Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje (38385 Views)

SSS Arrests Usman Bugaje For Criticising Buhari’s Handling Of Insecurity / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" / Incoming Senator Of Abia-north Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Casting His Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by CoronaVirusPro: 5:58pm On Apr 02
Bwilliam:

Spoken like the true son of a head slamming, blood thirsty Demon worshipping, hashish smoking, pedophilic Animal - Usman Dan Fodio.

You must be mistaking the South for the West, where you have your Caliphate.

I don't know about South-South, but the South-East are a contingent of Free Born Men, who do not know the weight of shackles or the bitter taste of a Master's Whip, and it will continue like that to perpetuity.
The South-East stood their ground against your horde of savage slave fighters and survived, and they will do it again.

All your guiled advances have failed, and the other slave tribes that you have used in the past to fight your wars are finally waking up.

Long sentences do not change history!

The earlier you start accepting, the better.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Alexis11: 5:59pm On Apr 02
YoungLionken:
Old idiot..

Africans are very keen on respect but I don't see myself respecting an old man without wisdom (fools grow old too)..

That's why those days in school, it's quick to see a so called professor more concerned about a student's "indecent dressing" than addressing the decay system of the school, where the VC and management are busy looting/exploiting students financially, psychologically, sexually, etc..

BAT(used thugs in disrupting the last presidential election and tampering with the results through Yakubu and co, a dishonourable act that doesn't befit a supposedly cultured elder statesman), Atiku, IBB, Abacha, OBJ, James Ibori, Buhari, Soyika, etc are old men who have lost their respect from the teeming youth populace, that once respected them..

Honestly speaking, I'm beginning to see this "one Nigeria" ideology as a huge scam undecided because some are (over) ripping others...

And why is Obi not on this list?

Tribalist. 😂

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by CrossRhodes: 5:59pm On Apr 02

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Basic123: 6:01pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:
Lol the only reason our South East brothers will criticise this guy is because he never attack Tinubu, he would probably have turned to their god instantly. grin

Ningi said more funny things about how the budget is anti-north which sounds more like we should just handover the whole country to the North but they started worshipping him just because they thought his fight is against Tinubu/Akpabio...

Funny lots. 😂
You read my mind

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by flokii: 6:02pm On Apr 02
Statements such as this can heat up the polity and should be condemned.. the oil in Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, not any North or better still the oil producing regions are the ones to lay claim to oil resources because the oil is found on their lands.

Until they remove Northerners completely from anything petroleum, we won't stop seeing these inflammatory statements from those with 'born to rule' mentality.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Alexis11: 6:03pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

And that is because of people like you, Tinubu and the tribalistic Yoruba's who have sabotaged the south severally, you joined them to fight the civil war against the south, joined them to remove a southern president, joined them to enthrone Muslim Muslim ticket just to please them then you come out to complain that they are bullying the south....

That is a very big lie, the very comment I wrote up here is the reason these people behave this way, to me the south westerners I feel are the major cause, if this country was only Igbo and the north, there most likely would have been 2 outcomes, either the country would have been divided by now or the north would have adjusted and be way better than what it is right now....

You missed a major part of your history. 😂

In the early 60s when Awolowo (with about 70 seats) begged Azikiwe to combine his 80 seats in the house to defeat the North, Azikiwe refused and formed government with the North that already had 140 seats in the house. The result of that union is what the south is still dealing with till tomorrow.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by broadman20: 6:04pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:
Lol the only reason our South East brothers will criticise this guy is because he never attack Tinubu, he would probably have turned to their god instantly. grin

Ningi said more funny things about how the budget is anti-north which sounds more like we should just handover the whole country to the North but they started worshipping him just because they thought his fight is against Tinubu/Akpabio...

Funny lots. 😂

You don't want to talk about the man in question, but prefer to attack south east.

It's only in NIGERIA that you hate people's faces but always want to have them with you.

Anytime you heard they are leaving you, you will start calling the government to stop them and if possible kill them because you don't want them to leave you.

Envy is your greatest problem and I know you will pretend you don't understand the meaning of envy.

2 Likes

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 6:05pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

Please tell me...
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by KosiGee(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02
CSTRR:
The only reason why these idiots have any guts to say this is because of one naijeria.

I don't think they would dare to go and drag oil in a Niger delta republic.

I was a bit sensitive and insulted when he made comparison between south east states and Niger state but com on, listen to the man. I might not be a fan of these politicians but this man was making sense and I like his arguments.

Read the interview with unbiased mind.

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Basic123: 6:05pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

And that is because of people like you, Tinubu and the tribalistic Yoruba's who have sabotaged the south severally, you joined them to fight the civil war against the south, joined them to remove a southern president, joined them to enthrone Muslim Muslim ticket just to please them then you come out to complain that they are bullying the south....

That is a very big lie, the very comment I wrote up here is the reason these people behave this way, to me the south westerners I feel are the major cause, if this country was only Igbo and the north, there most likely would have been 2 outcomes, either the country would have been divided by now or the north would have adjusted and be way better than what it is right now....
See this ethnoreligious begot ooo

People that their forefather NNAMDI AZIKWE sold to TAFAWA BALEWA because of just ceremonial Presidency with a cup of urine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Christlike01: 6:05pm On Apr 02
One state in the North can take more than two of the spaces of the total South-East.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by RickyJesus: 6:05pm On Apr 02
AZControversial:
undecided

Zamfara have been acting like the gold is state- owned. You weren't quick to call the constitutional laws on them.

Why this much energy on oil-rich states......
If you read the interview you won't come up with this dumb post.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by brainhgeek(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02
What do they smoke up there?

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 6:07pm On Apr 02
Basic123:

See this ethnoreligious begot ooo

People that their forefather NNAMDI AZIKWE sold to TAFAWA BALEWA because of just ceremonial Presidency with a cup of urine

What's your evidence?

If you have no evidence to that then you are just like Tinubu who lies without control....
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Basic123: 6:08pm On Apr 02
sokera:
my brother you see those Igbo people can be very funny cats, I remember how they use to worship Wike suddenly they dislike him
And how they use to worship FFK,RENO OMOKIRI,AMAECHI,AKPABIO,DAVE UMAHI etc

2 Likes

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Basic123: 6:09pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

What's your evidence?

If you have no evidence to that then you are just like Tinubu who lies without control....
You are empty headed like PETER OBI the fool,not to realize that Nnamdi azikwe sold you to the North

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Alexis11: 6:09pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

Please tell me...

Post edited. You quoted me too fast lol
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 6:09pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

In the early 60s when Awolowo (with about 70 seats) begged Azikiwe to combine his 80 seats in the house to defeat the North, Azikiwe refused and joined government with the North that already have 140 seats in the house. The result of that union is what the south is still dealing with till tomorrow.

Have you ever wondered why Azikiwe is not really celebrated in the south east?
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 6:10pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

Post edited. You quoted me too fast lol

And you mentioned me too fast...
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 6:11pm On Apr 02
Basic123:

You are empty headed like PETER OBI the fool,not realize that Nnamdi azikwe sold you to the North

And have you ever wondered why Azikiwe is not really celebrated in the south east?
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Johnjustice: 6:11pm On Apr 02
grin
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by xeju: 6:12pm On Apr 02
Landmass that amount to uselessness & tourist resort for bandits & kidnappers. It's not just to have landmass but to add sense to it. China realized that and woke esp when Japan took them to the cleaners during the second world war
shimolv:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/why-nigerias-oil-belongs-to-the-north/amp/
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by RickyJesus: 6:13pm On Apr 02
solochris:
Some of the people commenting above did not actually read the post. I think there's sense in what he was saying
Nairalanders can be very dumb and emotional, this would have being a good topic to discuss with the issues he pointed but this bunch of sentimental folks won't allow us to have an intelligent discussion, someone that went to Guinea for the negotiation due to landmass is who they don't even want to hear from.

Looking forward to read a good rebuttal from someone prominent with a good insight on the negotiations and deal carried out.

His basic argument was that they can do away with the north but that would limit how they can stretch through the sea and I am sure he is not saying that the north would have the other part, it will simply lead to the north not having any stake at the oil.

Either you use their landmass to get more access to sea or don't and case them away and make do with what you have.

3 Likes

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Agugbadin: 6:13pm On Apr 02
Mad people everywhere
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Bluntemperor: 6:18pm On Apr 02
CSTRR:
The only reason why these idiots have any guts to say this is because of one naijeria.
I don't think they would dare to go and drag oil in a Niger delta republic.

Usman Bugaje - You Are Wrong:
Please,go back to School and get a new understanding- for this man is actually telling you his mind!
This Bugaje is telling you the Falsehoods,on what Few elites in Northerners -have been feeding others with, Since Independence in the 1960s,but are coming out to confirm their ulterior Motives!
Can you imagine if all the Southerners,will claim that the Landed Properties in the North,belong to the South ?
Worst, what is the quality of the Land he is claiming? I blame the Southern Leaders that lives by Divide and Rule' as they love Money and Positions above their people,so why wouldn't he talk like that?
If you say it because of One-Nigeria,it can be accommodated but not to be defining the Nautical miles,for us,as this is nothing but a call for intolerance and the man is calling himself a Dr!
He should be ashamed of himself,if any shame is still remains in him!
Arrants Nonsense talk!
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Alexis11: 6:23pm On Apr 02
haybhi1:

It shall never be well with anyone who disrespect prof Wole Soyinka. I don't care what you do to others, I care less, but Soyinka? It shall never be well with anyone who discredits him openly. Is it a must he supports Obi ni to be accorded his due respect ni?
Haha, person go jail 20 months for Igbo, collect NB for us, fought military and Abacha to teeth, don our culture, and yet all these are insufficient to give him the honour he deserves because he doesn't support Obi. He's done what no other Nigerian has done for Nigeria in his lifetime and he's the black sheep because of the loud mouth of some uncouth, ungrateful idiots. Emulable life but his main crime is criticism, calling it as it is.

Damn, you have to even think twice to be kind to a fellow black man.

I'm a successful and ambitious and right thinking youth and I do fully support and hope to live like Soyinka and they're many like me. Anyone who have failed to contribute ~10% Soyinka's achievement to Nigeria, it shall never be well with them, never!

God bless your generations forever. Funny enough you see some Yorubas now joining them to insult Soyinka because of Obi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Goodlady(f): 6:24pm On Apr 02
Almaiga:
Bugaje is right. Very soon the North will claim ownership over the oil in Nigeria
You, bulgaje n north dey ment!
He's talking with two sides of the mouth. Na that constitution amendment go happen last and whatever north inflates, it ll be revealed. They collect the most money but always end up losing
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by ClearFlair: 6:27pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:
Lol the only reason our South East brothers will criticise this guy is because he never attacked Tinubu, he would probably have turned to their god instantly. grin

Funny lots. 😂

Who mentioned South East here? Envy will not let some people think straight
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by smyo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Odingo1: 6:35pm On Apr 02
We south south group over to you grin cheesy shocked
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Basic123: 6:35pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

And have you ever wondered why Azikiwe is not really celebrated in the south east?

Because he sold you to the fulanis...not yorubas sold you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by CorrectionFLuid: 6:38pm On Apr 02
shimolv:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/why-nigerias-oil-belongs-to-the-north/amp/

Either this is a scripted interview, or the interviewer is dull brained.

Yes the man is intelligent, and his type needs to be countered intelligently.

If I was the one interviewing him, since he's acting like the champion of the constitution, I would ask him about sharia, and the hisbah.

Give him the opportunity to shoot himself at the foot.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Show Their Dancing Skills: 'Even In Battle We Still Ball' / Isaac Fayose Mock Atiku, PDP Over Absent Of Wike, Fayose At Osun Rally (Video) / Boko Haram Sponsorship: We’ve Been Vindicated – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.