Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu (29927 Views)

Adelabu: Minister Of Power Sits In Darkness At The National Assembly (picture) / Nigerians Turn President Buhari Into Clown On Twitter / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by tnerro1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 06
nairalanda1:
The thing is, power is very expensive to produce

Nairametrics has stated that it would cost 100 billion dollars to give every Nigerian 24 hour power supply. Over a period of 5 years. And the only way it can be done is to let the power sector charge cost reflective tarrifs.

Yes, the power companies made over one trillion naira in profit last year. Good for them. They also owe 1.7 trillion to the gas man,and the gas man has also raised their prices recently. Then they owe state and federal government taxes. Also three of the discos declared force majeure because they cannot earn enough. Then there are the losses from corruption and mismanagement and power theft. Even aso Rock don't pay for power.

So either we pay cost reflective tarrifs or we would never have good enough power.

People on this site have abused me and trolled me for this my belief. And even called me apc supporter when apc is still paying subsidy. But the sad thing is, no matter how much you abuse me , it costs money to generate power. And things like new power stations cost money. Expanding the grid to carry 50000 mw, which is what we need to supply everyone and even export power will cost a lot of money.

So, we can keep lying to ourselves anyway. Lying to ourselves by paying subsidy for 50 years is why we are here with bad power.

GSM works better because they have the right to set their prices.

At the end, I am.not defending any useless government. Back when pdp was in charge most of the people defending subsidy then are attacking it now. Most of the subsidy removal supporters now are people who when gej wanted to remove it were attacking him. Am sure some of you think I marched at ojota. I didn't. Infact gej, noi and sls are the people who taught me why subsidy is bad. It strikes down growth and profit. Even when you make the profit , it don't do much. I have held this view for 12 years, and it has nothing to do with politics.

So Nigerians, as useless as this apc government is, their self inflicted financial mess has forced them to take the first steps towards a wise decision. We need investors and the reasons why we never had sane people buying our power sector is because none of them want to come and invest and never see their investment because subsidy. Once that is gone, things might change.

You are free to disagree with me and to call me government propaganda and to say am making the poor suffer. Or you can support your right to defend the right to make a profit. Whether disco or you. You will never cut your prices to help the poor. You have a business to run.

( Any abuse is useless. You don't need to get mad over the fact that things cost money after all.)

The sad truth is that even after the cost reflective tariffs, the federal government and her agencies will still not pay for the power and they are the highest consumers of power. My friend in the police barracks can’t even remember when he paid for power last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Elidrisy20: 5:53pm On Apr 06
Na him papa buy am for dem?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by DMerciful(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06
Defended Buhari's pestilence on Nigerians and now defending Tinubu's pestilence.

What is wrong with you guys?
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Only ignorant people will take this OP serious.

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 6:00pm On Apr 06
yemmit90:

Is like you are still being fed by your parents .

You can disagree with me, but you don't have to be abusive and childish
Grow up.

I'm serious. If I said that you were still being fed by your parents, not only won't you like it, you would get angry and upset. You don't have to do to others what you don't want to be done to you.

If you talk smack again, I'll simply report you to the mods.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Donedeal1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06
Laments
Is it your freezer
Energy bulbs that Jonathan promised us
To reduced energy consumption
Is yet to arrive Nigeria
After ten years
But the government will be quickly to
Apportioned blames to Nigerian
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Dybala11(m): 6:12pm On Apr 06
snowball11:

Don't mind the musa with no sense of his own! undecided

Fisrt class of oau my foot! grin
Wetin even concern first class yarn with the issue on ground to start with?
This people and shifting the goal post all in a bid to find excuses for failures. A typical Agbado muncher like him will tell Nigerians that APC have excuses to fail for 100 years since PDP failed Nigerians for 16 years. These lots can never fail to amaze us o. 😬😬😬😬
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Bluntemperor: 6:19pm On Apr 06
tnerro1:

The sad truth is that even after the cost reflective tariffs, the federal government and her agencies will still not pay for the power and they are the highest consumers of power. My friend in the police barracks can’t even remember when he paid for power last.

That they Govt,including Many States,the MDAS ( Min and Depts),the States and National Assembly - are the greatest Debtors!
Another thing is the Minister of Power - Adelabu- saying that - if everyone is supplied the Pre- Paid,then if I now enjoy my 24/7 light,why is he blaming those who left their light on? Can't your Prepaid Meters takes care of that
or is that reason of Consumption Management tenable?
Why can't your dept provide Nigerians with Pre- Paid Meters - just because of Corruption!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ntyce(m): 6:25pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.

What he said on air, you're here denying.

Ori gbogbo yin ma buru nii

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by freemanq(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06
Are we really in animal kingdom, so an average Nigerians can't enjoy Ac nor put on their refrigerator again. What an insult of the highest order, A man from no where will now have right to speak to Nigerians as Slaves because someone appointed him as a minister. Well all this are eye opener come next election our youths should used their brain and save this nation from Evil men that have refused to let this country move forward, many who collected #5,000 during election how far now? This man should Apologies and withdraw his statement
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by tivhador: 6:51pm On Apr 06
Hope the nigga slumps very soon
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Ameduedwin: 6:51pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

you are the most ignorant here, a 1st class in account now qualify him to be Minister of power, nobody read electrical engineering in Nigeria again ?, what does accountant have to do with power? Misplaced priority, you speak nonsense to justify your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Jeje247: 6:53pm On Apr 06
NLCreator:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Y2tY9tp85/?igsh=MXQ0c2p3bzgzZ2hhNA==
You see the nonsense in power. People are enjoying the service so you intend to make it expensive so that they have hard time getting it just to suit your wierd fantasy of seeing people suffer
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06
Let’s be frank, power is cheap in Nigeria. If not what else is responsible for people leaving their security lights on 24hrs.
In my area they sometimes leave our streetlights on all through the day, and I do tell my wife that electricity is too cheap Nigeria. Them no born you well to put lights on anyhow
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by highoctane: 7:32pm On Apr 06
Talk to me directly, don't go through the bending corner.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by DrMuzungu(m): 7:42pm On Apr 06
Nigeria produces around 2.5% of what developed countries produce, per capita. And this incompetent greedy corrupt c0cksvcker tells Nigerians to consume less... WTF?! Embezzle less, build 45 power plants for each power plant that exists today, and then open your dirty gutter mouth.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by PotatoSalad(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

Room temperature IQ
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by palsenator(m): 7:55pm On Apr 06
NLCreator:

Even in the face of the obvious, these fools will still try to justify their ineptitudes. It's sad
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by OtunbaJ: 8:05pm On Apr 06
This man must be stupid for such statement, so I should hustle money take buy freezer n hustle money cook then I should now off d freezer for the food items to spoil. Ori yin daru sir
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by PandoraObi: 8:06pm On Apr 06
Onyedikachi231:

I know your mama gave birth to you in a chemist store through abortion, the LovePeddler raped agberos.
I see, no wonder you are embittered, grieving and frustrated, I didn't expect your mother to be what you listed and you are normal, but despite what you said she is a trollop and LovePeddler raped by agberos and unknown gunmen, that doesn't mean you should ridicule and molest the mother that gave birth to you just because she did do much for you, respect, honor and take care of her despite your embittered grouse against her.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Killermamba: 8:07pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

ok professor know it all, what about the poor people on band A who will pay for them?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Harfisco(m): 8:26pm On Apr 06
Minister of darkness
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by funshint(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06
This Adelabu is a fool and a disaster in power.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Inspirer1: 8:29pm On Apr 06
maasoap:

Laughing. How many workers earning or making above 100k monthly in Nigeria as at today?
my.reference is UK.
But you just proved my point in terms of earnings with respect to minimum wage
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ogbe88(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06
PandoraObi:
He is correct, you never see 100, 65 or 200 candescent bulbs in Liberia, a school there that used $100 worth of current between 3weeks became wise. they don't leave appliances on when it is not mostly needed.

Purge yourself of bitterness and grieves, empty your cup, read and understand, don't let anguish render your brain useless
U are not well.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Testimony1988(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06
Customers using prepaid meters won't do such.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Gbatse: 8:39pm On Apr 06
So, when a consumer is using much, he/she should pay higher? If one is buying 100ltrs of PM's everyday, his price tag should be higher than others...... What kind of mathematics is this?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Etogo1: 8:47pm On Apr 06
nairalanda1:
The thing is, power is very expensive to produce

Nairametrics has stated that it would cost 100 billion dollars to give every Nigerian 24 hour power supply. Over a period of 5 years. And the only way it can be done is to let the power sector charge cost reflective tarrifs.

Yes, the power companies made over one trillion naira in profit last year. Good for them. They also owe 1.7 trillion to the gas man,and the gas man has also raised their prices recently. Then they owe state and federal government taxes. Also three of the discos declared force majeure because they cannot earn enough. Then there are the losses from corruption and mismanagement and power theft. Even aso Rock don't pay for power.

So either we pay cost reflective tarrifs or we would never have good enough power.

People on this site have abused me and trolled me for this my belief. And even called me apc supporter when apc is still paying subsidy. But the sad thing is, no matter how much you abuse me , it costs money to generate power. And things like new power stations cost money. Expanding the grid to carry 50000 mw, which is what we need to supply everyone and even export power will cost a lot of money.

So, we can keep lying to ourselves anyway. Lying to ourselves by paying subsidy for 50 years is why we are here with bad power.

GSM works better because they have the right to set their prices.

At the end, I am.not defending any useless government. Back when pdp was in charge most of the people defending subsidy then are attacking it now. Most of the subsidy removal supporters now are people who when gej wanted to remove it were attacking him. Am sure some of you think I marched at ojota. I didn't. Infact gej, noi and sls are the people who taught me why subsidy is bad. It strikes down growth and profit. Even when you make the profit , it don't do much. I have held this view for 12 years, and it has nothing to do with politics.

So Nigerians, as useless as this apc government is, their self inflicted financial mess has forced them to take the first steps towards a wise decision. We need investors and the reasons why we never had sane people buying our power sector is because none of them want to come and invest and never see their investment because subsidy. Once that is gone, things might change.

You are free to disagree with me and to call me government propaganda and to say am making the poor suffer. Or you can support your right to defend the right to make a profit. Whether disco or you. You will never cut your prices to help the poor. You have a business to run.

( Any abuse is useless. You don't need to get mad over the fact that things cost money after all.)

You are absolutely right Boss.
Most Nigerians are not that smart.
We have a long way to Go.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Kurugu92(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06
NGsultan:
Imagine the nonsense
is he lying? I was born in benin republic ,bro we have iron but still we don't use them,we even select the kind of movie we watch not that the power is not stable.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by albert2512: 9:02pm On Apr 06
NLCreator:

How many house adelabu entered? This people will just talk like they are talking to fools. This people underrated the masses
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Berankis: 9:11pm On Apr 06
Na where Baba Tee dey get all these collections of Maniacs in his Government. They speak as if their brains got missing in their heads!
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Telltruth123: 9:58pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:

It's like you know and connect to most of Nigerian politicians please I need empowerment to start a business. I am a graduate of accounting but I am underemployed and the little money I saved from my salary during Buhari tenure has disappeared now because of inflation.

If you see where I live now you will pity me, I really need help. I want to start business, this salary work is not making me to come out of poverty.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by armadeo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06
This one na craze man be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Wedding Of Emir Sanusi's Niece, Mufida In Pictures / Why I Visited Obasanjo - Ali-Modu Sheriff (Photo) / Senate Crisis: ‘rebel’ Group Emerges As Saraki Adopts Fire-for-fire Approach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.