Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story (27874 Views)

Erisco Foods Limited Is In Your Town (Pictures)!!! / Nigerians React As Oyibo People With Igbo Names Review Erisco Products (Pix) / Oil Prices Soar After Iran Attacks Airbases Housing US Troops In Iraq - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by CodeTemplar: 2:37pm On Mar 28
Rolings:
Like my Yoruba people will say
"Gambari pa Fulani, ko Kan aye"
Chioma cancelling Eric Umuofia company....it's a family affair
hell-anus.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by LordBillionz: 2:38pm On Mar 28
Rolings:

If hating on your fellow humans makes your unique then you should take however the rest of the world describe you.....its what makes you unique.
Is that also why you regard some of your citizens as slaves ? The same uniqueness made you regard Ebonyi people as less humans abi
Mr Unique is that also why your people sell fake and substandard spare parts as new?... Manufacture fake drugs brazenly and those of you that can't compete do rituals ?.... You are really unique.

Its that uniqueness that made your region so underdeveloped that you have to live in the south west to know the meaning of development

UNIQUE IGBOMAN...... continue
Shut up. Ebonyi is not hated. And yes, give it the interpretation you want be it hatred or whatever... But we can't hide you or tolerate you if you're evil irrespective of your financial status.
If you like call it hate, if you flop, you will meet what you deserve. Is Obi Cubans hated? Or innoson? But dared them behave like this Erisco of a man and see them cancelled out.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by tollyboy5(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28
Rolings:
Stop tarnishing Yoruba people's image !diot!
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Pepperdemisback: 2:39pm On Mar 28
Why are they hiding the post and fact that this yamry said the product is killing people and the man should stop the killings? She needs to prove the number of person killed. This is a product she even claimed she was buying for the first time.
They even asked her to write an apology, she went back online to start again, that she apologised under duress.
Matter start again, make she show her James Bond.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by nony43(m): 2:40pm On Mar 28
GentryAbi:
But why una mumu never do for Nnamdi Kanu and his simpleton protégé in Finland that asked you to closed your shops every Monday and destroy your villages?

una mumu never do to mortgage your collective political future to a fraudulent divisive crooked character Peter Gringory Obi? Dey play

Mugu and Tinubu is from where? Anuofia
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by nony43(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
you are very biased and note this statement of yours displays sentiment all thru, not everyone in a particular tribe is a tribal bigot but you already displayed you are also because youvsaid bigots not referring to one but almost all if not all. The woman in question made a very big mistake and also erisco himself made a big one I have delivered items to them before but would you take it if someone comes out publicly to say you killed someone which in turn people start spreading rumours about it. it's not done anywhere, you don't say sumtin as such and expect things to just go like that, if the lady had taken down her post when she was told to, it wouldn't have led to this but she was proving stubborn.

What mistake did Erico made?
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Naughtysex: 2:43pm On Mar 28
Tjra:

They really hate themselves not just outsiders.
If this is what you call hating ourselves, then i now understand why you guys are always slæves to your rich men.

Its a mental problem.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by nony43(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28
Oche211:
Erisco foods messed up big time.

They had two options at the beginning of the saga and none involved the police.

1. Just keep quiet and allow her review go down quietly without saying anything or doing anything.

2. Reach out to her immediately. Offer to carry out an investigation. Invite her over for a facility or factory tour and even ask her to meet the CEO.
During the joking moments, let the CEO offer to give her some paste and ask if she can cook with it for everyone and let all management team eat the food together with her. She will gladly accept that offer.

Get some camera and capture the whole moment. Make sure it gets to the network news and let everyone watch the moment she does the cooking and the CEO as well as other management staff eating with her on a dinning table. Just a few carton of tomatoes paste as souvenir, an Uber money to take her home and watch her change her review sharp sharp.

Get a good PR team to spin the whole saga as a strong marketing tool.

Like I said, they messed up a good opportunity to scale up on marketing.

They reached out to her but she didn’t respond.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28
nony43:

What mistake did Erico made?
when he was asked about how they can come to a resolution, he said there is nothing to settle anymore because the time for settlement has passed that its either she pays for damages which is 7 billion naira I am hope I am right about the figure or she spends 7 years in prison that there are so many pregnant women and mothers in prison so why shld hers be different. To me, I feel that statement seems harsh though not very harsh but it's as if he has made up his mind that the woman must suffer for her misdeed though I really understand his pain because his representative tried settling the matter with woman at first but she was adamant but now his own stubbornness self don pass the woman own con get 💰 & connects backing him up.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by nony43(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
when he was asked about how they can come to a resolution, he said there is nothing to settle anymore because the time for settlement has passed that its either she pays for damages which is 7 billion naira I am hope I am right about the figure or she spends 7 years in prison that there are so many pregnant women and mothers in prison so why shld hers be different. To me, I feel that statement seems harsh though not very harsh but it's as if he has made up his mind that the woman must suffer for her misdeed though I really understand his pain because his representative tried settling the matter with woman at first but she was adamant but now his own stubbornness self don pass the woman own con get 💰 & connects backing him up.

For me Erisco should get a good PR team

Then the lady should explain how his tomatoes killed people.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by JooEeL(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28
Rolings:

Ure shallow. Stop associating d gallant Yoruba tribe with ur shallowness
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by 123456789O: 2:56pm On Mar 28
maureensylvia:

No one is a kid nor dumb here
She did so cos Facebook censors those words

Facebook doesn't censor "killing". Also, "ki***ing" is eight character long, not 7... "killing" is 7..
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28
nony43:

For me Erisco should get a good PR team

Then the lady should explain how his tomatoes killed people.
I have supplied them food chemicals before and that's the only time I did. I supplied 20 cartons of pottasium sorbate to their company at oregun axis in ikeja. I really like the way they handled things & thankfully the next day I got alert for the items I supplied, I made good money then but after then I no see business do with them, at times I go just pass say make I greet them so make them still know say person dey hunger dey oooooooo 😪
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Dennisochampa: 2:58pm On Mar 28
maestroferddi:
You have a brain but you are not making good use of it, why na?

If the illiterate Chief Umeofia did not elect to throw his weight around by trying to use the Nigerian system to intimidate the lady, I am very sure the issue would not have been noticed....

Are people not writing negative reviews about goods and products all the place? Has that made the companies to go down?

But a man thinks that because he has money, he can do as he wishes....so he decides to shoot himself in the leg by starting a fight he is condemned to lose and here you ignorantly are, blaming a consumer for airing basic free speech...

People like you are the reason why Africa looks doomed...
Kiddo, there is a difference between a review and an allegation.... She alleged that the product is "killing" people....
This is no longer a review but an allegation and an accusation of murder!!!

It's OK to say a product is fake or is substandard but to allege that the product is "killing" people takes the game to a whole new level....
I repeat, I don't like the man but if she wants to get out of this.... She should provide evidence of the people the product have killed!!! It's as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by UnabashedIPOB: 2:59pm On Mar 28
NLCreator:
CNN

This is what's wrong with the useless and failed Liegeria. The so-called uber-rich use the law to threaten and intimidate the poor masses. In any civilized society, defamation is NEVER a criminal case but rather civil. If this guy sincerely believed that the reputation of his company was put in a bad light, all he needed to do was to bring a civil suit against the lady. And it's left for the Court to decide if her Facebook postings were libelous. It's so sad that those who are supposed to uphold the law are the ones who flaunt it.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Lamasta(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28
Asonaijaaso:
When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

Nigeria is even taking her to court, no one is killing anyone.

Dont let the western media scatter Nigeria, these guys are more corrupt than we are,

Nigeria should learn a lesson from this, set up a NAFDAC and Consumer protection Bureau to handle claims.

We need businesses and sometimes people are mischievous, it could have been Erisco's competition setting him up. Erisco spent billions to set up a tomato processing plant probably also took on big loans. There are people whose rent, school fees, livelihood depend on Erisco. So for one person to defame/slander their business overnight is not good either. For those who do business, we all know there is a period you are very fragile while building your brand.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss od revenue to Erisco.

Both parties deserve fair treatment.[/b]

What if the bolded is what Erisco is doing why the uproar
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Prettychild(f): 3:01pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
he isn't reaping any reward let's be sincere with ourselves I don't support the previous comment up there but if someone says your products killed people. Won't it be logical for her to show proofs of the people it killed, she had ample time to take down such post, her case is similar to that of vdm when you say sumtin endeavour to have proof so you can back up your claims. Now she is saying she is pregnant, I hope the man let go but its getting out of hand now and she herself caused it not erisco because you can lay complain but don't ruin people's business because if its your you won't take it also.
Exactly. A lot of our young people like to form ‘woke’, you need to have facts and not just talk anyhow because you have data. She even replied someone’s comment that of bringing down Erisco company. That’s malicious and not an honest review

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by kkins25(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28
Judolisco:
did u see what she wrote... Open a pure water factory first and let someone write dat your water is killing people and see how it feels....
This is a ridiculous take. Every product manufacturer faces these kinds of accusations. There've been claims that Apple device kill people because it can cause cancer, steal data, and so on.

It's left for the manufacturer to dispel the accusations by providing credible evidence that dispels such claims. Or, drag the individual who made the accusations to court where they will be charged to pay the manufacturer hefty compensations for irresponsible claims. Finish!

What Erico did was hire police thugs to pana-beat Chioma even though all they had to do was take her to court. They also had the capacity to sue Chioma, but instead, acted like a drug dealer--- boycotting the rule of law.

This is nothing simple other than the typical rich man bullying a poor man. And anyone who thinks Chioma deserves what she is getting is no different than the scums in politics y'all rant about daily.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Dennisochampa: 3:03pm On Mar 28
[quote author=Beremx post=129149675][/quote]

U forgot to show me the part where Erisco foods mentioned people's names or names of brands and manufacturers!

This lady specifically said that the tomato paste manufactured by Erisco is killing people
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by kkins25(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28
Prettychild:

Exactly. A lot of our young people like to form ‘woke’, you need to have facts and not just talk anyhow because you have data. She even replied someone’s comment that of bringing down Erisco company. That’s malicious and not an honest review

So, employ police officers to unlawfully arrest the person? Dama, we talk am. The leaders Nigeria churns out is a direct reflection of you people... haha
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by GodHimself: 3:19pm On Mar 28
This is here, is uncommon sense.

The pack mentality of Nigerians online is alarming.

Little to no critical thinking skills, just joyfully piling behind any popular movement.

Asonaijaaso:
[b]When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

Dont let the western media scatter Nigeria, these guys are more corrupt than we are,

Nigeria should learn a lesson from this, set up a NAFDAC and Consumer protection Bureau to handle claims.

We need businesses and sometimes people are mischievous, it could have been Erisco's competition setting him up. Erisco spent billions to set up a tomato processing plant probably also took on big loans. There are people whose rent, school fees, livelihood depend on Erisco. So for one person to defame/slander their business overnight is not good either. For those who do business, we all know there is a period you are very fragile while building your brand.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss od revenue to Erisco.

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Prettychild(f): 3:22pm On Mar 28
kkins25:

So, employ police officers to unlawfully arrest the person? Dama, we talk am. The leaders Nigeria churns out is a direct reflection of you people... haha
Which one is unlawfully arrest, she was arrested for criminal defamation and cyber bullying, and not charged for a tortious act. It’s either she is granted administrative bail or granted court bail. Administrative bail is strictly the Police that has powers to do so. They might decide to give difficult conditions so it’s left for the suspect to negotiate his/her way out. Let’s keep emotions aside, she had the chance to retract her statement but she refused cos some people were ‘gingering’ her. The people pushing her have left her to face her music. Her lawyer should just push for her matter to be charged to court so that he/she can secure bail for her
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by TruthsFM: 3:33pm On Mar 28
Why arresting the innocent lady in the first place..
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by IamAsiri: 3:45pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
that's not why she was detained, she said it is killing people, that's what pinned her else she go fight them to the end but saying someone's else product is killing people that's not fair to say without proof.

It's indeed wrong if she truly said that, unless she linked the much sugar to diabetes though, then she has no fault.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by qtx(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28
Rolings:

If hating on your fellow humans makes your unique then you should take however the rest of the world describe you.....its what makes you unique.
Is that also why you regard some of your citizens as slaves ? The same uniqueness made you regard Ebonyi people as less humans abi
Mr Unique is that also why your people sell fake and substandard spare parts as new?... Manufacture fake drugs brazenly and those of you that can't compete do rituals ?.... You are really unique.

Its that uniqueness that made your region so underdeveloped that you have to live in the south west to know the meaning of development

UNIQUE IGBOMAN...... continue
Look, that man up there already made some sense. Do you know why Nigeria is the way it is? Tri.balism. Bc it is my broda i dont see anything wrong with what he is doing. Noooo. We need to change for Nigeria to be better, we must call a spade a spade so everyone will sit up. Dont worship anyone bc he is ricjh or comes from your trybe.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by Wilpraise55: 3:54pm On Mar 28
Barrister Iniebehe Effiong is a big name.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by ChiefOkporghe: 3:55pm On Mar 28
Asonaijaaso:
[b]When the Boeing worker went online to blow whistle that 737 Max was a death trap. He was found dead the next day.

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss of revenue to Erisco.

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by okoroemeka(m): 4:08pm On Mar 28
BigIyanga:
This Erisco CEO no get street sense and EQ
I wonder how he built such empire if he is a stupid man without good sense,most of you supporting this mischievous woman can not even manage one Keke napep,this man reputation and good name he has built for many years is at stake,he has the right to protect it,the man is even a civil gentleman,if I am managing such company and I see such slander,you will have an accident the next week.

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by psucc(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28
Erisco shots himself on the foot. This matter is simple and would have afforded him the opportunity to build his business rather than scatter it.

Chioma said in the review that the tomato paste is sugary.
Chief Eric on the other hand, on the product label stated that one of the ingredients is sugar.

And whatever contains sugar must test sweeter. So why's Chief Umeofia now annoyed that someone said the product is sugary.

What's the nutritional value of sugar in a tomato paste?

Asonaijaaso:

The case should be settled, Chioma should be made to prove her allegations, if she cant she should be charged for slander and loss of revenue to Erisco.

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by toluxe0075: 4:12pm On Mar 28
Oche211:

Honestly, if Erisco had kept quiet and not do a thing, no matter the noise around the review, it would had fizzled out within 3 days.

Majority of us wouldn't have known or heard anything about her review.
The funny thing is many people who commented on her post did not agree with her views on the product. Erisco brought unnecessary attention to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by toluxe0075: 4:16pm On Mar 28
Beremx:
Erisco are hypocrites. Below is what they said.
Abi o.
Re: Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story by nony43(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28
oladipuposadeeq:
I have supplied them food chemicals before and that's the only time I did. I supplied 20 cartons of pottasium sorbate to their company at oregun axis in ikeja. I really like the way they handled things & thankfully the next day I got alert for the items I supplied, I made good money then but after then I no see business do with them, at times I go just pass say make I greet them so make them still know say person dey hunger dey oooooooo 😪

🤣🤣 sorry bro. Maybe someone has taken your place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Uber May Just Have Presented Nigerian Banks With A Sweet Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.