Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,118 members, 7,811,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story (27782 Views)

Erisco Foods Limited Is In Your Town (Pictures)!!! / Nigerians React As Oyibo People With Igbo Names Review Erisco Products (Pix) / Oil Prices Soar After Iran Attacks Airbases Housing US Troops In Iraq - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by inoki247: 1:07pm On Mar 28
Myrepublic:
I pray she gets a good San to back her up. She will come out of it victorious..

I once experienced one during school days.. I was coming from class one hot afternoon.. Trekking from NLT to Poultry road.. I asked for viju milk from one woman in her shop. What saved me was that I opened and checked the lid.. wetin I see my mouth no fit talk.. I showed it to the woman,cux I was still in her shop.. she apologized and gave me another one.. So if I called out that company that day,them go come arrest their papa abi? Na ogun go kill all those supporting evil people in this country..

You don't need to call out the Company online the court is there to do justice....

When my friend had similar issues with 7up he never even open his own before he took them to court and he won no noise anywhere.....

You just have to prove your case that's what erisco is after prove your findings for them through court....

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Obierika(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28
juliuscaesar:
If this was a sane country. This girl will become very very rich form this experience. If what Erisco foods is accusing her of is Defamation, then they have no right to arrest her. Defamation is a civil case, not criminal. You can be sued, not arrested. I hope she sues the owner and the company. If the owners have any international affiliates, they should add them to the lawsuit. That will add pressure to the company.

If it was in a sane country she would be bankrupt by now.

Go and ask the lady who accused Donald Trump's organisation of rigging a beauty pageant some years ago.

Donald Trump sued her and won a payment of $5 million against the loud mouthed fool!

3 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Crafteck1: 1:09pm On Mar 28
Rolings:
Like my Yoruba people will say
"Gambari pa Fulani, ko Kan aye"
Chioma cancelling Eric Umuofia company....it's a family affair

It hurts that all you see is tribe, im from your assumed teibe but it shall not be well we people who choose tribe over humanity
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Editorialtimes: 1:11pm On Mar 28
Asonaijaaso:
[b]When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

Nigeria is even taking her to court, no one is killing anyone.

Dont let the western media scatter Nigeria, these guys are more corrupt than we are,

Nigeria should learn a lesson from this, set up a NAFDAC and Consumer protection Bureau to handle claims.

We need businesses and sometimes people are mischievous, it could have been Erisco's competition setting him up. Erisco spent billions to set up a tomato processing plant probably also took on big loans. There are people whose rent, school fees, livelihood depend on Erisco. So for one person to defame/slander their business overnight is not good either. For those who do business, we all know there is a period you are very fragile while building your brand.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss od revenue to Erisco.

Both parties deserve fair treatment.[/b]

Your view on this is not refined.

You can't be a god and destroy people because of a review.

It is like being an agbero. Change that mentality.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Ashawokobokobo: 1:13pm On Mar 28
Oche211:
Erisco foods messed up big time.

They had two options at the beginning of the saga and none involved the police.

1. Just keep quiet and allow her review go down quietly without saying anything or doing anything.

2. Reach out to her immediately. Offer to carry out an investigation. Invite her over for a facility or factory tour and even ask her to meet the CEO.
During the joking moments, let the CEO offer to give her some paste and ask if she can cook with it for everyone and let all management team eat the food together with her. She will gladly accept that offer.

Get some camera and capture the whole moment. Make sure it gets to the network news and let everyone watch the moment she does the cooking and the CEO as well as other management staff eating with her on a dinning table. Just a few carton of tomatoes paste as souvenir, an Uber money to take her home and watch her change her review sharp sharp.

Get a good PR team to spin the whole saga as a strong marketing tool.

Like I said, they messed up a good opportunity to scale up on marketing.

Oil dey your head

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by finallybusy: 1:13pm On Mar 28
r/nottheonion is a reference? Seun should stick to the only things he knows; banning members and trolling for clicks. Being a content creator is not for him.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by djon78(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28
Rolings:

If hating on your fellow humans makes your unique then you should take however the rest of the world describe you.....its what makes you unique.
Is that also why you regard some of your citizens as slaves ? The same uniqueness made you regard Ebonyi people as less humans abi
Mr Unique is that also why your people sell fake and substandard spare parts as new?... Manufacture fake drugs brazenly and those of you that can't compete do rituals ?.... You are really unique.

Its that uniqueness that made your region so underdeveloped that you have to live in the south west to know the meaning of development

UNIQUE IGBOMAN...... continue

At the bolded

Una go just dey talk lie and cheap propaganda

Which part of South West is more developed than South East

Even Lagos no reach

Other South West states are far cry from Development

Also more Igbos live in the East
More live in the North and are doing well than those in the South West

Don't come online and be writing falsehood, lies and cheap propaganda
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Ashawokobokobo: 1:14pm On Mar 28
HenryTimes:

The best option is the first one. The second one is a no go area, do the second option and watch Nigerians messed up big companies in the name of review.
Sense dey here
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Onyi22(f): 1:16pm On Mar 28
Abeg make Una explain watin them mean, I no sabi English grin
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Sweetvie: 1:40pm On Mar 28
The man no try sha
I even think say dem don settled the matter undecided
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by SonofElElyonRet: 1:41pm On Mar 28
Oche211:
Erisco foods messed up big time.

They had two options at the beginning of the saga and none involved the police.

1. Just keep quiet and allow her review go down quietly without saying anything or doing anything.

2. Reach out to her immediately. Offer to carry out an investigation. Invite her over for a facility or factory tour and even ask her to meet the CEO.
During the joking moments, let the CEO offer to give her some paste and ask if she can cook with it for everyone and let all management team eat the food together with her. She will gladly accept that offer.

Get some camera and capture the whole moment. Make sure it gets to the network news and let everyone watch the moment she does the cooking and the CEO as well as other management staff eating with her on a dinning table. Just a few carton of tomatoes paste as souvenir, an Uber money to take her home and watch her change her review sharp sharp.

Get a good PR team to spin the whole saga as a strong marketing tool.

Like I said, they messed up a good opportunity to scale up on marketing.

She responded to a comment by someone to her post in which she said the owner of erisco was killing people with his product.... wild unsubstantiated allegation
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Kingbuhari(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28
Fulani will kill Yorubas in their number.. on their own land... When you come to nairaland to read their comments you will be disappointed but once it's Igbo Vs Igbo or ipob killing people in south east, you will see them everywhere commenting.. you can't hate people wey big pass you . Nah old glory and jealousy dey kill unah.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by emonis88: 1:55pm On Mar 28
papyjaypaul:

You guys make NL boring with your childish pranks. Every damn thing is tribal to you. The FCCPC Chair who came out to defend Chioma and was replaced was not Yoruba? I believe many of you are jobless that's why your best job is to continue the divide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Nw5XAfRoc
Even the principal for Nairaland is tribalistic. That y tribalism thrives here.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by dawno2008(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28
kingthreat:

Stop playing down the scenario.
SHE SAID ERISCO SHOULD STOP "KILLING PEOPLE" WITH HIS PRODUCT.

How are sure you're not paid by the company for damage control 😕
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Fkmodhi: 1:58pm On Mar 28
Chioma should face the music at least she said they shud take her to court now they are in court.
You’ll have to prove how the paste is killing people nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28
SavageResponse:

If you have ever built up a business from scratch you would not have written this rubbish!
you are the nitwit that's biased you can check me up on nairaland from when I started and I am saying the truth. How would you feel when someone says your products is killing people but moronic twats like you are emotionally biased trying to ruin erisco because of what he did and you think you can attack me.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Fkmodhi: 2:00pm On Mar 28
All these useless people supporting her if someone label them a ritualist, scammer or fraudster them go dey wail ni oo
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by MissSlimbody(f): 2:02pm On Mar 28
Rolings:
Like my Yoruba people will say
"Gambari pa Fulani, ko Kan aye"
Chioma cancelling Eric Umuofia company....it's a family affair

Post Edited.

Never mind
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by papyjaypaul: 2:04pm On Mar 28
A big rule in business is never go to the ring with someone who has nothing to lose.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by talk2hb1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 28
heniford2:
Erisco will win in court that lady will seek out of court, Erisco is not dumb there is nothing like bad publicity in all this before now do u know Erisco 🤷🏿‍♂️ now ur aware of it his during serious more advertising the media hypocrisy will fade out soon but this said lady will still be in prison till then....thats how it will play out.!! She will do a media publishing that Erisco product are good in all newspaper and influence will care it out.
This will make me flee from anything Erisco
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Miyachi: 2:10pm On Mar 28
kingthreat:
Pregnant or not. Woman should face the music. Law is the law.
If the video she made was that the tomato sauce was too sugary, that would have been better. But this woman said Erisco tomato sauce is killing people. That is way of slanderous. That shows a woman paid by competitors to demarket a product of a company that is employing hundreds of Nigerians. She should face the music. These influencers must have sense.

Don't be unfortunate.

If you had followed the case properly you would have known that what the lady said was that the paste was too sugary. She made a facebook post sharing that opinion. But in the characteristic way of the criminal Nigerian police force, they were able to carry out the vendetta of that rich halfwit by attributing other posts that she didn't create to her.

His obstinate determination to kill this woman will be his undoing.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by maureensylvia(f): 2:11pm On Mar 28
123456789O:

She didn't use "killing".. Those saying she did are speculating. "Ki***ing" is not same as "killing" . Erisco would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that what Chioma meant was "killing".

No one is a kid nor dumb here
She did so cos Facebook censors those words

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Oche211(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28
SonofElElyonRet:

She responded to a comment by someone to her post in which she said the owner of erisco was killing people with his product.... wild unsubstantiated allegation

Erisco cannot prove in court that "ki***ing" is same as "killing".

Erisco has no substantial case unless he is really on our kangaroo justice system
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Oche211(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28
vowiski:

You that can’t even stand someone telling you, you have body odor .

Abeg go sleep

Seems someone is speaking from experience.

Ensure to take your bath twice daily and follow proper hygiene routine.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by TrustedLawyer: 2:19pm On Mar 28
If Chioma believes in what she said about the product, let her defend herself. Erisco is not intimidating her in any way.

The owner of Erisco is very rich and doesn't give a damn about the media nonsense.

For those who do not know, Erisco tomato is one of the best selling tomatoes in the North and it is still selling. The real consumers are on the street e.g the bukka operators. The social media people just have some exaggerated opinions of themselves. You guys are just a handful of the population.

You don't hold your phone and start typing unconfirmed stories against a multi billion naira business and expect the owner to keep quiet.

Thankfully, court decisions are not based on public opinions or emotion.

Erisco has nothing to lose, I bought their ginger drink just yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by wiseoneking: 2:22pm On Mar 28
Prigidypogodo:

as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje ooo
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje baje
as e dey pain gan gan
e dey sweet me baje baje
gbagili gbagili gbagili

hahahahahaha nice song
Is like you are really ready for those two double face miscreants today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Googledotcom: 2:26pm On Mar 28
There was actually no need holding her for that long. Erisco has proved his point already, he should have let her go a long time, the matter would have subsided already. Now competition will use this opportunity to get him out of market.

There's still time though if Erisco retracts.
One last advice, never take an action when you are angry, Erisco allowed anger to take a better part of him.

I will patronise the product and I believe many Nigerians will as well but he should let the matter slide.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by olatade(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28
Arrogance and pride are two things that can be used in your favour OR in your Destruction. You have to choose wisely which one you want.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Prigidypogodo(f): 2:28pm On Mar 28
Ykc2:
oga people dey tweet from abroad they are not nigeria,who will boycott erisco? What of dangote truck drivers did we boycott dangote cement?indomie nko wetin dey indomie, the eze ndi igbo of ajao estate is still in prison going for one years na naija we dey
oya say
oyooooo
aaaahhhhh
mmmmmmm
hooooooooo
tapum tapum tapum
do you hear the clap of thunder ?
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Scientheosopher(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
he isn't reaping any reward let's be sincere with ourselves I don't support the previous comment up there but if someone says your products killed people. Won't it be logical for her to show proofs of the people it killed, she had ample time to take down such post, her case is similar to that of vdm when you say sumtin endeavour to have proof so you can back up your claims. Now she is saying she is pregnant, I hope the man let go but its getting out of hand now and she herself caused it not erisco because you can lay complain but don't ruin people's business because if its your you won't take it also.
Point of correction: She said "k***ing" [i.e. killing], not killed. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02pvBRTNjyh6Jr6SDC1f9TjiCwTTDEs53V3knTojFcDbHNMgMRRzwKPHpddYM2swCcl&id=100047389249529.

If truly there's too much sugar, that's, the sugar is above the recommended amount, then her words were right. As you know, too much of everything ( or something) is bad.

Here is an article highlighting its dangers https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar#:~:text=Over%20time%2C%20this%20can%20lead,pathological%20pathways%20to%20heart%20disease.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Caleycash(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28
Prigidypogodo:
a lesson to you bigots
over here we don't tolerate shitt because it's my tribe or whatever.
if you fucck up you'll be treated squarely.
Igbos are unique.
nobody dey feed anybody because we dey work hard individually so you don't expect us to start bootlicking the rich among us in whatever they do right or wrong like some certain people.
If you be billionaire na for your pocket nobody cares.
that's the mentality of an average igbo man.
we don't entertain mediocre over here.
The man messed up real big just like an average Nigeria rich man that thinks he can intimidate people using his connections.
unfortunately you can't get away with some things in this digital age.
he's reaping his reward and no sorry for him.
You're right...but he didn't mess up!, no one Will allow another person ruin his business!
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by samuelson06(m): 2:36pm On Mar 28
Prigidypogodo:
a lesson to you bigots
over here we don't tolerate shitt because it's my tribe or whatever.
if you fucck up you'll be treated squarely.
Igbos are unique.
nobody dey feed anybody because we dey work hard individually so you don't expect us to start bootlicking the rich among us in whatever they do right or wrong like some certain people.
If you be billionaire na for your pocket nobody cares.
that's the mentality of an average igbo man.
we don't entertain mediocre over here.
The man messed up real big just like an average Nigeria rich man that thinks he can intimidate people using his connections.
unfortunately you can't get away with some things in this digital age.
he's reaping his reward and no sorry for him.

Loud it. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc / CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity / CBN Orders DMBs To Sell FOREX To Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.