Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu (29919 Views)

Adelabu: Minister Of Power Sits In Darkness At The National Assembly (picture) / Nigerians Turn President Buhari Into Clown On Twitter / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nedekid: 2:52pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Only ignorant people will take this OP serious.

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.
You go explain, explain taya as you no make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nedekid: 2:54pm On Apr 06
Jjjustice:
I wonder what you people smoke always in trying to defend a failed government. Before now was the fraudulent fuel subsidy removal, can you please tell us how the removal of fuel subsidy in paper and not in reality has favoured you and I positively?

Are you minding that psychopath? Leave him to be explaining till infinity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by bentenny(m): 2:55pm On Apr 06
This can be likened to the minister of communication saying Nigerians make too much calls or waste too much internet data!

Why should I be constrained or impeded to use services that I paid for?

And why should electricity tariffs be increased to discourage me from using more power?

So where would the revenue be generated from the power sector?

This is classic foolishness!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Nairalander248: 2:55pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.

1st class in Accountancy and minister of power... grin cheesy you deserve a glass of sniper

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by lonlytroy(m): 2:56pm On Apr 06
Na all this bad belle people dey rule us
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ManDemMaCall(m): 2:56pm On Apr 06
Blood Clat, Babylon!

Who da heck is this goat, blabbing rubbish from his stinking mouth, d unfit idiot has nothing upstairs from my point of view..

There are ways you address stuffs like this in a polite manner that won't brings about anger from the citizens!

The choking from the federal government is get too much Abi una want make we vex!
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Obakoolex(m): 3:00pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

If a dog has 1st class in biting and backing, does it mean it can swim more than a baby fish
I believe Tinubu is trying but Adelabu is not fit for that power role abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Artscollection: 3:00pm On Apr 06
nairalanda1:
The thing is, power is very expensive to produce

Nairametrics has stated that it would cost 100 billion dollars to give every Nigerian 24 hour power supply. Over a period of 5 years. And the only way it can be done is to let the power sector charge cost reflective tarrifs.

Yes, the power companies made over one trillion naira in profit last year. Good for them. They also owe 1.7 trillion to the gas man,and the gas man has also raised their prices recently. Then they owe state and federal government taxes. Also three of the discos declared force majeure because they cannot earn enough. Then there are the losses from corruption and mismanagement and power theft. Even aso Rock don't pay for power.

So either we pay cost reflective tarrifs or we would never have good enough power.

People on this site have abused me and trolled me for this my belief. And even called me apc supporter when apc is still paying subsidy. But the sad thing is, no matter how much you abuse me , it costs money to generate power. And things like new power stations cost money. Expanding the grid to carry 50000 mw, which is what we need to supply everyone and even export power will cost a lot of money.

So, we can keep lying to ourselves anyway. Lying to ourselves by paying subsidy for 50 years is why we are here with bad power.

GSM works better because they have the right to set their prices.

At the end, I am.not defending any useless government. Back when pdp was in charge most of the people defending subsidy then are attacking it now. Most of the subsidy removal supporters now are people who when gej wanted to remove it were attacking him. Am sure some of you think I marched at ojota. I didn't. Infact gej, noi and sls are the people who taught me why subsidy is bad. It strikes down growth and profit. Even when you make the profit , it don't do much. I have held this view for 12 years, and it has nothing to do with politics.

So Nigerians, as useless as this apc government is, their self inflicted financial mess has forced them to take the first steps towards a wise decision. We need investors and the reasons why we never had sane people buying our power sector is because none of them want to come and invest and never see their investment because subsidy. Once that is gone, things might change.

You are free to disagree with me and to call me government propaganda and to say am making the poor suffer. Or you can support your right to defend the right to make a profit. Whether disco or you. You will never cut your prices to help the poor. You have a business to run.

( Any abuse is useless. You don't need to get mad over the fact that things cost money after all.)

Nobody is abusing you, just try and be using your whole brain when analysing critical issues like this one.
It is the duty of the govt to plug any loophole in the system be it corruption or inefficiency. Do you know 70% of Nigerians electricity users are been exploited by service providers via estimated bills
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Styluss: 3:02pm On Apr 06
Long time outside here and the freezer has never been off, who caused Nigeria?
NLCreator:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Y2tY9tp85/?igsh=MXQ0c2p3bzgzZ2hhNA==
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Onyedikachi231: 3:03pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

Go to school first. With ignorant comments, guys like him will trash and ignore you forever.
It's until you go to school, pay the price for real education, that you realise that you're not destined to be a nobody, at least, intellectually.

Smh. To be a Minister of Power, it's not compulsory to be an Engineer. The choice of an experienced and brilliant Accountant like him now makes sense if you understand that the biggest problem now with our public electricity system is accounting problems. Operators, regulators and consumers are battling cost reflective issues. The Engineers are on the team as well as lawyers etc
Go to school o. Trolling and criminal cyberbullying is not work abeg

Like tinubu paid to go to a real school but was still scared of it being released.

APC urchins, I will never use becauSe of urchins like you to classify that beautiful and accommodating tribe the yorubas as being morons wiehlthe way you reason.

So an accountant who maybe TCN calls up to him to explain the Kirchhoff s current law, what will happen, that is why your hypocrisy has a stench, an appointment done by favouritism is what you defending. Evil people putting square pegs in a round hole.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Artscollection: 3:03pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

Oluwale first class wey full una side !!! Show all working don reach, they are running from pillars to post.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Obakoolex(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06
ivandragon:
What an irony...

These are people who while at functions, the official vehicle is kept running for hours so it would be cool when they are entering it.

People who don't obey traffic lights because they are in official vehicles.

People who use official vehicles for private errands.

People who post government security agents 24/7 at remote homes they visit just once or twice a year.

These are the people talking about waste and excesses...

It is very unfortunate that a party like APC exists...
You wrote a lot of sense until your last sentence, show me the party in Nigeria that's not guilty of all you wrote above??
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06
Artscollection:

Nobody is abusing you

Yes....

just try and be using your whole brain when analysing critical issues like this one.

Yes, I have, O great teacher, and I believe that it makes sense to let people charge their own prices, rather than do price control and subsidy.

Remember the USSR. They subsidised everything. So also many communist countries. TIll they all collapsed under the resulting debt . The comminist countries that survive have mainly adopted free market practice...that;s how China went from being a shithole nation to industrial superpower. Or they have stagnanted like North korea...which is kept alive by money from the chinese.

Prices of things don';t respect anyone's wallet.

It is the duty of the govt to plug any loophole in the system be it corruption or inefficiency. Do you know 70% of Nigerians electricity users are been exploited by service providers via estimated bills

And the estimated billing arises because of price controls and subsides preventing the discos from making money. Add stealing of power which costs the discos billions in losses. So, the company has to rip off their customers who do pay, or they collapse
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Papayaayasager(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06
Mad man, are you the one buying prepaid tokens for them?

Did they come to you to borrow them money, even if they do will you lend them?

Ewu hausa
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Nfora: 3:05pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

Go to school first. With ignorant comments, guys like him will trash and ignore you forever.
It's until you go to school, pay the price for real education, that you realise that you're not destined to be a nobody, at least, intellectually.

Smh. To be a Minister of Power, it's not compulsory to be an Engineer. The choice of an experienced and brilliant Accountant like him now makes sense if you understand that the biggest problem now with our public electricity system is accounting problems. Operators, regulators and consumers are battling cost reflective issues. The Engineers are on the team as well as lawyers etc

You are just a dunce.

So the biggest problem we have in electricity is accounting ?

Orisirisi

I had rather say the biggest problem you and your first class accounting minister has,is accounting.

Otherwise, you should know that stupidity is when you compare price of electricity in Nigeria,with other countries,without comparing the income levels in same countries.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by faceland: 3:07pm On Apr 06
Inspirer1:
So unfortunate,,,, he is even saying power is cheaper here, that's why they increased it i guess, so Mr Minister should tell us what the minimum wage is in UK or Canada and what is it in Nigeria, perhaps we can start from there

....and those people struggle with paying their bills (despite their daily minimum wage is greater than our monthly)
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Onyedikachi231: 3:08pm On Apr 06
Obakoolex:

You wrote a lot of sense until your last sentence, show me the party in Nigeria that's not guilty of all you wrote above??

So because all the parties are doing it, it is normal, it is an APC urchin that accused Nigerians including I of wastefulness, so your delusional hypocrisy didn't see that, so we should also keep quiet because every party is doing it?

If not for one thing I for call you a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ppogba: 3:09pm On Apr 06
All these rubbish talk will not save Adelabu when the time for cabinet reshuffle comes.

Rather, it will leave people with what to quote when the time for Governorahip ambition comes.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by lagosrd: 3:11pm On Apr 06
NLCreator:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Y2tY9tp85/?igsh=MXQ0c2p3bzgzZ2hhNA==

Thank you oyo people for voting engr seyi makinde. Una for be the first to smell pepper
🤣🤣🤣

Gos save us from the spirit and battle of slavery
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by plaetton: 3:13pm On Apr 06
ivandragon:
What an irony...

These are people who while at functions, the official vehicle is kept running for hours so it would be cool when they are entering it.

People who don't obey traffic lights because they are in official vehicles.

People who use official vehicles for private errands.

People who post government security agents 24/7 at remote homes they visit just once or twice a year.

These are the people talking about waste and excesses...

It is very unfortunate that a party like APC exists...
Irony indeed
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by 123yes(m): 3:14pm On Apr 06
Nigerians sees una leaders. How they talk without reason. I don't blame them but the masses that are fighting themseves because of them.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by plaetton: 3:15pm On Apr 06
Nfora:

You are just a dunce.

So the biggest problem we have in electricity is accounting ?

Orisirisi

I had rather say the biggest problem you and your first class accounting minister has,is accounting.

Otherwise, you should know that stupidity is when you compare price of electricity in Nigeria,with other countries,without comparing the income levels in same countries.

That guy is a first class Dunce, with a capital letter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Coconunu(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06
Just imagine wetin dis uncivilized big fool is saying.... You forget say we dey buy electricity unit idiot
I go recharge my prepaid meter and u no want make i use am to my satisfaction
Monkey like u
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Onyedikachi231: 3:17pm On Apr 06
PandoraObi:
He is correct, you never see 100, 65 or 200 candescent bulbs in Liberia, a school there that used $100 worth of current between 3weeks became wise. they don't leave appliances on when it is not mostly needed.

Purge yourself of bitterness and grieves, empty your cup, read and understand, don't let anguish render your brain useless

advice from goal post shifting APC urchin.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by SirLakes: 3:17pm On Apr 06
We should be turning it on per hour

It will not be well with you and all agbadorians
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by jamesversion: 3:18pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

From Accountancy to ministry of Power. Why didn't his 1st class make him minister of finance. A jon mean t for engineers was given to an accountant. No wonder he is blabbing.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by yemmywesey(m): 3:21pm On Apr 06
Adelabu or minister Labzy, you can't determine how or when to use my appliances. You better go and get a diploma in electrical engineering so that you can understand the power bank ministry you were given so as to know that your first class degree in accounting is different from power ministry.
You should be sacked immediately from that ministry.
You should not even think of contesting for governor in oyo state, because you will be a disaster to the people of oyo state.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Paparazi2011(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by aywagze(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06
This twit should not be allowed to hold a public office again ..always spewing rubbish from day one ..🤔
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by frog12: 3:25pm On Apr 06
the MAN dey talk true. people go leave FAN on but they are not in the room for hours
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Patojargz: 3:26pm On Apr 06
Adelabu u lack ideas and you're from the pit of hell cos u like darkness..
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by sslcrypt: 3:26pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

can you imagine what this low life is saying? you don't have to be an engineer to run a ministry that has to do with power? Lord Jesus please come down and strike these demons. They bask and celebrate when the blood of the innocent is been spilled.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike, Tonye Cole, Magnus Abe, Ojukaye In a Handshake / Buratai Reduced Army To Fulani-Hausa Muslims Caucus - Intersociety / Buhari Appoints Elias Nwalem Mbam as RMAFC chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.