Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34422 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Villa12(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28
Mumibaby:
As a student, I earn less than that, and I live in the Northern England, but I still send more than 200k to my parents which I can not afford when I was in Nigeria, living comfortable here.
i guess you are limited to work to a certain number of hours as a student? Was that the reason you earn less than £2k per month?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Londerry: 12:43pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.

You pay your maid 4k per month and you are proud to come to public space to say it? Possibly your slave. I’m sure transport fare in your area should be around 50-100 naira then.

That aside I think the problem with ONYEMA and other rich people is that they have lost touch with realities of the country and feelings of the common man. All they do is to sleep, eat, attend meetings, meet like people and grow their business.
So he doesn’t even know anything about cost of hiring maids, drivers and support staff or cost of food items in the market. Don’t blame him

3 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by humility33(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28
Goodplace:
Keep mute...what the Man said is true

There is no truth in it bro

I fuel my gen
I pay for transport
Pay kids school fees
Feed my family
Pay house rent
Treat medical emergencies etc

All with 200k salary

And in the UK

You don't have to fuel gen
Schools are free except for university
Free Medicals Nhis

Transportation and feeding not that expensive
Only house rent

Someone earning minimum wage abroad is sure if at least a better life than someone earning 500k in Lagos and abuja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 12:44pm On Mar 28
NPFLADMIN:
Since I never leave 9ja before, I have nothing to say.

But sir, the question is, How many people earn 200k monthly?
.u hitted the nail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by humility33(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28
Londerry:

You pay your maid 4k per month and you are proud to come to public space to say it? Possibly your slave. I’m sure transport fare in your area should be around 50-100 naira then.

That aside I think the problem with ONYEMA and other rich people is that they have lost touch with realities of the country and feelings of the common man. All they do is to sleep, eat, attend meetings, meet like people and grow their business.
So he doesn’t even know anything about cost of hiring maids, drivers and support staff or cost of food items in the market. Don’t blame him

The man have been talking too much lately
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jewessgratitud3: 12:50pm On Mar 28
Kingrshd3:

My question is u can't be earning 200komthly and be living in a smelling slum ..

People earning less than 50k are those role living in there u are talking Abt

You'll be shocked

I don't think you live in Lagos. Come to Yaba with your 200 k salary whether you'll see house rent for common unilag road or even akoka.

Many lekki and ikoyi big boys are now moving down to Yaba cos lekki rent is now something else so with your 200k or more nothing for you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by shurlermoz(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:

Read the personal experience below. There's a reason the price is that low. 'good areas' do t have these kinda descriptions.

You don shift am go security matter, anyways no mater how bad e still better pass Naija.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28
helinues:

But he his saying the truth now.
What truth?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 12:55pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:

If you answered the question honestly, there'd be no need for this your writeup. In Nigeria today, there are people whose salary are 200000 or less who own a car.
I just gave u a calculation to see if it was possible and from my calculation it isn't possible to own a car if u are earning only 200k. Prove me wrong that someone who earns 2.4m per annum can buy a tokunbo car of around 5m in 3years of earning that same amount.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:
Very true

Our people always console themselves by converting their earnings Naira. Otherwise, it's chicken change.
Yeah, they are guilty of that. But 2000 pounds a month in UK will do much in UK than 200k a month in Nigeria at the moment.

Let's talk about how much rice, milk, tea and chicken we can get by spending 2000 pounds in UK and by spending 200k naira in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28
ibawon:
Earning 2k pounds per month in UK is just a little above minimum wage. Nothing special. Rent and utility bills don consume 80%
In the capital London it can do alot

What can 30,000 naira do in the capital of Nigeria (Abuja)? What can it do for a family man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:

Yes. The op didn't say you have to buy the car recently did he? It's you who is adding that. He simply said you can hire a driver from a 200k income and that much is true. There are a lot of hungry people out there who will gladly take the job for 20k. Is it a fair salary? No. But will they take it? Yes. This much is what this thread is about. Can a maid be engaged from an income of 200k? Yes. If you made an offer as a young man who works Monday to Saturday that a maid should come clean your house on Sundays cook and leave and you'd pay her 15k monthly, you'd definitely find someone who will gratefully take the offer. Is it a lot of money in this economy for the maid? No. But will the offer bw taken? Yes. In the present Nigeria, people work for as little as that even for worse conditions.

How much does a person employed in a pos shop get paid? Many teachers in small private schools don't take home 20k. Many factory workers take home 25k or less with hard Labor. Many secretaries of really small offices earn 15k or less.

Do you really think it is impossible to find someone who will cook and clean 4 times a month for 15k? Or someone who will drive for 20k?
I don't understand how u guys support rubbish, so even if u have a car already and u earn only 200k u will employ driver abi? So minus the 20k u mentioned from the 200k. How much is left? Then minus petrol cost from the balance abi is it water u guys want to use to drive the car around. If u are going to be taking ur car out regularly in a month, no matter how fuel saving the car is, u will still require nothing less than 60k fuel for the entire month. Now add feeding and accomodation cost and other expenses like data, mechanic. It just isnt possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28
humility33:

The man is lousy and a wicked soul

I know some peeps in the UK and US not earning beyond 2000k but doing so well at least they are sure of better life for themselves and kids, go on vacation and still save to build house here in Nigeria
True

Very wicked

He is perfectly mirroring the cruel and evil mindset of our government/politicians at various levels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available

See a silly argument!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Average9jaman: 1:10pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:

So your grudge is with our currency. Not with his submission. Fair enough.

But his submission IS a comparison of both currencies
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by martolux(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28
Stop being myopic... Is rice the only commodity that is needed in a home. I made a general comment on high inflation rate and listed two of the commodities that people commonly talk about.
Ijaya123:

Do you buy a bag of rice every month? And can you also mention one country that sells fuel at the equivalent of N150 per litre anywhere in the world.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 1:11pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:

Yes. The op didn't say you have to buy the car recently did he? It's you who is adding that. He simply said you can hire a driver from a 200k income and that much is true. There are a lot of hungry people out there who will gladly take the job for 20k. Is it a fair salary? No. But will they take it? Yes. This much is what this thread is about. Can a maid be engaged from an income of 200k? Yes. If you made an offer as a young man who works Monday to Saturday that a maid should come clean your house on Sundays cook and leave and you'd pay her 15k monthly, you'd definitely find someone who will gratefully take the offer. Is it a lot of money in this economy for the maid? No. But will the offer bw taken? Yes. In the present Nigeria, people work for as little as that even for worse conditions.

How much does a person employed in a pos shop get paid? Many teachers in small private schools don't take home 20k. Many factory workers take home 25k or less with hard Labor. Many secretaries of really small offices earn 15k or less.

Do you really think it is impossible to find someone who will cook and clean 4 times a month for 15k? Or someone who will drive for 20k?

After you deduct all these 20k, 15k, petrol cost and all that, how much exactly will you have left for your own upkeep for a month out of 200k? Stop justifying rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by obi4eze(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28
This is a very big lie. I was earning more than 200k in Nigeria before I migrated to UK. My salary now is more than £2k and life in the UK is much more better than even if I was earning 500k in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by komzy589(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If youre talking in terms of food, it's cheaper over there though maybe our Nigerian foods are on the high side but you'll still be able to afford it.

It's only the rent I know it's expensive and their taxes but if you cut your coat according to your cloth, you'll live fine. Avoid those their big apartments and you'll have enough change to roll by and still save something.

Life na management until you can Stand on your feet.

In all I still prefer the environment there this una place don dey smell too much.
Do you know how much they pay for their constant electricity?
My cousins monthly electricity bill is £128 in the UK. That’s more than enough to run my gen for a whole month.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jewessgratitud3: 1:18pm On Mar 28
komzy589:

My cousins monthly electricity bill is £128 in the UK. That’s more than enough to run my gen for a whole month.

She's making the money and is sure of getting value for her money.

In Nigeria, do you get the light you pay for? They won't supply electricity and still bring crazy bills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28
komzy589:

it isn't there fault that their currency is higher than our own. When we are comparing salaries people will tell u not to do the naira equivalent, but now u are doing the naira equivalent to compare light and fuel price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Bananapill: 1:22pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If youre talking in terms of food, it's cheaper over there though maybe our Nigerian foods are on the high side but you'll still be able to afford it.

It's only the rent I know it's expensive and their taxes but if you cut your coat according to your cloth, you'll live fine. Avoid those their big apartments and you'll have enough change to roll by and still save something.

Life na management until you can Stand on your feet.

In all I still prefer the environment there this una place don dey smell too much.

Don't mind people saying these things. If I'm earning 2000 pounds, will I spend 1500 a month?
I know of someone in UK telling me I should not mind those people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by komzy589(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:

She's making the money and is sure of getting value for her money.

In Nigeria, do you get the light you pay for? They won't supply electricity and still bring crazy bills
What value? Stay in the topic, please.
It says 200k in Naija is better than £2000 in Uk.

Uk EXPENSES (Monthly)
House Rent (Studio apartment)-£1,200
Electricity, water, gas, sewage- £300
Others-£50

NAIJA EXPENSES (Monthly)
House Rent- N20K (Self-contain)
Light bill-N5k
No others🧐

The man is absolutely right about that statement.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tochez24(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28
helinues:

Which truth?

With 200k in monthly in Nigeria, do you have
1. Electricity? No
2. Water? No
3 Good road network or cheap transport? No
4. Security? No
5. Cheap foods? No

You pay for all these things without seeing or using them and even buy food in this inflated economy... When last did you buy food stuffs in the market? Abi you no dey chop ni😁

There's no way someone with 200k in Nigeria will be better than someone with 2k pounds in UK, take it or leave it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jewessgratitud3: 1:37pm On Mar 28
Bananapill:

Don't mind people saying these things. If I'm earning 2000 pounds, will I spend 1500 a month?
I know of someone in UK telling me I should not mind those people.

Don't mind him. He wants to go and be living rich man life in a country where no body send your wealth. Where you pay for services and labor according to their minimum wage and standard and not like here where they ll be underpaying and cheating staffs. If you can't afford their services then do the the job yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by komzy589(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28
tochez24:

Which truth?

With 200k in monthly in Nigeria, do you have
1. Electricity? No
2. Water? No
3 Good road network or cheap transport? No
4. Security? No
5. Cheap foods? No

You pay for all these things without seeing or using them and even buy food in this inflated economy... When last did you buy food stuffs in the market? Abi you no dey chop ni😁

There's no way someone with 200k in Nigeria will be better than someone with 2k pounds in UK, take it or leave it
You pay for what?😆😆
Constant electricity is not cheap o.
You pay like 5k or less every month for electricity and you’re complaining.
Let’s not go too far, if you have someone in Ghana, ask them how much they pay monthly for electricity.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by maasoap(m): 1:41pm On Mar 28
PepeXKermit:
If you never travel out before, you will be against this saying but na facts

What fact? Do you have to travel out before you can compare living costs in this age of global village?
A bag of rice in Nigeria at the moment is 75k naira. 200k will get you less than 3 bags.
A bag of rice in UK is about 96 pounds, 2000 pounds will get you 20 bags. Una dey well so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingrshd3: 1:44pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:

You'll be shocked

I don't think you live in Lagos. Come to Yaba eitht,200 k salary whether you see house rent for common unilag road or even akoka.

Many lekki and ikoyi big boys are now moving down to Yaba cos lekki rent is now something else so with your 200k or more nothing for you

Oga i live in ogudu and my rent is not more than 600k annually and my salary na 120k ..

So what am saying is that with 200k u will still fit in to live around those places u are talking about and not slum smelling environment like Ijora or Jakande getto in LEKKI area
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by PepeXKermit: 1:47pm On Mar 28
maasoap:

What fact? Do you have to travel out before you can compare living costs in this age of global village?
A bag of rice in Nigeria at the moment is 75k naira. 200k will get you less than 3 bags.
A bag of rice in UK is about 96 pounds, 2000 pounds will get you 20 bags. Una dey well so?

Na u wey never go Uk no dey ok. This your beer parlor economics go work for your own republic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jewessgratitud3: 1:48pm On Mar 28
komzy589:

What value? Stay in the topic, please.
It says 200k in Naija is better than £2000 in Uk.

Uk EXPENSES (Monthly)
House Rent (Studio apartment)-£1,200
Electricity, water, gas, sewage- £300
Others-£50

NAIJA EXPENSES (Monthly)
House Rent- N20K (Self-contain)
Light bill-N5k
No others🧐

The man is absolutely right about that statement.

It's you who needs to be realistic
Must you go for such expensive apartment then in Nigeria you're picking a 20k monthly apartment what kind of comparison is that? You should have picked a 120k monthly apartment since you went for 1200 pounds abroad.

By the way, where will you get a 20k self-contain apartment? Maybe you don't live in Lagos.

Now when I say youll get value for your money, I meant you get the light you paid for.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingbuhari(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28
Confusionist
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Kingbuhari(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28
helinues:

which truth is he saying...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

The 15 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa 2016 — IMF / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.