Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema (34474 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by emmabest2000(m): 1:57pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
Things are a bit cheaper in Nigeria because Nigeria has so much raw materials. If Nigeria imports raw materials like the UK does, things will be cheaper in the UK. Check the prices of Chinese products in the UK and the prices of the same products in Nigeria. Use a smart phone for instance.

For your info ....
Chinese has standards in almost every products they produced
African standard
American standard
European standard
Asian standard
All are the same products but different and different prices too
And las las they are all made in China .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tochez24(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28
komzy589:

You pay for what?😆😆
Constant electricity is not cheap o.
You pay like 5k or less every month for electricity and you’re complaining.
Let’s not go too far, if you have someone in Ghana, ask them how much they pay monthly for electricity.

I don't know ghana much even though i had gone there but didn't spend much time there, i have been to south Africa and i have stayed for long time there before leaving for the gulf country.

i can tell you they don't pay much for electricity, even some no dey pay at all sef😁

Yet they have constant electricity abi??

Over here we have steady power but you still pay according to wetin you use nah?? Abi?

So there's nothing connecting steady power with high power bill unless you dey do give away with your light nah...
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by immortalcrown(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28
emmabest2000:
For your info ....
Chinese has standards in almost every products they produced
African standard
American standard
European standard
Asian standard
With different prices and all are made in China .
I know. That is why I said, "the same products".
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by cunny88(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:

It's you who needs to be realistic
Must you go for such expensive apartment then in Nigeria you're picking a 20k monthly apartment what kind of comparison is that? You should have picked a 120k monthly apartment since you went for 1200 pounds abroad.

By the way, where will you get a 20k self-contain apartment? Maybe you don't live in Lagos.

Now when I say youll get value for your money, I meant you get the light you paid for.

In UK rent is paid monthly hence 20k is 240k annually here
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:00pm On Mar 28
maasoap:

After you deduct all these 20k, 15k, petrol cost and all that, how much exactly will you have left for your own upkeep for a month out of 200k? Stop justifying rubbish

K
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28
Average9jaman:

But his submission IS a comparison of both currencies
you talk something, I agree with you, you still want argue with my agreement again?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28
tuzle:
I don't understand how u guys support rubbish, so even if u have a car already and u earn only 200k u will employ driver abi? So minus the 20k u mentioned from the 200k. How much is left? Then minus petrol cost from the balance abi is it water u guys want to use to drive the car around. If u are going to be taking ur car out regularly in a month, no matter how fuel saving the car is, u will still require nothing less than 60k fuel for the entire month. Now add feeding and accomodation cost and other expenses like data, mechanic. It just isnt possible.

K
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by nobaga: 2:06pm On Mar 28
No wonder politicians loot you blind so that they can spend in a month abroad what they launder in a year or more in Nigeria.

Nigerians must realize that even with a minimum wage of #15 dollars or pounds per hour that is about #30k a year.

It is about 30 million naira in Nigeria! Wow, a millionaire!

But wait o. If you spend 24 million naira on rent with or without electricity. Please tell us what you can do in a year with 6 million naira in UK or the States?

Maybe you think those who are making a minimum wage of 30 million naira a year abroad and crying are stupid.

You must learn by tulasi. All of you want to make minimum wage as naira millionaires abroad and live in Nigeria. Including your professionals that never pay back student loans.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Dijita: 2:06pm On Mar 28
dejabou10:
For him to think 200k can afford a maid and a driver speaks a lot about the mindset of these rich people. 200k NA money for Nigeria? You can only say it's money when you've only started earning it or you don't have a family.

This is their mindset when they are paying people working for them. The burden is now passed to relatives working abroad making the derided 2000 pounds to subsidised employees they are paying peanut

3 Likes

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by mamawa123: 2:10pm On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available

You can pay £1000 for accommodation for 2 bedroom apartment for you and your family, and still leave decently with the remaining balance of £1000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Ijaya123: 2:14pm On Mar 28
Coldie:

Una go just dae lie to Una selves. The only place 200k can be enough for you in this Nigeria is except u live in a village.

Apart from the inflation there’s so many things that will take that 200k away from you, u would buy fuel, electricity bill right now in Nigeria is high, you would pay for vigilante in ur area, sometimes if ur road is bad you have to contribute money to fix it, you would also pay for transformer if its bad, small police problem you would pay, in Nigerian standards except you live in a village in the north 200k is nothing.

2000 pounds in the uk is a good pay and the average minimum wage. That can do alot for you. It’s only quite little in London cause London is the most expensive city. Living with 2000 in London is far better than living with 200k in somewhere like lekki

Allen Onyema must be ignorant or a liar, or both going by your argument.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28
tuzle:
I just gave u a calculation to see if it was possible and from my calculation it isn't possible to own a car if u are earning only 200k. Prove me wrong that someone who earns 2.4m per annum can buy a tokunbo car of around 5m in 3years of earning that same amount.
. This is not the thread about that. This is a thread about employing a driver and a maid not about buying a car. Stay on topic.

Firstly, 2.4 million can buy a car. No be by force to buy tokunbo. You can get a good nigerian used for that price. People dey japa regularly, you can always find a good bargain if you look out properly.
Moreover, right from day 1, most people who bought a car have always had to buy it with more than their annual salary. If you don buy car as a salary earner, you go know. When cars were sold for 4000 naira, the average graduate was earning 200-300 naira. It didn't stop them from buying a car.

Below is a story of a woman who bought her first car in 1981. Obviously, her annual salary could not buy a car.

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28
shurlermoz:

You don shift am go security matter, anyways no mater how bad e still better pass Naija.

Can an are be considered good without security?
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by blackjack21(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28
helinues:
Kinda true.

Things are really cheap in Nigeria even compared to other African countries but the problem is they are not available

How can things be cheap when they are not available?
Did you skip supply and demand in secondary school?

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by cjfavour(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28
U pay somebody 4k per month? Are u not competing with satan on wickedness?
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by clockwisereport: 2:31pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.
You are wicked
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by 004gist: 2:38pm On Mar 28
VeeVeeMyLuv:

400k naira is big man salary in Nigeria

That 2k pound is min average man salary in UK!

What can Nigerian own min average man salary of 30,000 naira do? 😂🤣🤣🤣🤷

Well those earning 30k can't afford the UK.. That's the fact

Since I came here all those around me are well to do men n women back home earning 250 to 400k monthly individually with some earning 700k monthly combine.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by tuzle(m): 2:39pm On Mar 28
Timoleon:
. This is not the thread about that. This is a thread about employing a driver and a maid not about buying a car. Stay on topic.

Firstly, 2.4 million can buy a car. No be by force to buy tokunbo. You can get a good nigerian used for that price. People dey japa regularly, you can always find a good bargain if you look out properly.
Moreover, right from day 1, most people who bought a car have always had to buy it with more than their annual salary. If you don buy car as a salary earner, you go know. When cars were sold for 4000 naira, the average graduate was earning 200-300 naira. It didn't stop them from buying a car.

Below is a story of a woman who bought her first car in 1981. Obviously, her annual salary could not buy a car.
u don't get the point here. Since her annual salary couldn't buy the car, it means she must have gotten money from somewhere else to buy the car. Now back to the topic what he said was the with 200k as ur monthly salary u could employ a driver and also a maid and I am trying to tell u it isn't possible because that money isn't even enough for u after u remove money for fuel, feeding ur self, accomodation and other billings that will come up during the month. I am not saying u can't live an okay live with that 200k but it would have to come with a lot of sacrifices and once things like car come in, that money isn't enough for u again. Ur argument here is someone who earns 200k a month can employ a driver and a maid right? U should be able to do a brief estimation of how u will split that 200k btw every bill u have and still pay the maid and driver and u will see that it is just not possible unless u plan on paying 10k or less for their services.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by ogbonti: 2:39pm On Mar 28
martolux:
How much is 200k with this high inflation rate? This can only make sense if a bag of rice is around 20k and fuel sells for #150/litre.

so you are now smarter than Allen Onyema 🙄
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Villa12(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28
millionboi2:
you are japa addict you will never listen.
anti JAPA face your naija and your emilokan government grin
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Villa12(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28
Kingrshd3:

I guess u haven't traveled before u are born and brought up in Nigeria whereby u see Japa as means to be wealthy as Wizkid and Davido ..

U will learn hard way ok continue 😄
you get problem. Allow people to JAPA in peace. Face your emilokan government grin
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by millionboi2: 2:48pm On Mar 28
Villa12:
anti JAPA face your naija and your emilokan government grin
thunder fire tinubu and apc,I no fit leave Nigeria for anybody expt say I won visit.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Daystar7: 2:49pm On Mar 28
Donaldoni:

Not everybody lives in Lagos... embarassed
I pay my maid 4k per month with weekly transport fare.

You're very wicked and God 'll punish you! Ur children will be treated the same way u son of a bitch. Damn! #4k in this economy and you're proud to expose that here. I'm angered in my spirit. Wtf! God will punish you and ur children and they ll receive same treatment
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Daystar7: 2:51pm On Mar 28
Blacklion3:
This is the kind of lies the rich tells the poor so that the poor can remain contended with their circumstances.

Oga Allen I will rather earn that 2000 pounds than earn 200k naira.

Wait sef, where is the job offering 200k in Nigeria?
I earn 37k and it lasts just 2weeks.

Two weeks? U dey try
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by babaowambe: 2:51pm On Mar 28
Rent in UK 1'500 to 1,800 for a tiny 2 room apartment
Utilities like water,TV licence internet, phone top ups,gas, electricity , 200 pounds
Transport IE fuel, insurance, maintenance, that's if you have a car. 500
Bus or train ticket 50.00
Food and other necessary items 80 to 100 pounds
Clothing 30 to 50 depending on season
Savings ??
Holidays. 200 to 500
Results speaks for itself.
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Juju70(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28
E be like say because oga never enter street! How much be bag of rice? Rent? School fees nko? What Is 200k in usd now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Timoleon(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28
tuzle:
u don't get the point here. Since her annual salary couldn't buy the car, it means she must have gotten money from somewhere else to buy the car. Now back to the topic what he said was the with 200k as ur monthly salary u could employ a driver and also a maid and I am trying to tell u it isn't possible because that money isn't even enough for u after u remove money for fuel, feeding ur self, accomodation and other billings that will come up during the month. I am not saying u can't live an okay live with that 200k but it would have to come with a lot of sacrifices and once things like car come in, that money isn't enough for u again. Ur argument here is someone who earns 200k a month can employ a driver and a maid right? U should be able to do a brief estimation of how u will split that 200k btw every bill u have and still pay the maid and driver and u will see that it is just not possible unless u plan on paying 10k or less for their services.

Ok
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by martolux(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28
Na we dey feel the heat, the current economy is in his favour
ogbonti:

so you are now smarter than Allen Onyema 🙄
Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Rumundele(m): 3:05pm On Mar 28
I thought this man get sense, so with 200k monthly can earn you decent living?
I am disappointed

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by harsysky(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28
Jewessgratitud3:
Not entirely true because the conducive environment, constant electricity supply, good roads and security they enjoy can not be compared to what we have in Nigeria.

The smell in some areas in Nigeria can make you fall sick due to constant power failure in this hot weather climate causing serious heat waves. Every house will now open their windows to the street with smell of heat and Early morning breath oozing from this houses. Abi na gutter smell? chai!! Omor it's a nightmare. You can't experience such abroad.

If youre talking in terms of food, it's cheaper over there though maybe our Nigerian foods are on the high side but you'll still be able to afford it.

It's only the rent I know it's expensive and their taxes but if you cut your coat according to your cloth, you'll live fine. Avoid those their big apartments and you'll have enough change to roll by and still save something.

Life na management until you can Stand on your feet.

In all I still prefer the environment there this una place don dey smell too much.

You dey mind the okoko. If you don get money esp excess money, you can say that the lamp light is better than that of electricity bulb. People will support you, not because it is right but the sole reason that supporting you will change them from poverty to wealthy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Antichristus: 3:07pm On Mar 28
This is a stupid idea, and makes no sense. £2000pm in the UK, if you're single and don't live in London, don't have serviceable debt(s), etc., is not bad. You have 24hour day electricity, water and Internet supplies. Food is cheap despite the fact that prices have gone up. Roads are good and if you have a good car, you only visit workshops twice a year (MOT & Service). If you don't have expensive hobbies e g., drugs, philandering, etc., you can successfully live on an income of £2k per month, and also save for the rainy days. If you're married and your spouse earns roughly the same or higher then the better. North West & North East England are far cheaper to live in, and if you're on a joint family income of around £4-5k pm, and you're struggling financially, then something isn't right. I've been here for over 20years, and I'm speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema by Jewessgratitud3: 3:07pm On Mar 28
harsysky:

You dey mind the okoko. If you don get money esp excess money, you can say that the lamp light is better than that of electricity bulb. People will support you, not because it is right but the sole reason that supporting you will change them from poverty to wealthy.

grin true o. So far na rich man don talk am grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

About 99.4% Of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC / Efe Ejere, Chief Operating Officer, Grand Cubana Hotel Celebrates Birthday / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.