Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? (6877 Views)

Which African Country Would Buy An Aircraft Carrier First? / I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima / Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Sholaf(f): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2011
Porto Novo, Benin Republique.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by otumfour(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

BIAFRA ANYTIME, ANYDAY AS LONG AS WE DONT CARRY ANY OTHER TRIBE OR ETHNIC GROUP ALONG.
BIAFRA MUST BE ONE MIND, ONE LANGUAGE (NO MORE DIRTY MGBATI MGBATI AND LANGUAGES) ONE TRIBE (LION FINGER TRIBAL MARKS NOT WELCOME), ONE CULTURE (NO MORE Yoruba AND NOISE MAKING OWAMBE PARTIES. WE WONT TOLERATE EATING OF DIRRTY, SHIIT LIKE EWEDU, AMALA ETC. YOU NEED TO EAT MORE AGBU/FUFU TO GROW SOME BALLS AND NOT JUST MAKE EMPTY NOISES). ONE RELIGION (SORRY MUSLIMS AND OTHER RELIGIONS ARE NOT WELCOMED)

? WELL NIGERIA IS A FORCED MARRIAGE BASED ON LIES AND DECEIT. THIS UNION IS NOT HELPING ANYBODY. THE EARLIER WE GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS THE BETTER FOR ALL OF US,

Read this dumbarzz hypocrite ; and this mutha/fucka wud be the first to spit shixt in defending naija. typical fuull
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by success4(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2011
as long as I can THINK, I don't care which country. Therefore, anywhere is ok by me!
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by bigsean(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
i just read a few comments and i had to look at the forum for this post, cos the replies sound like jokes to me.
The question is not where u would love to stay/live, the question, to the best of my knowledge is "which country would u have chosen to be born?"
to answer that question, u would want put into consideration, the advantages u stand to gain in being a citizen of that country by right of birth and equipped with that answer i cant see why someone will look beyond USA and Canada (to the best of my knowledge, i dont mind being informed of adv of other countries).
How would anyone even say they wish to be born in Nigeria, that's just ignorant. What has being a nigerian citizen done for you? (apart from being looked at as 419,a and recently hub for terrorists by the international community).
The nig govt is not even working to redeem our international image is in in free fall.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by blackmale(m): 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
i would have loved to be born in the US, raised in 9ja, then go back to the US,
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by dinggle: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
Naija over and over, specifically Lagos the most open-minded state in Nigeria. The Country I don't pray to be born in is USA. Even tho! I live and work in America I have my reasons.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by jmoore(m): 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
Nigeria 1st choice, Nigeria 2nd choice Nigeria 3rd choice.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by jmoore(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2011
big_sean:

i just read a few comments and i had to look at the forum for this post, cos the replies sound like jokes to me.
The question is not where u would love to stay/live, the question, to the best of my knowledge is "which country would u have chosen to be born?"
to answer that question, u would want put into consideration, the advantages u stand to gain in being a citizen of that country by right of birth and equipped with that answer i cant see why someone will look beyond USA and Canada (to the best of my knowledge, i dont mind being informed of adv of other countries).
How would anyone even say they wish to be born in Nigeria, that's just ignorant. What has being a nigerian citizen done for you? (apart from being looked at as 419,a and recently hub for terrorists by the international community).
The nig govt is not even working to redeem our international image is in in free fall.

we understand english, therefore we understood the question.

Go and read the history of USA and you will see how they got to where they are today. They had their bad days. It was people that made USA the country it is today.

No one is ignorant because he or she chooses to be born in Nigeria.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by mikuz(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
Switzerland
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by juman(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
Oduduwa Republic. But there is no country like that yet.

So now I choose Islamic Republic of Iran.

Definitely not Nigeria.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by db10dtruth(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2011
Poverty 4 dat way beta pass here own o, Switzerland or Luxembourg no bad dat year
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by rotciv2011(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
I'm not too proud of recent events in the land of my birth, but I know that God was not foolish to have dropped me here. I will gladly be born a Nigerian again.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Wallie(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
If the choice was mine to make, then I would choose any country that allows the following:
1. Me living up to my full potential.
2. Me having liberty and freedom.
3. Me having access to the best life has to offer.

Ayoobscom:

SAUDI ARABIA where there's no rich or poor, where there's justice and equity

an Island of peace and harmony where Shariah is being practiced

I think the Saudis would beg to differ even with their highly subsidized cost of living. I have absolutely nothing against Saudi but your perception is not reality.

[flash=400,250]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2PTKlz2lw[/flash]
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
jmoore:

we understand english, therefore we understood the question.

Go and read the history of USA and you will see how they got to where they are today. They had their bad days. It was people that made USA the country it is today.

No one is ignorant because he or she chooses to be born in Nigeria.

Maybe after dem flog am like Kunta Kinte, ehn eye go shine well well
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
God is a Nigerian, therefore I am!

To all those Ibo folks Biafra will always be in your dreams!!!!
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Francis5: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
Nigeria, as long as Yuribas move to Benin Republic
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by bigsean(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2011
@okija and @jmoore
lol, like i said earlier, i'm enjoying the humor from peoples response to this topic even though a greater number of people are still replying the topic question with answers to "where they would chose to live/stay"
Maybe i sounded a lil bit harsh by using the word "ignorant" in my previous post so for that i apologize (see, i'm nice and charming by default  grin)

@okija, "Kunta kinte", really bro?
the question is not "where u want to be born during the slavery era" BTW, how can u even prove we are not worse off right now? (i'm just saying), considering we do not have statistics to back up the following:
1) child slavery and abuse
2) police or uniform men brutality and so on

Let me give a brief run down, when a nation is wore torn or on the brick of crisis, do u know what most developed countries do? they spend their tax payers money to make sure they get every single one of their citizens out of that zone (no exceptions). should i tell u what our leaders do with our tax money? ur guess is as good as mine.  (Titty Bar is definitely among grin)

True, US has its history, but the people fought for it. What have we the citizenry in Nigeria done?
(1) If Abacha didn't die of natural causes, i bet he would still be ruling us till this very day,nobody will cough
2) Can u think of the nig. military respecting the right of the people like how the Egyptian forces did during their uprising? )

Choosing to grow or be born in a society because of the incentive "that things don't work" or are not organized is really amazing.
Well, everybody has their reason sha! But like i tried to point out in my initial post, i would just appreciate it if you/we could state the reason we prefer nig (or any other country than just blind patriotism.)
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2011
Francis-1:

Nigeria, as long as Yuribas move to Benin Republic
Yes we will leave nigeria so that you and your boko brothers can have a nice time killing yourselves.bloody mor-on.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by PHIPEX(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2011
big_sean:

@okija and @jmoore
lol, like i said earlier, i'm enjoying the humor from peoples response to this topic even though a greater number of people are still replying the topic question with answers to "where they would chose to live/stay"
Maybe i sounded a lil bit harsh by using the word "ignorant" in my previous post so for that i apologize (see, i'm nice and charming by default grin)

@okija, "Kunta kinte", really bro?
the question is not "where u want to be born during the slavery era" BTW, how can u even prove we are not worse off right now? (i'm just saying), considering we do not have statistics to back up the following:
1) child slavery and abuse
2) police or uniform men brutality and so on

Let me give a brief run down, when a nation is wore torn or on the brick of crisis, do u know what most developed countries do? they spend their tax payers money to make sure they get every single one of their citizens out of that zone (no exceptions). should i tell u what our leaders do with our tax money? your guess is as good as mine. (bosom Bar is definitely among grin)

True, US has its history, but the people fought for it. What have we the citizenry in Nigeria done?
(1) If Abacha didn't die of natural causes, i bet he would still be ruling us till this very day,nobody will cough
2) Can u think of the nig. military respecting the right of the people like how the Egyptian forces did during their uprising? )

Choosing to grow or be born in a society because of the incentive "that things don't work" or are not organized is really amazing.
Well, everybody has their reason sha! But like i tried to point out in my initial post, i would just appreciate it if you/we could state the reason we prefer nig (or any other country than just blind patriotism.)

I can see that you have been brain-washed by the Americans.Monkey no fine but him Mama love am die. If all Americans ran to Britain before they got developed would people have had the gut to mention it in a forum like this?
You better wake up and realise that no matter how American you want to claim, your still a foreigner. By the way who told you that Abacha died a natural death?
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by wascom2: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
nigeria is a God forsaken land, with an irredeemable and epidemical blood of corruption and greed flowing through our veins.

I would have loved to be born in UAE
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Francis5: 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yes we will leave nigeria so that you and your boko brothers can have a nice time killing yourselves.bloody mor-on.

You mean kill yourselves like ya brothers here?

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/09/15/mayhem-in-ibadan-as-nurtw-factions-clash/
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
BUNCH OF FOOLS EVERYWHERE, WHATS WRONG WITH MY POST? DID I MENTION ANY TRIBE IF YOU DONT LIKE MY POST GO HUG A TRANSFORMER, I WANT BIAFRA, PERIOD. TIRED OF DEFENDING NIGERIA. TIRED OF TELLING PEOPLE NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER SOMEDAY AND REGAIN ITS LOST GLORY,

TO THE DIRTY BLOATED ANIMAL TALKING ABOUT CRIMES IN ABA, WHAT ABOUT LAGOS, IS THERE ANY CRIME THAT GOES ON IN ABA THAT DOESNT HAPPEN IN LAGOS 5,000 TIMES MORE ABA IS HEAVEN COMPARED TO SOME SW STATES LIKE EKITI,

SEE, I JOINED THIS SITE AFTER READING SEVERAL TASTELESS POSTS/ATTACKS AGAINST MY PEOPLE, MOSTLY FROM THESE MGBATI MGBAI PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY DRAW HORRIBLE MARKS ON THE FACES OF THEIR CHILDREN, THEY CLAIM TO BE THE MOST EDUCATED TRIBE ON EARTH, YET THEY DO THIS TO THEIR CHILDREN IN THE NAME OF CULTURE. AND ALSO THEIR CULTURE PERMITS DIRT, THEY SHIIT IN BAGSS FOR REAL, ITS NO JOKE,
IF MY POST PAIN YOU WELL WELL ABEG GO HUG TRANSFORMER SHARP SHARP
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by jumobi1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
Are you guys serious about Nigeria?
The only reason you guys are saying Nigeria is because you already are Nigerians. Obviously biased answers. If you were from Somalia you would say Somalia.
Nigeria is NOT even one of the best countries in the world. Foreigners would NoT choose Nigeria.

I love my country because I have no choose but,
I choose Sweden
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by billyG(m): 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
As 4 mi i want 2 be shitted in uncle sam's country in ma nxt incarnation,i will go back if i fnd maself in a goddamn naija. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cry
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Litmus: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2011
Was actually born in obodo oyingbo (England) but formative years in Nigeria. If i thought i couldn't return to Nigeria ever again, i believe suicide would play a large  role in my mental state. I have traveled much since and i don't believe there are any group of people in the world more humane or fully rounded than Nigerians. 

Nigeria for ever! smiley smiley
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by publisher(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2011
[size=15pt]Its Nigeria forever,
Nigeria may have lost its giant of Africa status to South Africa (temporarily),but Nigerians will always be the giant citizens of Africa where ever they are. And i'm referring to real,confident, industrious Nigerians o, not the self hating loosers like jumobi1,wascom2 and co grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2011
Ever doubt yourself, ala nationality? then you're disqualified from been Nigerian, as far as am concerned. For I've humbly  and thankfully trawled and continue to travel this Planet Blue, and have never wanted to be born elsewhere. Q.E.D

Know where Mum and Dad come from the East , and proudly born in Sapele, raised in Ibadan, schooled in Jos,  Uni-ed in Europe. First mortgaged in London, Married in the Polynesian Pacific. Habiting across 3 continents. Presently doing some work here in Nigeria. AND NEVER-EVER WANTING TO LET-GO OF MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT , NO MATTER WHAT   !!!!!!  And am told often that am the least Nigerian known to all and sundry, by patriotism or attitudes.  I thank my lovely parents for all things Nigerian in me.

"Lights the blue touch paper and enjoying the flame."
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by DOGIDOPE: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2011
naija WHERE ANYTHING GOES
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by bigsean(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
DOGI DOPE:

naija WHERE ANYTHING GOES
CAn u see a perfect example of what i am trying to Expose here? How can u chose nig. because of system failure OMG!!!

The tot process here is similar to someone giving u a blank cheque once in ur life time and saying u can only make one withdrawal (any amount) and u write 50k NAIRA.

I no fit shout abeg.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by femmy2010(m): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2011
Nigeria is indeed an hell hole but I love her.
Nigeria again in another world.
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by HighChief4(m): 12:48am On Nov 17, 2011
Biafra
Re: Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? by darne(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2011
Nigeria All The Way,, GREEN WHITE GREEN ! kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Defence Of Buhari's Statement Of Results / Who Is The Real Governor In Abia State? T.A Orji Or Ikpeazu? Live Pics. / Meet The 'world's Ugliest Woman' Who Is A Motivational Speaker. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.