Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? (27264 Views)

Prices Of Selected Food Stuff Decreased In March – Nbs / Prices Of Commodities Before Buhari & Prices After Buhari / Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by zionstaar75: 10:15pm On Apr 07
Nazgul:
For were...I bought 5 alive (Pulpy) N1,200 yesterday. Something that used to be around N800 when $ was N1,900. The price really shocked me.
which kain unnecessary lie is this. Even at chicken republic pulpy is 650.u are just a professional liar
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Inosky(m): 10:17pm On Apr 07
FashionCookie:

It is way worseeee in warri.

Which part?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Theophinio(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07
Almaiga:
Here in Anambra, things are getting too expensive. A Cup of Rice is 450, Beans 450, packet of Maggie 1,300, a bottle of Legend is 1200 (lend is 800 in Kaduna)
Everything is too expensive here. Transportation is even worst. Come and see as people are forced to trek for long distance

Please where in Anambra do you buy Nigeria rice for #450 per cup

3 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by zionstaar75: 10:24pm On Apr 07
slowice:

Lol, economics doesn't support whatever it is cbn is doing therefore it can't be sustained. It has nothing to do with how you feel.
but your evil wishes for the country too will never come to pass. You're a saboteur

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Nazgul: 10:24pm On Apr 07
zionstaar75:
which kain unnecessary lie is this. Even at chicken republic pulpy is 650.u are just a professional liar
Lol...pulpy 650 in this Tinubu's administration. Just say you can't afford it and the last time you bought it was 2-3 years ago, we'll understand. Cos even a primary school child knows that if you don't have at least 1k you can't buy Pulpy anywhere in Lagos.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Theophinio(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07
Xplicit1:

Benin.
I don't know about the price of bag of rice but rubber has been #4,000 since February till now.
Rubber of beans #3,000
Small paint of garri #2,500

Exactly. You are really in Benin City
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Paulagada: 10:26pm On Apr 07
Hamachi:
Name the items
A bag of pure water is now #350

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by NaMe4: 10:30pm On Apr 07
There was a notice in market square Benin today that there will be an increase in the price of bread from tomorrow, 8th April. Presently, a loaf is N1400.

Actually noticed prices of things are steady on the increase.

Especially in the South, could the new electricity tariff rates have an impact on prices of goods and services?

Also observed the prices of cars, even Nigerian-used, reaching ridiculous prices.

CrossRhodes:

1400 still cheap...
1700 in some other southern states

Hmmm
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by BigYash: 10:32pm On Apr 07
franktech:
The items I bought from China at the rate of 1800 naira per usd is still going to arrive next month and you want price to drop. Make una fear God
Sometimes you gain ,sometimes looses go show.. You see say dollar no stable you go dey order. Na government I blame when no dey regulate prices with serious tax force ..
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by MrBONE2(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07
franktech:
The items I bought from China at the rate of 1800 naira per usd is still going to arrive next month and you want price to drop. Make una fear God

grin

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Draslo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07
Nazgul:
For were...I bought 5 alive (Pulpy) N1,200 yesterday. Something that used to be around N800 when $ was N1,900. The price really shocked me.
A lot of business men and women stocked up when $ was at that 1900 believing that it would cross into 2k. Those people are the reason for the current surge in prices of some commodities
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Godsonkemz(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07
The price of garri is continuously souring higher from 1800 to 2600 per painter. It was even cheaper when dollar was relatively higher.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by FashionCookie(f): 10:41pm On Apr 07
Inosky:

Which part?
From osubi axis down to Hausa Quarters
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by CrossRhodes: 10:42pm On Apr 07
[quote author=Hamachi post=129308569][/quote]
Cranberry stute is 5,700....na wa oo
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by CrossRhodes: 10:43pm On Apr 07
NaMe4:
There was a notice in market square Benin today that there will be an increase in the price of bread from tomorrow, 8th April. Presently, a loaf is N1400.

Actually noticed prices of things are steady on the increase.

Especially in the South, could the new electricity tariff rates have an impact on prices of goods and services?
1400 still cheap...
1700 in some other southern states
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Emir01: 10:47pm On Apr 07
Almaiga:
Here in Anambra, things are getting too expensive. A Cup of Rice is 450, Beans 450, packet of Maggie 1,300, a bottle of Legend is 1200 (lend is 800 in Kaduna)
Everything is too expensive here. Transportation is even worst. Come and see as people are forced to trek for long distance

Anambra people are billionaires, the billionaires should help the vulnerable.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07
Femabol01:
You bought it from a greedy seller. I bought same yesterday at foodco Ikoyi for N880.

Let me gist you
I went to Ibadan last month to visit someone, so I went to a shop to get monster energy drink. This woman told me monster energy drink is 900. I told her I usually buy it for 650 where I'm from. This woman said it's a lie, that she always buy directly from the company's truck and it doesn't even come at that price from the company. She now ended the whole thing with "I should come and steal it". The thing pained me. When i got my base the following day, I went to the mall and sent a picture to the girl I went to visit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:54pm On Apr 07
zeenaman:
Nothing has changed here.
Viva bar soap is still 500 against 350 around January.

Sachet water reduced from 20 quantity per bag to sixteen and the price also increased from 200 to 300. It hasn't gone back to normal.

Diaper went from 2300 to 3k.

150 CL ever water bottle of groundnut oil went from 1800 to 3k, and it's still there.

Nothing has changed. Ibadan traders are the most wicked and merciless I've seen

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I believe you die. And they know how to lie as well!!!

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:14pm On Apr 07
[quote author=Hamachi post=129308569][/quote]
No ma, Nigerians are very wicked

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by iflylowkey(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07
Nazgul:
yooo, I’m surprised too. Even when dollar was on the rise. I buy it daily for 700 now the dollar is crashing and its now more expensive than ever
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:33pm On Apr 07
Thundafireseun:
Its very funny situation here in Asaba Delta state because prices of everything are still on the rise…

Just a week ago I got a bucket of Beans for 5,500
Garri 2,100 ….
Rice 7k

Today a bucket of beans is 6k while Garri is now 3k ….rice 9k in space of one week
Go to the village market and get things cheaper
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by yongg: 11:34pm On Apr 07
Nazgul:

It is still funny to me how I always remember pulpy to be N300 regardless of the increases, all because these increases happened so fast, so quick to much too.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by fortune1968: 11:39pm On Apr 07
Jeon:

Garrison
Palm oil
Rice
Onions
Spag
Melon

Those are the only items I know about.
what of oloshos ? D price never come down ? Konji dey hungry man o .
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by fortune1968: 11:43pm On Apr 07
CandidAdmin:

You're right!!!

Bag of rice also has come down. From 86k to 78k 4 my area.

4 me, it's still not a thing of joy.
Infact, still very bad . Especially,the prices of rice, cement ,milk, bournvita , Milo and indomie.It is really unjustifiable.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by LucemFerre: 11:45pm On Apr 07
I go market i see wetin i fit afford, i buy. I no dey keep prize for head

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Inosky(m): 11:46pm On Apr 07
FashionCookie:

From osubi axis down to Hausa Quarters

U stay in Osubi?
I'm sure Asaba is more expensive than Warri.
Rice bucket in Warri is 4k plus, in Asaba 5-6k
Garri around 3k but 4k in Asaba

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by bionixs: 11:53pm On Apr 07
Provesto:

Palm oil never skyrocketed during the dollar rise... maybe it's my location.🀷🀷
my wife brought home 5 liters yesterday palm oil , crying.
I couldn't remember how much she told me she bought it . She was screaming, that was all I could remember

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by bionixs: 11:59pm On Apr 07
Who cares . When Nigerians are ready to be free , we shall know . They are busy picking from where their leaders left off. Choking the live out of themselves.

Everyone has denied that dollar wasn't the issue because it has been a bit stable now. Wicked people everywhere. Even Mama kunle that hawks pure water wants to become Mrs Alakija or Obi Cubana from few satchets she sells .

Thank God she can't afford Canada. She and her likes should continue to destroy this nation. Shebi na for their heads e go still collapse

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Ouchbabe(f): 12:00am On Apr 08
Make I come collect 1 paint rubber? There is love in sharing grin
I'm at Sangotedo
lavylilly:
Rice 74,000 Ajah, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by 234GT(m): 12:09am On Apr 08
orriyomi33:
For building materials.
A bag of nail that was sold for #38,000 during the price hike is now btw #26,000 and #28,000.

Bundle of zinc that was sold for #55,000 is now sold between #43,000 and #45,000.

Marine Board that was sold for #26,000 is now between #22,000 and #22,500.

what of 1 tonne of 12mm iron rod??
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by yongg: 12:17am On Apr 08
bionixs:
Who cares . When Nigerians are ready to be free , we shall know . They are busy picking from where their leaders left off. Choking the live out of themselves.

Everyone has denied that dollar wasn't the issue because it has been a bit stable now. Wicked people everywhere. Even Mama kunle that hawks pure water wants to become Mrs Alakija or Obi Cubana from few satchets she sells .

Thank God she can't afford Canada. She and her likes should continue to destroy this nation. Shebi na for their heads e go still collapse

In addition to that, crude oil value has been appreciating and returning to near normal range so the budget (if backed by the dollar or quoted as that) would appreciate in value.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by ozo13(m): 12:32am On Apr 08
Jeon:

Garrison
Palm oil
Rice
Onions
Spag
Melon

Those are the only items I know about.
I will call my customer in the market tomorrow to make enquiry.i bought most of them in bulk and I don't know the current prices.But as for garri , beans the prices are still up.I bought onions yesterday and realized it was somehow cheap but couldn't conclude as the state I am produce almost 60% of the onion we use in Nigeria so its difficult to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jason Njoku: "Why Konga Was Sold To Zinox" / FG Slashes Import Duties On 115 Items / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.