Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) (57282 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 3:44pm On Mar 27
Paraman:
that's not a forest cobra. It does not even look like a cobra
Mr Lecturer,so what's it then?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by benjanny(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27
Very easy to kill
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chukwuka319(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27
Zeebuy:

That's a rat snake. Very mild venom that can't harm humans.

Forest Conras aren't as black as this, and they tend to have a yellow underbelly, usually with black spots
Mr Lecturer, ratsnakes are not native to Africa but to North America, Europe and Asia.
Forest cobras are very dark in blackness and has subspecies with black background colour with white bands.A subspecies is black with yellow bands.
Teachers everywhere dishing out misleading info.
Ratsnakes in Africa?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by lakesider2006(m): 3:53pm On Mar 27
Seriously speaking broquote author=Light78 post=129122744]Rat snake.

They like killing chicks at night.

I knew that type of snake like my backyard when I was in the poultry business.

I had watched one kill one of my chicks. It will constrict its prey and bite off the intestine.

At OP, please tell us whether you saw the intestine of the chicks ripped open.

A cobra can not do that. The snakes with teeth are the ones that do that.

Cobras own is to swallow eggs or chicks they know they can.

N.B: A snake will not kill what it knows it cannot swallow, unless if being cornered.

If it was a venomous snake, many of your chicks would be dead.

Cobra will come look for eggs or small chicks it can swallow, then if threatened, it will attack.

You killed that snake because rat snakes are docile. If you tried that with a cobra, you would run when it stands 3 feet tall facing you.

If it was a spitting cobra, your eyes would hurt. [/quote]
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by dante12412(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27
spencekat:
Simon keys

Lol...and here is my wife Susan, we are professional snake catchers. With 30dollars u get rid of unwanted visitors from your house and take it to the wild where it belongs. grin

NAT GEO WILD on the beats. grin

One tends to learn more about snakes if you are constantly watching his programs on DStv.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by officialfestus(m): 4:09pm On Mar 27
benjanny:
Very easy to kill
how?
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Teeklef(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27
I prefer to jam lion than to meet one on one with that creepy creature.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by officialfestus(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27
dante12412:

Lol...and here is my wife Susan, we are professional snake catchers. With 30dollars u get rid of unwanted visitors from your house and take it to the wild where it belongs. grin

One tends to learn more about snakes if you are constantly watching his programs on DStv.
😂

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Bullfallo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27
The snake is greedy. Two chicken
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27
Manigie:
Very soon they will come out and say " see meat"...

Damn it, see meeat cheesy

where arth you cheesy

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Love800(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27
Lies. Stop dis.
Psoul:

Do you know Cashew tree?
Just cut the bark, chew it and swallow the juice and throw away the chaff. The venom will become ordinary water in your system.
You can cut the bark, dry and store for emergency. It hardly gets spoil. The bark can last for over 3 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by KingDash09(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27
Thanx lowlife
CorrectionFLuid:

Always research before you open your big maeuf, fool. Especially on page one fool.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by spencekat(m): 5:09pm On Mar 27
dante12412:

👍👍
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:20pm On Mar 27
u ppl wan to sneak Lala in Tru d back door abi?

kolewerk!

grin
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CorrectionFLuid: 5:26pm On Mar 27
KingDash09:
Thanx lowlife

Now get lost, pig.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by VaginaAcademic: 5:47pm On Mar 27
Always a cobra thats the only thing scaring me from going into poultry farming I once had an encounter
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Fujiyama: 5:56pm On Mar 27
stagger:
Wrong. Black mambas get their name from the black colour of their mouths, not skin.

They are typically grey, ash or brown-coloured. Hard to kill as they are super fast, can climb trees and raise themselves several feet in the air.

^^^
The books tell us mambas aren't found in this part of the world but some people contest this.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CrossRhodes: 6:10pm On Mar 27
billyG:

Rat snake that killed 3 chickens with a non venomous bites?
Constriction bro, constriction
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by CrossRhodes: 6:10pm On Mar 27
Judolisco:
that's a cobra bro... U can see two dead chickens and you're still saying it's not venomous.... Haba
They constrict their prey

Just read about them...

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Gerard28: 6:12pm On Mar 27
Teeklef:
I prefer to jam lion than to meet one on one with that creepy creature.

You don't know what you're saying
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Fujiyama: 6:14pm On Mar 27
Zeebuy:
Forest Conras aren't as black as this, and they tend to have a yellow underbelly, usually with black spots

^^^
You are right about the yellow underbelly. All the forest cobras I have seen do have those yellow markings on ventral scales and they are also prominent around the upper third of the body - around the head, the hood etc.

But it also seems there are some melanistic cobras in the West African subregion - fully black specimens that do not have any yellow bands...easy to confuse with the rat snake being described on this thread...which is why it may be extremely dangerous to try identifying these snakes unless one knows what one is doing.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Teeklef(m): 6:17pm On Mar 27
Gerard28:

You don't know what you're saying
You don win nao
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by BscHolder: 6:25pm On Mar 27
iamoyindamola:

Yes but FMCs
I doubt health centers or private hospitals have anti venoms available more over you have to know the type of snake that bite someone to know the anti venom to administer

But it can be locally treated, my sister was once bitten by a viper she was lucky we have some village people around
He man removed the venom by cutting her with blade all over the leg
cutting her with blade all over her legs and she no scream?
Omo I no sure say I fit withstand such pains oo chai
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by RaptorX: 6:35pm On Mar 27
No way is that snake able to swallow those chickens, except for the eggs.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by iamoyindamola(m): 6:58pm On Mar 27
BscHolder:
cutting her with blade all over her legs and she no scream?
Omo I no sure say I fit withstand such pains oo chai
Small small piercing na
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Chuksyno(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27
I fear snakes the same way I fear electricity especially naked wires.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by DavSagacity(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27
Wow...
That's a massive king Cobra.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Psoul(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27
Valwezzy:

It Really works?

Have you tested or used it to treat anyone?

It is not a total cure.
What it does is to delay the spread of the venom.

Use it as a first aid while seeking for approved medical attention.
It has bn proven that bark of cashew tree can delay spread of snake venom.
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by PropertyBuying(f): 1:26am On Mar 28
Lol 😂
VawulentMan:
Omo "SEE MEAT" shocked

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by Govocrete: 6:40am On Mar 28
Poultry farmers. Always cook eggs and place they around your farms.

When those snakes swallow the cooked eggs, the are unable to crack it in their throat as a result they will choke to death.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by billyG(m): 8:07am On Mar 28
CrossRhodes:

Constriction bro, constriction
So it constrict one chicken,left it constrict another left it & so on
Re: Poultry Farmer Kills Snake That Has Been Eating His Chickens And Eggs (Photos) by arceem(m): 8:56am On Mar 28
Wow you tried ooo
This type of snakes are very poisonous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Williams Is Kereksuk Rice Farm Nasarawa Owner / What Do You Call This Fruit? (pictures) / My Mom's Pineapple Plantation And Harvest (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.