Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison (32696 Views)

Bank Of America Urges Nigeria To Hike Interest Rate To 25.5% To Curb Inflation / Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Max24: 3:26am On Mar 29
emkz:
Great.

In all the Binance and crypto wahala in Nigeria, I have learnt one important lesson.

If Nigeria ever goes to war, some Nigerians will never support Nigeria. They'd rather support foreigners and jubilate if Nigeria collapses.

Imagine the attack on the presidency and CBN when CBN went after Binance.

Imagine the attack on Nigeria when the Binance executive escaped.

We must always unite in defense of our country.

Check the American media whether anyone would support Sam Bankman-Fried. You won't find any. But Nigeria?

Why are we always our own enemies?
That's the work of Obidients. They are born hate-filled. Even when it will kill them they don't mind as long as their enemy suffers

2 Likes

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by deepwater(f): 3:29am On Mar 29
emkz:
Great.

In all the Binance and crypto wahala in Nigeria, I have learnt one important lesson.

If Nigeria ever goes to war, some Nigerians will never support Nigeria. They'd rather support foreigners and jubilate if Nigeria collapses.

Check the American media whether anyone would support Sam Bankman-Fried. You won't find any. But Nigeria?

My guy, America has done alot for its people, it's citizens are not afraid to defend her even blindly. Nigeria Don too worry Nigerians, Nigerians no send their country even when the need arises. It's a resultant of constant and strong oppression of Nigerians by Nigeria. People are simply not just happy at all at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Ashirioluwa: 3:54am On Mar 29
This sentence is laughable. It must be a joke.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Believeintruth: 4:30am On Mar 29
Smartdoctor:

Such Carlos and inhuman characters are only exhibition of people from Afghanistan in Nigeria

You are not sensible walahi. What about how you guys rejoiced during GEJ's administration? Una dey always form short memory when you are being criticized. No be una present coffin for a siting head of state, wishing death on the man. Now you are here preaching nationalism because you don't want the failures of your party and your principal to engulf you.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Believeintruth: 4:51am On Mar 29
Max24:

That's the work of Obidients. They are born hate-filled. Even when it will kill them they don't mind as long as their enemy suffers

Another daft talking. When you guys were rejoicing at GEJ it was patriotic abi. Now you are busy attacking those who criticize the leadership of the country when they are obviously goofing.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by favour32(m): 5:09am On Mar 29
emkz:
Great.

Simple answer in pidgin English.
USA government send(value) her citizens.
While Nigeria government nor send
(value) her citizens.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by emkz: 6:18am On Mar 29
deepwater:

My guy, America has done alot for its people, it's citizens are not afraid to defend her even blindly. Nigeria Don too worry Nigerians, Nigerians no send their country even when the need arises. It's a resultant of constant and strong oppression of Nigerians by Nigeria. People are simply not just happy at all at all

Are you saying Nigeria has not done anything for you?
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Nolevel666: 6:58am On Mar 29
emkz:
Great.

Who helped them escape?

Divide Nigeria today and watch the gdp growth of south south and south east.

Nigeria is a joke!
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Max24: 6:59am On Mar 29
Believeintruth:

Another daft talking. When you guys were rejoicing at GEJ it was patriotic abi. Now you are busy attacking those who criticize the leadership of the country when they are obviously goofing.
Obidients are not criticising, you are destroying. Americans engage in constructive criticism and provide alternative solutions. You people are not giving alternative economic policies but just happy when things get worse under Tinubu. Many obidients behave like SADISTS.

1 Like

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by GodPrince: 7:29am On Mar 29
Soft US Yahoo boy
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:40am On Mar 29
why are all d crypto guys getting jail sentences?

it clearly shows dat we shld all collectively avoid all dis riffraffs preaching crypto gospel to us both online and offline!

angry
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:42am On Mar 29
Pootle:
blord next grin
grin

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by johnjose68: 7:45am On Mar 29
nlfpmod:

https://apnews.com/article/sam-bankman-fried-ftx-cryptocurrency-sentencing-sbf-d7bb1a5e94b4c22039d74dfeab1a2ff1

I hope the fans of the man that gets his ideas from mad men can see and hear this loud and clear.

Nigeria will not gree for anybody that wish bad for her grin
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Mydazz(m): 8:06am On Mar 29
Why does everything about cryptocurrency reek of fraud and the likes,.....
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:20am On Mar 29
Smartdoctor:

Such Carlos and inhuman characters are only exhibition of people from Afghanistan in Nigeria
Callous not Carlos, you for complete am with roberto Carlos naa…Oluwole graduate.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:24am On Mar 29
emkz:

Your premise that I must be one of those living off our national cake is odious. I don't work for government and I have never worked for government. I am also not a stooge of any politician, nor do I live lavishly. But you'd assume so because you are always suspicious based on your own personal limitations.

I always urge Nigerians to travel outside Nigeria even if to other African countries. Until we do that, we won't understand what we have in one another. When we see the value in one another, we'd join hands to protect our collective enclave.

When the Binance executive escaped, we unite in support of our government against them for economic sabotage. You are also part of leadership. Offer suggestions, decent criticisms and love your country.

You gain nothing from pulling down your country.
So the guy just Houdini’d into thin air? Is that not gross incompetence from the so called government you’re advocating for? You travelled outside right? Is that how leaders in those countries operate? You lots are masters at gaslighting Nigerians who have had the worst set of leadership for decades! Cut ordinary Nigerians some fvcking slack!
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by PepeXKermit: 8:31am On Mar 29
ChizzyBuna:
I remember seeing this guy's advert on Super Bowl with Steph Curry and Tom Brady
Seeing that advert will make anyone think FTX is legit.

That is why I can NEVER take advertisments endorsed by Celebrities serious...
Be it crypto or Real estate or any product

Celebrities do advert for highest bidder
I fit pay tiwa 12 million to advertise my fake zobo drink
Whether the zobo na real or fake
That one no concern celebrities
Na to collect money and do advert

I really pity people that listen and follow celebrities like mumu.

Ftx would have been bigger than coinbase in the states if this guy really did the right thing. He was on that path.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Careente7(m): 8:46am On Mar 29
blowjohn:
Pdiddy aka puffy combs aka puff daddy is next.
Feds already raided his homes

"But Kells, the day you put out a hit is the day Diddy admits that he put the hit out that got Pac killed."

Eminem, on the track killshot

“I lur you Diddy,you know I’m just playing “

No comment; next question

1 Like

Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by kokakola: 9:05am On Mar 29
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Sane climes. You can tell Donal Trump that lol. grin They almost destroyed that man's political career. Americans will be voting between 81 years old Joe Biden and ..............?! grin
Compare and Contrast the Country and the names you mentioned above, do they do or make decisions outside their RULES & LAWS of that country?
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:08am On Mar 29
kokakola:

Compare and Contrast the Country and the names you mentioned above with what is obtainable here and judge their impacts to their country.

cry
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by EnterpriseMan: 9:36am On Mar 29
Finally. He thought he could just steal billions worth of crypto and get away with it? He even tried to file for bankruptcy 😅😅😅
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Barzinime(m): 9:36am On Mar 29
You are a goat!
A useless one at that!
ehikwe22:

Did America blame FTX for all the economic problems facing America?
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by blowjohn(m): 10:29am On Mar 29
Careente7:

“I lur you Diddy,you know I’m just playing “

No comment; next question

😂😂😂
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Believeintruth: 10:46am On Mar 29
Max24:

Obidients are not criticising, you are destroying. Americans engage in constructive criticism and provide alternative solutions. You people are not giving alternative economic policies but just happy when things get worse under Tinubu. Many obidients behave like SADISTS.

Oga keep quiet there Obidients have not done up to half of what you guys did to GEJ. Stop gaslighting them, shebi we were here in 2015 what kind of insults did you not give to GEJ? Up to the extent you did a coffin for him, a sitting head of state if that is not a destruction wish I wonder what it is.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by mofedamijo(m): 10:48am On Mar 29
Geovanni412:

He may be out in ten years max on good behaviour

Then he can write books about his mistakes and FTX saga will be turned into a movie

He may even become a motivational speaker.

This is a Federal case bro. Federal inmates serve an average of 85% of their sentence, which means that they are required to serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence before becoming eligible for release.

He will spend at least 22 years before he can be eligible for release. He will be around 54 by then.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by mofedamijo(m): 10:53am On Mar 29
deepwater:

The people of America have done a lot for their country. An average American is honest, I can't say same for the people of Nigeria.

I don't believe America has done a lot for its people, I believe that the people of America has done alot for America, for America to be where it is today. I can't say same for Nigeria.
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Forkthiefnubu: 1:12pm On Mar 29
emkz:
Great.

You comparing the USA where the government and the systems and procedures and institutions have a lot of credibility before its citizens to Nigeria where the governments always seem to be anti people, where most of the regimes are tribal based and infinitely corrupt , the typical Nigerian don’t trust the government and even sees it as an enemy, the public goods are not provided while the resources are looted , it is all man for himself, no heroes here
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Elohorp(f): 5:57pm On Mar 29
dante0147:
He should have run to Nigeria brine the courts and security officials I don’t think he would ever be caught!

Hope you know American can easily pick up any criminal from Nigeria because of the treaty your country signed
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by BucketHat(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29
DenreleDave:
This guy is fvcking rich.. Why engage in illegal activities again that will make your customers lose trust in you...

Guys, pls I want to download the latest reigning song but I don't know the search keyword.. I think it's a south African or other African country language sha...

They are using it for dancing challenge recently

TitoM & Yuppe-Tshwala Bam (Feat. S.N.E)
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by Rinoxy: 4:51am On Mar 30
Smartdoctor:

CALLOUS*
Re: Crypto King, Sam Bankman-Fried Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison by ForensikOrder: 5:26am On Mar 30
emkz:
Great.

Emkz, you don hit nail for head with this your observation. The whole Sam Bankman-Fried saga and the crypto wahala wey dey happen around Binance for Naija don really show say some of us dey quick to support outsider pass our own country. E be like say trust issue dey between we country people and our leaders, and this na something wey dey very deep.

The attack on CBN and presidency whenever dem take action against foreign entities like Binance, e dey reveal say plenty Nigerians no get faith for their own government actions or policies. This na big matter because e show say divide dey among us on how we suppose handle our national issues.

The way you talk am, say for America, you no go easily see person wey go support Sam Bankman-Fried against their own country, e show say patriotism dey strong there. But for Naija, e be like say we quick to find fault for our own side before we even look outside.

The koko be say, unity and patriotism na important. We need to dey support our country and work together to make am better. Na true say our leaders need to do better in terms of governance and transparency to earn the trust of the people. But as citizens, we also get role to play for the unity and progress of our country.

We need to dey critical, yes, but also supportive of our country when e matter most. We need to find balance between holding our leaders accountable and not tearing down our own country especially when e dey face challenges or criticism from outside.

E go good make we dey remember say, at the end of the day, if Naija better, na we all go enjoy am. And if e spoil, na still we go suffer am. So, make we try dey more of a solution to the problem instead of adding to the problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cost Of Starting A Standard Car Wash Business In Nigeria. / Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) / 5 Habits That Kill Financially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.