Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police (26962 Views)

Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers / Slain Soldiers Came To Protect Us From Invaders - Delta Monarch / Army Declares 101 Soldiers Wanted, Freezes Bank Accounts - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by enemyofprogress: 5:32am On Mar 29
I'm sure he didn't did it

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by adecz: 5:37am On Mar 29
⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

Instead of This matter being thoroughly
investigated, we are just being fed the
army angle of the events and nobody
is listening to the allegations that the
people of Okuama have raised.

There have been cases where policemen
have gone on illegal duties and got killed
in the process and when investigations
carried out and the dead policemen were
found wanting, they are posthumously tried
and dismissed as the case may be.

For all we know, a whole colonel who
led a few officers and ranks and files to the
creeks, may have been trying to protect
an interest.

We are quite aware that postings to the
Niger Delta can be very rewarding to officers
who get involved in protecting oil bunkering
activities and get rewarded in the process.

It's quite possible the army may be
trying to protect certain their image. In fact
the GOC may even be involved
⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by silvoclaira: 5:41am On Mar 29
id4sho:
Nigerian military should face their fellow combatants undecided . What was their real mission there lipsrsealed

Why haven't you been asking this question since years ago, before this murder?

Opunu

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Omenlon: 5:49am On Mar 29
adecz:
⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

an interest.

⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️
you are not too far from the truth. But then, that is the essence of investigation. All these steps will or may unravel the truth in the fullness of time.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Johnjustice: 5:54am On Mar 29
People must learn to control impulsive behavior and think things through... impulsive actions had caused a lot of wars.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by BluntCrazeMan: 6:05am On Mar 29
He trusted the Nigerian police.??

Sorry for him.

(I don't want to type “RIP in advance”,, this is how they will useless the remaining days of this man's life)
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Goalnaldo(m): 6:06am On Mar 29
I laugh when people dey talk say Lagos get mind. Fear South south people especially urhobos in Delta

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Otulented: 6:23am On Mar 29
Honestey:
Torture him well he go comefess

Okpo!

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by essentialone(m): 6:25am On Mar 29
pretydiva:
I honestly want justice for the 17 soldiers killed. But just like I told my soldier friend,thorough investigation should be carried out to know the real culprits

Would also like to be your friend. Can I ?
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by pretydiva(f): 6:29am On Mar 29
essentialone:

Would also like to be your friend. Can I ?
Lol. But we are not enemies nau
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by emkz: 6:30am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:
So why was he declared wanted in the first place. Was it that he fled his palace or went into hiding immediately after the killings. Because I see no reason why a traditional ruler will be declared wanted in his own domain and up till now hasn't returned.

As the report stated, he had not been in the community due to legal tussle on how he emerged as the traditional ruler of Ewu-Urhobo kingdom.

His adversaries may have lied to the army to implicate him and use the army to get him out to get his position for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by essentialone(m): 6:31am On Mar 29
If we all investigate to know those who killed soldiers, who will investigate to know those that were killed by soldiers? 😞

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by JimohMomoh: 6:41am On Mar 29
hslbroker2:
Nice moves to save yourselves from this tussles, police fit forget, army no dey forget, and thank your God no be obasanjo regime, dey for don ground level your communities by now, whether you for don die or run away to exile.

Childish talk, why did Obasanjo not massacre people in Zamfara State when security men were killed during Shariah law protest that time.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by JimohMomoh: 6:45am On Mar 29
adecz:
⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

an interest.

⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

You are right. At the height of oil theft in Buhari's regime, a lot of senior military officers where involved in the act and Wike almost mentioned their names.
Most people in Nairaland don't know what's going on.

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by RxSameer(m): 6:49am On Mar 29
You be animal if na ur father them kill u go dey type this rubbish

id4sho:
Nigerian military should face their fellow combatants undecided . What was their real mission there lipsrsealed
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:54am On Mar 29
malali:
No Soldier should die in the hands of citizens of its own country.

Lets resolve all our differences and maintain a stance of justice for the 17 soldiers.

I trust our intelligence agencies, they will find these guys......dead or alive.

But citizens have been dying Ian the hands of the military and police personnel's since the creation independence, the only thing you hear is accidental discharge when citizens refuse to pay money on the road and the bullets come flying their way.

So the Nigerian authorities can do such investigations when their own is been killed but when the citizens are murdered they give stupid reasons for the murder and you will hear the police and military are on top of the situation and that's all.

This country needs a new dimension where institutions are strengthened to become independent from the politicians of the day else some will be considered second class citizens and others will be considered the owners of the country. Everyone deserves a shot at equity and justice and not one sided movie.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:55am On Mar 29
malali:
No Soldier should die in the hands of citizens of its own country.

Lets resolve all our differences and maintain a stance of justice for the 17 soldiers.

I trust our intelligence agencies, they will find these guys......dead or alive.

But citizens have been killed and in the hands of the military and police personnel's since the creation independence, the only thing you hear is accidental discharge when citizens refuse to pay money on the road and the bullets come flying their way.

So the Nigerian authorities can do such investigations when their own is been killed but when the citizens are murdered they give stupid reasons for the murder and you will hear the police and military are on top of the situation and that's all.

This country needs a new dimension where institutions are strengthened to become independent from the politicians of the day else some will be considered second class citizens and others will be considered the owners of the country. Everyone deserves a shot at equity and justice and not one sided movie.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Ten06(m): 6:56am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:
So why was he declared wanted in the first place. Was it that he fled his palace or went into hiding immediately after the killings. Because I see no reason why a traditional ruler will be declared wanted in his own domain and up till now hasn't returned.

The King did not fled anywhere, he doesn't live in the clan because of the crisis that emanated from his selection as king.
The army would have invited him, he would have honor their invitation.
It was these set of soldiers that was killed that provided security for him before and during his coronation.

How many Emir have they declare wanted in the north because of Boko haram and bandits? we all want justice over the death of these officers and soldiers, but it should not be done on subvertrd justice

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by broadman20: 6:56am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:

It's easy to talk on the internet and the internet is not the real world.

Just pray never to find yourself in a complicated community where the likes of Boko haram, Bandits and militants operates freely. You may be caught between the DEVIL and THE DEEP BLUE SEA.

In such communities, staying neutral becomes a crime, both from the government forces and the criminal elements.

Just pray never to find yourself in this kind of situation.

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Available9: 6:59am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:

You said he hasn't returned..but the article said he reported to the police of Thursday... comprehension is your problem
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by TheMostComplex1: 7:00am On Mar 29
frozen70:

Nothing like that
He came to clear his name probably because he is not involved in that wicked act

But he is highly needed because he may have a clue to whatever led to such killing, which will aid the investigation

For now all of them are guilty untill proven otherwise

As a traditional ruler, you must account for your community, through the informations you gather

So he did well and more heads will roll

The real culprits will rather drink snipper than surrendering themselves to the authority because they know that they will pass through painful death even seconds

The below hmmmmmm
The real culprits will rather drink snipper than surrendering themselves to the authority because they know that they will pass through painful death even seconds
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by malali: 7:03am On Mar 29
ExudeLoveToAll:

Everyone deserves a shot at equity and justice and not one sided movie.

I completely agree.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by GodPrince: 7:06am On Mar 29
Nigerians the oppression when una dey always do go actually continue to dey choke una. Make una nor worry, shey na urhobo king una dey oppress like this
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Fiscus105(m): 7:09am On Mar 29
They asked you to follow them to their office ,you said no but took law into ur own hand.

If you have obeyed them, it wouldn't have degenerated to this, and at last you still did what they asked you to do initially.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by muykem: 7:10am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:
His community had a land dispute with another community..The second community was using police and military to their advantage. They went to invite non state actors to defend them also. I don't think they support the killing of military men but they are guilty of invite non state actors to their defence.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by NorthernersSuck: 7:16am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:

Nigeria the zoo is full of propaganda, don't be surprised that none of any soldier is killed at first place
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Fiscus105(m): 7:19am On Mar 29
Ladipodeal:

He left the country since coronation ceremony last year says the report. Except there are evidences connecting him to the incident.

The army should desist from the brazen ways of handling civilian matters. Read a report which claims most of those declared wanted are mostly those who had spoken against the army in public space or media.

Appears there is more to the case unknown to the public. RIP to the murdered soldier.

If they spoke against military publicly, is it the reason to butcher Nigeria soldiers?

If they have their own version, why can't they go public on social media to open can of worms?
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by GodPrince: 7:21am On Mar 29
muykem:
His community had a land dispute with another community..The second community was using police and military to their advantage. They went to invite non state actors to defend them also. I don't think they support the killing of military men but they are guilty of invite non state actors to their defence.
how did u know they invited non state actors? The King is innocent. He's only offence is using his money and influence to get the kingship. He's not paternally indigenous to Ewu kingdom and has been on exile since his coronation, the whole of Delta knows this situation already b4 soldiers got killed in the Kingdom, he is not in good relationship with the people how can he connive with them to care our such crime? This issue can only be resolved amicably by peace and not harassing the king

1 Like

Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by essentialone(m): 7:35am On Mar 29
pretydiva:

Lol. But we are not enemies nau

Lol. Yeah we are not. But I meant closely.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by Yelight(m): 7:38am On Mar 29
Bobby4090:

The report already stated that he has not been in the kingdom after his coronation due to legal battle surrounding his ascension to the throne.
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by lexy2014: 7:39am On Mar 29
pretydiva:
I honestly want justice for the 17 soldiers killed. But just like I told my soldier friend,thorough investigation should be carried out to know the real culprits

what were the soldiers doing in Okuama at the time of their deaths?
Re: Killing Of 17 Soldiers: Wanted Delta Monarch Reports Self To Police by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:40am On Mar 29
TOPCRUISE:
He is wise not to surrender to Soldiers or the DHQ defence headquarters, but the nearest police command.
He would have been reported missing.
na true oh, no be when thier body dey hot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Rochas Okorocha Speaks On The Cost Of The Statues He Built In Imo (Video) / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.