Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism (2321 Views)

How Christianity Is Supporting MONEY RITUAL! / How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 11:40am On Apr 01
TenQ:
Mr Ohyoudidnt

For the avoidance of miscommunication, here are the questions

Again :
Arians reject the divinity of Jesus but
Since you insist of adopting a heretical sect to judge Christianity, kindly answer these questions as truthfully as possible.
1. Is it true that in Arianism, Jesus Christ is seen as the first and greatest of God's creations, through whom God created the universe?
2. Is Arianism the correct version of monotheist Christianity of Jesus Christ?
3. Do you consider it right and okay for me to use the doctrine of the Ahmadiyya or Shia muslims to set the standard of faith for you Sunni Muslims?

Think before responding

4. Can you show with evidence a single Christian doctrine that asserts two or more distinct God's (Different from the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit being the same God)?
5. Is it untrue that Even your Allah says we Christians assert that Allah is the Messiah and not Jesus is a second or third Allah
Qur'an 5:72
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

6. If Allah is the Messiah, who then is the partner with Allah?

Islam has nothing to stand up upon except falsehood, this is why to answer simple questions is impossible for you.

I promise you no further response UNTIL you answer truthfully Each of my SIX Questions here

1. Arians see Jesus as the greatest of all creation. By Arianism, Jesus is considered the first and highest of all created beings, but not God Himself.

2. Define monotheist Christianity? Is there Polytheist Christianity? I understand monotheism.

3. In as much as you have no issues using Catholic or Jehovah witness views. However the sects you mention have been used by you covertly by depending on a wide variety on different types of hadith.

4. Your question indeed is a misnomer. How can you say a Unitary God is made of 3 separate entities? Is there not a contradiction or paradox?

How do you explain an essential unitary God that is a plurality in persons?

5. Again like the Pharisee priests you aim to distort the scripture. Your statement is false as the translation of the meaning of that verse is
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِیْنَ قَالُوْۤا اِنَّ اللّٰهَ هُوَ الْمَسِیْحُ ابْنُ مَرْیَمَ١ؕ وَ قَالَ الْمَسِیْحُ یٰبَنِیْۤ اِسْرَآءِیْلَ اعْبُدُوا اللّٰهَ رَبِّیْ وَ رَبَّكُمْ١ؕ اِنَّهٗ مَنْ یُّشْرِكْ بِاللّٰهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللّٰهُ عَلَیْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَ مَاْوٰىهُ النَّارُ١ؕ وَ مَا لِلظّٰلِمِیْنَ مِنْ اَنْصَارٍ

Muhammad Pickthall

They surely disbelieve who say: LolAllah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

-Saheeh International
They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

Yusuf Ali
They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
Quran5:72

6. Is there a question as you have confidently lied that Allah is the Messiah. May Allah forbid
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 11:42am On Apr 01
TenQ:

This is what you get for misrepresenting me as a guise of escaping direct question

Coward. Even behind the internet cover you can't say? A big pity
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 11:47am On Apr 01
Qasim6:

I'm sure you did not look up those verses, the least you could do is to look up those verses so you won't embarrass yourself badly.

I know how badly you want to show errors in the Qur'an to save face with the errors of the Bible.

the Qur'an y'all claim was copied from the Bible, somehow avoid the errors there in.
I know Christainity is a blind faith religion, but at least muster some strength to use your cognitive skill once in a while.

Who was the first Muslim according to Qur'an?

Option 1. Muhammed
Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him).
Quran 39:11-12
He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him).
Quran 6:163

Option 2. Noah
And if you turn away [from my advice] then no payment have I asked of you. My reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims."
Quran 10:72

Option 3. Lot and his family
And We found not within them other than a [single] house of Muslims.
Quran 51:36

Option 3 Abraham
And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah. He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.
Quran 22:78

Option 4. The disciples of Jesus
And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee) "we are muslims"
Quran 5:111

Option 5. Moses
When Moses came at the appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he asked, “My Lord! Reveal Yourself to me so I may see You.” Allah answered, “You cannot see Me! But look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, only then will you see Me.” When his Lord appeared to the mountain, He levelled it to dust and Moses collapsed unconscious. When he recovered, he cried, “Glory be to You! I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers
Quran 7.143

Choose only one option. Note there's negative marking- guessing is frowned upon in theology.
If U don't know, say U don't know

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On Apr 01
Dsimmer:
∆ The death and resurrection was for mercy to abound for everyone hence why he's called the Lamb. That was why the veil split. However, it doesn't mean one should continue to do evil because you will reap it if you don't change your evil ways.
These are all part of the ridiculous ideas culled from religion -- lies -- i am afraid. undecided
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 12:28pm On Apr 01
Qasim6:

Here is my servant, whom I uphold

I don't think I need to show you how Muhammad is a servant/slave of God.
You all know how we Muslims pride ourselves as servant/slave of God.
The word translated as servant in that verse "abdi" which is the the same Arabic word abd.

The question is are you christains comfortable with calling Jesus servant/slave of God?

My chosen one in whom I delight

One of the well known title of Prophet Muhammad in Islamic tradition is Al-Mustapha (the chosen one)

He is the chosen one in the sense that He is the seal of Prophethood.

He is the only Prophet sent to all mankind, other prophets before him were only sent to some localities.

I will put my spirit upon him

Ibn Ezra who was a Jewish commentator said This means a 'Prophetic Spirit' which means this chosen one will be a prophet.

Numbers 11:29 But Moses replied, “Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD’s people were prophets and that the LORD would put his Spirit on them!”

Q 16:2 He (Allah) sends down the angels with the Spirit by His command, upon whom He wills of His servants: “Give warning that there is no god but Me, and fear Me.”

Q 16:102 Say, “The Holy Spirit has brought it down from your Lord, truthfully, in order to stabilise those who believe, and as guidance and good news for those who submit.”

Stop all these intellectual dishonesty. I'm not interested in any vague interpretation.

There different spirits mentioned in the bible including spirit of wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel.
There's also unclean spirit and spirit of evil.

Isaiah 42 is talking about spirit of God. The manifestation of the spirit of God empowers a prophet to prophecy and speak for God.
Go back and read the numbers 11 U quoted starting from v 24.

Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.

The Koranic verses U brought here mentioned a spirit accompanying an angel. Whose spirit? Did it rest on Muhammed?
Angels don't have the holy spirit. They are spiritual beings themselves and bible called them ministering spirits.

The 2nd verse mentioned holy spirit. As far as I'm aware in islam, the holy spirit is angel Gabriel. So don't know how that relates. Isaiah 42 is not talking about angel Gabriel.

Pls bring an explicit statement that said the spirit of God rested on Muhammed. Not someone sending an unknown spirit thru an angel.
One of the problem christians have with Muhammed prophethood is that there's no evidence he spoke to God directly nor did the spirit of God rest on him. So how did he receive his revelations?

We don't have a problem with Jesus being servant of God. Peter confirmed Jesus to be servant of God.
Read about hypostasis union.

Acts 3
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Onyedikachi231: 12:31pm On Apr 01
SIRTee15:

Option 1. Muhammed
Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him).
He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him).

Option 2. Noah
And if you turn away [from my advice] then no payment have I asked of you. My reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims."

Option 3 Abraham
And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah. He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.

And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee) "we are muslims"

Option 5. Moses
When Moses came at the appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he asked, “My Lord! Reveal Yourself to me so I may see You.” Allah answered, “You cannot see Me! But look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, only then will you see Me.” When his Lord appeared to the mountain, He levelled it to dust and Moses collapsed unconscious. When he recovered, he cried, “Glory be to You! I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers
Quran 7.143

Choose only one option. Note there's negative marking- guessing is frowned upon in theology.

Where was I, hope this argument is still on
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 1:13pm On Apr 01
Qasim6:

Have checked the Talmud?
They were saying that in a derogatory manner, not that they truly believe Jesus is the messiah

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Of course, U have read the bible and Talmud plus historical knowledge to know it's stupid for Jews to have killed their Messiah.

My friend, show me where it says in your Koran that the Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah.

Abi is this not your Koran affirming Israelites believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

They surely disbelieve who say: Lol Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

Messiah was mentioned 11 times in your Koran, no where was it mentioned as a form or mockery or ridicule.
According to the Koran, Jesus was given the name Messiah from birth. That means his mum was meant to call him Messiah while growing up. What absurdity.
I can imagine Mary going about in Galilee telling people the name of her son messiah undecided undecided I doubt she will last a day b4 being stoned to death for blasphemy.

[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allāh gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allāh].

Whoever wrote your Koran either Muhammed or Allah goofed big time about Messiah. He had no idea what Messiah even meant.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 2:46pm On Apr 01
Islam has nothing to stand up upon except falsehood, this is why to answer simple questions is impossible for you.

You never surprise me one bit. You will be asked a question BUT you will answer your own prefered questions.
Ohyoudidnt:

1. Arians see Jesus as the greatest of all creation. By Arianism, Jesus is considered the first and highest of all created beings, but not God Himself.
I did not ask you if the Arians beleive that Jesus is God.
My Question was:
1. Is it true that in Arianism, Jesus Christ is seen as the first and greatest of God's creations, through whom God created the universe?

Again: Is it TRUE the Arians teach that Jesus is the means by which God created the Universe?

Ohyoudidnt:

2. Define monotheist Christianity? Is there Polytheist Christianity? I understand monotheism.
You were the one who started with how Christians Derailed from Monotheism : specifically ("How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism"wink

According to you, are Arians not practicing the monotheism from which the mainstream Christians derailed?
So, if you do not understand the phrase "monotheist Christianity", too bad.

Again the Question was:

According to you, Are the Arians the correct version of Christianity? Its just a Yes or No answer!

Ohyoudidnt:

3. In as much as you have no issues using Catholic or Jehovah witness views. However the sects you mention have been used by you covertly by depending on a wide variety on different types of hadith.
Can you show me one Tafsir or Hadith or Sirah of the Shia or Ahmadiyya I have ever used for you or anyone on Nairaland?
Al-Kafi By Abu Jafar; Muhammad Ibn Ya’kub Kulayni.
Man la Yahduru l Faqih By Abu Jafar; Muhammad Ibn Ali (Sheikh Saduq).
Tahdhib al-Ahkam By Abu Jafar; Muhammad Ibn Hassan (Sheikh Tusi).
Istibsar By Abu Jafar; Muhammad Ibn Hassan (Sheikh Tusi).

Have I accidentally used any of these four books for you?

If you cant find on, kindly respond to my question.
My Question:
3. Do you consider it right and okay for me to use the doctrine of the Ahmadiyya or Shia muslims to set the standard of faith for you Sunni Muslims?

The answer is either it is right or it is not right....

Ohyoudidnt:

4. Your question indeed is a misnomer. How can you say a Unitary God is made of 3 separate entities? Is there not a contradiction or paradox?

How do you explain an essential unitary God that is a plurality in persons?
Your ability to box your God into the similitude of a unitary stone or house or item is beyond comprehension.
This is the limitation of your Taoheed: it is impossible for your Allah to be Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent.

Here is the answer to your question again!
https://www.nairaland.com/8013043/muslims-oblivious-serious-flaws-taoheed/24#129074956
https://www.nairaland.com/8013043/muslims-oblivious-serious-flaws-taoheed/24#129075282

However, this wasn't my Question you answered:
My Question was:
4. Can you show with evidence a single Christian doctrine that asserts two or more distinct God's (Different from the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit being the same God)?

Except as usual of your strawman strategies, it shouldn't be difficult to find some evidence against Christians.

Ohyoudidnt:

5. Again like the Pharisee priests you aim to distort the scripture. Your statement is false as the translation of the meaning of that verse is
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِیْنَ قَالُوْۤا اِنَّ اللّٰهَ هُوَ الْمَسِیْحُ ابْنُ مَرْیَمَ١ؕ وَ قَالَ الْمَسِیْحُ یٰبَنِیْۤ اِسْرَآءِیْلَ اعْبُدُوا اللّٰهَ رَبِّیْ وَ رَبَّكُمْ١ؕ اِنَّهٗ مَنْ یُّشْرِكْ بِاللّٰهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللّٰهُ عَلَیْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَ مَاْوٰىهُ النَّارُ١ؕ وَ مَا لِلظّٰلِمِیْنَ مِنْ اَنْصَارٍ

Muhammad Pickthall

They surely disbelieve who say: Lol Allah is the Messiah , son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

-Saheeh International
They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah , the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.

Yusuf Ali
They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
Quran5:72
It seems your problem is lack of comprehendsion of simple English Language
My Question was:
5. Is it untrue that Even your Allah says we Christians assert that Allah is the Messiah and not Jesus is a second or third Allah?

And I quoted the Quran
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! [color=red]Allah is the Messiah,
son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
[/color]

Pardon me sir: Who are those who Allah claim that Allah is the Messiah, ?

Ohyoudidnt:

6. Is there a question as you have confidently lied that Allah is the Messiah. May Allah forbid
I hope you have corrected your English language comprehension: if you have done so,
The Question Again:
6. If Allah is the Messiah (according to the christians), who then is the partner with Allah?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 2:47pm On Apr 01
Lawag3:

Ok still doesn't change the fact Jesus called himself God. A man cannot behold God In all his glory and live. But Jesus is God he became a man a human being. And you can't die from just looking at the face of a person.

You don't understand do you. Let me act it out for you.

Philip: Jesus please show me the father

Jesus: have I not been with you this whole time and yet you don't know who I am. Any one who have seen the father have seen me so why are you asking me to show you the father?

So let me break it down for you. Jesus answered the question with a question he was like don't you know who I am this question is key here Philip was asking Jesus to show him God and Jesus don't you know who I am? In other words don't you know I am God. If you've seen me you've seen God showing him and God are One and the same.

Also keep in mind the kind of question Philip asked he wanted to see God so all you mumble jumble about essence and purpose doesn't hold water. Jesus then told him when you see me you have seen the father.

I know you know how to read and you're not dumb . Don't misinterpret the Bible.

What's even your bases of your conclusion

Why does John's Gospel alone say so amongst the Gospels?

In the Synoptic Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus does not explicitly refer to himself as God. Instead, he primarily focuses on teachings about God, the Kingdom of God, and living in accordance with God’s will. However, in the Gospel of John, Jesus makes several statements that imply his divine nature.

Interpretations of biblical verses vary regarding whether these statements signify literal divinity or metaphorical unity with God. It is most likely that it is metaphorical as Jesus acknowledges the father sent him and is greater than him.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 2:54pm On Apr 01
Ohyoudidnt:

Coward. Even behind the internet cover you can't say? A big pity
The Coward is the one who cannot give straight answers to questions directed at his faith but will rather choose to answer his own convenient question.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 3:10pm On Apr 01
TenQ:

My Question was:

Again: Is it TRUE the Arians teach that Jesus is the means by which God created the Universe?

Going with the argument you are bringing what essence is Jesus being the greatest or the one through which creation was done? Does it make him equal to God or co-divine with God?

TenQ:

Really. Do you see the lie of your 1 is 3 and 3 is 1? What abstract mathematics is this?

TenQ:

You were the one who started with how Christians Derailed from Monotheism : specifically ("How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism"wink

According to you, are Arians not practicing the monotheism from which the mainstream Christians derailed?
So, if you do not understand the phrase "monotheist Christianity", too bad.

Again the Question was:

Yes I say Christians derailed from Monotheism. I put the difference with Arianism on purpose because regardless of the honour they give Jesus they don't commit excesses by equating Jesus with God.

I know monotheism and a monotheist but don't understand the phrase monotheist christianity but ask you if there is polytheist christianity. You should have the other if the former exists?

TenQ:

And I quoted the Quran
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
[/color]

Pardon me sir: Who are those who Allah claim that Allah is the Messiah, ?

I hope you have corrected your English language comprehension: if you have done so,
The Question Again:
6. If Allah is the Messiah (according to the christians), who then is the partner with Allah?

In saying Allah is the Messiah the Christian and those who say such have partnered Allah with the messiah. May Allah forbid.

So is the trinity belief of Christianity monotheism?

2. Why did the followers of Jesus allegedly form a new religion despite Jesus asking they obey the priests in the scripture but not their ways? Did the priests not practice Judaism?

Where did Jesus disagree or disaprove Judaism?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 3:12pm On Apr 01
TenQ:

The Coward is the one who cannot give straight answers to questions directed at his faith but will rather choose to answer his own convenient question.

Really. I believe it's the one who's questions are so voluminous and constricted it's difficult to keep it short and simple.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01
SIRTee15:

Option 1. Muhammed

Option 2. Noah

Option 3 Abraham

Option 5. Moses
Quran 7.143

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Muslim simply means one who submit to God.
The reason we always claim all Prophets are Muslims.
Except you want to tell me all those people those verses mentioned did not submit to God.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 3:43pm On Apr 01
Ohyoudidnt:

Really. I believe it's the one who's questions are so voluminous and constricted it's difficult to keep it short and simple.
When a person is so dull to comprehend simple truths, there is tendency to explain and re-explain using all forms of parables and illustrations.

But what do you do if the metal capacity of a person is below reason?

This is what is called Spiritual Blindness!
A blind person sees nothing even when ALL the Light is beamed around him!
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 4:04pm On Apr 01
SIRTee15:

Of course, U have read the bible and Talmud plus historical knowledge to know it's stupid for Jews to have killed their Messiah.

My friend, show me where it says in your Koran that the Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah.

Abi is this not your Koran affirming Israelites believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

They surely disbelieve who say: Lol Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.

Messiah was mentioned 11 times in your Koran, no where was it mentioned as a form or mockery or ridicule.
According to the Koran, Jesus was given the name Messiah from birth. That means his mum was meant to call him Messiah while growing up. What absurdity.
I can imagine Mary going about in Galilee telling people the name of her son messiah undecided undecided I doubt she will last a day b4 being stoned to death for blasphemy.

[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allāh gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allāh].

Whoever wrote your Koran either Muhammed or Allah goofed big time about Messiah. He had no idea what Messiah even meant.

Calm down

I wanted to type 'Have you checked the Talmud? '

In the Talmud they make fun of Jesus virgin birth, they reject him as the messiah and maintain he was rightly killed for blasphemy and for practicing sorcery he learned from Egypt.

In addition
a crucified messiah is an oxymoron to them. Because the prophecies about the messiah did not say anything about him getting killed.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 4:08pm On Apr 01
Ohyoudidnt:

Going with the argument you are bringing what essence is Jesus being the greatest or the one through which creation was done? Does it make him equal to God or co-divine with God?
Why are you this dull?
Again: Do you agree with the Arian doctrine that Jesus was used by God to create EVERYTHING in the Universe?

Ohyoudidnt:

Really. Do you see the lie of your 1 is 3 and 3 is 1? What abstract mathematics is this?
Since you brought mathematics/science absurdity into this:
Is an Electron a Particle or a Wave?
Please I need a clear answer?

Ohyoudidnt:

Yes I say Christians derailed from Monotheism. I put the difference with Arianism on purpose because regardless of the honour they give Jesus they don't commit excesses by equating Jesus with God.
But you also agree with them that Jesus is the Creator of Everything (as a servant of God)?

Ohyoudidnt:

I know monotheism and a monotheist but don't understand the phrase monotheist christianity but ask you if there is polytheist christianity. You should have the other if the former exists?
You are the one confusing yourself because the Christian God is ONE

As ONE: He could be in the Heaven and on the Earth and Everywhere at the same time simply because He is God.
We call Him the Father, We call Him the Word and we call Him the Holy Spirit

How can one explain "color Red" to a man born blind?

Ohyoudidnt:

In saying Allah is the Messiah the Christian and those who say such have partnered Allah with the messiah. May Allah forbid.
It is a logical problem
Is this logically true : If A=B, then B=A

If Allah = Messiah, is it true that Messiah =Allah?

So, who then is the partner of Allah or who is the partner of Messiah?

Ohyoudidnt:

So is the trinity belief of Christianity monotheism?
Perfect Monotheism where God is Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.

Of course, we have demonstrated clearly to you from your Quran and Hadiths how Allah is neither Omnipresent, Omniscient nor Omnipresent.

Ohyoudidnt:

2. Why did the followers of Jesus allegedly form a new religion despite Jesus asking they obey the priests in the scripture but not their ways? Did the priests not practice Judaism?
If it is true that Jesus commanded his followers to follow Judaism, then
Are you saying that Judaism is the religion of Allah?

Ohyoudidnt:

Where did Jesus disagree or disaprove Judaism?
There is no religion called Judaism in the whole Bible: Judaism is simply Jewish faith

This is why your prophet did not give their religion a name but a Tribe!
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 5:20pm On Apr 01
TenQ:

Why are you this dull?
Again: Do you agree with the Arian doctrine that Jesus was used by God to create EVERYTHING in the Universe?

Since you brought mathematics/science absurdity into this:
Is an Electron a Particle or a Wave?
Please I need a clear answer?

But you also agree with them that Jesus is the Creator of Everything (as a servant of God)?

You are the one confusing yourself because the Christian God is ONE

As ONE: He could be in the Heaven and on the Earth and Everywhere at the same time simply because He is God.
We call Him the Father, We call Him the Word and we call Him the Holy Spirit

How can one explain "color Red" to a man born blind?

It is a logical problem
Is this logically true : If A=B, then B=A

If Allah = Messiah, is it true that Messiah =Allah?

So, who then is the partner of Allah or who is the partner of Messiah?

Perfect Monotheism where God is Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.

Of course, we have demonstrated clearly to you from your Quran and Hadiths how Allah is neither Omnipresent, Omniscient nor Omnipresent.

If it is true that Jesus commanded his followers to follow Judaism, then
Are you saying that Judaism is the religion of Allah?

There is no religion called Judaism in the whole Bible: Judaism is simply Jewish faith

This is why your prophet did not give their religion a name but a Tribe!

Thank you. I am very dull so why are you trying to keep a reasonable conversation with me?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Dsimmer: 5:24pm On Apr 01
Kobojunkie:
You don't seem to clearly grasp the Law which you speak of. Mercy is not defined within any of the Laws, not even Jesus Christ— He too is a Law. So for you to continue to insist that one of God's Laws is devoid of mercy while you assert that the other Law is of mercy makes no sense of any kind. undecided

As I previously stated, Jesus represent the law however, he also represent mercy. The law has no mercy thus why Jesus had to die, thus he fulfilled the law by dying. However, he obtained mercy because he was also resurrected.

Since Jesus obtained mercy by his resurrection despite being a representative of the sinner on the cross, it means mercy abounds for everyone. However, it doesn't mean one should continue to do evil. That was why Paul who often loved talking about God's grace also added that "we can't continue in sin yet expect grace to abound".
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 5:35pm On Apr 01
SIRTee15:

Stop all these intellectual dishonesty. I'm not interested in any vague interpretation.

There different spirits mentioned in the bible including spirit of wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel.
There's also unclean spirit and spirit of evil.

Isaiah 42 is talking about spirit of God. The manifestation of the spirit of God empowers a prophet to prophecy and speak for God.
Go back and read the numbers 11 U quoted starting from v 24.

Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.

The Koranic verses U brought here mentioned a spirit accompanying an angel. Whose spirit? Did it rest on Muhammed?
Angels don't have the holy spirit. They are spiritual beings themselves and bible called them ministering spirits.

The 2nd verse mentioned holy spirit. As far as I'm aware in islam, the holy spirit is angel Gabriel. So don't know how that relates. Isaiah 42 is not talking about angel Gabriel.

Pls bring an explicit statement that said the spirit of God rested on Muhammed. Not someone sending an unknown spirit thru an angel.
One of the problem christians have with Muhammed prophethood is that there's no evidence he spoke to God directly nor did the spirit of God rest on him. So how did he receive his revelations?

We don't have a problem with Jesus being servant of God. Peter confirmed Jesus to be servant of God.
Read about hypostasis union.

Acts 3
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.”

A Christian talking about intellectual dishonesty.

If that interpretation is vague to you, then you need to check yourself.

I showed how God putting his spirit on him simply means the chosen servant will be a prophet.

I showed you a Bible verse and a Qur'an verse that attest to that. What else do you want?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by TenQ: 7:44pm On Apr 01
Ohyoudidnt:

Thank you. I am very dull so why are you trying to keep a reasonable conversation with me?
Because smartness is not a requirement for entering paradise, knowing the TRUTH and abiding in it is!

Me as long as I live will speak of the Truth of Gods plan of salvation for your soul. I will NOY be guilty of the SOul of any Muslim I come in contact with.

BTW!
My statement of question: Why are you this dull?
Is not supposed to be an insult but an exclamation to the fact that the same question has been repeated so many times YET you (either deliberately or ignorantly) answered different question.

The Original Question was:
Later modified to:
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 7:48pm On Apr 01
In understanding the theological differences between Arianism and Trinitarian Christianity, it becomes apparent that Arianism is indeed closer to monotheism than Trinitarian Christianity. This distinction arises from the core beliefs of each doctrine regarding the nature of God and Jesus Christ.

Arianism emphasizes the oneness of God in a more direct manner compared to Trinitarian Christianity. In Arian theology, God the Father is considered the sole eternal deity, while Jesus Christ is viewed as a created being, albeit divine in nature. This perspective aligns closely with traditional monotheistic beliefs that uphold the unity and singularity of God without incorporating complex notions of a triune nature.

One of the key tenets of Arianism is the subordination of Jesus Christ to God the Father. According to Arian doctrine, Jesus is distinct from and subordinate to God, implying a hierarchical relationship within the divine realm. This hierarchical structure reinforces the idea of a singular supreme deity (God the Father) with a subordinate divine entity (Jesus), reinforcing monotheistic principles.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 7:50pm On Apr 01
In contrast, Trinitarian Christianity posits the existence of three co-equal persons within the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. While still maintaining monotheistic beliefs, Trinitarian doctrine introduces a complex unity within God’s nature, encompassing three distinct persons in one essence.

Arianism’s emphasis on the supremacy and singularity of God aligns more closely with traditional monotheistic principles than Trinitarian Christianity, which introduces a triune concept of deity. By highlighting the subordination of Jesus and maintaining a clear hierarchy within divinity, Arianism presents a theological framework that resonates more directly with classical monotheistic views.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Janosky: 10:43pm On Apr 01
Kobojunkie:
Look, the major problem with all of what is known as Christianity, even from its beginnings, is Jesus Christ who drew the line in the sand, not only when He disavowed religious leaders/authorities in addition to their many doctrines, beginning with those of His time. How can the same Jesus Christ considered to be in support of religion when He declared it instead of the antiChrist — lies?

In addition to that, Jesus Christ declared that He was sent only to the Lost Sheep of Isreal, by His Father, YHWH of Israel. He went ahead to warn His disciples not to give that which belongs to the Lost sheep of Israel to the dogs — Non-Israelites— Matthew 7 vs 6 & Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24. He explained in John 3 vs 14 - 18 & Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 that the World which He came to was the very same world to which God caused the bronze Snake to be raised in the desert up to — the condemned ones among Israel aka the Lost sheep of Israel(Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31). How then could the same Jesus Christ, who declared that His Word was everlasting — Unchangeable, the same yesterday, today, and forever — be associated in any way or form with a religion largely founded by non-Israelites? No be Juju be that! undecided

So, OP, your argument when put up against that which is Scripture fails from the get-go. So long as dogs and religion are involved, it has no part with that stated by the God of Israel —YHWH— and neither Jesus Christ Himself! undecided
I have 2 questions for you:
Kobojunkie,
Is your own Jesus Christ the God of Israel?

Is your own Jesus Christ a servant of the God of Israel?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Janosky: 10:54pm On Apr 01
SIRTee15:

The problem with Muslims apologetics and also atheist is u guys don't understand Christianity and U don't care to research about it.
All U do is parrot ignorant statements passed around in our mosques or on internet.
Now if I ask U what is the trinity as defined and established by the council of nicea, U will fail woefully. The creed is online for all to see but if I ask U to define the trinity in creed, na something else U go talk.

The trinity in the Nicene creed is exactly as taught by Jesus and exactly what is in the old and new testament. Nothing was removed or added..
Matthew 27:46 on earth Jesus said "my God, my God".
Revelation 3:12, in heaven, Jesus said "my God".
Did Jesus teach Trinity?
Is Jesus Christ a Trinitarian?

SIRTee15:

You are the one with a problem.
U don't believe in arainism because the theology declared jesus is divine, so debating it with U is useless.

If arianism claim that " Jesus is divine ".

Why do Trinitarians label Arianism "heretic" ?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 11:39pm On Apr 01
Qasim6:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Muslim simply means one who submit to God.
The reason we always claim all Prophets are Muslims.
Except you want to tell me all those people those verses mentioned did not submit to God.

u not answering my question. who was the first muslim? Muhammed claimed he was the first muslim but others has been calling themselves muslims before him. Moses also said he was the first muslim.
So I'm throwing the question at u. clarify the contradiction...who was the first muslim.

Moses
When Moses came at the appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he asked, “My Lord! Reveal Yourself to me so I may see You.” Allah answered, “You cannot see Me! But look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, only then will you see Me.” When his Lord appeared to the mountain, He levelled it to dust and Moses collapsed unconscious. When he recovered, he cried, “Glory be to You! I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers ”
Quran 7.143

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 11:57pm On Apr 01
Ohyoudidnt:
In contrast, Trinitarian Christianity posits the existence of three co-equal persons within the Godhead: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. While still maintaining monotheistic beliefs, Trinitarian doctrine introduces a complex unity within God’s nature, encompassing three distinct persons in one essence.

Arianism’s emphasis on the supremacy and singularity of God aligns more closely with traditional monotheistic principles than Trinitarian Christianity, which introduces a triune concept of deity. By highlighting the subordination of Jesus and maintaining a clear hierarchy within divinity, Arianism presents a theological framework that resonates more directly with classical monotheistic views.

Is the shin of Allah one with Allah?
why dont u clarify the confusion with your composite Allah b4 delving into what u dont understand.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 1:04am On Apr 02
SIRTee15:

Is the shin of Allah one with Allah?
why dont u clarify the confusion with your composite Allah b4 delving into what u dont understand.

The shin is interpreted metaphorically to represent the unveiling of hidden truths and realities on the Day of Judgment. Alll will be made bare and the insincere will be unable to bow to Allah

In our state on earth we can not fathom, comprehend or describe Allah. HE has no face, shin, head, legs or eyes. He is beyond our imagination.
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Kobojunkiee: 3:06am On Apr 02
Janosky:
I have 2 questions for you: Kobojunkie, Is your own Jesus Christ the God of Israel? Is your own Jesus Christ a servant of the God of Israel?
Is this some sort of mental problem for you? We have had similar conversations in the past with you bolting before the end. My question at this point is are you certain you are alright at all? If this is some dementia or Alzheimer's trick, warn your mind so it knows to avoid me the next time you think to come at me with these utter stewpid questions of yours. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/8019021/jehovah-witnesses-believe-god-speaks#128760867
For the umpteenth time, Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 declared Himself God over all those who are of the Kingdom of God. He said He is the Judge and Ruler to determine the end for every one of those who are born-again — the eternal fate of all goats and sheep is in His Hands. He is God over them all. . So why do you need Him to First have to say "I am God in the Kingdom of God" before you even realize the place He occupies over the lives(and souls) of those who submit to becoming part of a Kingdom that belongs to Him? This ain't rocket science for Pete's sake! No other human or angel can lay claim to such power of authority over other beings. No other human or angel being has ever been written as occupying such a place over the eternal realities of other human beings. undecided

Assuming you are even born-again, how could you not have realized this basic fact at this point? How in the world can you claim to be a believer in Jesus Christ yet not realize the weight of His status as Lord and God over the very life of anyone who enters into His Kingdom?
What are you doing claiming you believe in Jesus Christ and His Kingdom if you don't even realize this basic fact of it all? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Qasim6(m): 7:04am On Apr 02
SIRTee15:

u not answering my question. who was the first muslim? Muhammed claimed he was the first muslim but others has been calling themselves muslims before him. Moses also said he was the first muslim.
So I'm throwing the question at u. clarify the contradiction...who was the first muslim.

Moses
When Moses came at the appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he asked, “My Lord! Reveal Yourself to me so I may see You.” Allah answered, “You cannot see Me! But look at the mountain. If it remains firm in its place, only then will you see Me.” When his Lord appeared to the mountain, He levelled it to dust and Moses collapsed unconscious. When he recovered, he cried, “Glory be to You! I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers ”
Quran 7.143

Do the verses say any of Prophet Muhammad or Prophet Musa is the first Muslim among mankind?

All prophets are to be an example to the people they are calling to the message of God, so they are supposed to be the first to believe before calling others to what they believe in.

Abraham was the first to believe in his time before inviting others. Q 2:131

Moses was the first to believe in his time before calling others. Q 7:143

Muhammad was asked to be the first to believe before inviting others. Q 6:14
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by Ohyoudidnt: 7:10am On Apr 02
Kobojunkiee:
Is this some sort of mental problem for you? We have had similar conversations in the past with you bolting before the end. My question at this point is are you certain you are alright at all? If this is some dementia or Alzheimer's trick, warn your mind so it knows to avoid me the next time you think to come at me with these utter stewpid questions of yours. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/8019021/jehovah-witnesses-believe-god-speaks#128760867
For the umpteenth time, Jesus Christ in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 declared Himself God over all those who are of the Kingdom of God. He said He is the Judge and Ruler to determine the end for every one of those who are born-again — the eternal fate of all goats and sheep is in His Hands. He is God over them all. . So why do you need Him to First have to say "I am God in the Kingdom of God" before you even realize the place He occupies over the lives(and souls) of those who submit to becoming part of a Kingdom that belongs to Him? This ain't rocket science for Pete's sake! No other human or angel can lay claim to such power of authority over other beings. No other human or angel being has ever been written as occupying such a place over the eternal realities of other human beings.

Really? Did Jesus actually declare himself God? That he is established as ruler and Judge on earth doesn't make him God.

The ruler of Egypt in the time of Moses also judged and ruled but that didn't make him God. He may have tried to assume such status but never was he equal to God.

Be cautious of your translations or understanding besides he still referred to himself as the son of Man.

Is this a case of repeating a previous folly?
Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 9:53am On Apr 02
Qasim6:

How many times do we need to nail it to your heads that Quran is the word of God and not Muhammad's

What information do you guys have from the original Apostles and Mary?

You rejected books that were written in 150AD but you believe gospel of John that was written around 110AD, you are a Joker!

Gospel of John was written in the first century, stop confabulating.
Scholars date it to 90AD, no scholar put it at 110 AD.

We know this because the writer John the apostle died 99 AD in his early 90s. He was the youngest of the
disciples of Jesus so it's no surprise he lived into the late first century AD.
How do we know John wrote the gospel of John?
because we have the muratorian fragment that confirmed this.

The fourth Gospel is that of John, one of the disciples. When his fellow-disciples and bishops entreated him, he said, “Fast ye now with me for the space of three days, and let us recount to each other whatever may be revealed to each of us.” On the same night it was revealed to Andrew, one of the apostles, that John should narrate all things in his own name as they called them to mind.

What marvel is it, then, that John brings forward these several things so constantly in his epistles also, saying in his own person, “What we have seen with our eyes, and heard with our ears, and our hands have handled, that have we written.” For thus he professes himself to be not only the eye-witness, but also the hearer; and besides that, the historian of all the wondrous facts concerning the Lord in their order

So the gospel of John is valid because it was written by an eye witness who was a disciple of jesus and confirmed by other eye witnesses one of whom is Andrew- disciple of Jesus.

John 21
24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true

Unlike the tales by moonlight such as Jesus talking at birth seen in forged gospels the Qur'an copied. We know they are works of forgery because the authors attributed to the works Thomas and James couldn't have written the book.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism by SIRTee15: 10:50am On Apr 02
Qasim6:

The writer of Gospel according to Matthew claimed there was a zombie apocalypse after the alleged crucifixion.
Do you believe that really happened or was it just some special effect just to enhance the story?

I already written a out this in the past. I'm not in the mood to repeat myself. Check my post on the thread 'Do God exist'.

We know Matthew wrote the gospel of Matthew because it was quoted extensively in the Didache, a cathetist used Jewish Christians in the mid first century.
And Papias one of the apostolic fathers who met the disciples confirmed Mathew wrote a gospel to the Jewish Christians.

Qasim6:

If you believe that happened, how did the other gospel writers missed that? And why did we not get that story from non-christain historians?

Check the thread. I explained everything in full details.
The other gospel writers also didn't mention the earthquake that occured during the cruxifixion. Now we have scientific and historical evidence that an unusual earthquake did occur around 33-36 AD in
Judea region.

Show me evidence of the wall built by dhu al-qarnayn sealing up people of gog and magog by non Quranic historian.

Qasim6:

I really don't need any historian validation to believe Jesus walked this earth. Qur'an is enough for me.

By stories copied from forged gospel books. U can deny it but the facts are bare.

Qasim6:

How many times do we need to nail it to your heads that Quran is the word of God and not Muhammad's.

Quran is a forged book my friend. A book written by someone who has no idea what he's talking about. It doesn't matter if it's Muhammed or Allah that wrote it.

I will force U to see the forgery in your book by the time we done here.

Tell me who is dhu al-qarnayn and do U believe someone can sleep for 300 years.

Qasim6:

What information do you guys have from the original Apostles and Mary?

The synoptic and John's gospel. because these were written by eye witness. Others are called apocryphal because they are not eye witness account. U are on your own if you choose to swallow the tales in them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Trinity Disproved! A Quinternity Found Instead / What God Has Joined Together . . . / Happy Easter To All Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.