Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member (17796 Views)

K1 De Ultimate Drinks Garri With Fish At A Party / Femi Kuti And Sister Call Out Band Member Who Ran Away In The U.S / Photo Of Wasilat Olaronke Marshal That Died In Canada (K1 De Ultimate Daughter) (2) (3) (4)

K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Omihanifa: 12:10pm On Mar 25
In response to allegations of maltreatment by a former drummer of Wasiu Ayinde (K1 De Ultimate), Ayankunle Ayanlowo, the renowned Fuji singer recently addressed and dismissed the claims during a formal discussion with media professionals at his Mayegun Royal Resort located in Ijebu Ode, Ogun state.

During the session, K1 provided insights into his relationship with the band, along with its inception, describing the format with which band members were recruited.

“Our band is like an organisation that hires and fires,” he explained. “It’s an organisation where if you signify intention to join, you are taken onboard, and by tomorrow if you find something else, you can opt out.”

Founded solely by him, the ‘Solo Makinde’ singer provided the backdrop for the band’s early days when its members numbered between seven and nine, 52 years ago—a far cry from the current team, which now boasts 28 members.

“When I established my band, it was my sole idea to do so, and I called other people to partake in it. You must have the qualities of a leader to do anything like that. What is so difficult to manage is the coming together of people.”

He added, “When I see that my ways are not yours, I can easily drop you. If it aligns and you want to opt out, I’d advise you not to do so. So, that’s how I formed my band.”

Like many bands, K1 explained that his band members had occasionally left to pursue other dreams and then returned. He further clarified that Ayanlowo had left the band on numerous occasions.

“A majority of them run away on our trips abroad. I have a majority of them who are not genuinely in love with music. They only showcase what they feel they have a talent for, and we tolerate them with the approach of ‘with time they will grow.’ But they have their plans.”

Despite the shortcomings of his band members, he emphasized his commitment to seeing the band thrive, often resorting to borrowing funds to sustain them. K1 pointed out that the band members may not fully appreciate the sacrifices made on their behalf, as they sometimes allow their egos to push them towards threatening to leave. He says this has huge implications of setting him back as their leader.

“They’ll threaten you by saying they would run away. Mine isn’t the first time. A whole band had travelled with Shina Peters, my friend, and they eloped.”

Addressing the slave-master relationship alleged by Ayanlowo that left him underpaid, K1 elucidated that he always documented payments made to all his band members. At the meeting, he provided payment records made to his band members weekly. One such payment shared revealed a sum of over N120,000, a wide disparity from the N8,043 per show Ayanlowo had claimed in a previous interview.

K1 further revealed that the sharing formula for income between him and the band was initially set at a ratio of 60:40. Over time, with the increase in band members, it was adjusted to 40:60, with both sides donating ten per cent of earnings to pay management staff.

Aside from payments made to performing members on tour, he explained that there is a culture of paying members who were not able to go on tours overseas.

“In my band, there is an order that those who died in active service get paid. Their families still go to collect whatever money we give to them. If we travel abroad, those who didn’t come with us get paid even if they are in Nigeria,” [/b]he said.

In response to the seized passports alleged by Ayanlowo, K1 insisted that he was not in the custody of his passports, clarifying that if he had such in his possession, he would not be able to leave any overseas country without being queried.

[b]“Ayankunle, who is complaining that they [quote]withheld his passport, ran away from the band in England while we were on tour. He ran away with two other people in the band. He took his passport along. That was in the 90s,” said K1, describing the first instance when the ex-drummer eloped. He maintained that the said passport is still at the British High Commission.

Discussing Ayanlowo’s financial circumstances, K1 said his band members are well-to-do. He claimed Ayanlowo’s fate was peculiar to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/03/25/k1-de-ultimate-speaks-on-alleged-maltreatment-of-band-member%3famp=1

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Hhansome(m): 12:12pm On Mar 25
I didn't read.

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Lance008(m): 12:14pm On Mar 25
he no get chill
But bad as he bad if he no owe he workers that's nice
To be honest no emotion in business

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Zonefree(m): 12:19pm On Mar 25
Too much shalaye makes one a thief.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Higherthan: 12:32pm On Mar 25
Once you become successful anything yo bring you down, business is business, irrespective, don't feel entitled, what if he no blow you'll take your complete money without pity on him

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by STEWpid(f): 12:33pm On Mar 25
Chai..

I read it, but their fight no consign me!!

Ogbasaram??

I feel like eating Amala and Nsala Soup this afternoon.

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Jagabanbattle: 12:34pm On Mar 25
Most human being expect that once you are rich, you will automatically make them rich by working with you. It’s poverty mentality.

That rich man you see is paying bills, has family members to attend to and also, he has to maintain his status in society.

Now, how do you expect such man to achieve your dream of being rich for you? A man who creates a company/band that feed families of workers (like those complaining) is not doing a small job. You not begging to feed your family is the greatest achievement a man can ever make in life.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Thundafireseun: 12:34pm On Mar 25

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Angelfrost(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25
Oga, you don come dey shalaye too much...!

You are clearly triggered by guilt. tongue

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Jamiubond009(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25
This K1 is who they allege he is .Still remember in the early 2000's how a son of his used to roam around the Ago palace way axis begging people for money when his father used to live there, off Jemtok street,ago palace way okota.Hungry praise singers would line up in front of his house and he'd come out in white jalabia and be dashing them 100 naira each.The son's story about his maltreatment would shock you.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Jamiubond009(m): 12:34pm On Mar 25
tongue

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Therock5555(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25
There are always three sides to a story, Ayanlowo don talk him own, K1 don talk him own.

Na only God know the truth...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Jamiubond009(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by AleAirHub(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25
Episode

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Sccarrr: 12:36pm On Mar 25
Well

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by superCleanworks(m): 12:37pm On Mar 25
stories

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by dalongjnr: 12:38pm On Mar 25
Why does it took him this long to respond with the padded rejoinder?

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by sylve11: 12:38pm On Mar 25
Hmmm cool

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Buffalo2(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25
Yinmu

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Hezzyluv: 12:39pm On Mar 25
K1 da ultimate always remainds me of the movie tittle "King of Boy". grin

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Amigoss: 12:41pm On Mar 25

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Pickieox(m): 12:44pm On Mar 25
What if?

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Cantonese: 12:44pm On Mar 25
He gave a good response.

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Donaldoni: 12:45pm On Mar 25

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Barcalee: 12:48pm On Mar 25
Therock5555:
There are always three sides to a story, Ayanlowo don talk him own, K1 don talk him own.

Na only God know the truth...

The truth the half truth and the liesssssss

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Fcwilly: 12:49pm On Mar 25
STEWpid:
Chai..

I read it, but their fight no consign me!!

Ogbasaram??

Plenty stewpid people in this corn3

I feel like eating Amala and Nsala Soup this afternoon.

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by Omoawoke: 12:50pm On Mar 25
Wasiu is an example of a typical wicked greedy African man.

I use to like him but now my dislike for him knows no bound.

A typical black African just want to make it alone and watch others suffer of poverty. A typical black african want to be wealthy, the only rich man in his community, others will be calling him Chief, Alhaji, Odogwu and they will queue in front of his house everyday to beg for food.
What a shame

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: K1 De Ultimate Speaks On Alleged Maltreatment Of Band Member by CoronaVirusPro: 12:52pm On Mar 25
Everyone cannot be wrong!

Olamide has many people saying good about him, he does not need to praise himself. Same with Don Jazzy!

You hardly can hear any good compliment about KWAM 1.

If you that good like you proclaim, you won’t need to be granting interviews. Those people would have stood up for you.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Jonathan Hosts Nollywood Stars At State House / "Mercy Aigbe Just Using Her Domestic Violence Claim To Make Money"- Lanre Gentry / The Future Awards Africa 2020 Winners (Full List)