Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics (31366 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / 'We Don’t Have Money To Fight COVID-19 But We Have God'-Adeboye Tells Bill Gates / Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Bfly: 8:50pm On Apr 07
I only know Jehovah, God Almighty.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 9:23pm On Apr 07
advanceDNA:

So when Jesus handed over his mother to John
at the cross He said the people should pray to his mother?

Oga....all i asked u is biblical backing of ur claims.......not all this assumption and over-interpretation of the written accounts

..no need to group me with any church...I dont identify with Pentecostal or baptist.....we are talking of what is written in scriptures.....abi ur bible different..??.. Show me what u read not what ur pope or priest said it should be...

Even Jesus with all his authority quoted what is written when he needed to prove some things to the Pharisees and scribes
The reason I say u pentecostal have a default knowledge about Christianity. Lest u won't make those assumptions about the person of Mary. Her person to Jesus was actually revealed in the wedding at Canaan marking Chrsit first miracle on earth. This miracle was made possible by the intercession of Mary her mother. Even the Muslim who are more religiously grounded than u pentecostal churches have a place for Mary in their Quran. So
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by UbaPhilipo: 9:35pm On Apr 07
joefelin2345:
Which one is Kingdom Age? Can you expatiate with Biblical References pls?
only the true elect of the age understand, you are canal sold to the flesh... Go find out from ur pastor
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 9:40pm On Apr 07
Willed042:

The reason I say u pentecostal have a default knowledge about Christianity. Lest u won't make those assumptions about the person of Mary. Her person to Jesus was actually revealed in the wedding at Canaan marking Chrsit first miracle on earth. This miracle was made possible by the intercession of Mary her mother. Even the Muslim who are more religiously grounded than u pentecostal churches have a place for Mary in their Quran. So

Honestly U are a comedian..........prayer is the way to commune with God.....scriptures even gave account on how to pray....and also how many saints/believers prayed..... Jesus went further saying "ask in my name"

This is the last time I will ask u..before I will conclude u are only spitting back vague and ambiguous interpretation ur parish priests have told u

Oga....show me where it is written u should pray to Mary...
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 9:41pm On Apr 07
UbaPhilipo:
only the true elect of the age understand, you are canal sold to the flesh... Go find out from ur pastor

Just tell am so u nor know.....
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Apr 07
Kay25:
i did not abi u didn't that's why i asked u how old are u
Oh, i did grow up around the time that Idahosa began making his name in the media through manipulation just the same as t other scammers of today did. He was a scammer in Sheep's clothing as well . After all mentored the likes of Oyedepos and numerous other scammers out there today. They built on pretty much the very same plan that he rolled out for them. undecided
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Apr 07
UbaPhilipo:
Rubbish! The elects were those spoken of by Isaiah in Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21. And they where all marked and sent out by the Father, not Jesus Christ, over 1900 years ago, right before He destroyed Jerusalem. That you still believe they are yet to be sent forth by God has to do with the bare fact that you don't believe God or His prophets. undecided
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by JOMAX: 10:26pm On Apr 07
[quote author=Omooba77 post=129295636]

It's my first time to see so many blind and ignorantly stubborn humans in one thread. Lord have mercy.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by aswani(m): 12:28am On Apr 08
Kobojunkie:
Idahosa was a scammer who happened to thrive under military tmes more than the others could. Stop deceiving yourselves as they are all of the same scam. undecided

I don't like agreeing with you but my God you are killing it on this thread.

Idahosa was so full of himself, he banned his congregation from reading the Concord simply because they investigated and exposed him for the charlatan that he is.

He didn't respond to the allegations, he just banned the paper and labelled it the devil's whatever while ripping a copy to shred for effect.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by UbaPhilipo: 5:51am On Apr 08
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! The elects were those spoken of by Isaiah in Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21. And they where all marked and sent out by the Father, not Jesus Christ, over 1900 years ago, right before He destroyed Jerusalem. That you still believe they are yet to be sent forth by God has to do with the bare fact that you don't believe God or His prophets. undecided
do you now believe that you are in the flesh¿. Because your knowledge of God ends in the scripture, only canal and foolish people think God is in the scripture (john5:39) for ur information! in every age there are elects of God that stand like the people/nation of God on earth. You are still very behind
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On Apr 08
UbaPhilipo:
■ do you now believe that you are in the flesh¿. Because your knowledge of God ends in the scripture,
■ only canal and foolish people think God is in the scripture (john5:39) for ur information! in every age there are elects of God that stand like the people/nation of God on earth. You are still very behind
Your response does not make much sense. I pointed out by way of Scripture that what you said does not correspond with what God Himself declared regarding His Special people — the elects—as recorded in Scripture. What has that to do with flesh for Pete's sake? undecided

2. The problem with religious folks such as yourself is that you don't process what you read. That verse you quoted is an indictment against religious folks who spend much of their time pretending to study through scripture believing that it is in quoting verses as if magical incantations that the power of God is revealed.
36 “But I have a proof about myself that is greater than anything John said. The things I do are my proof. These are what my Father gave me to do. They show that the Father sent me.
37 And the Father who sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like.
38 The Father’s teaching does not live in you, because you don’t believe in the one the Father sent.
39 You carefully study the Scriptures. You think that they give you eternal life. These same Scriptures tell about me!
40 But you refuse to come to me to have that life. - John 5 vs 36 - 49
You made a false claim regarding the elects of God, when right there in the same Scripture is written the same knowledge that I showed of as regards the identity of the elects of God. Ask yourself why you do not see what God said of His Special people whom He sent out of Zion before He destroyed it. undecided
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 6:59am On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

Honestly U are a comedian..........prayer is the way to commune with God.....scriptures even gave account on how to pray....and also how many saints/believers prayed..... Jesus went further saying "ask in my name"

This is the last time I will ask u..before I will conclude u are only spitting back vague and ambiguous interpretation ur parish priests have told u

Oga....show me where it is written u should pray to Mary...

Now u revert back to factory default as taught u and never Elisha praying in the name of God of Elijah to justice the God of ur GO's usage. Prayer is a way to communicate to God yes even a Child knows that but just as a times u involve mother to intercede on your behalf to your father in some instances so also it is just to ask Saints, Angels and Heavenly host to intercede on your behalf to God almighty. Why donu then call on holy gost and spirits when praying most times. U guys believe Christianity starts and end with ur ability to read to memorize the verses of the Bible. It takes the gift of God to be able to interpret and understand the scriptures and workings of the faith. That I can authoritatively tell u is lacking among ur majority of ur pastors who are only groomed for less than two years on faith indoctrinatio. People who selectively interpret verses without an examination of the context and background of the verses. For every Bible verses and quotation there are backgrounds to it.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 7:15am On Apr 08
Willed042:

Now u revert back to factory default as taught u and never Elisha praying in the name of God of Elijah to justice the God of ur GO's usage. Prayer is a way to communicate to God yes even a Child knows that but just as a times u involve mother to intercede on your behalf to your father in some instances so also it is just to ask Saints, Angels and Heavenly host to intercede on your behalf to God almighty. Why donu then call on holy gost and spirits when praying most times. U guys believe Christianity starts and end with ur ability to read to memorize the verses of the Bible. It takes the gift of God to be able to interpret and understand the scriptures and workings of the faith. That I can authoritatively tell u is lacking among ur majority of ur pastors who are only groomed for less than two years on faith indoctrinatio. People who selectively interpret verses without an examination of the context and background of the verses. For every Bible verses and quotation there are backgrounds to it.

The bible said be born born again...we all know where it is.... Be holy...we all know where it is...don't commit adultery...we know where it is....

All I asked is that u show us the scriptural guide that says u should pray to Mary in the new testament...an all u have been doing since yesterday is insulting those that are not Catholics...
See I learn a lot from nairaland....no one knows everything....u can teach someone if u have a personal excellent understanding of what u have...
But it's clear all u have is what ur priest and pope has told u.....u have no personal conviction of the word so u can't even properly reference scripture concerning ur claims..
The bible doesn't lie...if u find any scripture that is vague...there will always be one more or even 2 or 3 that will make it clearer.....baba...u have nothing
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 7:40am On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

The bible said be born born again...we all know where it is.... Be holy...we all know where it is...don't commit adultery...we know where it is....

All I asked is that u show us the scriptural guide that says u should pray to Mary in the new testament...an all u have been doing since yesterday is insulting those that are not Catholics...
See I learn a lot from nairaland....no one knows everything....u can teach someone if u have a personal excellent understanding of what u have...
But it's clear all u have is what ur priest and pope has told u.....u have no personal conviction of the word so u can't even properly reference scripture concerning ur claims..
The bible doesn't lie...if u find any scripture that is vague...there will always be one more or even 2 or 3 that will make it clearer.....baba...u have nothing
Even the Bible u carry about is not the compete version of the Bible to start with. First get the complete version of the Bible in its original form to start with. Those who were the custodian of the original Bible still have copies of it. Do aso show me where the Bible mandate its followers to possess material things like mansions, business empire, private jest and security protocol. If Jesus had all these then none will be able to approach and take him away like they did on the way to the cross. What we know Jesus mandated his disciples is to leave all they had, pick up their cross and follow him. But now people like u don't even have anything when they started but end up accumulating more humongous wealth they ever dreamt of in the name of salvation through wealth.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by TableLeg(m): 8:22am On Apr 08
Adeboye you sef stop to dey lie.
Nah you dey cause am, how can you claim to drink tea with God?
Fraud!
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by UbaPhilipo: 9:12am On Apr 08
All your scriptural Quots and pointless points is because you went to physical school to be educated to have Knowledge of physical Things, reason like a physical man, talk like a physical man that is why you interprete the scripture like a physical man. arguing with one like you is like fighting my shadow.... this has nothing to do with religion what ever.. You are very far from what God is doing now, just As it was in the days of noah
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by UbaPhilipo: 9:13am On Apr 08
Kobojunkie:
Your response does not make much sense. I pointed out by way of Scripture that what you said does not correspond with what God Himself declared regarding His Special people — the elects—as recorded in Scripture. What has that to do with flesh for Pete's sake? undecided

2. The problem with religious folks such as yourself is that you don't process what you read. That verse you quoted is an indictment against religious folks who spend much of their time pretending to study through scripture believing that it is in quoting verses as if magical incantations that the power of God is revealed.
You made a false claim regarding the elects of God, when right there in the same Scripture is written the same knowledge that I showed of as regards the identity of the elects of God. Ask yourself why you do not see what God said of His Special people whom He sent out of Zion before He destroyed it. undecided
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 10:19am On Apr 08
Willed042:

Even the Bible u carry about is not the compete version of the Bible to start with. First get the complete version of the Bible in its original form to start with. Those who were the custodian of the original Bible still have copies of it. Do aso show me where the Bible mandate its followers to possess material things like mansions, business empire, private jest and security protocol. If Jesus had all these then none will be able to approach and take him away like they did on the way to the cross. What we know Jesus mandated his disciples is to leave all they had, pick up their cross and follow him. But now people like u don't even have anything when they started but end up accumulating more humongous wealth they ever dreamt of in the name of salvation through wealth.

Honestly U no normal...u don dey talk rubbish, all over the place, saying what's not related to what we asked u.....All we ask u is proof of ur claims weda its inside complete or incomplete bible....but u just dey wail....

All u had to is say u don't have it....I won't beat u naaa grin....wateva religion u practice and who u pray to is ur business.......but u crying about criticism is just pathetic ...
even Jesus was criticized...so what exactly u crying about....
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by UbaPhilipo: 10:44am On Apr 08
Kobojunkie:

All your scriptural Quots and pointless points is because you went to physical school to be educated to have Knowledge of physical Things, reason like a physical man, talk like a physical man that is why you interprete the scripture like a physical man. arguing with one like you is like fighting my shadow.... this has nothing to do with religion what ever.. You are very far from what God is doing now, just As it was in the days of noah
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by akinwale701(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08
KnownUnknown:

He forfeited the benefit of respect for old age when he became a scumbag scammer.

Can you say this in respect to your father or grandfather?
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Apr 08
UbaPhilipo:
∆ All your scriptural Quots and pointless points is because you went to physical school to be educated to have Knowledge of physical Things, reason like a physical man, talk like a physical man that is why you interprete the scripture like a physical man. arguing with one like you is like fighting my shadow.... this has nothing to do with religion what ever.. You are very far from what God is doing now, just As it was in the days of noah
See ignorant black man kind of cop out abeg! 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

After being caught, rather than admit ignorance,this one, in blatant arrogance, dey exhibit a form of foolishness wey him no even understand say him no suppose show out in the open 😂😂😂😂
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:02pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

Honestly U no normal...u don dey talk rubbish, all over the place, saying what's not related to what we asked u.....All we ask u is proof of ur claims weda its inside complete or incomplete bible....but u just dey wail....

All u had to is say u don't have it....I won't beat u naaa grin....wateva religion u practice and who u pray to is ur business.......but u crying about criticism is just pathetic ...
even Jesus was criticized...so what exactly u crying about....
U asking proof of a claim that is all over the scriptures, not your King James version which is a complete departure of context and content in interpretation. Abeg swerve and wallow in ur pentecostalism which has led to more departure from spirituality into mundane things such as gay and proliferation of atheist worshippers.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 1:07pm On Apr 08
Willed042:

U asking proof of a claim that is all over the scriptures, not your King James version which is a complete departure of context and content in interpretation. Abeg swerve and wallow in ur pentecostalism which has led to more departure from spirituality into mundane things such as gay and proliferation of atheist worshippers.

All u have is what ur pope and priest have fed u........disconnect urself from pope and church.....read scriptures and obey God on ur own
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

All u have is what ur pope and priest have fed u........disconnect urself from pope and church.....read scriptures and obey God on ur own
You ask me to read the same scriptures interpreted and mostly scripted by same people u and your pentecostal mumu love to criticize? I laugh over ur ignorant. The religious relics, monuments, and scripts in their archives would have been turned to money spinning venture if under the authority of ur G.Os
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:27pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

The easy answer is that the canonical books of the Christian Bible were enumerated and approved by various councils, synods, and popes of the Catholic Church, beginning with the Council of Rome in 382 A.D. Presided over by Pope Damasus I, the Council of Rome first promulgated what we came to know as the canon of the... simple Google search
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 1:28pm On Apr 08
Willed042:

You ask me to read the same scriptures interpreted and mostly scripted by same people u and your pentecostal mumu love to criticize? I laugh over ur ignorant. The religious relics, monuments, and scripts in their archives would have been turned to money spinning venture if under the authority of ur G.Os

It is clear u dont read let alone obey......thats why I told u to read on ur own and forget ur pope & church system....if u read scriptures with a genuine heart to know God..there is no how u will pray to may..

I did not tell u not to honor Mary or any saints..our discussion is prayer...

.u are just a pope and church robot.... Its clear u are a pope follower....they even tell u Catholics have the complete Bible which u urself don't have so that u can follow whatever dey say even if u can't confirm...

Disconnect urself from pope and church system.....
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

John Henry Newman, the great 19th century English churchman, scholar and convert to Catholicism, famously once said, “To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.”[1] That seems like a fitting way to begin because the genesis of this essay was my hearing a Catholic convert quote the New Testament passages he references when explaining to his Protestant family and friends why he became Catholic.[2]
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

It is clear u dont read let alone obey......thats why I told u to read on ur own and forget ur pope & church system....if u read scriptures with a genuine heart to know God..there is no how u will pray to may..

I did not tell u not to honor Mary or any saints..our discussion is prayer...

.u are just a pope and church robot.... Its clear u are a pope follower....they even tell u Catholics have the complete Bible which u urself don't have so that u can follow whatever dey say even if u can't confirm...

Disconnect urself from pope and church system.....
Make research to emancipate ur mental enslavement...the same institution u criticize expanded the concept of Christianity and all what u and ur mumu followers used to dupe people of recent. My friend u are just pure ignorant.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 1:43pm On Apr 08
Willed042:

Make research to emancipate ur mental enslavement...the same institution u criticize expanded the concept of Christianity and all what u and ur mumu followers used to dupe people of recent. My friend u are just pure ignorant.

.u keep talking as if criticism is a bad thing.... I can criticize a part of what u do if I don't agree and also agree with some part....what's the big deal in that.....??
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Willed042(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

.u keep talking as if criticism is a bad thing.... I can criticize a part of what u do if I don't agree and also agree with some part....what's the big deal in that.....??

Criticism not being constructive is a defamation my brother. Be grounded in knowledge before criticizing others because u might end up fooling urselve. Let me pin it to ur head...Tye history of Christianity is the history of catholicism...when the AR world was on the verge of conquering the whole world it was this same institution that defended Christianity from extinction. I believe ur pentecostal brothers would have opted to shout to heaven hoping for God to come down and fight for the faith. Give respect to an institution that birthed anything that is Christian u and ur G.Os are making a mess of. They have their wrong doings anyways which are very despicable because the popes are human like u and me but that won't take away their foundational roles to the spread of Christianity and its doctrines. Peace be unto you.
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by advanceDNA: 2:08pm On Apr 08
Willed042:

Criticism not being constructive is a defamation my brother. Be grounded in knowledge before criticizing others because u might end up fooling urselve. Let me pin it to ur head...Tye history of Christianity is the history of catholicism...when the AR world was on the verge of conquering the whole world it was this same institution that defended Christianity from extinction. I believe ur pentecostal brothers would have opted to shout to heaven hoping for God to come down and fight for the faith. Give respect to an institution that birthed anything that is Christian u and ur G.Os are making a mess of. They have their wrong doings anyways which are very despicable because the popes are human like u and me but that won't take away their foundational roles to the spread of Christianity and its doctrines. Peace be unto you.

Lol....u are just bragging over nothing....at the end of the day...u are just a church like other denomination...and it's not today criticism started....u Catholics shot urself in the leg...

U claim to be pioneers of Christianity but u are doing what's contrary to the same religious text ur pioneered.....why do u think the protestant came up years ago..??
..do u know how many pple u killed and burned for not agreeing with you...u started the crusaders killing millions of people.....yet u carry a bible that says thou shall not kill.....

If u like claim Catholics created Jesus and the world ....That doesn't mean u are not open to criticism....

Coming from a church that u now supports homosexuàls all around the world....u think u still have right to call urself the originator of Christianity without criticism.....

Again....honor Mary if u like, honor Paul, or peter if u like....no crime...they are humans who deserve honor.......but there is no where in christians text whether vague or clear, that it was commanded, suggested, advised to pray to Mary or any other saints.....and no amount of ur bragging that u pioneered christianity can change that....
Re: I’m Nothing, But Don’t Mock My God,’ Adeboye Cautions Critics by Ganbite: 2:40pm On Apr 08
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! The one who mocked your god is you, Adeboye! You claimed your god drinks tea with you. You forgot to mention the type and brand. grin

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji Announced As The General Evangelist Of C.A.C Worldwide / The Meaning Of ' It Is Appointed Unto Man To Die Once And After that Judgement' / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.