Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism (2349 Views)

How Christianity Is Supporting MONEY RITUAL! / How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Dsimmer: 12:24pm On Mar 31
gaskiyamagana:

Online lunatichristian sighted and hereby referred to online pychatric hospital.

Na today?

Go and improve your brain instead of sinking in the trash of a lunatic camel urine drinking criminal Paedophile into your brain.

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 12:31pm On Mar 31
Dsimmer:

The snake represent the law while the death of Jesus or the cross represent mercy at the face of the law. The Hebrews sinned in the forest thus were punished for their actions however were later pardoned and healed while looking at the snake lifted up on the cross. So it meant they obtained mercy regardless of their sin. That is, they obtained mercy at the face of the law, represented by the snake which represents the law. The death and resurrection of Jesus which is represented by the cross, signifies mercy/salvation at the face of the law. That was exactly what Paul was saying because he was a participant of such mercy/salvation at the face of the law. However, this doesn't mean one should continue to do evil/commit crime because like Paul stated, we can't continue in sin yet expect grace to abound.

That being said, Jesus was indeed sent to the Hebrews, however, his salvation is meant for all. Aside that, His salvation also teaches a lesson which is, we should show mercy, especially when it's needed or warranted. While law should be without mercy, justice should be rendered with mercy, especially if such cases warrant it.

As for the OP of the thread, he dey craze like the paedophilic criminal lunatic who drank camel urine.

Did other prophets before Jesus not show mercy? Was Joseph not merciful to his brothers who hated him? The wife behind his wrongful imprisonment, the former prisoner who forgot him on his release?

Did David not show mercy to Saul?

You clearly state that Jesus was sent to the Hebrews how did he now become the Saviour of all? He said it where and how reliable is the report saying he said so?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Tallesty1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 31
Kobojunkie:

In addition to that, Jesus Christ declared that He was sent only to the Lost Sheep of Isreal, by His Father, YHWH of Israel. He went ahead to warn His disciples not to give that which belongs to the Lost sheep of Israel to the dogs — Non-Israelites— Matthew 7 vs 6 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24. He explained in John 3 vs 14 - 18 & Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 that the World which He came to was the very same world to which God caused the bronze Snake to be raised in the desert up to — the condemned ones among Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel(Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31). How then could the same Jesus Christ, who declared that His Word was everlasting — Unchangeable, the same yesterday, today, and forever — be associated in any way or form with a religion largely founded by non-Israelites? No be Juju be that! undecided

This is an intriguing perspective, and I'm eager to delve deeper into it. Based on my understanding, if Jesus' mission were exclusively for the Israelites, it would contradict numerous instances in the Bible where he interacted with and ministered to people from diverse backgrounds.

Firstly, despite initially stating that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel (Matthew 15:24), Jesus demonstrated compassion and inclusivity in his actions. For instance, when a Canaanite woman approached him seeking help for her daughter, Jesus ultimately healed the daughter, commending the woman's great faith (Matthew 15:28).

Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:1-42) challenges the notion of exclusivity. Despite societal and cultural barriers between Jews and Samaritans, Jesus engaged in meaningful dialogue with the woman and revealed himself as the Messiah. This interaction underscores Jesus' universal message of salvation transcending ethnic boundaries.

Jesus' response to the plea of a Roman centurion for the healing of his servant (Matthew 8:5-13) exemplifies his willingness to extend grace beyond the confines of Israel. Despite being a Gentile, the centurion's faith impressed Jesus, who commended it as greater than any he had seen in Israel.

Additionally, Jesus' commission to his disciples to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20) and his declaration that he would draw all people to himself when lifted up (John 12:32) emphasize the universal scope of his mission. These verses underscore Jesus' intention to offer salvation to people of every race, ethnicity, and nationality.

The account of Peter's encounter with Cornelius in Acts 10 further reinforces the inclusivity of Jesus' message. Despite Peter's initial reluctance due to societal norms, he obeyed God's command to go to Cornelius, a Gentile, and proclaim the Gospel. This event marked a significant shift in understanding that God shows no partiality and accepts people from every nation who fear him and do what is right (Acts 10:34-35).

In essence, while Jesus' earthly ministry began with a focus on the Israelites, his ultimate purpose was to extend salvation to all humanity, thereby fulfilling the promise made to Abraham that through his offspring, all nations would be blessed (Genesis 12:3).

Therefore, to assert that Jesus was exclusively for the Israelites overlooks the abundant evidence in the Bible that demonstrates his universal love and grace for all people.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Lawag3: 12:45pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

Did other prophets before Jesus not show mercy? Was Joseph not merciful to his brothers who hated him? The wife behind his wrongful imprisonment, the former prisoner who forgot him on his release?

You clearly state that Jesus was sent to the Hebrews how did he now become the Saviour of all? He said it where and how reliable is the report saying he said so?

The mercy of human being and the mercy of God are two different things.

Ok let's do it this way.

We'll both discuss the promise of salvation in both the Quran and Bible. We'll discuss how the Jesus and Mohammed talk about the promise of salvation.

You'll tell me the promise of salvation from the Quran and what you know of the promise of salvation from the Bible. I'll do same. And both of us will correct any misunderstanding in a civil and respectable way only speaking the truth.

Do you agree.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31
MightySparrow:

Old soldier!
Epe! Epe!! Epe!!!
grin
Fool. Epe kọ Ikorodu ni! cheesy
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by MightySparrow: 1:14pm On Mar 31
MaxInDHouse:

Fool. Epe kọ Ikorodu ni! cheesy
grin
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 1:15pm On Mar 31
Lawag3:

The mercy of human being and the mercy of God are two different things.

Ok let's do it this way.

We'll both discuss the promise of salvation in both the Quran and Bible. We'll discuss how the Jesus and Mohammed talk about the promise of salvation.

You'll tell me the promise of salvation from the Quran and what you know of the promise of salvation from the Bible. I'll do same. And both of us will correct any misunderstanding in a civil and respectable way only speaking the truth.

Do you agree.

Do you limit the showing of mercy to the prophets and exclude the guidance and will of the almighty?

Elijah, considered one of the greatest Old Testament prophets, displayed mercy through his interactions with others. Despite his powerful demonstrations of God’s strength and judgment upon idolatry, Elijah also showed compassion and mercy towards those in need. His plea for God to take his life when he felt defeated was met with nourishment, rest, a new mission, and reassurance from the Lord. Elijah’s life reflects how reliance on God can lead to fulfillment of needs and a renewed sense of purpose.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Dsimmer: 1:20pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

I didn't say mercy didn't exist prior to Jesus coming. Heck the Isrealites were shown mercy in the forest. God also had mercy on David after what he did. Hence, the saying in the scripture which is "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on"

However, the purpose of Jesus was to ensure mercy abound for everyone hence why the temple veil was split as soon as he died thus meaning everyone can come to the throne of mercy. However, that doesn't mean one should continue to do evil because like Paul stated, "we can't continue in sin yet expect grace to abound".
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 1:46pm On Mar 31
Tallesty1:
This is an intriguing perspective, and I'm eager to delve deeper into it. Based on my understanding, if Jesus' mission were exclusively for the Israelites, it would contradict numerous instances in the Bible where he interacted with and ministered to people from diverse backgrounds.

Firstly, despite initially stating that he was sent to the lost sheep of Israel (Matthew 15:24), Jesus demonstrated compassion and inclusivity in his actions. For instance, when a Canaanite woman approached him seeking help for her daughter, Jesus ultimately healed the daughter, commending the woman's great faith (Matthew 15:28).

Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:1-42) challenges the notion of exclusivity. Despite societal and cultural barriers between Jews and Samaritans, Jesus engaged in meaningful dialogue with the woman and revealed himself as the Messiah. This interaction underscores Jesus' universal message of salvation transcending ethnic boundaries.

Jesus' response to the plea of a Roman centurion for the healing of his servant (Matthew 8:5-13) exemplifies his willingness to extend grace beyond the confines of Israel. Despite being a Gentile, the centurion's faith impressed Jesus, who commended it as greater than any he had seen in Israel.

Additionally, Jesus' commission to his disciples to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20) and his declaration that he would draw all people to himself when lifted up (John 12:32) emphasize the universal scope of his mission. These verses underscore Jesus' intention to offer salvation to people of every race, ethnicity, and nationality.

The account of Peter's encounter with Cornelius in Acts 10 further reinforces the inclusivity of Jesus' message. Despite Peter's initial reluctance due to societal norms, he obeyed God's command to go to Cornelius, a Gentile, and proclaim the Gospel. This event marked a significant shift in understanding that God shows no partiality and accepts people from every nation who fear him and do what is right (Acts 10:34-35).

In essence, while Jesus' earthly ministry began with a focus on the Israelites, his ultimate purpose was to extend salvation to all humanity, thereby fulfilling the promise made to Abraham that through his offspring, all nations would be blessed (Genesis 12:3).

Therefore, to assert that Jesus was exclusively for the Israelites overlooks the abundant evidence in the Bible that demonstrates his universal love and grace for all people.

Just ignore that heretic preacher. He would soon give u a response that makes no sense ignoring all the passages U quoted.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Lawag3: 1:52pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

Do you limit the showing of mercy to the prophets and exclude the guidance and will of the almighty?

Elijah, considered one of the greatest Old Testament prophets, displayed mercy through his interactions with others. Despite his powerful demonstrations of God’s strength and judgment upon idolatry, Elijah also showed compassion and mercy towards those in need. His plea for God to take his life when he felt defeated was met with nourishment, rest, a new mission, and reassurance from the Lord. Elijah’s life reflects how reliance on God can lead to fulfillment of needs and a renewed sense of purpose.

I agree with you. But Jesus wasn't an ordinary man Elijah was just a Man. Elijah wasn't prophecied about Jesus was.

And since Jesus is God he can forgive sins he is compassionate towards the whole of humanity including you even as you reject him. He knows you Elijah did not. He is sinless Elijah was not. He loves you very deeply that he abandoned his status as God to be a Man so he could died for you.

If you take me up on my offer of a civil discussion I could explain more and we will compare and contrast.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 1:57pm On Mar 31
[quote author=Ohyoudidnt post=129197061][/quote]

Your screen shot didn't answer my question.
Is the shin of Allah intrinsic to Allah or separate from him. That's my question.
You just repeated the answer to my initial question which is cani worship the shin of Allah? And U already said no. So why repeating the answer.

Anyway from the screenshot, it seems U agree the shin of Allah is intrinsic to allah- correct me if I'm wrong.

That means Allah's form or shape has a physical attribute called shin that doesn't share in his deity- the very reason he's God. That's why we can't worship the shin.

This automatically mean Allah is a composite being- he'd made up of parts. That's what U guys don't understand.

Allah has parts but he's not that part. Allah has a shin but he's not the shin.
Above is the definition of composite and that's the description of your god.

This automatically means Allah is not one or single in his entire being because his deity as God is not uniformly distributed within him.
There are some intrinsic physical attributes of Allah that can be cut off permanently and he will still be Allah. i.e Allah can be divided and no harm will come to the deity.
Allah as God is neither single nor one.
Tawhid is a false concept and doesn't make sense.
Simple.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by gaskiyamagana: 3:08pm On Mar 31
Dsimmer:

Na today?

Go and improve your brain instead of sinking in the trash of a lunatic camel urine drinking criminal Paedophile into your brain.
Another ONLINE NUISANCE TO ISLAM is discovered and will be dealt with and disgraced to silence, Insha-Allah.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 3:09pm On Mar 31
SIRTee15:

Your screen shot didn't answer my question.
Is the shin of Allah intrinsic to Allah or separate from him. That's my question.
You just repeated the answer to my initial question which is cani worship the shin of Allah? And U already said no. So why repeating the answer.

Anyway from the screenshot, it seems U agree the shin of Allah is intrinsic to allah- correct me if I'm wrong.

That means Allah's form or shape has a physical attribute called shin that doesn't share in his deity- the very reason he's God. That's why we can't worship the shin.

This automatically mean Allah is a composite being- he'd made up of parts. That's what U guys don't understand.

Allah has parts but he's not that part. Allah has a shin but he's not the shin.
Above is the definition of composite and that's the description of your god.

This automatically means Allah is not one or single in his entire being because his deity as God is not uniformly distributed within him.
There are some intrinsic physical attributes of Allah that can be cut off permanently and he will still be Allah. i.e Allah can be divided and no harm will come to the deity.
Allah as God is neither single nor one.
Tawhid is a false concept and doesn't make sense.
Simple.

You are still not getting anything. What is it you worship of God?

If all comes from God and all is a manifestation of the majesty of God.

Allah is all encompassing.

Allah is Al-Muheet— All-Encompassing, The All-Pervading. Al-Muheet encompasses the whole creation.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 3:23pm On Mar 31
Lawag3:

I agree with you. But Jesus wasn't an ordinary man Elijah was just a Man. Elijah wasn't prophecied about Jesus was.

And since Jesus is God he can forgive sins he is compassionate towards the whole of humanity including you even as you reject him. He knows you Elijah did not. He is sinless Elijah was not. He loves you very deeply that he abandoned his status as God to be a Man so he could died for you.

If you take me up on my offer of a civil discussion I could explain more and we will compare and contrast.

There again you jumble it all up.
Jesus is not ordinary as he has no human father but is still born of a woman by the grace of God.

John the Baptist was known for preparing the way for Jesus Christ. His arrival was prophesied in the Old Testament by the prophet Isaiah, who described him as “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight” (Isaiah 40:3).

The prophet Malachi also prophesied about Elijah’s return before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. In Malachi 4:5-6, it is written, “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Jesus is not God. In the concept of the father he acknowledges one who is greater thanjil
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Lawag3: 3:37pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

There again you jumble it all up.
Jesus is not ordinary as he has no human father but is still born of a woman by the grace of God.

John the Baptist was known for preparing the way for Jesus Christ. His arrival was prophesied in the Old Testament by the prophet Isaiah, who described him as “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight” (Isaiah 40:3).

The prophet Malachi also prophesied about Elijah’s return before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. In Malachi 4:5-6, it is written, “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

Jesus is not God. In the concept of the father he acknowledges one who is greater thanjil

The only person born of no man. The Quran gives Jesus the attributes of Allah. I could show you then you'll say he did all those by the permission of Allah.

Jesus in the Bible called himself God in many instances. Promise Christians that where he is he will be also.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Blkpanda: 3:49pm On Mar 31
SIRTee15:

If Allah is one and single as Muslims want us to believe, then everything about Allah's form and existence should be Allah otherwise he not single.

That means his essence should be uniformly distributed in whatever form he exist.

But if U are telling me Allah has a shin but I cannot worship the shin. That means his shin doesn't have the essence of Allah.
That automatically mean Allah is a composite being who's made up of parts just like human beings even if Muslims don't want to admit.

For example my leg is not me, my hands are not me and my face isn't me. Humans are not single beings but composite beings.

That's why someone with a leg amputation still retain his full identity because the amputated leg isn't the person, it's just part of the person that no longer exist with him.
Above is the description of the god of the Muslims. A god made up of body parts, what a god!!!
I don’t agree with the crux of your arguement that you retain your full identity if you lose a piece of yourself

That said, isn’t Allah a deity? Same as Christian/Jewsih God, and not a physical one. So the same rules of worshipping Gods shin would apply to Allahs shin? What am I missing?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 4:02pm On Mar 31
Lawag3:

The only person born of no man. The Quran gives Jesus the attributes of Allah. I could show you then you'll say he did all those by the permission of Allah.

Jesus in the Bible called himself God in many instances. Promise Christians that where he is he will be also.

So you know all what Jesus did was by the leave of Allah then why do you equate him to Allah.

Is this far from the Arian view that he was created and not equal to the creator?

Show me Jesus expressly calling himself God from your Bible please
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 4:11pm On Mar 31
Blkpanda:

I don’t agree with the crux of your arguement that you retain your full identity if you lose a piece of yourself
Does the name of an amputee change because a leg is ampiutated? No. His person as a human isn't altered based on loss of a shin. U only known as an amputated person but what makes u human doesn't change.
Remember MR NIGER D.

Blkpanda:

That said, isn’t Allah a deity? Same as Christian/Jewsih God, and not a physical one. So the same rules of worshipping Gods shin would apply to Allahs shin? What am I missing?

That is the point of divine simplicity. A God shouldn't have parts and his essence should be uniform and the same within his existence.
Otherwise there will be some areas of him that will not be God, that's the problem

We Christians don't have this problem because the Christian God is a spirit. Spirits don't have shape or form. The deity of God is the same within his existence.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Dsimmer: 4:39pm On Mar 31
gaskiyamagana:

Another ONLINE NUISANCE TO ISLAM is discovered and will be dealt with and disgraced to silence, Insha-Allah.

The nuisance is the paedophilic criminal lunatic Mohammed. The scripture says by their fruits you shall know them. We all know the nonsensical unintelligible asinine criminal terrorist trash which Mohammed has brought into the world. Heck, Mohammad was a criminal peadophile who drank camel's urine.

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31
SIRTee15:

Again another gbagaun. The first person we know that wrote about Jesus was thallus the Samaritan who described the events of the cruxifixion around 50s AD. Ben mara sarapion wrote about Jesus in 73AD.
Josephus' works was in late 90s AD.
So who first wrote about Christ.

We only know about what Thallus wrote because Theophilus of Antioch quoted him around 180.
With the reputation of early Christian writers with forgeries, I'm not sure we can trust them since thallus work on Jesus did not survive.

Mara bar Serapion only mentioned in a letter the execution of a certain wise king of the jew.
And there is uncertainty as to when he wrote the letter. It is dated between 73AD to before the 3rd century.

The forged testimonium flavianum still remain the earliest source because we know with certainty Josephus wrote in 93/94.

SIRTee15:

Seriously coming from a Muslim whose knowledge about Christ came from a forger 630 years after chrsit lived. U refuse to believe someone that wrote about Christ 100 years after his death but swallowed the tales of a desert forger who lived 600 yrs after the events he described.
U go fear the way Muslims reason. Islam can never be reconciled with common sense, it's an infinite impossibility.

Do you think Prophet Muhammad was forging the Bible when he did not go with Haman as an aide to Persian King and placed him as a chief of Pharaoh?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when he placed mount Judi rather than Mountains of Ararat as the resting place of Noah's ark?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when He did not make mistakes of calling Egyptian kings at the time Abraham and Joseph Pharaoh like the Bible did?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when he made a bold claim that the body of Pharaoh of Moses was preserved, mind you the bodies of the preserved Pharaohs were found in the 18th century.

If you want to know what forgeries look like, it is what Writers of Gospel according to Mathew and Luke did with Marks gospel.
Those guys will be behind bars for forgeries in modern day.

It is the reputation of the Qur'an that make us trust the Qur'an 100%

SIRTee15:

It's ok to live in delusion, U won't be the first and not the last. I'm happy to cure your delusion of Isaiah 42 if U oblige me. Bur as usual U will run away.

I will be glad, I have been looking for that Christain that will tell me when Jesus made the Arabs rejoice and sing for joy.

SIRTee15:

The biggest work of forgery ever known to mankind is the Koran. How Muslims believe that it's from God is a mystery to me.
The whole of story about jesus in your Koran is not any divine revelation. They are stories in our apocryphal gospels. Stories of Mary, jesus talking at birth and jesus creating life are all in our gospel books written 100 years after the said events.
Go and read the infancy gospel of Thomas and protoevangelium of James, all the stories are there.

These are gospel books we rejected because we know they are forgeries.
Now a forger forging from a forgery book into his own forged book only to turn around to lie that Allah told him the stories. U Muslims are lost.

Non of the story of Jesus you have is divine revelation, they are forgeries upon forgeries upon forgeries.

Like I said, it's the reputation of the Qur'an that make us trust it 100%

SIRTee15:

Tell me when did Jews start calling Ezra the son of God. because your Koran claimed they do.
Let's see the religion of zero common sense and 100% blind faith.

I don't think Uzair is Ezra.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Lawag3: 5:28pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

So you know all what Jesus did was by the leave of Allah then why do you equate him to Allah.

Is this far from the Arian view that he was created and not equal to the creator?

Show me Jesus expressly calling himself God from your Bible please

Oh you've got me😂 or so you think.

Then [Jesus] said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me?”
John 5:18
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

It is common knowledge that the Jews killed Jesus because he called God father and called himself God . By literally saying me and God are the same you've seen me you've seen God.

Bible > John > Chapter 14 > Verse 9
◄ John 14:9 ►
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "Am I with you so long a time, and you have not known Me, Philip? The one having seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

New King James Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

NASB 1995
Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father ‘?

NASB 1977
Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Legacy Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all so long and have you not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Amplified Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and you do not know Me yet, Philip, nor recognize clearly who I am? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time and you do not know me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, Show us the Father?

American Standard Version
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and dost thou not know me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how sayest thou, Show us the Father?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to him, “All this time I am with you and you have not known me Phillip? Whoever has seen me has seen The Father, and how do you say, 'Show us The Father'?”

Contemporary English Version
Jesus replied: Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?

Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also. How sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

English Revised Version
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and dost thou not know me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus replied, "I have been with all of you for a long time. Don't you know me yet, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Good News Translation
Jesus answered, "For a long time I have been with you all; yet you do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Why, then, do you say, 'Show us the Father'?

International Standard Version
"Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me?" Jesus asked him. "The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Literal Standard Version
Jesus says to him, “Such [a] long time am I with you, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; and how do you say, Show to us the Father?

Majority Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New American Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

NET Bible
Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

New Revised Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Heart English Bible
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you all this time, and still you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?'

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus saith to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me Philip? he that hath seen me, hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Weymouth New Testament
"Have I been so long among you," Jesus answered, "and yet you, Philip, do not know me? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How can *you* ask me, 'Cause us to see the Father'?

World English Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

Young's Literal Translation
Jesus saith to him, 'So long time am I with you, and thou hast not known me, Philip? he who hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how dost thou say, Shew to us the Father?

Additional Translations ...
Audio Bible

Cross References
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:19
"Where is Your Father?" they asked Him. "You do not know Me or My Father," Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well."

John 12:45
And whoever sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true--in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Treasury of Scripture
Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

Have.

Mark 9:19
He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

he.

John 14:7,20
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him…

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Jump to Previous
Cause Jesus Philip Shew Show Time
Jump to Next
John 14
1. Jesus comforts his disciples with the hope of heaven;
5. professes himself the way, the truth, and the life, and one with the Father;
13. assures their prayers to be effectual;
15. requires obedience;
16. promises the Comforter;
27. and leaves his peace with them

John 14:9 BibleApps.com
John 14:9 Biblia Paralela
John 14:9 Chinese Bible
John 14:9 French Bible
John 14:9 Catholic Bible

You could also Google this and translate into English.

So what's Mohammed promise of salvation to you Moslem.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Dsimmer: 5:41pm On Mar 31
Dsimmer:

The nuisance is the paedophilic criminal lunatic Mohammed. The scripture says by their fruits you shall know them. We all know the nonsensical unintelligible asinine criminal terrorist trash which Mohammed has brought into the world. Heck, Mohammad was a criminal peadophile who drank camel's urine.

Meanwhile, let me add that I've got reason why I don't have problem with Christianity. It's because aside its similarities with Yoruba's Ifa, Jesus was righteous. I mean it's a plus to any society if some people decide to follow Jesus ways by being good and righteous because Jesus was righteous and good. Albeit I know some christians are wicked criminals or let me rephrase and say some people who pretend to be christians are criminals who commit evil crimes, thus need to be dealt with as a matter of fact. However, one fact we know is, Jesus who's the core foundation of Christianity was righteous thus if anyone says he wanna follow Jesus righteous characteristics, it''s a plus to any society.

On the other hand, what do you think would happen if someone decides to follow the criminal unintelligible lunatic Mohammad's character to tee by wanting to rape & get intimate with your little children, coveting your territory heritage for himself while his stupid self is against innovative creative development of the society and acts like a lunatic with unintelligible trash? Imagine such rubbish? Of course such useless criminal lunatics need to be dealt with.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31
Straybullet:

It must hurt so bad that with all the blood letting mohammed and his followers perpetrated, they're struggling to gain the traction of a man that was a peasant, never had any organisation formed, and virtually unknown.

You must be wishing you had his secret as mohammeds warmongering is unable to match up...

Ok!
Thanks for the contribution.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 7:41pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:
Arianism, a Christological position in Christianity, was proposed by the Alexandrian presbyter Arius in the early 4th century. It emphasized that Jesus, as the Son of God, was created by God and gained popularity across the Eastern and Western Roman empires. However, it was declared a heresy by the Council of Nicaea in 325.

Beliefs of Arianism

Arianism is often viewed as a form of Unitarian theology that prioritizes God’s unity over the concept of the Trinity. Arius believed in the uniqueness of God as self-existent and immutable, contrasting this with the Son who was considered a created being without self-existence. This belief led to controversies regarding the nature and divinity of Jesus Christ.

The Council of Nicaea condemned Arius as a heretic and affirmed through a creed that the Son is “of one substance with the Father,” establishing orthodox Christian belief. Despite this, conflicts persisted for years, with various councils and emperors supporting different factions within Christianity.

@Gaskiyamagana,Explore2xmore,Sirtee15,Advocatejare,Dsinner,Tenq,Mightysparrow,Homesttalk21,Antiislam,Antichristian,MrPresident,Rightchannel,Kobojunkie, Greenholics,Malcolm10x

Arianism posits that God is one being and one person, not three distinct persons as in the traditional Christian understanding of the Trinity.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 7:51pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

Arianism posits that God is one being and one person, not three distinct persons as in the traditional Christian understanding of the Trinity.

Pls remove my name from your mentions about trinity until you explain the confusion of Tawhid.
Tawhid cannot make sense if I cannot worship the shin of Allah. How can the oneness of Allah be unique when some parts of him lacks divinity. That means the unique oneness of Allah is not homogeneous within his existence.
Your Allah is a composite god. A god with body parts. U even claimed in your previous post that the shin of Allah was created i.e Allah has created parts attached to him.
U digging yourself deeper in the mess created by Tawhid.

Pls don't ask me to explain trinity if U cannot explain Tawhid convincingly.
Thank U.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 8:10pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

Arians reject the divinity of Jesus but
Since you insist of adopting a heretical sect to judge Christianity, kindly answer these questions as truthfully as possible.
1. Is it true that in Arianism, Jesus Christ is seen as the first and greatest of God's creations, through whom God created the universe?
2. Is Arianism the correct version of monotheist Christianity of Jesus Christ?
3. Do you consider it right and okay for me to use the doctrine of the Ahmadiyya or Shia muslims to set the standard of faith for you Sunni Muslims?

Think before responding
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 8:31pm On Mar 31
Lawag3:

Oh you've got me😂 or so you think.

Then [Jesus] said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me?”
John 5:18
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

It is common knowledge that the Jews killed Jesus because he called God father and called himself God . By literally saying me and God are the same you've seen me you've seen God.

Bible > John > Chapter 14 > Verse 9
◄ John 14:9 ►
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "Am I with you so long a time, and you have not known Me, Philip? The one having seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

New King James Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

NASB 1995
Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father ‘?

NASB 1977
Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Legacy Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all so long and have you not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Amplified Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and you do not know Me yet, Philip, nor recognize clearly who I am? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time and you do not know me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, Show us the Father?

American Standard Version
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and dost thou not know me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how sayest thou, Show us the Father?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to him, “All this time I am with you and you have not known me Phillip? Whoever has seen me has seen The Father, and how do you say, 'Show us The Father'?”

Contemporary English Version
Jesus replied: Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?

Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also. How sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

English Revised Version
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and dost thou not know me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus replied, "I have been with all of you for a long time. Don't you know me yet, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Good News Translation
Jesus answered, "For a long time I have been with you all; yet you do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. Why, then, do you say, 'Show us the Father'?

International Standard Version
"Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me?" Jesus asked him. "The person who has seen me has seen the Father. So how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Literal Standard Version
Jesus says to him, “Such [a] long time am I with you, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; and how do you say, Show to us the Father?

Majority Standard Bible

New American Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

NET Bible
Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

New Revised Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Heart English Bible
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you all this time, and still you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?'

Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus saith to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me Philip? he that hath seen me, hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Weymouth New Testament
"Have I been so long among you," Jesus answered, "and yet you, Philip, do not know me? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How can *you* ask me, 'Cause us to see the Father'?

World English Bible
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

Young's Literal Translation
Jesus saith to him, 'So long time am I with you, and thou hast not known me, Philip? he who hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how dost thou say, Shew to us the Father?

Additional Translations ...
Audio Bible

Context
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
…8Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works.…
Berean Standard Bible · Download

Cross References
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:19
"Where is Your Father?" they asked Him. "You do not know Me or My Father," Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well."

And whoever sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

Colossians 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word. After He had provided purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true--in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Treasury of Scripture
Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

Have.

Mark 9:19
He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

he.

John 14:7,20
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him…

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

Jump to Previous
Jump to Next
John 14
1. Jesus comforts his disciples with the hope of heaven;
5. professes himself the way, the truth, and the life, and one with the Father;
13. assures their prayers to be effectual;
15. requires obedience;
16. promises the Comforter;
27. and leaves his peace with them

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(9) Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?--More exactly, . . . hast thou not recognised Me, as in John 14:7. Comp. the reference in John 14:8, from which it will be seen that Philip was one of the first-called disciples, and had occupied a prominent position in the band of Apostles. There is in our Lord's words a tone of sadness and of warning. They utter the loneliness of a holiness and greatness which is not understood. The close of life is at hand, and Philip, who had followed Him from the first, shows by this question that he did not even know what the work and purposes of that life had been. They speak to all Christian teachers, thinkers, workers. There is a possibility that men should be in the closest apparent nearness to Christ, and yet have never learnt the meaning of the words they constantly hear and utter; and have never truly known the purpose of Christ's life.
He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.--Comp. Note on John 14:7, and Philip's own answer to Nathanael, "Come and see" (John 1:46). The demand of Philip is one which is constantly being read, and the answer is one that constantly holds good. Men are ever thinking and saying, "Shew us the Father and it sufficeth us." "Give us something in religion upon which the soul can rest. We are weary of the doubts, and strifes, and dogmas which are too often called religion. We want something which can be real food for the soul. We cannot feed upon the husks which the swine do eat; and we believe that in the Father's house there is, even for the hired servants, bread enough and to spare. We are not irreligious, but we are impatient of what is put before us as religion. Give us truth! Give us life! Let it be free and open as the air of heaven, and we will gladly accept it, embrace it, live it." All this is the heart of the child seeking the presence of the Father. That Father has been manifested in the person of the Son. In the Life and Truth revealed in Him is the full revelation of God. In Him is the Bread of Life to satisfy every want of every man. He that hath seen Him hath seen the Father. How then can men say, Shew us the Father? (Comp. Note on John 12:44-45.) . . .

John 14:9 BibleApps.com
John 14:9 Biblia Paralela
John 14:9 Chinese Bible
John 14:9 French Bible
John 14:9 Catholic Bible

You could also Google this and translate into English.

So what's Mohammed promise of salvation to you Moslem.

In ancient Judaism, it was not uncommon for individuals to refer to God as their father. In fact, the Old Testament contains several instances of individuals addressing God as their father, such as in the book of Isaiah, where the prophet declares, “You, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name” (Isaiah 63:16). Therefore, the fact that Jesus called God his father was not inherently blasphemous or worthy of death according to Jewish law.

The narrative in the New Testament suggests that the Jewish religious leaders saw Jesus as a threat to their authority and sought to eliminate him through the Roman legal system. The high priest Caiaphas, in particular, is portrayed as the driving force behind Jesus' crucifixion. In the Gospel of John, Caiaphas is quoted as saying, "it is better for one man to die for the people than for the whole nation to perish" (John 11:50), indicating his willingness to sacrifice Jesus for the greater good of the Jewish community.

The passage in John 14:9-11 where Jesus states, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father,” does not necessarily imply a Trinitarian understanding. Rather, it emphasizes the unity between Jesus and the Father in purpose, character, and representation. It signifies that Jesus perfectly reflects the nature and will of God the Father, making Him the visible manifestation of the invisible God. This statement highlights their unity and oneness in essence rather than suggesting they are interchangeable or identical persons within a Trinitarian framework.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Lawag3: 8:42pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:

In ancient Judaism, it was not uncommon for individuals to refer to God as their father. In fact, the Old Testament contains several instances of individuals addressing God as their father, such as in the book of Isaiah, where the prophet declares, “You, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name” (Isaiah 63:16). Therefore, the fact that Jesus called God his father was not inherently blasphemous or worthy of death according to Jewish law.

The narrative in the New Testament suggests that the Jewish religious leaders saw Jesus as a threat to their authority and sought to eliminate him through the Roman legal system. The high priest Caiaphas, in particular, is portrayed as the driving force behind Jesus' crucifixion. In the Gospel of John, Caiaphas is quoted as saying, "it is better for one man to die for the people than for the whole nation to perish" (John 11:50), indicating his willingness to sacrifice Jesus for the greater good of the Jewish community.

The passage in John 14:9-11 where Jesus states, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father,” does not necessarily imply a Trinitarian understanding. Rather, it emphasizes the unity between Jesus and the Father in purpose, character, and representation. It signifies that Jesus perfectly reflects the nature and will of God the Father, making Him the visible manifestation of the invisible God. This statement highlights their unity and oneness in essence rather than suggesting they are interchangeable or identical persons within a Trinitarian framework.

What did they charge him with? Blasphemy right? How did he blaspheme not because he called himself king of the Jews that's not blasphemy not because he called himself Messiah . Many before Jesus claimed that title.

So if someone ask me where is Allah. Then I told that person as long as you've seen me you've seen Allah.

When he was ask to show them the father, Jesus replied[b] have I not been with you don't you know me[/b]

In other words Jesus was like why are you asking me to show you the father I'm right here with you.

This was Jesus reply

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by xproducer: 9:03pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:
Arianism, a Christological position in Christianity, was proposed by the Alexandrian presbyter Arius in the early 4th century. It emphasized that Jesus, as the Son of God, was created by God and gained popularity across the Eastern and Western Roman empires. However, it was declared a heresy by the Council of Nicaea in 325.

Beliefs of Arianism

Arianism is often viewed as a form of Unitarian theology that prioritizes God’s unity over the concept of the Trinity. Arius believed in the uniqueness of God as self-existent and immutable, contrasting this with the Son who was considered a created being without self-existence. This belief led to controversies regarding the nature and divinity of Jesus Christ.

The Council of Nicaea condemned Arius as a heretic and affirmed through a creed that the Son is “of one substance with the Father,” establishing orthodox Christian belief. Despite this, conflicts persisted for years, with various councils and emperors supporting different factions within Christianity.

@Gaskiyamagana,Explore2xmore,Sirtee15,Advocatejare,Dsinner,Tenq,Mightysparrow,Homesttalk21,Antiislam,Antichristian,MrPresident,Rightchannel,Kobojunkie, Greenholics,Malcolm10x

++++++++

"...Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism..." ??

Do true believers in CHRIST / GOD, Christians... ever do?!

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." - Ephesians 4:4-6

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James 2:19
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Mar 31
Ohyoudidnt:
■ In ancient Judaism, it was not uncommon for individuals to refer to God as their father. In fact, the Old Testament contains several instances of individuals addressing God as their father, such as in the book of Isaiah, where the prophet declares, “You, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name” (Isaiah 63:16). Therefore, the fact that Jesus called God his father was not inherently blasphemous or worthy of death according to Jewish law.
■ The narrative in the New Testament suggests that the Jewish religious leaders saw Jesus as a threat to their authority and sought to eliminate him through the Roman legal system. The high priest Caiaphas, in particular, is portrayed as the driving force behind Jesus' crucifixion. In the Gospel of John, Caiaphas is quoted as saying, "it is better for one man to die for the people than for the whole nation to perish" (John 11:50), indicating his willingness to sacrifice Jesus for the greater good of the Jewish community.
It was common for individuals or prophets.Which? undecided

2. undecided
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 9:44pm On Mar 31
Qasim6:

We only know about what Thallus wrote because Theophilus of Antioch quoted him around 180.
With the reputation of early Christian writers with forgeries, I'm not sure we can trust them since thallus work on Jesus did not survive.
Have U read Julius Africanus to understand the thalus statement in context?

Qasim6:

Mara bar Serapion only mentioned in a letter the execution of a certain wise king of the jew.
And there is uncertainty as to when he wrote the letter. It is dated between 73AD to before the 3rd century.

The forged testimonium flavianum still remain the earliest source because we know with certainty Josephus wrote in 93/94.
Good thing u learning about historicity of Jesus outside of the biblical narrative.
Read the letter of king abgar to emperor Tiberius for more historicity.

Qasim6:

Do you think Prophet Muhammad was forging the Bible when he did not go with Haman as an aide to Persian King and placed him as a chief of Pharaoh?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when he placed mount Judi rather than Mountains of Ararat as the resting place of Noah's ark?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when He did not make mistakes of calling Egyptian kings at the time Abraham and Joseph Pharaoh like the Bible did?

Do you think he was forging the Bible when he made a bold claim that the body of Pharaoh of Moses was preserved, mind you the bodies of the preserved Pharaohs were found in the 18th century.

It is the reputation of the Qur'an that make us trust the Qur'an 100%

Reputation or bondage to blind faith.
Explain to me how on earth could the Jews claim they killed their Messiah.
Yes your Koran wrote the Jews said they killed their Messiah. Explain how's that even possible?
Whoever wrote that surely doesn't know what he's talking about.

Qasim6:

Non of the story of Jesus you have is divine revelation, they are forgeries upon forgeries upon forgeries.

Like I said, it's the reputation of the Qur'an that make us trust it 100%
🥱🥱🥱🥱. What's divine revelation in telling us Jesus spoke at birth. Something we Christians read and rejected as unreliable. How can something well known be called divine revelation undecided
How can we believe Jesus spoke at birth when nobody said it or wrote about it for 100 years of christianity. None of the apostles mentioned it, Mary when alive didn't mention it, Jesus didn't preach it.
But somebody wrote about it in 150AD and attributed it to James.
We outrightly rejected it but unfortunately for U guys,
Muhammed put am for Koran, U guys have to accept it as true. Or U get choice ?

Qasim6:

I don't think Uzair is Ezra.

undecided undecided undecided
Says Qasim the nairaland islamic jurisprudence specialist.

The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allāh"; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allāh."

Surah 9.30

Oya start forging your own explanation to cover up the embarrassment in the Koran since U know better than Arabic linguistic experts.

Anyway whoever U come up with, tell me when Jews started calling him the son of God.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 9:57pm On Mar 31
Qasim6:

I will be glad, I have been looking for that Christain that will tell me when Jesus made the Arabs rejoice and sing for joy.

Ok, Let's start with verse 1 and then move. I'm sure U will gas out b4 we get to that favourite verse U desperate for.

Isaiah 42
“Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,

Show me how this verse relates to Muhammed. Show me where Muhammed or Koran or hadiths ever said your prophet had the spirit of God inside him.
Do U even believe in the spirit of God as described in the bible- pls I'm not talking about trinity, don't go there.

Meanwhile see the Arabs beautiful kids singing to Jesus.
What a lovely sight to behold.
Obviously some people thought all arabs are Muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Elijah John The Baptist? / @habiolah; Your Creator Has Opened The Vista Of Success To You. Accept Guidance. / Ooman's Pseudoscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.