Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada (28468 Views)

Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months / Kwankwaso Directs ‘incoming PDP Governor’ Not To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage In Kan / Workers To Know New Minimum Wage In August, Says TUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by MMempire(m): 11:37am On Apr 06
004gist:

Since I travelled I have learnt not to insult the Nigeria state no matter what rather the insult should be directed to the leaders especially APC.

They came and destroyed our naira. Before this 30k minimum wage could buy 4 bags of foreign rice @ 2014 not very long now 4 bags in 2024 =320k.

Minimum wage 30k = 4 bags of rice in 2014
4 bags of rice 2024= 320k
South African minimum wage = 312k

Meaning that the purchase power of naira in 2014 was even higher than south Africans m.wage

In 2013/2014 corpers posted for NYSC service that received 30k alawee came back with savings of 250k with it they started business. Some even travelled to Cotonou to start importing goods

But today 30k no even fit reach 6 days e don finish

It shall never be well with APC

I believe the cost of electricity is subsidized in those countries but still yet Nigeria state of affairs is nothing to write home about
2013/2014 NYSC alawee is N19,800. Go and verify.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Maro65: 11:41am On Apr 06
helinues:

South Africa electricity that have collapsed for quite some time now. There electricity situation could be worst than Nigeria own currently

We want stable electricity, give us light yhen yehn yehn, then we will take care of ourselves.

Now they have given us the electricity rate, we have started compare and contrast..

How much do we spend on Owambe's religious activities compared to the new electricity tarrif?

We are not ready for stable electricity in Nigeria
This one don kolo finish.
You just a disgrace to adulthood
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Emperor5(m): 11:57am On Apr 06
helinues:

South Africa electricity that have collapsed for quite some time now. There electricity situation could be worst than Nigeria own currently

We want stable electricity, give us light yhen yehn yehn, then we will take care of ourselves.

Now they have given us the electricity rate, we have started compare and contrast..

How much do we spend on Owambe's religious activities compared to the new electricity tarrif?

Porous brain
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by missymide: 12:11pm On Apr 06
Some comments show nothing but a dumb person cos in your head the poster voted this this government.
mrvitalis:
Better shut up and pay your electricity bills.. If you don't like it you know exactly what to do simple

And if you don't know Then endure

Elections have consequences
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by HenryWilliams(m): 12:15pm On Apr 06
helinues:

This one is unfortunate..
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by EmiloCorn: 12:18pm On Apr 06
surgical:
many of them are walking dead already pretending to be ok,they have been fatally battered by Tinubu policies but being ABOBAKU ,they have to sink with their stupid choice,very shameless people
And don't forget also to be a member of APC or a supporter you have to be brainless

Stop this angry these are lies against my group.

Our only requirements for induction into the APC CoRn national is either/both Mental & Spiritual problems cool

Very very simple

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Tarabye: 12:32pm On Apr 06
Planning my departure from Nigeria soon.
It's been a decision long in the making, and I'm hopeful for the new chapter ahead.

1 Like

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by mrvitalis(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06
missymide:
Some comments show nothing but a dumb person cos in your head the poster voted this this government.
Voted or not is not mine business everyone should shut up and pay the bill

Did you hear me complain?
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by onegig(m): 12:46pm On Apr 06
The stupidity of this comparison knows no bounds. I really do no not want to respond to this but it seems like a lot of Nigerians seem to live in a bubble and don't really understand the way things work.

Minimum wage N2.3 million in Calagary? Lol, should we tell these people? And nah Electricity cost isn't the only thing you weigh against income. Even the cost shown here is false. You are comparing the norminal fee. Have you factored in rate rider, transmission and distribution fees that come with the average electricity bills in these countries?

Did you also compare House rent, waste management ? Property taxes? Sales taxes? And factored what chunk those take out of these minimum wage? Ordinary photocopy you would pay sales tax, even to pump your tire you would pay sale tales. Heck car wash would deduct sales tax. Asides from VAT on some goods purchased and payee by a select few, what taxes do Nigerians even pay? So how do you expect to maintain infrastructure?

Almost 90% of Nigerians don't pay any taxes but want the same level of services as if these utilities don't cost money. Ordinary N500 lawma fees 90% of people won't pay in Nigeria but expect a clean environment, good and regular service. The truck being used is imported, maintenance kits is imported. But nah, I want it to be free and government should perform magic.

This is an ordinary electricity bill for a home so that when you are comparing you make informed decisions. And don't even get me started on other utility bills.

The only way to get electricity is to pay the real rate of things. The subsidies in place are in fact a disservice to Nigeria. Instead of focusing on areas of growth, we are subsidising consumption.

Thankfully a lot of Nigerian youths are getting visas overseas and are learning the hard truth about how things work. Hopefully they are able to pass this message or bring back these knowledge to Nigeria to help remove of us from the shackles of the inefficiencies we tie ourselves to.

Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by descarado: 1:54pm On Apr 06
TUANKU:

They even offered me the same package if am willing to pay them monthly. They gave me a phone number to call whenever am ready to go rogue cheesy
Electricity officials. The most corrupt ministry in Nigeria. I worked there briefly, then relocated. Came back again and was offered a position but rejected cos I was on my way to immigrate.
So all the shenanigans happening there, I know too well.
I asked why my area was paying so much in bills and units flying with lightning speed and that was how I noticed we were on band A. Now it has increased again, wonder how much they will be spending ding.
My house as at 2017 will cost an average of 15k units. If you are not on prepaid, it's around 25k monthly. They bill according to your house type, band and electricity availability.

Read that band B and C will upgrade too.

Tinubu is using IMF manuscript. The south don't really care. Its the North that has been living rent free on govt over the years that will feel it. Nigerians need to get out of their comfort zone. This will make them start holding office holders accountable irrespective of tribe or religion.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Believeintruth: 2:36pm On Apr 06
deji17:

Apart from this emotional blackmail that some Nigerians are known for, what is the sense in this? Is Dublin subsidizing their Education, healthcare and other things too? You get many Public services almost for free, yet to pay for it will result into abuses, curses etc as if abuses and curses will provide necessary development.
The increase in electric tariff only affects a certain category called Tier A...

Oga try and use your sense when talking. I said advanced nations have some form of subsidy. You mention education where is Nigeria's subsidy on education? You keep bringing future tense in your analysis when the government has not even taken any Concrete steps in that regard. Make una fear God oooo so that thunder will not strike you dead one day.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Believeintruth: 2:36pm On Apr 06
004gist:

What do u understand I wrote

What a question
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by 004gist: 3:20pm On Apr 06
MMempire:

2013/2014 NYSC alawee is N19,800. Go and verify.

Even with that there where savings
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by deji17: 8:05pm On Apr 06
Believeintruth:

Oga try and use your sense when talking. I said advanced nations have some form of subsidy. You mention education where is Nigeria's subsidy on education? You keep bringing future tense in your analysis when the government has not even taken any Concrete steps in that regard. Make una fear God oooo so that thunder will not strike you dead one day.

If you don't know that Nigeria public education is subsidized, then there is no point wasting time with you. I hope you spend more time putting some knowledge in your head than engaging in emotional maligning and abuses.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by Believeintruth: 8:31pm On Apr 06
deji17:

If you don't know that Nigeria public education is subsidized, then there is no point wasting time with you. I hope you spend more time putting some knowledge in your head than engaging in emotional maligning and abuses.

Oga shut up your mouth there. You are the one throwing the jabs since talking about education subsidy.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by DaTruths: 9:31am On Apr 07
Ikaeniyan0:
There's a lot of irritating things like you online.

I wander why you lowlifes can't just write your own comment instead of crying about other people's comment.

If there's regular power supply, I don't mind the price cause I use a prepaid meter, it's my personal opinion, am not speaking for you or your family.

So if we pay that amount for electricity, there would be regular power supply like you are claiming?

Animals are really roaming on this Nairaland like my friend once said.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by allthingsgood: 12:29pm On Apr 07
emorse:

Regarding your first argument, are we supposed to pay before service? Do your customers pay you in anticipation that you'll deliver high quality products in the future?

Regarding your second argument, whose duty / responsibility is it to check meter bypass? Yours? Mine?

In summary, put yourself in their shoes. Not just that, relate with with your current realities(I'm assuming that you're a regular Nigerian like majority of those who will be forced to pay this tariffs) . Do your clients pay for your inadequacies?

Keep asking useless questions while remaining in darkness
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by allthingsgood: 12:31pm On Apr 07
Mrpojj:

I have never seen where you people use this demand and supply narrative,and it's benefiting the masses, demand and supply must always affect the common man

The increase in electricity is for the reach i.e Band A
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by allthingsgood: 12:34pm On Apr 07
Spuggie:

So let the authorities do their job.
It seems the lawful citizens are being punished for the inefficiency of the security agencies to clamp down on those bypassing the meter.

How many people does security agency want to clamp down on We are over 200million Nigerians! Can we stop supporting irresponsibility. It's an obligation for you to be responsible and do the right thing. If u don't, then we all continue in this suffering.
Re: Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada by BrighterSyde: 3:51pm On Apr 09
helinues:

It will not be well with the person who did this to you o. What about the other countries mentioned? It’s only South Africa you saw. And then you didn’t say anything about the minimum wage in those countries with respect to ours. But because you must support a useless government without applying your brains you suddenly didn’t see those pieces of information in the write-up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke And His Supporters Storm Osun PDP Secretariat (Photos) / Solomon Mwadvwang Shot Dead In Plateau, Daughter Injured / Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.