Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (22019 Views)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by pretydiva(f): 1:24pm On Apr 08
BornToSucced:
This month is my one year wedding anniversary, and I feel i should share my experience thus far, especially for the benefits of other young guys who are eager to follow my path.

The summary of my advice is: what you get out of your marriage revolves around the kind of spouse you end up with. As they say, garbage in, garbage out.

In my case, I have no regret thus far. Sex is great: I sleep better and eat healthy now. No unnecessary spending of money on Lagos broke-ass slay queens. Overall, the benefits far outweigh the demerits.

However, to enjoy the listed benefits above, I have dedicated and sacrificed my time, and intentionally made every effort to ensure my marriage is not a living hell.

As a retired fuc*k boy, I can tell you for free, sleeping with countless women is a highway to the grave. There is nothing to gain in it, not even a trophy. I have been there, done 3sum, and done crazy stuff just for fun. As certificate of achievement, I bagged a Baby Mama grin

But nothing can be compared to the peace, love, and joy I now enjoy, through Christ who brought me out of darkness
God bless you for this beautiful post

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by owoshuyi(m): 1:27pm On Apr 08
Life after marriage, abi life after wedding?

Question should be 'What is life IN MARRIAGE'?

Marriage na continuation till either or both spouses die. Except if there's divorce.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by riverbird: 1:47pm On Apr 08
sweetkev:
But men are more afraid of the stigma the society would give them by remaining single for life. Only strong men don't care.

I disagree with you bro, women get more of the stigma, men no send.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Emotionss: 1:48pm On Apr 08
smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

You Virginia entities are always quick to blame men for the uncultured narcissist and toxic behavior of some women all in the name of supporting the sisterhood.

It has been proven time without numbers that some women are toxic, manipulative and ungrateful that no matter what you do for them they will never appreciate it but instead of you entities to caution and advise them, you guys will blindly support them and put all the blame on the man all in the name of feminism and sisterhood...

Anyways I don't really blame you Virginia entities na the idiots who choose to accept such toxic behavior from their wives all in the name of being a real man na them I blame.

Weaklings and emotionally emasculated men everywhere forming Real Man and woke.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Idaytesj29(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08
Offpointng:

You give woman millions of sperm and she gives you just a kid.

You're pointless

Who told her we want kids? With all these wahalas, let's dissolve everything. Return our sperm, take your eggs. We dey do again. Make everyone go their separate ways. Our peace of mind and personal space as a man now very important.

Women wahala and lack of appreciation is too much. They only need us to foot their bills. That's why when they have no need for your financial backing, no matter how sweet you are, you go collect.

They are loyal to their emotions and this emotions is highly erratically unstable. Men run oooo.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by BornToSucced(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08
sweetkev:
One year marriage is still very young. Good luck bro grin

Thanks!
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by BornToSucced(m): 1:58pm On Apr 08
pretydiva:

God bless you for this beautiful post

God bless you More cheesy
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Idaytesj29(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08
BornToSucced:
This month is my one year wedding anniversary, and I feel i should share my experience thus far, especially for the benefits of other young guys who are eager to follow my path.

The summary of my advice is: what you get out of your marriage revolves around the kind of spouse you end up with. As they say, garbage in, garbage out.

In my case, I have no regret thus far. Sex is great: I sleep better and eat healthy now. No unnecessary spending of money on Lagos broke-ass slay queens. Overall, the benefits far outweigh the demerits.

However, to enjoy the listed benefits above, I have dedicated and sacrificed my time, and intentionally made every effort to ensure my marriage is not a living hell.

As a retired fuc*k boy, I can tell you for free, sleeping with countless women is a highway to the grave. There is nothing to gain in it, not even a trophy. I have been there, done 3sum, and done crazy stuff just for fun. As certificate of achievement, I bagged a Baby Mama grin

But nothing can be compared to the peace, love, and joy I now enjoy, through Christ who brought me out of darkness

You are still new in this tricky journey, one year and you are dropping advice? Are you kidding me right now?

You have to be atleast 5 years before you can drop a piece of advice.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by donbenie(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08
Ate247:
All what he wrote there seems like someone with a selfish mentality. You get what you give.
You get what you give?
Whoever came up with this fallacy should be sent to the gallows..
You can give 101% and still get cra.p!
Life is not some fairytale!!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by donbenie(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08
BornToSucced:

One year old marriage and you think you are some Sage?
Ogbeni,you are still in Honeymoon..

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by iamjavadem(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08
Don't compare your relationship to that or others. You people should just do your own thing. You can take pointers from them tho.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by newmanbg: 2:14pm On Apr 08
BornToSucced:

It is still morning, check back when tinubu second tenure is over.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by femi4: 2:21pm On Apr 08
akinsmail51:
Meeting someone and marrying them is a lot like pursuing your dream job.

There is an opening. You get excited. You write up a flashy resume, and you apply. You follow up, pass a series of interviews, and you get the job!

Congratulations.

But, that’s not the end of it; it’s just the beginning. Because now you actually have a job to do. Daily. Repeatedly. Indefinitely.

At this new workplace, you will spend years, deciphering, manoeuvring, managing, riding a rollercoaster, compromising, learning, laughing, growing, dedicating, working overtime, placating, understanding, failing and succeeding.

The outcomes of this job will vary. You might get sacked or be made redundant. You might quit. You might last decades and retire with a fantastic pension. There are no guarantees.

The one thing everyone will tell you is that you’ll get out of it what you put into it. Mostly anyway.

That’s marriage, in a nutshell.

~Feef
You lost your freedom

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jaszplus12(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

And what does SHE put in??

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jaszplus12(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08
helinues:
Those who had no intention of changing their behaviors shouldn't expect to change their partner's behavior after marriage
Mostly goes to the women, they want you to change, but can't see why they should also change!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Sapasenator: 2:49pm On Apr 08
Love is an emotive force like; anger, jealousy, hatred and so on.

It may be neccessary at the beginning of the marriage expecially when you barely know each other but unfortunately not sufficient to sustain a marriage in the long run.

Be very careful and intentional before you make that decision and remember, all that glitters are not gold.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 76RebelMoney(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08
TableLeg:

Quit the nonsensical epistle and near biblical verbiage.
Who told you I have problems?
Your manner of speaking.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ate247(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08
donbenie:
You get what you give?
Whoever came up with this fallacy should be sent to the gallows..
You can give 101% and still get cra.p!
Life is not some fairytale!!
yeah sure. That doesn't mean you should give 10% because you might get less than that.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by dequir: 3:41pm On Apr 08
Greenfaces:
If you're a man, it will depend on your financial circumstances. If the finances in inadequate, contempt follows, you're highly unappreciated and there is a general resistance to your rights of oversight in the house, very close to what the military would refer to as insorbodination. Finances and health is 99 percent of the marriage for a man. Every other thing is just pretence and window dressing. You really know where you are when you're tested with money issues and it doesn't look like it's going away in a short time

So true.

I remember when I overborrowed in the bank I was working with then to build my house, and I received no salary for 6 months because the loan was devolved into my account, it was then I knew who my wife of many years was actually is. She was collecting her own salaries, but no support to me.

She nearly turned my young daughter against me by teaching her to say stupid things to me. But I overlooked it and forgive them when my salary was restored.

So in marriage, what matters most is the continuity of the husband's source of income. Once it dried up, expect insults and impunity from your wife.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by dequir: 3:48pm On Apr 08
Think9ja:
On a Monday morning, this is the rubbish that is making front page. A black man is bereft of ideas and innovation.

It's always sex, relationship, marriage, dating, boyfriend, girlfriend and all sorts of nonsense stuff.

On twitter and Instagram, influencers who talk about these topics get the highest comments, likes and followers

Such a cursed race

Have you ever visited Quora app, worse things are being discussed there every minute by the white men you are worshipping.

So stop hating yourself, the black gene is in you and will be in your posterity till time lapse.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08
Marriage is a very beautiful and complicated union. Once you end up with the wrong partner, you are toast for life. Women are very dramatic and complicating, no matter how much you think you know your wife, the more she does things that keeps you dumbfounded. Someone that you are working your ass off to put food on the table will be the one to later cheat on you and blame you for not giving her attention. They are just too selfish and lack understanding about what life is all about. The day you stop providing as a man is the day you know the true color of the woman you married, if your wife still love and respect you, na because you dey do your duty o, once you stop, she go use you compare shit. Am happy am out of that enslavement called marriage, now I have my peace of mind and takes good care of myself. Despite am divorced, I don't think I can try that journey again, it just don't worth it to me

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Greenfaces: 4:30pm On Apr 08
dequir:

So true.

I remember when I overborrowed in the bank I was working with then to build my house, and I received no salary for 6 months because the loan was devolved into my account, it was then I knew who my wife of many years was actually is. She was collecting her own salaries, but no support to me.

She nearly turned my young daughter against me by teaching her to say stupid things to me. But I overlooked it and forgive them when my salary was restored.

So in marriage, what matters most is the continuity of the husband's source of income. Once it dried up, expect insults and impunity from your wife.
This is very accurate. A man's value is attached to what he brings. Love and all pleasantries are not sustainable in the face if real life. They all fall off like dead leaves in a tree once the chips are down. I can forgive, but experiences like this will definitely shape the affairs between me and her.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Esthered: 4:35pm On Apr 08
Acidosis:
FOUR BRUTAL truths no one will tell you, but I will list them anyway:

1. You're likely not going to have a greater marriage than your parent's.

Think about it, we all claim that marriages of the previous generations are better. Isn't? Most people believe in the law of exemption only when they're personally involved.

2. The marriage between two f00ls will last longer than the marriage between two equal and calculative love birds

3. If you spend too much on your wedding, that celebration and fun fair will likely be the happiest moment/day of your marriage. Everything else will begin to tank from that day Iffahear say you keep up ke 😅

4. Your in-laws have a majority stake in your marriage whether you believe it or not. The longer you grow in marriage, the lower their stake. Prior to your wedding, they hold about 90% stake, 10 years after and all things being equal, that stake should drop to 55%. But they're never going below 50%.

Stop scaring me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by meobizy(f): 4:40pm On Apr 08
Too many to type.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Apr 08
papyjaypaul:
30 yrs
Those kain marriages dey last a long long long peaceful time too. undecided
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Apr 08
ppogba:
A successful marriage requires just 20 percent of love and 80 percent of the determination and efforts of the people involved.
I disagree totally with these assessments. The best marriages I have ever seen are those were both man and woman remain as individuals. People I have met in such unions are happier and even if they eventually call it quits, end up retaining the friendship bond they had formed while they were married to each other. undecided

All these "successful" marriage ideas require folks to sacrifice this and that in the name of the intangible idea called love in marriage never seems to make sense in the end for both the one believing he/she is doing the sacrificing and the one it is al supposedly being sacrificed for. It doesn't. undecided
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 6:16pm On Apr 08
Esthered:

Stop scaring me.

My dear smiley Relax. cool
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Esthered: 6:17pm On Apr 08
Acidosis:

My dear smiley Relax. cool

: sad

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 6:22pm On Apr 08
Esthered:

: sad

LOL. What aspect of my post is the most terrifying?
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Esthered: 6:24pm On Apr 08
Acidosis:

LOL. What aspect of my post is the most terrifying?

1. You're likely not going to have a greater marriage than your parent's

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08
Esthered:

1. You're likely not going to have a greater marriage than your parent's

🤔🤔 Hmmn.. The general notion about the rising rates of divorce and separation suggests that most of our parents had better marriages. But I also believe in the principle of exemptions, * in rare cases.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin? / Should I End My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.