Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,601 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates (15687 Views)

We’re All Prisoners In Poorly Governed Nigeria, Peter Obi Tells Inmates / Alex Ikwechegh Celebrates Easter With Motherless Babies In Aba (Photos) / Peter Obi And Wife Celebrate Christmas With A Mass With Inmates In Church(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Fareke: 4:53pm On Mar 31
By John Owen Nwachukwu

The Labour Party Presidential Candidate in the 2023 general election Peter Obi has admonished prisoners not to feel isolated and finished because everybody is in prison in Nigeria seeking the face of God for freedom and redemption.

Obi who celebrated the Easter mass with prisoners at the Correctional Center in Onitsha, Anambra State told the prisoners that from the day’s reading, Mary Magdalene who was the first to discover the resurrected Christ was once unholy but today she is reformed and privileged to discover the rising of Christ even before the Apostles.

“What that means is that being in prison is not the end of life as they could get corrected and enjoy salvation even before the so-called free people”.

The Archbishop of Onitsha Catholic Archdiocese, His Grace Valerie Okeke who celebrated the Easter mass with about 12 other priests inside the Correctional Center had in a homily said that if Mary Magdalene could transform to be among the early beneficiaries of the Christ resurrection, even them in the Correctional Center will turn around to be great in the society and before God.

The highlights of the Easter celebration with the inmates which Obi has been doing from his days as Governor of the Anambra State (2006 to 2014) were the dancing and elation of the inmates in their various cultural groups all shouting his praises as a friend and father of the Prisoners.
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/31/we-are-all-prisoners-peter-obi-says-as-he-celebrates-easter-with-inmates/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by dreji: 4:57pm On Mar 31
The truth is bitter

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Okwyjesus(m): 5:02pm On Mar 31
Deep

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Sergio101(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31
I'm waiting for some people here

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Firingpin: 5:06pm On Mar 31
Sergio101:
I'm waiting for some people here
We are here. Obi is wasting his time, money and energy. He will never become president of Nigeria.The presidency is not for opportunists like the clown he is.

135 Likes 22 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by brain54(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31
Prophet of doom...

Dude never sees or says anything positive. Even on Easter day when people are celebrating. He must find how to link something negative.

I am just here to taunt and trigger these obidients small Sha.

It done tey I find trouble!

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Abdul05: 5:12pm On Mar 31
grin
Firingpin:
We are here. Obi is wasting his time, money and energy. He will never become president of Nigeria.The presidency is not for opportunists like the clown he is.

Na tactics...to make more money from obidents through contribution.. grin

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Sergio101(m): 5:14pm On Mar 31
brain54:
Prophet of doom...

Dude never sees or says anything positive. Even on Easter day when people are celebrating. He must find how to link something negative.

I am just here to taunt and trigger these obidients small Sha.

It done tey I find trouble!

Finish secondary school first before taunting obidients

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by brain54(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31
Sergio101:

Finish secondary school first before taunting obidients
Yawn...

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by budaatum: 5:18pm On Mar 31
I am very not impressed if this is the only photo of Obi eastering with inmates.

Na so our prisons nice? Abi na film finish for foto?

He better be visiting prison when it's not Easter and show us what it's like.

https://newtelegraphng.com/obi-to-prison-inmates-being-in-prison-not-end-of-life/#google_vignette

5 Likes

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by helinues: 5:20pm On Mar 31
Show us your shackles

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by fourboys: 5:26pm On Mar 31
That's nice... I plan doing the same sooner
Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Tellmeastory: 5:27pm On Mar 31
PETER OBI, YOU ARE A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE IN DOLLARS WHO MADE HIS FIRST BIG MONEY AS A GENERAL SANI ABACHA APPOINTEE AS CHAIRMAN OF TIN CAN ISLAND PORT, LAGOS.

YOU USED THE MONEY YOU MADE THERE TO SPONSOR YOUR POLITICAL AMBITION, ENDING UP STATE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA FOR OVER 8 YEARS, AND FROM YOUR IMMENSE WEALTH SPONSORED A FULL FLEDGED PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN FROM ALMOST ENTIRELY YOUR OWN POCKET.

YOU, PETER OBI HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE GOD FORSAKEN PRISONERS ROTTING AWAY IN THAT JAIL.

AND IT IS REALLY UNFORTUNATE THAT YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THEIR SITUATION TO PUSH YOUR INORDINATE POLITICAL DESPERATION FOR POWER, BY CLAIMING TO BE LIKE THEM.

WHY NOT SHARE YOUR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WITH THEM, SINCE YOU ARE ALL THE SAME, PETER OBI?

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by brain54(m): 5:34pm On Mar 31
Tellmeastory:
PETER OBI, YOU ARE A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE IN DOLLARS WHO MADE HIS FIRST BIG MONEY AS A GENERAL SANI ABACHA APPOINTEE AS CHAIRMAN OF TIN CAN ISLAND PORT, LAGOS.

YOU USED THE MONEY YOU MADE THERE TO SPONSOR YOUR POLITICAL AMBITION, ENDING UP STATE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA FOR OVER 8 YEARS, AND FROM YOUR IMMENSE WEALTH SPONSORED A FULL FLEDGED PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN FROM ALMOST ENTIRELY YOUR OWN POCKET.

YOU, PETER OBI HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE GOD FORSAKEN PRISONERS ROTTING AWAY IN THAT JAIL.

AND IT IS REALLY UNFORTUNATE THAT YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THEIR SITUATION TO PUSH YOUR INORDINATE POLITICAL DESPERATION FOR POWER, BY CLAIMING TO BE LIKE THEM.

WHY NOT SHARE YOUR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WITH THEM, SINCE YOU ARE ALL THE SAME, PETER OBI?
Bro using all caps made it a bit difficult to read your post...

But you are right. PO is sounding and acting like someone desperate for power.

He can't possibly be a prisoner because he can be anywhere in the world he chooses to be at.

I am honestly trying to like and connect with PO but so far it isn't working.

He should stop presenting himself as saint Obi or like all the problems of the Nigeria will evaporate and go away if he becomes president.

I wonder if anambra state was Eldorado or utopia whilst he was governor!

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by AnambraPikinSel: 5:40pm On Mar 31
He's from region of prisoners,you can check Asia, dubai,Saudi and Thailand prison to know that he's saying the truth this time, he and his brothers and sisters are prisoners

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Treasure17(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31
The real president is talking.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by onumadu: 6:30pm On Mar 31
Fareke:
By John Owen Nwachukwu

The Labour Party Presidential Candidate in the 2023 general election Peter Obi has admonished prisoners not to feel isolated and finished because everybody is in prison in Nigeria seeking the face of God for freedom and redemption.

Obi who celebrated the Easter mass with prisoners at the Correctional Center in Onitsha, Anambra State told the prisoners that from the day’s reading, Mary Magdalene who was the first to discover the resurrected Christ was once unholy but today she is reformed and privileged to discover the rising of Christ even before the Apostles.

DEEP CRYPTIC WORDS.
Only the "initiated" will understand it.

Peter Obi studied Philosophy in the university and his words should be studied and deciphered by smart people.

The key words/phrases are: everybody is in prison in Nigeria; freedom, redemption.

If you know what Obi meant by these words, you will ONLY VOTE FOR HIM (or anyone who has proven to believe the same thing) in any future elections in Nigeria.
He means well for you, but are you smart enough to understand it?
That is the question.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Vinnie2000(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31
Since It's about Obi, APC Agbad0rians go Boku for this Thread like Declan Rice. sad cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by slivertongue: 6:49pm On Mar 31
onumadu:

DEEP CRYPTIC WORDS.
Only the "initiated" will understand it.

Peter Obi studied Philosophy in the university and his words should be studied and deciphered by smart people.

The key words/phrases are: everybody is in prison in Nigeria; freedom, redemption.

If you know what Obi meant by these words, you will ONLY VOTE FOR HIM (or anyone who has proven to believe the same thing) in any future elections in Nigeria.
He means well for you, but are you smart enough to understand it?
That is the question.

Those criticizing him are also in the prison of insecurity, hunger, poverty etc but they would rather support APC than tell her the truth

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Pgirigory: 6:51pm On Mar 31
Peter girigory Obi is just a desperate gbajue

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by BondRiv: 7:30pm On Mar 31
Speak for yourself, Obi. Your desperation is unbecoming.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by Paraman: 8:01pm On Mar 31
We're all prisoners but your children are in the UK

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by clarocuzioo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 31
kk
Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by AcadaWriter: 9:13pm On Mar 31
The truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by clearcrystal: 9:44pm On Mar 31
They should just make him President of prisoners.
He even looks like a prisoner

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by brain54(m): 12:29am On Apr 01
clearcrystal:
They should just make him President of prisoners.
He even looks like a prisoner
He already has a prison uniform...

Black and black undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

These obidients no get my time today! grin

9 Likes

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by ValarDoharis: 12:54am On Apr 01
Will you be president or you're not ambitious?
Firingpin:

1 Like

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by rinzaugustine: 12:57am On Apr 01
Exactly, anybody that can afford to eat twice a day would not even have time to go online to cry bitterly to igbos day and night

1 Like

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by budaatum: 1:10am On Apr 01
brain54:
I am honestly trying to like and connect with PO but so far it isn't working.
Obi should be contactable, but this Obi is being very elusive indeed. He's not hearing the voice of those who might prefer him and nor is he communicating with what could be the youthful structure that could give him more influence in our politics. But I do blame myself for not having begun to tell him I guess, though Peter, you don't make it easy.

Anyone with Obi contact, mention it me please. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: ‘We Are All Prisoners’ – Peter Obi Says As He Celebrates Easter With Inmates by brain54(m): 1:14am On Apr 01
budaatum:

Obi should be contactable, but this Obi is being very elusive indeed. He's not hearing the voice of those who might prefer him and nor is he communicating with what could be the youthful structure that could give him more influence in our politics. But I do blame myself for not having begun to tell him I guess, though Peter, you don't make it easy.

Anyone with Obi contact, mention it me please. Thanks.
Nice poem...

Applause!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors / Kaduna Preaching Bill: Resolving The Constitutional Controversy (1) ...punch / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.