Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu (29940 Views)

Nigerians Turn President Buhari Into Clown On Twitter / Nigerians Turn Buhari’s Twitter Page Into Portal For Follow Backs / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Konquest: 11:28pm On Apr 06
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Greattha: 2:12am On Apr 07
They seek power to oppress the masses. Nothing else.

Imagine this useless statement from a serving minister and there'll be no repercussions.

A man who couldn't win governorship in his state but was dashed ministerial position.

If not because there's no accountability from serving politicians in Nigeria, they wouldn't make such uncouth statements without fear of backlash.

NLCreator:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5Y2tY9tp85/?igsh=MXQ0c2p3bzgzZ2hhNA==
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ironheart(m): 5:47am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:
The thing is, power is very expensive to produce

Nairametrics has stated that it would cost 100 billion dollars to give every Nigerian 24 hour power supply. Over a period of 5 years. And the only way it can be done is to let the power sector charge cost reflective tarrifs.

Yes, the power companies made over one trillion naira in profit last year. Good for them. They also owe 1.7 trillion to the gas man,and the gas man has also raised their prices recently. Then they owe state and federal government taxes. Also three of the discos declared force majeure because they cannot earn enough. Then there are the losses from corruption and mismanagement and power theft. Even aso Rock don't pay for power.

So either we pay cost reflective tarrifs or we would never have good enough power.

People on this site have abused me and trolled me for this my belief. And even called me apc supporter when apc is still paying subsidy. But the sad thing is, no matter how much you abuse me , it costs money to generate power. And things like new power stations cost money. Expanding the grid to carry 50000 mw, which is what we need to supply everyone and even export power will cost a lot of money.

So, we can keep lying to ourselves anyway. Lying to ourselves by paying subsidy for 50 years is why we are here with bad power.

GSM works better because they have the right to set their prices.

At the end, I am.not defending any useless government. Back when pdp was in charge most of the people defending subsidy then are attacking it now. Most of the subsidy removal supporters now are people who when gej wanted to remove it were attacking him. Am sure some of you think I marched at ojota. I didn't. Infact gej, noi and sls are the people who taught me why subsidy is bad. It strikes down growth and profit. Even when you make the profit , it don't do much. I have held this view for 12 years, and it has nothing to do with politics.

So Nigerians, as useless as this apc government is, their self inflicted financial mess has forced them to take the first steps towards a wise decision. We need investors and the reasons why we never had sane people buying our power sector is because none of them want to come and invest and never see their investment because subsidy. Once that is gone, things might change.

You are free to disagree with me and to call me government propaganda and to say am making the poor suffer. Or you can support your right to defend the right to make a profit. Whether disco or you. You will never cut your prices to help the poor. You have a business to run.

( Any abuse is useless. You don't need to get mad over the fact that things cost money after all.)
your analysis makes sense if they are billing customers with accurate data. More than 90% of customer are under estimated billing. They pay for darkness because there is no light. Over 10years they did not invest in improving power generation or distribution. Yet they increase tariff arbitrarily. It doesn't make sense
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 7:35am On Apr 07
ironheart:
your analysis makes sense if they are billing customers with accurate data. More than 90% of customer are under estimated billing. They pay for darkness because there is no light. Over 10years they did not invest in improving power generation or distribution. Yet they increase tariff arbitrarily. It doesn't make sense

Actually, a lot of people have meters. that 90% is flawed.

Plus, ripping off happens because subsidy prevents the companies from making a profit that can keep them running well
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by BeeNG3: 7:50am On Apr 07
Wèrè
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by StarRida: 8:28am On Apr 07
Whatever that we're witnessing in this Tinubu's Government it's not new to some of us who have known Tinubu when he was Governor of Lagos State this is exactly his style of leadership you people have not seen anything yet he will definitely start home to home taxation soon you people have not started paying for television,fan,fridge,A/c use levy it will reach everyone even those idiots defending this calamity that befalls us as a Nation
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by femynho(m): 9:04am On Apr 07
ivandragon:
What an irony...

These are people who while at functions, the official vehicle is kept running for hours so it would be cool when they are entering it.

People who don't obey traffic lights because they are in official vehicles.

People who use official vehicles for private errands.

People who post government security agents 24/7 at remote homes they visit just once or twice a year.

These are the people talking about waste and excesses...

It is very unfortunate that a party like APC exists...

You nailed it.

There is a guy above who said the Minister of Power has first class in Accounting...to perform a duty be it private or public or even in business, has LITTLE OR NOTHING to do to with your class grade in school.

COMPETENCY IS REQUIRED AND NOT ACADEMIC GRADE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by CHARLOE(m): 9:05am On Apr 07
NOETHNICITY:
Let’s be frank, power is cheap in Nigeria. If not what else is responsible for people leaving their security lights on 24hrs.
In my area they sometimes leave our streetlights on all through the day, and I do tell my wife that electricity is too cheap Nigeria. Them no born you well to put lights on anyhow
Give them prepaid meter n see if they'd waste d light. D discos are hoarding d prepaid meters cos they make more money from estimated billing. My area has Not seen light up to 48hrs in d last 5 months, yet they don't fail to send monthly bills of 4-7k.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by CHARLOE(m): 9:12am On Apr 07
Elibaba1:

Shunobi was ‘NEVER’ CBN Governor, Acting is not substantive in his regards. In the future or now when CBN Governor’s are listed, He will never be in the list of people like Soludo who governed the APEX Bank. Just to be clear. No be fight.
U dey mind d mumu? Besides, engr Shonubi is an economist, marketer n IT expert with decades of experience in d banking sector. How can u compare that to an accountant with zero experience in d power sector becoming d minister of power?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Onyedikachi231: 10:42am On Apr 07
PandoraObi:
I see, no wonder you are embittered, grieving and frustrated, I didn't expect your mother to be what you listed and you are normal, but despite what you said she is a trollop and LovePeddler raped by agberos and unknown gunmen, that doesn't mean you should ridicule and molest the mother that gave birth to you just because she did do much for you, respect, honor and take care of her despite your embittered grouse against her.

Your tears are sweeter than honey, bring in more buckets.

In next episode, I heard it is industrial that can wash her Punana as the industrial waste their are insurmountable?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by comrChris(m): 10:48am On Apr 07
As at last year we used to have atleast 16 hours electricity per day but now, we barely see 6 hours in a week.
This man should hide his face in shame for such a total collapse of power sector under his watch
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ironheart(m): 11:01am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

Actually, a lot of people have meters. that 90% is flawed.

Plus, ripping off happens because subsidy prevents the companies from making a profit that can keep them running well
bro my job entails me travelling round the country and visiting places within each city. And i can tell you for a fact that most customers are not metered. Also the majority of metered customer are within the state capital or centre with high brow area. Even where i live, we have more people not metred compared to metred customers
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by harmargedon: 11:04am On Apr 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Only ignorant people will take this OP serious.

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
so if I only get electricity once in a week I'll fall under the subsidy umbrella?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by nairalanda1(m): 11:05am On Apr 07
ironheart:
bro my job entails me travelling round the country and visiting places within each city. And i can tell you for a fact that most customers are not metered. Also the majority of metered customer are within the state capital or centre with high brow area. Even where i live, we have more people not metred compared to metred customers

Even then it isn't as bad as you think

Abuja disco has meterd 60% of its customers. Enugu and port disco 41%, Ibadan 50%, then Kaduna and Kano disco 24 % . Yola 19%. Jos 33% . National overall 44% . Nerc figures

Source
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Ekaka14: 11:30am On Apr 07
Se this Ibadan boy is not certainly brai.n dead bayi ...tori Oloun shocked
Anyway like Minister, like Principal...
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07
CHARLOE:

Give them prepaid meter n see if they'd waste d light. D discos are hoarding d prepaid meters cos they make more money from estimated billing. My area has Not seen light up to 48hrs in d last 5 months, yet they don't fail to send monthly bills of 4-7k.
I live in a neighborhood that is 98-99% metered
Yet my neighbors security lights are always on
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by drugBaronTINUBU: 1:08pm On Apr 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Only ignorant people will take this OP serious.

The interview stated that the main reason is because government has been subsidising and it's unsustainable so they approved NERC's recommendation that electricity consumers who get electricity for 20 hours and above should be taken off subsidy so that government can still manage to cope giving subsidies to those enjoying less hours of electricity.

You guys better quit social media and go to great school so that Government will take you serious. That man , the Minister of Power, Adelabu, you are misquoting has a 1st Class in Accountancy from OAU, Ile Ife o.

It's not enough to hide on the social media to troll, insult and criminally cyberbully others, what do you have to offer and what are you doing to make your life and that of others better.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
U people are irredeemable
How do u subsidize what u dont have?
Do u have constant electricity?
How much is minimum wage again?
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by CHARLOE(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Go to school first. With ignorant comments, guys like him will trash and ignore you forever.
It's until you go to school, pay the price for real education, that you realise that you're not destined to be a nobody, at least, intellectually.

Smh. To be a Minister of Power, it's not compulsory to be an Engineer. The choice of an experienced and brilliant Accountant like him now makes sense if you understand that the biggest problem now with our public electricity system is accounting problems. Operators, regulators and consumers are battling cost reflective issues. The Engineers are on the team as well as lawyers etc
Go to school o. Trolling and criminal cyberbullying is not work abeg

Smh. Ignorance is not bliss o. The immediate past CBN Governor, Engr F. A. Shonubi, is a UNILAG- trained Engineer.
I am sure you have no idea of this information
yet going on like empty barrel. Go to school and quit the social media. It's not helping you grow in knowledge.
Acting CBN Gov u mean. Engr Shonubi is a marketer, an economist and IT expert with decades of experience in the banking industry, unlike ur accountant turned minister of power with zero experience in the power sector. Trying to be clever by half
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by PandoraObi: 2:56pm On Apr 07
Onyedikachi231:

Your tears are sweeter than honey, bring in more buckets.

In next episode, I heard it is industrial that can wash her Punana as the industrial waste their are insurmountable?

Oooh you are drinking your mother's agonizing bitter tears, common, you even said her punana is industrial sewage oozing out like abandoned mortuary, where you came out from? common your mother do not deserve these distasteful comments from you.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by NaMe4: 3:08pm On Apr 07
Rubbish.

That's why everyone should be metered.
If you like leave whatever switched on, you pay for the electricity.

This can't be a sensible reason for hiking electricity cost.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by missymide: 3:34pm On Apr 07
Wondering how mad people get to the top sha.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Ulogwe1: 3:43pm On Apr 07
I foresee this minister to be the worst minister in this present cabinet.

By their utterances we shall know them.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Maydfourth: 6:52pm On Apr 07
This guy again...Peculiar mess talking rubbish.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by mutvy: 8:00pm On Apr 07
Bastards,thieves, ritualists and cannibals have taken over the whole Nigeria. Leave Nigeria or get eaten.
Imagine what a useless animal who was made the minister of power is saying.
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by ellizy(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07
How I wish this man can listen to what he has said over and over again to know the NONSENSE he has spoken from a rotten mouth
Re: Nigerians Turn On Their AC, Freezers For Days Even While Not Using Them- Adelabu by Pedro334(m): 9:39pm On Apr 07
As the old man don finally throw Nigerians under their bus , it is time for Nigerians to knock down the engine and burst the whole tyres of the bus that is carrying us to where we no know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints His Own 'reuben Abati' / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Governor Ayade Forcefully Collects Car He Gifted Florence Ita-Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.