Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story (27784 Views)

Erisco Foods Limited Is In Your Town (Pictures)!!! / Nigerians React As Oyibo People With Igbo Names Review Erisco Products (Pix) / Oil Prices Soar After Iran Attacks Airbases Housing US Troops In Iraq - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Acidosis(m): 6:25am On Mar 28
Rolings:
Like my Yoruba people will say
"Gambari pa Fulani, ko Kan aye"
Chioma cancelling Eric Umuofia company....it's a family affair

That's why you're a bigot. You can accept oppression as long as the oppressor is from your tribe. A trademark of eternal bigots. And no, stop dragging yoruba into your personal ideology.

6 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Goodvibes007: 6:30am On Mar 28
The law is blind and doesn't care. Even in the abroad.

The owner of the puree was also interviewed by CNN, he said he would rather die than let someone tarnish the image he spent 40 years to build.

Chioma fvcked around and found out. She even dared erisco to take him to court. She could have just left a review and moved on like we all do on amazon or some other merchant website. Even amazon has a warning label about not leaving a dodgy or fake review.

Instead Chioma started talking about how the tomato puree could kill people to her 11,000 followers on Facebook. She is an influencer and knows what she was doing.

1st screenshot: Italy
2nd screenshot: Canada
3rd screenshot: Thailand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by talk2hb1(m): 6:38am On Mar 28
kingthreat:

Playing the victim card as usual. The western world is too sympathetic to women, children girl child, pregnant women, gays, lesbians and transexuals. Now it is like the law is against you if you are none of these.

Don't mind the silly OP. Let her face the law. Reddit, CNN, Amnesty International are not above the law. Although I see her getting freed. But she should be taken to court.
Do you understand the implications of Erisco food action on their brand?
First mistake was arresting her, it's a civil matter not a criminal matter.
Secondly they could have handled the situation amicably and in a reasonable manner.
Won't you defeat your enemy by making them your friend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Goodvibes007: 6:47am On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
he isn't reaping any reward let's be sincere with ourselves I don't support the previous comment up there but if someone says your products killed people. Won't it be logical for her to show proofs of the people it killed, she had ample time to take down such post, her case is similar to that of vdm when you say sumtin endeavour to have proof so you can back up your claims. Now she is saying she is pregnant, I hope the man let go but its getting out of hand now and she herself caused it not erisco because you can lay complain but don't ruin people's business because if its your you won't take it also.
She is an influencer and told her 11,000 followers that the tomatoes was killing people. That's madness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Goodvibes007: 6:50am On Mar 28
talk2hb1:
Redit and Redditor go finish this people.

Here is my take on this matter, Erisco got it wrong by using police to arrest the lady; Why because this is a civil matter not a criminal case.Erisco Coming out to justify their action of using law enforcement to arrest her is even more damaging than the act of arresting her, the statement of seeking law enforcement advise if it's a criminal matter or a Civil matter should be advised by their legal adviser not the law enforcement agency.

Looking forward
Two things could play out in court, the easy one will be to settle out of court. The easier one is to continue and wait for the court to pass a judgement; which if the judgement doesn't favor Erisco they go to a higher court.

I guess they(Erisco) have a deep pocket but dumb legal advisory team, any which way they will loose even when they win. The brand name is a gonna, they should go float another company with another name and image.

A Drop Of Honey Attracts More Flies Than a Gallon of Poison.

Alot of people on Reddit don't even have access to the product. They are mostly based in USA and Canada. Most just went of the headline and started leaving bad reviews on google.

Nigerians that are the actual don't care or read product reviews. Most of the youths in Nigeria instigating a mob action against the company are not the major or key account customers of tomato puree products. Restaurants are.

I agree with your worst case scenario. The company if at all affected severely will just slap a different label on the cans.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Myrepublic(m): 6:53am On Mar 28
Just because she told people to be careful of fake tintomatoes,some are saying he wants to spoil his business.. What about the man that wants to spoil your health with fake food? Nigeria always supports evil and that is why the goverment of the day is gradually turning everyone to begger

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by kingthreat(m): 7:13am On Mar 28
talk2hb1:

Do you understand the implications of Erisco food action on their brand?
First mistake was arresting her, it's a civil matter not a criminal matter.
Secondly they could have handled the situation amicably and in a reasonable manner.
Won't you defeat your enemy by making them your friend?

I will buy Erisco. Nigerians will buy it. We need more local producing companies to help our economy grow better. You that want to boycott, boycott. Nobody send you.

9 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by kingthreat(m): 7:14am On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
Just because she told people to be careful of fake tintomatoes,some are saying he wants to spoil his business.. What about the man that wants to spoil your health with fake food? Nigeria always supports evil and that is why the goverment of the day is gradually turning everyone to begger

Stop playing down the scenario.
SHE SAID ERISCO SHOULD STOP "KILLING PEOPLE" WITH HIS PRODUCT.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Myrepublic(m): 7:24am On Mar 28
kingthreat:

And how are you sure she was not saying the truth? Did you run a test on the product ? Cancers and so many bad health conditions these days,and you think they are from the sky right? Many are from these bad product people consume..

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Oche211(m): 8:38am On Mar 28
HenryTimes:

The best option is the first one. The second one is a no go area, do the second option and watch Nigerians messed up big companies in the name of review.

Honestly, if Erisco had kept quiet and not do a thing, no matter the noise around the review, it would had fizzled out within 3 days.

Majority of us wouldn't have known or heard anything about her review.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by ekemma676: 8:48am On Mar 28
Reddit.....Reddit........

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:56am On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
And how are you sure she was not saying the truth? Did you run a test on the product ? Cancers and so many bad health conditions these days,and you think they are from the sky right? Many are from these bad product people consume..
be reasonable mister. Don't complicate things. SON & NAFDAC verified these said products and said it isn't harmful but she arrogantly made that statement without thinking about its implications because people were hyping her. I hope the case is trashed out soon besides cancer has been existing before we were born, even diseases worse than cancer exist but in this case she shot herself on the foot making a statement without having credible proof just like vdm saying saying DIGs are doing tombo tombo with bobrisky. If it were poor man to poor man patapata we go blow ourselves.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:03am On Mar 28
Oche211:

Honestly, if Erisco had kept quiet and not do a thing, no matter the noise around the review, it would had fizzled out within 3 days.

Majority of us wouldn't have known or heard anything about her review.
this issue wouldn't have fizzled out because she herself made sure everything went out of hand because they told her to take down the post but she refused insisting it killed people haba now. Look at the engagement that comment had. If it were a male that made such statement, do you think they wouldnt have dealt with him more,at times women need to understand that they have to watch their tongue or what they post to ruin other people because the repercussion could b3 severe irrespective of this their victim mentality. She made a false statement about a company saying its products kill people, if it were your company how would you feel. Let's be sincere with ourselves.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Myrepublic(m): 9:10am On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
be reasonable mister. Don't complicate things. SON & NAFDAC verified these said products and said it isn't harmful but she arrogantly made that statement without thinking about its implications because people were hyping her. I hope the case is trashed out soon besides cancer has been existing before we were born, even diseases worse than cancer exist but in this case she shot herself on the foot making a statement without having credible proof just like vdm saying saying DIGs are doing tombo tombo with bobrisky. If it were poor man to poor man patapata we go blow ourselves.
When money is involved SON abd Nafdac will be very happy to tell you that snipper is safe for consumption.. I stopped taking nafdac serious since Late Dora of blessed memory left that agency. I have worked in a company where product expires, they will clean the expiring date on the products and put a new one. I have bought products which hasn't expired ,but the content will be bad. So oga forget noise,I am still not doubting this lady. Many of these companies doesn't care about your health,they are after their money.. The reason why this lady is passing through all these is because she is not as rich as Ericsco..

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by IamAsiri: 9:29am On Mar 28
Asonaijaaso:
[b]When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

Nigeria is even taking her to court, no one is killing anyone.

Dont let the western media scatter Nigeria, these guys are more corrupt than we are,

Nigeria should learn a lesson from this, set up a NAFDAC and Consumer protection Bureau to handle claims.

We need businesses and sometimes people are mischievous, it could have been Erisco's competition setting him up. Erisco spent billions to set up a tomato processing plant probably also took on big loans. There are people whose rent, school fees, livelihood depend on Erisco. So for one person to defame/slander their business overnight is not good either. For those who do business, we all know there is a period you are very fragile while building your brand.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss od revenue to Erisco.

Both parties deserve fair treatment.[/b]

He was not found dead the next day. Haba! Where did you get this your fake news from? Someone who granted interview was the person who was found dead the next day?

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by IamAsiri: 9:31am On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:

What exactly is wrong in saying something is too sugary if indeed it is too sugary? I personally hate the fact that these companies add sugar to tomato paste for whatever reason. It makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by 123456789O: 9:36am On Mar 28
Goodvibes007:

She is an influencer and told her 11,000 followers that the tomatoes was killing people. That's madness.

Show me the post where she used "killing"

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Phabulous4(m): 9:37am On Mar 28
I didn't even know about this post until Erisco make it a big deal just like millions of others.

The company principal acting in the from line of this event will do the company more harm than good. He would be sentimental thinking of his investment in the business.

Business risk are unavoidable and you fair best as a coy if you're able to to predict them to a degree of accuracy.

The Coy principal need to know one or to about corporate governance.

Asonaijaaso:
[b]When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

Nigeria is even taking her to court, no one is killing anyone.

Dont let the western media scatter Nigeria, these guys are more corrupt than we are,

Nigeria should learn a lesson from this, set up a NAFDAC and Consumer protection Bureau to handle claims.

We need businesses and sometimes people are mischievous, it could have been Erisco's competition setting him up. Erisco spent billions to set up a tomato processing plant probably also took on big loans. There are people whose rent, school fees, livelihood depend on Erisco. So for one person to defame/slander their business overnight is not good either. For those who do business, we all know there is a period you are very fragile while building your brand.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss od revenue to Erisco.

Both parties deserve fair treatment.[/b]
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by 123456789O: 9:38am On Mar 28
kingthreat:

Show me where she used "killing" in her post.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by 123456789O: 9:40am On Mar 28
Myrepublic:

She didn't use "killing".. Those saying she did are speculating. "Ki***ing" is not same as "killing" . Erisco would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what Chioma meant was "killing".
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by heniford2: 9:45am On Mar 28
talk2hb1:
Redit and Redditor go finish this people.

Here is my take on this matter, Erisco got it wrong by using police to arrest the lady; Why because this is a civil matter not a criminal case.Erisco Coming out to justify their action of using law enforcement to arrest her is even more damaging than the act of arresting her, the statement of seeking law enforcement advise if it's a criminal matter or a Civil matter should be advised by their legal adviser not the law enforcement agency.

Looking forward
Two things could play out in court, the easy one will be to settle out of court. The easier one is to continue and wait for the court to pass a judgement; which if the judgement doesn't favor Erisco they go to a higher court.

I guess they(Erisco) have a deep pocket but dumb legal advisory team, any which way they will loose even when they win. The brand name is a gonna, they should go float another company with another name and image.

A Drop Of Honey Attracts More Flies Than a Gallon of Poison.

Erisco will win in court that lady will seek out of court, Erisco is not dumb there is nothing like bad publicity in all this before now do u know Erisco 🤷🏿‍♂️ now ur aware of it his during serious more advertising the media hypocrisy will fade out soon but this said lady will still be in prison till then....thats how it will play out.!! She will do a media publishing that Erisco product are good in all newspaper and influence will care it out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Cassandraloius: 10:15am On Mar 28
Na she use her hands type her own problem. Let her face it!

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Myrepublic(m): 10:30am On Mar 28
123456789O:

She didn't use "killing".. Those saying she did are speculating. "Ki***ing" is not same as "killing" . Erisco would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what Chioma meant was "killing".
I pray she gets a good San to back her up. She will come out of it victorious..

I once experienced one during school days.. I was coming from class one hot afternoon.. Trekking from NLT to Poultry road.. I asked for viju milk from one woman in her shop. What saved me was that I opened and checked the lid.. wetin I see my mouth no fit talk.. I showed it to the woman,cux I was still in her shop.. she apologized and gave me another one.. So if I called out that company that day,them go come arrest their papa abi? Na ogun go kill all those supporting evil people in this country..

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by kenmaro: 10:45am On Mar 28
BigIyanga:
This Erisco CEO no get street sense and EQ

Honestly, he and his management team especially his corporate communications and marketing team are foolish. They could have used this issue to their advantage without prosecuting Chioma.

I knew it will definitely go against Erisco. Majority of consumers will definitely support Chioma even without reviewing the product themselves. Note, it is easy to see fault than establishing a product's positive side in cases like this.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by BigIyanga: 10:54am On Mar 28
kingthreat:

Nope.. she said ‘ki….ng .. which could be kissing, kidding, etc

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Matheusmartin: 11:00am On Mar 28
123456789O:

Show me the post where she used "killing"
Here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Matheusmartin: 11:01am On Mar 28
BigIyanga:

Nope.. she said ‘ki….ng .. which could be kissing, kidding, etc
Kissing kidding

Are u for real?
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:08am On Mar 28
IamAsiri:

What exactly is wrong in saying something is too sugary if indeed it is too sugary? I personally hate the fact that these companies add sugar to tomato paste for whatever reason. It makes no sense whatsoever.
that's not why she was detained, she said it is killing people, that's what pinned her else she go fight them to the end but saying someone's else product is killing people that's not fair to say without proof.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:12am On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
I pray she gets a good San to back her up. She will come out of it victorious..

I once experienced one during school days.. I was coming from class one hot afternoon.. Trekking from NLT to Poultry road.. I asked for viju milk from one woman in her shop. What saved me was that I opened and checked the lid.. wetin I see my mouth no fit talk.. I showed it to the woman,cux I was still in her shop.. she apologized and gave me another one.. So if I called out that company that day,them go come arrest their papa abi? Na ogun go kill all those supporting evil people in this country..
yes na ogun go kill people supporting evil people but she was wrong saying the product is killing people and I am certain she said it then because I saw the post and she was told to take down the post but she refused. Yes some products have defects but she made a very wrong statement and if she had calmed herself down to have a rethink she won't be in this mess. Why do you think powerful lawyers aren't backing her up, have a rethink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:14am On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
When money is involved SON abd Nafdac will be very happy to tell you that snipper is safe for consumption.. I stopped taking nafdac serious since Late Dora of blessed memory left that agency. I have worked in a company where product expires, they will clean the expiring date on the products and put a new one. I have bought products which hasn't expired ,but the content will be bad. So oga forget noise,I am still not doubting this lady. Many of these companies doesn't care about your health,they are after their money.. The reason why this lady is passing through all these is because she is not as rich as Ericsco..
yes she isn't as rich as erisco but saying ones products is killing people without having credible proof is just like nailing your coffin when you're poor if someone like dj cuppy said this patapata na law suit go follow but she knowing fully well she doesn't have proof and no money to hire lawyers wey stand gidigba for ground what was she thinking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by 123456789O: 11:16am On Mar 28
Matheusmartin:
Here

You go school? Where is "killing"? What if she meant "kidding"? Are you in her mind?

Also, "ki***ing" is 8 character, "killing" is 7. But if we're to go by your logic, then "kidding" too should be just fine. See definition at screenshot below

"Stop kidding (deceiving) people with your product"

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Dshocker(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28
As far as i am concerned, Chioma should be made to face the law

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity / CBN Orders DMBs To Sell FOREX To Customers / Scam Alert (Not From Nairaland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.