Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (21998 Views)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:55am On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:

I get good character but pride and trust issues na my problem

So far pride dey your heart,e don spoil everything.
And also what kind of life have you lived thus far that you have trust issues?
Maybe you too aren't trustworthy that's why you also don't find some women trustworthy as well.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FuckYeyeMods: 9:55am On Apr 08
My friend! There are too many pressure in marriage.
Marriage is a very crazy experience....
Marriage is a very terrible experience you have to keep quiet/mute about...
Marriage is damaging if you're just 15% unlucky with a spouse...
No oneness in marriage, your spouse can sell you out at any giving time.
Marriage should be a contract thing by default but since religion frown at contract marriage, then we have no options.
80% of couple are living terribly together, but just keep pushing on because of the kids. That why couple resort to infidelity which often times worsen the situation.
Hence, couple should not divulge too many secrete to each other because they're not one.
Men mostly don't have problem but women are mostly the architect of bad and failed marriage.
My advice to singles; That one thing you think that it doesn't matter during courtship, would really became center of your marriage/happiness.
Flee from a habitual cheating girlfriend cos she's indirectly damaging your ability to trust which with greatly affect your marriage even if you marry the most faithful innocent girl on earth.
Men should Date faithful girls even if you will end up not marrying each other, it's a good recipe for trust.
Single dude should please do some background findings on their intend spouse. Not just her body count but her family background.
Both of you met in different states away from your base, Asign somebody to help you do some little background check on her family especially her parent and siblings.

kalufelix:
now this is mad!..how can you know someone that you met after they have lived 25-40years of their lives... Also you cannot ascertain the kind of beings they are going to evolve to in their 35-55years..

That spouse you think you know, might not actually be what you think.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ppogba: 9:55am On Apr 08
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

2. Familiarity abounds and contempt follows.

3. Rebellion to prove you are not the boss of her is not unheard of.

4. You could end up raising the bastards of her boss, coworker or ex.

5. More responsibility, FEWER appreciation.

6. Unlimited entitlement.

7. Her family problem is yours to bear and your family should DISAPPEAR.

8. You will NEVER win another argument.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

10. You slave and slave and slave for her pleasure.

@4, adverbial clause of assumption even though with the level of Oloshoism both coded and uncoded, written or unwritten, the possibility is there. Truth we all dread.

@7, right when you marry without consulting your brain. Truth is, the tiny particles of attitudes like this are there but just that people stupidly ignore.

Bottom line, you be Kolo man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Abee79(m): 9:56am On Apr 08
For peace to reign, the wife should have greater control of the family finances - even if she doesn't bring anything to the table 🤐

And yes, she's ALWAYS right! 🥺🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 9:56am On Apr 08
gerizzim:
Money wahala.If the man is not very calculative and discipline with money, he wil find himself borrowing all the time to kip the home running.
Responsibility in d home dat goes wit solving it with money keeps hitting you back to back.to some extent,it bcoms pretty difficult for you to save.

As for the man, he may stay for like 1yr and doesnt buy himself a new t-shirt or jeans trouser because of lots of sacrifice and financial commitment he is making for the home.

Inevitably, sometimes husbandman gets broke. He starts to check the pocket of all his trousers if he could see some little cash he probably forgot . You can call it a life saver money.
At workplace,he bcoms cautious in situations dt wil warrant him a query or been sack because of the big effect his dismissal wil cause his family .
Husbandman absorbs insult from his supervisor or boss even when he is not at fault. He kips swallowing unpleasant incident, psychological and verbal abuse so as to keep his job.
Man is 45yrs. Wife is 25yrs. Irrespective of the age gap between him and his wife, the wife also serve him her own idiosyncrasies at home.
By virtue of marriage, the wife assumes to be equal to the man. ".....foolish man", "...yeye man","...you no get shame", "....idiot","....poor man", ".....I regret marrying you" ".......bla blaaaa blaaa" that is the usual ringtone when her hypothalamus bcoms skewed.

Husband gets cranky when he is broke. He wil keep shouting and complaining repeatedly about Wifey's act of wasting resources in d home. "Your water is boiling. Go and off the gas" , "the gdnut oil you added in the stew is too much. don't you know dt gdnut oil is now vry expensive "

"Husbandman gets caught up in buying wife gift for almost every public holiday. you buy for 1st January, you buy for February 14, you buy for Easter, you buy for mother's day,you buy on her bday, you buy on Christmas day at the request nd reminder of d wife not dt the man intentionally choose to.

Wife allows nacking base on how well husbnd buys her stuffs. sex may bcom like doing husbnd a favor. some husband somtyms practically beg to do sex wit the woman he paid her dowry.
Husbandman is stuck with the ocassional struggle to please inlaw. If you don't send stuffs to inlaw, you are branded a stingy husbnd.
Dia unending manipulation and emotional blackmail crawls into marriage.if husbandman is not the assertive nd firm type, he may be turned to a vegetable by the wife.
Solomonic wisdom needs to be applied once in a while as it is not all misunderstanding dat requires the man to bring out canon to quench it. You ignore some and you respond to some. the man needs to pick nd choose his fight.

e plenty oooo. make local man stop here and sip some burukutu

My brother we men are really seeing things. Its a pity cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by riverbird: 9:56am On Apr 08
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

But the good part is that you can totally avoid all this things for life by avoiding marriage grin

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by udemzyudex(m): 9:56am On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

This is not always true oga Ade.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Exceed15: 9:57am On Apr 08
The person you married will turn out to be like if they cast spell on you to Marry him/ her. People change when they get what they want especially WOMEN.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ppogba: 9:58am On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:

I get good character but pride and trust issues na my problem

Your problem is half solved.

Do not bother going to any mountain to pray.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FuckYeyeMods: 9:58am On Apr 08
gerizzim:
Money wahala.If the man is not very calculative and discipline with money, he wil find himself borrowing all the time to kip the home running.
Responsibility in d home dat goes wit solving it with money keeps hitting you back to back.to some extent,it bcoms pretty difficult for you to save.
Some women are wicked..
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 9:59am On Apr 08
free2ryhme:

una dey craze.

marriage wey your parents do and still going, e reach una turn una turn am to temple run

This generation no Sabi wetin be actual love.
Na why marriages dey crash anyhow.
Ignorance,pussilanimity and folly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 9:59am On Apr 08
FOUR BRUTAL truths no one will tell you, but I will list them anyway:

1. You're not likely to have a greater marriage than your parent's.

Think about it, we all claim that marriages of the previous generations are better. Isn't? Most people believe in the law of exemption only when they're personally involved.

2. The marriage between two f00ls will last longer than the marriage between two equal and calculative love birds

3. If you spend too much on your wedding, that celebration and fun fair will likely be the happiest moment/day of your marriage. Everything else will begin to tank from that day Iffahear say you keep up ke 😅

4. Your in-laws have a majority stake in your marriage whether you believe it or not. The longer you grow in marriage, the lower their stake. Prior to your wedding, they hold about 90% stake, 10 years after and all things being equal, that stake should drop to 55%. But they're never going below 50%.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by UselessBuharist: 10:00am On Apr 08
76RebelMoney:

So far pride dey your heart,e don spoil everything.
And also what kind of life have you lived thus far that you have trust issues?
Maybe you too aren't trustworthy that's why you also don't find some women trustworthy as well.

I’ve seen it all with women bro, I have traveled deep into the world and I’ve seen women misbehave, I’ve seen married women wear their wedding bands to sleep with other men (younger guys). I’ve seen women working in cooperates organisations do shit. It’s scary though

I think marriage is not for me

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 10:00am On Apr 08
Exceed15:
The person you married will turn out to be like if they cast spell on you to Marry him/ her. People change when they get what they want especially WOMEN.
Women don't change.
Na you no see wetin dey clear.
A woman's character is well evident in her behavior.
I wish I could send voicenotes honestly.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 10:02am On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:

I’ve seen it all with women bro, I have traveled deep into the world and I’ve seen women misbehave, I’ve seen married women wear their wedding bands to sleep with other men (younger guys). I’ve seen women working in cooperates organisations do shit. It’s scary though

I think marriage is not for me

Look into your own life and see your flaws also as you easily see the flaws in women.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ifyain: 10:02am On Apr 08
The only good thing that come out of marriage is kids. it only benefits women. it is even difficult to get quality companionship in marriage.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Babastrong(m): 10:04am On Apr 08
[quote author=labake1 post=129213513]Life after marriage is not easy I love you becomes I hate you [in gods We trust. loro tiwa. ]
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Akalia(m): 10:04am On Apr 08
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

Wow. You are experienced.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 10:05am On Apr 08
Olajide200:
After some years, there will be times you just ask yourself ‘is it even worth it?’
You are right bro.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by UselessBuharist: 10:05am On Apr 08
76RebelMoney:

Look into your own life and see your flaws also as you easily see the flaws in women.

I’ve enjoyed being by myself for far too long. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had healthy relationships where I showed no signs of mistrust, no pride but they dealt with me terribly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by travelzcruix: 10:07am On Apr 08
All intending couples must get clearance from DSS and if possible CIA and FBI if you have the money. Put him or her on 24/7 surveillance for the next 6months, chats, calls, audio. Who is he or her meeting. This marriage thing is becoming warfare as the day go by. Anyway no let anybody rush u.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Sumptylism: 10:07am On Apr 08
Offpointng:

You give woman millions of sperm and she gives you just a kid.

You're pointless

She gives you a baby or babies with trillion of cells each...for your "millions of sperm"….

It is in a woman's nature to multiply.... :-) :-)
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Abee79(m): 10:09am On Apr 08
ADVISE TO MARRIED MEN:
1. Take care of yourself!
2. Spend of the money you make on yourself.
Family demands are unending & will NEVER stop taking from you.
3. Prioritize your own well-being.
4. Periodically do comprehensive health checks.
5. Rest & revitalize regularly.
6. Find inner peace.
7. Find (clean) hobbies that make you happy.
8. Don't waste your time getting angry or arguing with that other gender.
9. Do DNA test 🤐
10. Don't lose sight of your own personal goals & dreams.
11. Have an emergency fund.
12. Respect your wife, even if you don't trust or love her. RESPECT HER.
13. Let your wife have greater control of the family finances. (If you married a woman that cannot be trusted with money, this point is not for you.)
14. Don't waste your time monitoring your wife's communication with others.
15. Make time for your children. When they grow, they might not remember the sacrifices you made, only the memories you created with them.
16. Don't stress yourself. . .

If you let stress kìll you before your time, your wife and children will FEAST on all you laboured for.

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by free2ryhme: 10:10am On Apr 08
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

Your mentality about marriage is devastating.

You are irredeemable

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 10:12am On Apr 08
riverbird:

But the good part is that you can totally avoid all this things for life by avoiding marriage grin
But men are more afraid of the stigma the society would give them by remaining single for life. Only strong men don't care.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Exceed15: 10:13am On Apr 08
76RebelMoney:

Women don't change.
Na you no see wetin dey clear.
A woman's character is well evident in her behavior.
I wish I could send voicenotes honestly.

Take this for free from me. There's always something they hide until she enters your house.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by TableLeg(m): 10:14am On Apr 08
Daily, Repeatedly, Infinitely............... Majority are not ready for that and you need to ask youself again, if you are not cut for that kind of commitment, dont fu...cking get married!
Period.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by illuminutty: 10:15am On Apr 08
You will be miserable if you don't consciously take care of yourself.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:18am On Apr 08
No two marriages are the same.

Everybody has to work out their own marital balance, and it takes time and constant learning.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 10:18am On Apr 08
Exceed15:

Take this for free from me. There's always something they hide until she enters your house.
Hmm fact.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by rajiedreez: 10:20am On Apr 08
Reality sets in then you realize you can never be too prepared for marriage

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Zooposki(f): 10:23am On Apr 08
Think9ja:
On a Monday morning, this is the rubbish that is making front page. A black man is bereft of ideas and innovation.

It's always sex, relationship, marriage, dating, boyfriend, girlfriend and all sorts of nonsense stuff.

On twitter and Instagram, influencers who talk about these topics get the highest comments, likes and followers

Such a cursed race

That is Nigerian men for you. The way they monitor Nigerian women should be termed witchcraft.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin? / Should I End My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.