Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada (28596 Views)

Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months / Kwankwaso Directs ‘incoming PDP Governor’ Not To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage In Kan / Workers To Know New Minimum Wage In August, Says TUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Goodvibes007: 5:37pm On Apr 05
Why are people comparing minimum wages lol.
Would Nigerians pay equivalent of 1800 dollars a month for rent in Nigeria?

In addition, as per Calgary or anywhere in North America, OP is trying to play smart. What about all the other charges that get added into your bill. Like the basic charge of $30 added to the bill monthly irrespective of whether you use the power or not.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Artscollection: 5:38pm On Apr 05
KennethOkonkwo:

I am not greedy foodie like your father.

Stop judging others with your father standard

Only a hungry fool will descend so low like your generation has done

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by KennethOkonkwo: 5:40pm On Apr 05
Artscollection:

Only a hungry fool will descend so low like your generation has done
That generation learnt alot from your father.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by rexlims(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05
helinues:

South Africa electricity that have collapsed for quite some time now. There electricity situation could be worst than Nigeria own currently

We want stable electricity, give us light yhen yehn yehn, then we will take care of ourselves.

Now they have given us the electricity rate, we have started compare and contrast..

How much do we spend on Owambe's religious activities compared to the new electricity tarrif?

We are not ready for stable electricity in Nigeria
so we should pay first before we get stable electricity.
This is setting d cart before d horse.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by lanresz(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05
This is part of why any serious investor will not invest in electricity. Both AEDC staff and the person requesting bypass belong to prison.

TUANKU:
AEDC staff dey collect 15k for bypass monthly, i witnessed it when i visited one estate in Lokogoma. cheesy
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by idahme(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05
helinues:

South Africa electricity that have collapsed for quite some time now. There electricity situation could be worst than Nigeria own currently

We want stable electricity, give us light yhen yehn yehn, then we will take care of ourselves.

Now they have given us the electricity rate, we have started compare and contrast..

How much do we spend on Owambe's religious activities compared to the new electricity tarrif?

Use your sense small you don old ooo. What has SA electricity grid collapse has to do with the talk of electric price per KWh of different countries?

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Goodvibes007: 5:45pm On Apr 05
psucc:
When some of us warned, we were tagged and called names. Now it has dawn on us all. Don't bother, this is just test run. When fully implemented we will know.
Non of the candidates on the ballot would have done anything different except to keep kicking the can forward.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by loffyloffy: 5:46pm On Apr 05
Omooba77:

Source: Arewa

Except that electricity in Nigeria is N225 for only 15% of the population...while the remaining 85% pays N68.

Also in Calgary your cost goes up as your consumption goes up..they use a band system where your cost rises based on some predetermined threshold. You also pay administrative and distribution fees that are sometimes even as high as your electric bill..when you factor all this your actual cost per kwh will be double or more what is quoted.

Another important fact that you are ignorantly forgetting is the maturity of the industry producing the electricity. In south africa and Calgary that you quoted,the infrastruction for production and distribution are already in place, so their income goes towards running cost and maintainace. Nobody steals or vandalise their equipment as is is regularly the case in Nigeria. The cost of production and distribution in Nigeria is very high, and electricity prices where highly subsidised by the govt.

Why not look at it this way..for everyone that is paying N68 which is 85% of the subscribers, the discos are loosing a significant amount of money which they could have made if they can only supply power for up to 20hrs a day.

To increase there income they will have to increase the number of subscribers that will access to 20hrs a day, so they will have to invest significantly to improve power delivery.

As the volume of people getting 20hrs a day increases, an equilibrium point will be reached on pricing, as the burden of generating and distributing will now be more evenly shared.

Yes I do agree that the minimum wage in Nigeria is too low, but am sure the government will address this soon enough.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by jokaka89: 5:46pm On Apr 05
SOME PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.
SO YOU MEAN ALL NIGERIANS GO FOR OWAMBE?
YOU ARE DUMB.
IDIOT.

helinues:

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Ikaeniyan0: 5:47pm On Apr 05
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Goodvibes007: 5:47pm On Apr 05
loffyloffy:

Except that electricity in Nigeria is N225 for only 15% of the population...while the remaining 85% pays N68.

Also in Calgary your cost goes up as your consumption goes up..they use a band system where your cost rises based on some predetermined threshold. You also pay administrative and distribution fees that are sometimes even as high as your electric bill..when you factor all this your actual cost per kwh will be double or more what is quoted.

Another important fact that you are ignorantly forgetting is the maturity of the industry producing the electricity. In south africa and Calgary that you quoted,the infrastruction for production and distribution are already in place, so their income goes towards running cost and maintainace. Nobody steals or vandalise their equipment as is is regularly the case in Nigeria. The cost of production and distribution in Nigeria is very high, and electricity prices where highly subsidised by the govt.

Why not look at it this way..for everyone that is paying N68 which is 85% of the subscribers, the discos are loosing a significant amount of money which they could have made if they can only supply power for up to 20hrs a day.

To increase there income they will have to increase the number of subscribers that will access to 20hrs a day, so they will have to invest significantly to improve power delivery.

As the volume of people getting 20hrs a day increases, an equilibrium point will be reached on pricing, as the burden of generating and distributing will now be more evenly shared.

Yes I do agree that the minimum wage in Nigeria is too low, but am sure the government will address this soon enough.
100%. The originator of that post is just playing on the ignorance of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by TalkingBird: 5:48pm On Apr 05
What a world.

Man brings doom on his fellow man
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:49pm On Apr 05
helinues:

wetin this weyrey dey talk now!

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Ikaeniyan0: 5:49pm On Apr 05
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by djkirkoo2(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
There's a lot of irritating things like you online.

I wander why you lowlifes can't just write your own comment instead of crying about other people's comment.

If there's regular power supply, I don't mind the price cause I use a prepaid meter, it's my personal opinion, am not speaking for you or your family.
12 units was 1k before but now it's 4 units that is 1k. So I wonder what you are so celebrating about prepaid meters.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Ikaeniyan0: 5:52pm On Apr 05
djkirkoo2:
12 units was 1k before but now it's 4 units that is 1k. So I wonder what you are so celebrating about prepaid meters.
Can you kindly point out where in my post I celebrated the increase?

I'm waiting boss
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Ikaeniyan0: 5:52pm On Apr 05
AlhajiCSO:
Fergie001 mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2
Rule 2
Jobless hypocrites like you too full Nairaland.

It's people like you that can't live without Nairaland.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by popcykaylah(m): 5:52pm On Apr 05
helinues:

As e collapse them get light pass nigeria In a hundred folds .. dead country you dey use compare South Africa
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Segxydube: 5:54pm On Apr 05
helinues:

Where is the stable electricity? Una go just dey cap rubbish
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Believeintruth: 5:57pm On Apr 05
allthingsgood:

You are comparuing Nigeria to countries with advanced power supply. Nigeria is expensive because demand is high while supply is low. Its simple economics. The more attractive our power sector is, the more generation and supply and the less we will pay. Also lets not forget that many nigeria bypass power leading to more loss.

Please explain how there would be more distribution when the discos have been shared out.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by kmaster007: 5:58pm On Apr 05
Nah today... So. Dem want naija be like SA... Hmmm
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by descarado: 5:58pm On Apr 05
TUANKU:
AEDC staff dey collect 15k for bypass monthly, i witnessed it when i visited one estate in Lokogoma. cheesy
Seriously.
Why am I surprised anyway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Pose With Huge Python After Capturing It. Photos / Remi Tinubu: Deputy Senate President Is What I Want To Be / Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.