Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) (57296 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Careente7(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27
That’s actually a house snake or rat snake. Not venomous but a constrictor. That’s not even close to a cobra.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 1:50pm On Mar 27
Stupid dirty serpent! angry

The ugliest creature ever. 😪

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Light78: 1:52pm On Mar 27
Judolisco:
that's a cobra bro... U can see two dead chickens and you're still saying it's not venomous.... Haba

They kill by biting the chick stomach. They can even rip off their intestines from between the chicks legs.

I did poultry business and I know that snake like my backyard.

I have watched one killing one of my chicken. It wrapped around my chick, then bit off my chick's intestine between the legs.

4 Likes

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by sslcrypt: 1:53pm On Mar 27
Light78:
Rat snake.

They like killing chicks at night.

don't fool yourself that's not a rat snake.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CorrectionFLuid: 1:58pm On Mar 27
KingDash09:
Thought is was black mamba for a second but they don’t grow to that length

Always research before you open your maeuf

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Zonefree(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27
NPFLADMIN:
I fear snakes pass anything.
You fear snakes pass Nigerian girls?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by unclejb2(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27
Manigie:
Very soon they will come out and say " see meat"...

How people eat this creature still baffles me
better meat.... Best enjoyed roasted with fresh red oil, onions and fresh pepper
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Osanoghodua1: 2:04pm On Mar 27
How did you kill it? I usually get snakes come to my poultry, drink eggs, kill the mother chicken. Sometimes swallow chicks. My neighbours will assist me as it's always at night. I will just lock everywhere before calling neighbour.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Aemann33: 2:04pm On Mar 27
Yes they can, most FMCs have polyvalent antivenoms aixture of antivenoms from most common snakes in Nigeria. If quickly attended to,they can be treated.
Questionnaires:

Can the venom be Treated in Nigeria?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Paraman: 2:08pm On Mar 27
Chukwuka319:
The snake is obviously a species of cobra,most likely a forest cobra.
that's not a forest cobra. It does not even look like a cobra
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:
You fear snakes pass Nigerian girls?? undecided
Of course!!!
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Zonefree(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27
NPFLADMIN:

Of course!!!
Seems you don't place much value on your life?

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27
Zonefree:
Seems you don't place much value on your life?
Snakes kill faster than women.
Although women cause more damage.

Meaning when I notice the women starting their damage, I RUN.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by KingDash09(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27
My dick still bigger than yours though
You halfwit
CorrectionFLuid:

Always research before you open your maeuf
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by iamoyindamola(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27
stagger:

Nigeria uses a polyvalent antivenom, effect against viperidae (vipers), elapids (cobras) and dendroaspis sp (mambas).
So we now have anti venom that works for different species of snakes
That's good to know
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by StevConcepts(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27
The snake looks like a Black Mamba (If inside the Mouth is Black).

Learn how to sell Images Online and earn in dollars.

Send me a WhatsApp message on 08100677506 Presentation starts today by 8:00pm
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CorrectionFLuid: 2:36pm On Mar 27
KingDash09:
My dick still bigger than yours though
You halfwit

Always research before you open your big maeuf, fool. Especially on page one fool.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by 99thEnemy(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27
Light78:
Rat snake.

They like killing chicks at night.

I knew that type of snake like my backyard when I was in the poultry business.

I had watched one kill one of my chicks. It will constrict its prey and bite off the intestine.

At OP, please tell us whether you saw the intestine of the chicks ripped open.

A cobra can not do that. The snakes with teeth are the ones that do that.

Cobras own is to swallow eggs or chicks they know they can.

N.B: A snake will not kill what it knows it cannot swallow, unless if being cornered.

If it was a venomous snake, many of your chicks would be dead.

Cobra will come look for eggs or small chicks it can swallow, then if threatened, it will attack.

You killed that snake because rat snakes are docile. If you tried that with a cobra, you would run when it stands 3 feet tall facing you.

If it was a spitting cobra, your eyes would hurt.
If its a spitting cobra, he would be blind if venom gets into his eyes oh!
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Thereishel: 2:41pm On Mar 27
Ejo Sebe
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by ronyman(m): 2:41pm On Mar 27
How do I join
RevenuesBoost:

So creepy

Meanwhile,
Learn how to produce Poultry Feed Using Cassava Peels: Join us today by 8:00pm

You can act on this knowledge or pass it to someone else.

Remember, you're not paying for this knowledge.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by 99thEnemy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27
Questionnaires:

He go wake up meet am tomorrow...

grin
Just like you said. grin

The thread has been blessed. grin
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Valwezzy: 2:45pm On Mar 27
Psoul:

Do you know Cashew tree?
Just cut the bark, chew it and swallow the juice and throw away the chaff. The venom will become ordinary water in your system.
You can cut the bark, dry and store for emergency. It hardly gets spoil. The bark can last for over 3 yrs.

It Really works?

Have you tested or used it to treat anyone?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27
Manigie:
Very soon they will come out and say " see meat"...

How people eat this creature still baffles me
hmmm, it's a very sweet meat, try and taste it
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 2:50pm On Mar 27
MrBrownJay1:
looks like a frontpage snake... where is LALA sef?
he has relocated to Afghanistan
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 2:50pm On Mar 27
Good job bro...also keep watching still...just to be sure
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by zebszebs: 2:54pm On Mar 27
MrBrownJay1:
looks like a frontpage snake... where is LALA sef?
Late
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by zedman1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 27
Questionnaires:
Omo, God! See Snake That A Facebook Friend Killed On His Poutry Farm Today!

Credit: Ak Emeka
First time seeing snake on his farm or first time in his life? If it's the latter, which part of earth them born you?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by RevenuesBoost(f): 2:59pm On Mar 27
ronyman:
How do I join

To join the class, follow the instructions on the photo so you'll be added to the group.

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Aurelius1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27
Chukwuka319:

Yes, black mambas don't reach that length.They are Africa's longest venomous snake, reaching a length of 12 feet, the second longest venomous snake after the king cobra with its five to seven subspecies.
You are wrong here bro. The most venomous snake on Earth is the Inland Taipan which is native to Australia.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Charly68: 3:14pm On Mar 27
Very wicked snake..
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 3:41pm On Mar 27
Questionnaires:

Omo, If Me - I see this snake even in the day; I don JAPA...!

Baba we are same thing, last two weeks the estate I just moved into, around 5:30am, when I was going out, I saw this same snake 🐍 but still small, the snake ran away a he heard aa footstep 👣 of me, but the snake no know say me self dey run for am 😀
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27
Aurelius1:
You are wrong here bro. The most venomous snake on Earth is the Inland Taipan which is native to Australia.
🤣🤣🤣 Ahhh! Oga,do you actually lack sense of comprehension and reasoning?
Obviously you do!
Goodness! Lol! Mr Lecturer with zero comprehension,I mentioned the longest venomous snakes,not the most venomous snake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Williams Is Kereksuk Rice Farm Nasarawa Owner / What Do You Call This Fruit? (pictures) / My Mom's Pineapple Plantation And Harvest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.