Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje (38381 Views)

SSS Arrests Usman Bugaje For Criticising Buhari’s Handling Of Insecurity / Farouk Adamu: "The Oil Belongs To Jigawa, We'll Use Our Blood To Protect It" / Incoming Senator Of Abia-north Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Casting His Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 8:08pm On Apr 02
codemaniacs:

it's igbos that sabotaged southern Nigeria by abolishing regionalism.

Nigeria was handed over to the I:gbos not northern Nigerias.

It was the i:gbos that the british handed Nigeria to not to the northerners because they wanted to control all the regions in Nigeria, so they planned a coup that killed the leaders of other major ethnic nations and abolished regionalism and eventually led to a civil war which they lost and the northerners maintained the unitary system of government put in place by the i:gbos

lies

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:12pm On Apr 02
CSTRR:
I don't think they would dare to go and drag oil in a Niger delta republic.

^^^
grin

Why would Usman Bugaje want to do that? Its easier to do it under the current 'arrangement'. wink

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:16pm On Apr 02
YesDaddyTill203:
This man should stop smoking crack.
Nigeria's oil belongs to all Nigerians not to the North, SS, SE, or SW.

^^^
grin

Oh...he's a crackhead now?

He has made his point and he's dared anyone with a contrary view to do their worst. Simple.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by freemanq(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02
All what this man is saying is true, but let flashback into the history of this country, Nigeria states were created mainly by the northern head of state. And the motive of allocating more state and landmass to the north is because of oil the south to lay claim to it and also to control the Senate and house of Reps. I believe this things are calculated game by British men
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:17pm On Apr 02
Streetdoctor:
Watch out as Agbado dem go leave d man and start calling Obi name

^^^
grin
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:19pm On Apr 02
F22RAPTOR:
When someone has been plagued by delusions of titanic proportions, they start speaking like this. Foooolish talk

^^^
He is not foolish.

He is many things but he is not foolish.

He isn't delusional. Nigeria's reality today supports his claims, whether people like it or not.

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Goodlady(f): 8:21pm On Apr 02
Almaiga:

E pain am grin

Either you like it or not, Bugaje is right. Besides the North benefit more from Nigeria Oil. Two people for my family get oil well for Akwaibom.

How many people in your State get oil well? grin grin
Soon, we ll know why you ran mad. Continue to celebrate oriburuku of the north and your own oriburuku!

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:21pm On Apr 02
sofeo:
This is the kind of stupidity we are talking about.

^^^
He isn't stupid.

He is many things but he - and those who think like him are definitely not stupid.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by sulaak(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02
CoronaVirusPro:
Truth be told, the Southern part of Nigeria was bestowed upon the North since the creation of Earth.

The earlier they start thinking of ways to reclaim those regions, the better.

God has blessed the North with more wealth and opportunities than the entire South, but the Northerners are just too stupid to realised the opportunities that God has bestowed upon them.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Benitoh: 8:24pm On Apr 02
Goodday90:
Second page and still no sight of ndi “Igbo want to take our oyel”

Are they scared of the north
If an Igbo man was this ignorant and said this,the thread would have gotten to 40+ pages with insults and threats from our south south brothers and Yoruba brothers hiding behind their South south monickers
As in igbo people want to take over our oil. They've been brain washed beyond redemption. They usually see igbos in their individual dreams taking over their oil. Those South south guys are overly insecure.

If igbo man were to say these bull crap i bet this page will be reaching 300 today. They are too scared and not brave enough to confront their Hausa Fulani Lord.

2 Likes

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by sangresan(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02
Brendaniel:

And that is because of people like you, Tinubu and the tribalistic Yoruba's who have sabotaged the south severally, you joined them to fight the civil war against the south, joined them to remove a southern president, joined them to enthrone Muslim Muslim ticket just to please them then you come out to complain that they are bullying the south....

That is a very big lie, the very comment I wrote up here is the reason these people behave this way, to me the south westerners I feel are the major cause, if this country was only Igbo and the north, there most likely would have been 2 outcomes, either the country would have been divided by now or the north would have adjusted and be way better than what it is right now....

Reread the trash you posted and tell us if it makes sense.

If you don't know the history of Nigeria, ask your elders at home.

Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted to include the secession clause in our Independence Constitution, only for Zik to argue otherwise and he succeeded in convincing the British colonial officials not to include it.

Was Awolowo not in the opposition, while Igbos led by Zik and northerners led by Ahmadu Bello filled up the Federal Civil Service with their people? Did they not conspire to send Awolowo to prison?

Even when some gallant officers wanted to right the wrong, did the Igbos among them not betray the cause by sparing their political leaders, while kpaing Northern and Western political and military leaders such as Akintola, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Okotie Eboh, Zakariyahu Maimalari, Ademulegun, and Ralph Sodehinde? Was this ill-advised action not the immediate cause of the Civil War?

Did Ojukwu not come from exile to join the NPN which was more or less dominated by the same people who waged a brutal war against his people less than 15 years earlier?

Did Awo not approach Zik for a political alliance in 1979 and 1983 willing to play second fiddle? Did Zik not go ahead to forge a weak alliance with his Northern masters again? What happened during Abiola's election versus Bashir Tofa? How many Igbo states did he win?

I can go on and on to show how mischievous Igbos are. These people blame others for their evil-mindedness and play victim cards when the table turns on them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Bluntemperor: 8:27pm On Apr 02
shimolv:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/why-nigerias-oil-belongs-to-the-north/amp/

TRASH, Trash and Trash!
Nonsense!
And this is a person that wants to rule Nigeria and anyway is a forgone conclusion and that may be his frustration!
Dr indeed!
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by UnabashedIPOB: 8:27pm On Apr 02
shimolv:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/why-nigerias-oil-belongs-to-the-north/amp/

I am at a loss for words about how these so-called Fulani elites revel in revisionist history to suit their narratives and evil agenda. How can he, Usman Baguje, open his gworo-chewing nasty mouth to say that the “over 70% landmass of the North is what earned Nigeria the nautical miles into the sea which Nigeria enjoys and which gives the country the off-shore drilling rights." Who told him that or does he open his mouth as a typical Fulani man to lie?
Has she heard or does he know about "The Law of the Sea?" The oil drilling right which Nigeria enjoys today has absolutely nothing to do with its land mass as ignorantly and falsely asserted by this numbskull. And for those who are NOT familiar with "The Law of the Sea, let me use this opportunity to educate you, courtesy of Quora.

The "Freedom of the seas" doctrine was accepted by most nations as far back as the 17th Century. This doctrine limited a nation's rights and jurisdiction to the narrow section of the sea along the nation's coastline. The rest was considered a common property that could be used by anyone. This was before anyone or country had the means to exploit offshore resources.

In 1982, a United Nations treaty known as "The Law of the Sea" was presented. It addressed navigational rights, territorial waters limits, exclusive economic zones, fishing, pollution, drilling, mining, conservation, and many other aspects of maritime activity. With over 150 nations participating, it was the first attempt by the international community to establish a formal agreement on how the seas can be used. It also proposes a logical allocation of ocean resources.

Under the Law of the Sea, each country receives exclusive economic rights to any natural resources that are present on or beneath the sea floor out to a distance of 200 nautical miles (230 miles / 371 kilometers) beyond their natural shorelines. In the Arctic, this gives Canada, the United States, Russia, Norway, and Denmark a legal claim to extensive sea floor areas that might contain valuable resources. (As of April 2012, the United States had not yet ratified the Law of the Sea treaty. Those who opposed ratification like the United States say it would limit its sovereignty).

In addition to the 200 nautical mile economic zone, each country can extend its claim up to 350 nautical miles from its shoreline for those areas that can be proven to be an extension of that country's continental shelf. To make this claim, a nation must acquire geological data that documents the geographic extent of its continental shelf and submit it to a United Nations committee for consideration. Most countries with a potential claim to the Arctic are currently mapping the seafloor to document their claim.

Now, tell me how 70% of land mass from the North added any value to the drilling right that your useless and failed country, Liegeria, enjoys today. As I said earlier, these Fulani Otelectuals like to create all these FALSE narratives to suit their evil agenda. In like manner, they falsely claimed that the revenue from their groundnut pyramid was used to develop the oil sector of Nigeria. But when that ridiculous claim did NOT pan out, they shifted the goalpost to this equally asinine claim. I want to ask Usman Bugaje why is the gold from Zamfara strictly Zamfara's and NOT Nigeria's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fujiyama: 8:28pm On Apr 02
adecz:
You can now see why Buhari gave
all the major Petroleum sector leadership
to Muslim Northerners and also gave
billions of Nigeria's dollars to Dangote
to make sure the downstream Petroleum
sector is controlled by a northern Muslim.

In their warped mind, they have Always
felt that the Oil in the backyard of the
Niger Deltans belong to cow rearing Fulani
from Sokoto❗️❗️❗️

We can't really blame them, but blame
the elders of Niger Delta who allow such,
so long as they are given handouts to
maintain their selfish, whiskey 🥃🥃drinking
habits❗️❗️

^^^
While the indigenes of Niger Delta states do have their share of the blame for their underdevelopment, most of the blame goes to the faulty structure of this country...and you know that other ethnicities, states etc. profit handsomely from that faulty structure.

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by AZControversial(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02
RickyJesus:

If you read the interview you won't come up with this dumb post.

Except i did...... and understood it.....

Your stupid mention is what i won't waste my time trying to comprehend.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Brendaniel: 8:37pm On Apr 02
sangresan:

Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello wanted to include the secession clause in our Independence Constitution, only for Zik to argue otherwise and he succeeded in convincing the British colonial officials not to include it.

Was Awolowo not in the opposition, while Igbos led by Zik and northerners led by Ahmadu Bello filled up the Federal Civil Service with their people? Did they not conspire to send Awolowo to prison?

Even when some gallant officers wanted to right the wrong, did the Igbos among them not betray the cause by sparing their political leaders, while kpaing Northern and Western political and military leaders such as Akintola, Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Okotie Eboh, Zakariyahu Maimalari, Ademulegun, and Ralph Sodehinde? Was this ill-advised action not the immediate cause of the Civil War?

Did Ojukwu not come from exile to join the NPN which was more or less dominated by the same people who waged a brutal war against his people less than 15 years earlier?

Did Awo not approach Zik for a political alliance in 1979 and 1983 willing to play second fiddle? Did Zik not go ahead to forge a weak alliance with his Northern masters again? What happened during Abiola's election versus Bashir Tofa? How many Igbo states did he win?

I can go on and on to show how mischievous Igbos are. These people blame others for their evil-mindedness and play victim cards when the table turns on them.

And have you ever wondered why Azikiwe is not really celebrated in the south east?
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Greenback: 8:39pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:
Lol the only reason our South East brothers will criticise this guy is because he never attacked Tinubu, he would probably have turned to their god instantly. grin

Ningi said more funny things about how the budget is anti-north which sounds more like we should just handover the whole country to the North but they started worshipping him just because they thought his fight is against Tinubu/Akpabio...
honestly you are like a dead among the living... May God forgive me cos I would have said you are a very big fffoooul!!! This forum stinks cos of garbages like you
Funny lots. 😂
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by ibietela2(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by ibietela2(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02
YoungLionken:
Old idiot..

Africans are very keen on respect but I don't see myself respecting an old man without wisdom (fools grow old too)..

That's why those days in school, it's quick to see a so called professor more concerned about a student's "indecent dressing" rather than addressing the decaying system of the school, where the VC and management are busy looting/exploiting students financially, psychologically, sexually, etc..

BAT(used thugs in disrupting the last presidential election and tampering with the results through Yakubu and co, a dishonourable act that doesn't befit a supposedly cultured elder statesman), Atiku, IBB, Abacha, OBJ, GEJ, Ekweremadu (all past and present senate presidents and vice), Buhari, Soyika, etc are old men who have lost their respect from the teeming youth populace, that once respected them..

Honestly speaking, I'm beginning to see this "one Nigeria" ideology as a huge scam undecided because some are (over) ripping others...

Beginning to see? Lol
Its visible to everyone

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Greenback: 8:46pm On Apr 02
Bloody parasites.
Big4nothing beasts of burden to the south.

Shameless banzas.

Nama human beings.

Na so one idioot okada nama rider just put head for traffic today and before you could say jack, oncoming motor somersault am for air!

Thunda faya that Lord Lugard for bringing us together with these useless people
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by ibietela2(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02
YesDaddyTill203:
This man should stop smoking crack.
Nigeria's oil belongs to all Nigerians not to the North, SS, SE, or SW.

But the gold and uranium isn't?
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by gidgiddy: 8:59pm On Apr 02
codemaniacs:

it's igbos that sabotaged southern Nigeria by abolishing regionalism.

Nigeria was handed over to the I:gbos not northern Nigerias.

It was the i:gbos that the british handed Nigeria to not to the northerners because they wanted to control all the regions in Nigeria, so they planned a coup that killed the leaders of other major ethnic nations and abolished regionalism and eventually led to a civil war which they lost and the northerners maintained the unitary system of government put in place by the i:gbos

And what the rest of you ever done since 1970 the war ended ti free your self from Northern domination?

Absolutely nothing
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Konquest: 9:06pm On Apr 02
shimolv:

You made a claim that 78% of oil belongs to the North?

I did say that the oil belongs to the North. However, let me explain. As we know, the constitution has made it very clear that oil and any other resources belong to the Federal Republic, yet you find some ignorant people talking about their oil. So, I said if we match that argument, we can still claim that the oil also belongs to the North. Why? Because 78% of oil in Nigeria is offshore. Due to the crisis and the environmental issues of taking oil from the land, most oil companies have found it more economical and peaceful to go through the sea. While in government, I was part of the team that was involved in the Gulf of Guinea talks (laws of the sea).

What rule did we use? We used the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea. And what did it say? It says that every state that has a border with water would have an exclusive area, meaning a zone that is exclusive for it to do its own economic and security activities, protecting its land, its territory, and fishing. But, where a country wants to extend that beyond the permitted nautical miles into the sea, there are rules and regulations that would provide for how far it can go into the sea. What is the major factor that gives it mileage into the sea? It is the landmass.

Whatever we get into the sea is as a result of our landmass as Nigeria. Now, if you divide the landmass in Nigeria, 78% of the landmass of this country belongs to the North. As you know, the whole of the South-East states can be put inside Niger. You can also put another five states in Niger and there will still be space. One state in the North can take more than two of the spaces of the total South-East. The North has the landmass. What I am saying is that if 78% of that landmass gives you that mileage into the sea where your oil comes from, the 78% of whatever mileage we get into the sea can therefore be claimed because the 78% landmass belongs to the North which is the majority. That is the argument. If they are not satisfied with this ownership, they can go to the National Assembly requesting a change in the constitution. That way, they can make the resources wherever it is found that of the state.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Lovit(m): 9:10pm On Apr 02
Blame the Yorubas, they are the ones that keep a**licking these Northern idiots just for political power

left for other regions in the South, we for don divide this country make aboki go im way

2 Likes

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Konquest: 9:10pm On Apr 02
sangresan:

Succinctly put.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by codemaniacs: 9:15pm On Apr 02
gidgiddy:

And what the rest of you ever done since 1970 the war ended ti free your self from Northern domination?

Absolutely nothing

its you and your ancestors that wanted i:gbo domination that foolishly and indirectly created northern domination..

it is not the business of the SW. the SW is okay with the oil in Ondo...

its the oil in Delta Bayelsa Akwa-ibom Rivers that you should be concerned about.

there is nothing like northern domination in the SW...

its you and your ancestors that created northern domination and are having sleepness nights over the so called northern domination.
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Alexis11: 9:17pm On Apr 02
JetStar:
They did not hail him because he attacked Tinubu/Akpabio. They hailed him.because he brought issues about the budget to light. They were also disappointed in their LP lawmakers they thought would do what Ningi did in the house.

Ningi has been in the house for many years and throughout the 8 years of Buhari but suddenly wake up to talk about budget padding and northern interest when we have southern president and senate president. 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by PureNigerDeltan(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02
nony43:
Without the oil producing states in the South, the north is nothing, infact Nigeria is nothing , What can they produce in that can sustain Nigeria. See entitlement, if these guys have the kind of oil we have in the South they must have divided Nigeria by now

With that been said , Alangwa, Alaogbaka , na Amadioha ga aku bi gi onú there. Ezi bida

I

Lemme help you with the division;
Niger Delta Republic
Arewa
Oduduwa
Biafra
Central Nigeria
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by dettolgel: 9:34pm On Apr 02
CodeTemplar:

Half knowledge can be more dangerous than no knowledge.
The question is how much of our oil comes from the exclusive areas and how much more is coming in based on the extra sea areas the non-coastal states are affording us by reason of extra landmass? He avoided that very juicy fact and that shows he is afraid to go further with his malicious argument.
Osun state is not a northern state but affords us extra milage into the sea for exploration going by his argument. Same thing applies for Kwara, Ogun, Kogi, Ebonyi, Abia, Benue, Cross Rivers.
Half data is no data in this case.

They could have also asked him, what if Northern Nigeria is declared a country would it have access to the said nautical miles?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by proff010: 9:40pm On Apr 02
My brother, you need to understand what he is actually saying. He is not laying claim to total ownership but the 78% of their so called landmass. This northern people are smart, they know what they are doing when it comes to Nigeria politics.
The south need to wake up.
Tinubu is giving them hot coals to swallow that is why they are vomiting sensitive thrash.
okito:
Another educated Northern fool. Educated enough to acknowledge the oil and other natural resources belong to the Nigerian state but foolish enough to lay Northern claim to the ownership under any guise!
Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fearyourcreator: 9:43pm On Apr 02
YoungLionken:
Old idiot..

Africans are very keen on respect but I don't see myself respecting an old man without wisdom (fools grow old too)..

That's why those days in school, it's quick to see a so called professor more concerned about a student's "indecent dressing" rather than addressing the decaying system of the school, where the VC and management are busy looting/exploiting students financially, psychologically, sexually, etc..

BAT(used thugs in disrupting the last presidential election and tampering with the results through Yakubu and co, a dishonourable act that doesn't befit a supposedly cultured elder statesman), Atiku, IBB, Abacha, OBJ, GEJ, Ekweremadu (all past and present senate presidents and vice), Buhari, Soyika, etc are old men who have lost their respect from the teeming youth populace, that once respected them..

Honestly speaking, I'm beginning to see this "one Nigeria" ideology as a huge scam undecided because some are (over) ripping others...
Oloshi... Before oil no be somehow Nigeria dey survive or no be one money dem use drill the oil comot and other materials... Eti yawerey... Plus the werey wey talk say na north get oil... Oloriburuku ni gbogboyin papo

1 Like

Re: 'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje by Fearyourcreator: 9:44pm On Apr 02
nony43:
Without the oil producing states in the South, the north is nothing, infact Nigeria is nothing , What can they produce in that can sustain Nigeria. See entitlement, if these guys have the kind of oil we have in the South they must have divided Nigeria by now

With that been said , Alangwa, Alaogbaka , na Amadioha ga aku bi gi onú there. Ezi bida

I
Ordinary meat una werey wan die , even pepper... Eyin werey go dey chop oil na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / President Jonathan's Daughter's Wedding Venue Decor (Photos) / Fayose Releases His Phone Number To Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.