Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? (27230 Views)

Prices Of Selected Food Stuff Decreased In March – Nbs / Prices Of Commodities Before Buhari & Prices After Buhari / Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by VicThory(m): 7:02am On Apr 08
Theophinio:

Please where in Anambra do you buy Nigeria rice for #450 per cup

Come to Ifite and know that what he's saying is child's play.

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by woodr5711: 7:07am On Apr 08
rotadeco27:

And the country keeps sinking into debt while neighboring parasitic nations keep feeding on our subsidy! Go and ask Venezuela that singular mentality messed the country up. We have to change our mentality of Government should do it. Nigerians travel to the US ,UK etc., there you pay for everything you enjoy. The only free stuff for kids is education and at tertiary level u are on your own. Many of them take student loans that they pay back through out their working period. Nigeria go there and hustle, pay for light , un-subsidized fuel etc , but here we expect government to bring everything to our door steps . No nation develops with such mentality. In the midst of harsh economy , people are still making it big, just look around you ,the situation always comes with opportunities you can tap into,but complain about what government should do and not do, wont lets us.
Many of us want to Japa and hustle abroad ,not minding paying for all their unsubsidized stuffs but want government to provide everything for us with subsidy here. The thing we should be demanding from them is the effect of the more money. That is the difference between us and those countries, I believe with good opposition, each government will be sensitive to improve on her delivery. Subsidy is gone and more are to go!

Sometimes I wonder how people who claim to be educated and expose think. Can you compare Nigeria with all the countries you give example?

We have been paying for electricity which they are not providing.
The govt has fail in job creation, then why are we paying for tuition fee when after graduation there is no job? Which is not the same in other countries.
What is the subsidy are we really enjoying?
In develop countries you mentioned enjoyed services you paid for like 24/7 light,
Security assurance, job availability and the rest of it.
In time COVID 19, place like United state pay every citizen unemployment insurance.
What else are you saying?
I would really like to go on debate with you so you can convince me on what Nigeria is benefiting

5 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by predictor1: 7:12am On Apr 08
drimzsmoke:

Let me gist you
I went to Ibadan last month to visit someone, so I went to a shop to get monster energy drink. This woman told me monster energy drink is 900. I told her I usually buy it for 650 where I'm from. This woman said it's a lie, that she always buy directly from the company's truck and it doesn't even come at that price from the company. She now ended the whole thing with "I should come and steal it". The thing pained me. When i got my base the following day, I went to the mall and sent a picture to the girl I went to visit
I live in Ibadan. The shop owners and market people here are very wicked.

5 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Adakintroy: 7:14am On Apr 08
DesChyko:
Sighs.

I'm concerned about how it will be for the next generation, which my kids will be part of. Not myself anymore.

Worry about yourself. That was how your parents probably were worried and you still are not dead.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by ericmor: 7:32am On Apr 08
Ahmed0336:
Just a few.
Noodles
Sugar

I believe after Sallah Celebration, some will drop as well.

People have stopped eating noodles so they have no choice than to drop the price if not, people will lose interest over time and find alternative and that is how some product disappeared in the market today. They have no choice than to reduce the price after price sky rocketed. Nothing change in my area here yet in akoka

4 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by ericmor: 7:35am On Apr 08
Adakintroy:

Worry about yourself. That was how your parents probably were worried and you still are not dead.

Wrong ideology. Your kids are to take care of u when u are old and have no strength to work anymore.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Youngpo413: 7:39am On Apr 08
dominique:
Cadbury hot choco, I buy the satchet once a while to change taste from Milo. The previous time I bought it was @N300, the one I bought yesterday was N250. The peppers I bought this time around is a bit more bulky compared to the last one I bought for same price.
hot choco, e make sense like born vitæ?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by laceblaze(m): 7:41am On Apr 08
Nothing has changed.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by uglodoh(f): 7:56am On Apr 08
lavylilly:
Rice 74,000 Ajah, Lagos

In Ikorodu foreign rice is N68 000.00.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by uglodoh(f): 8:01am On Apr 08
VinnyBaba:

Spaghetti reduced?πŸ™

U must be LYING! πŸ˜•πŸ˜’
Spag has reduced
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by stacyadams: 8:16am On Apr 08
DesChyko:
Sighs.

I'm concerned about how it will be for the next generation, which my kids will be part of. Not myself anymore.

This your concern is what some foolish people will never sit down to think about even for a second ..
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by stacyadams: 8:19am On Apr 08
woodr5711:

Sometimes I wonder how people who claim to be educated and expose think. Can you compare Nigeria with all the countries you give example?

We have been paying for electricity which they are not providing.
The govt has fail in job creation, then why are we paying for tuition fee when after graduation there is no job? Which is not the same in other countries.
What is the subsidy are we really enjoying?
In develop countries you mentioned enjoyed services you paid for like 24/7 light,
Security assurance, job availability and the rest of it.
In time COVID 19, place like United state pay every citizen unemployment insurance.
What else are you saying?
I would really like to go on debate with you so you can convince me on what Nigeria is benefiting
no waste ur energy on any debate,they know the truth but will be galavanting...but the reality with em someday

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by lavylilly: 8:29am On Apr 08
Ouchbabe:
Make I come collect 1 paint rubber? There is love in sharing grin
I'm at Sangotedo
Love πŸ’• in sharing in Tinubu regime ke
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by lavylilly: 8:41am On Apr 08
ericmor:

People have stopped eating noodles so they have no choice than to drop the price if not, people will lose interest over time and find alternative and that is how some product disappeared in the market today. They have no choice than to reduce the price after price sky rocketed. Nothing change in my area here yet in akoka
Is a highbrow area na
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by BlackyOne: 8:47am On Apr 08
Evil traders have refused to reduce their prices, the prices are still going up!
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Procashtips(m): 8:53am On Apr 08
A bag of Rice (Mama bull) still ₦87k at Shopright

₦90k in stores around my area.

Rollon - ₦1850

Bread still ₦1499

Freshno ₦400

5 Alive ₦800
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Ashawoman82: 9:14am On Apr 08
Bluntemperor:

I agree πŸ’― with you!
We are so greedy to quickly raised the Price but find it difficult to reduced same when things normalised!
We are different from White People that obey rules,but too greedy and we pray more to be greedy!
omo eh.. It's so. Sad.. Even though it's obvious it's the same stock that's still available when the price was lower, yet they will increase it... Guy like virtually every week the prices of thier groceries especially keeps increasing... Forget government we Nigerians are too greedy and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by youngrhosy(m): 10:19am On Apr 08
No!!! Garri, 150 per cup here
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Theophinio(m): 10:19am On Apr 08
Free2Fly:

I can swear that that id!ot is not in Anambra and not even from the region.
He will likely be a yoruba boy practising his usual ethnic bigotry

Exactly my brother

Am from Anambra State based in Benin City. My brother lives in Ifite

We talked this morning and he buys a cup for #350

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Energist: 11:44am On Apr 08
slowice:

It's clear you haven't done business in your life. If he sells the goods at the rate of 1300, where will he get the money to make new purchase at 1800? Una too dull abeg
Are you the one I asked? Oversabi
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by dominique(f): 12:09pm On Apr 08
Youngpo413:
hot choco, e make sense like born vitæ?

E make sense pass bournvita
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by ericmor: 12:51pm On Apr 08
lavylilly:
Is a highbrow area na

So we should be using all our salaries to feed and transport alone

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by 234GT(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08
orriyomi33:
I think it is about #900,000 or lesser.

This is good news....it was 1.3M or so last month....
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Anonimoux: 2:54pm On Apr 08
slowice:

He's such a child. They are destroying the economy before his eyes but he choose to blame fellow citizens calling out the government. An oil dependent country that can't control oil theft or meet opec quota.... Where else are we supposed to earn dollars from.?
I wonder oh. Some people talk without thinking πŸ€”
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by segunjack: 3:45pm On Apr 08
me i thought all Ibos are millionaires i dont know ibos do trek

Almaiga:
Here in Anambra, things are getting too expensive. A Cup of Rice is 450, Beans 450, packet of Maggie 1,300, a bottle of Legend is 1200 (lend is 800 in Kaduna)
Everything is too expensive here. Transportation is even worst. Come and see as people are forced to trek for long distance
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by omokab: 3:50pm On Apr 08
Jeon:

Garrison
Palm oil
Rice
Onions
Spag
Melon

Those are the only items I know about.
the price of gari is increasing in Ibadan . it cost 1200 naira now. I bought it 1100 last but it is sold for 1200 naira today maybe due to festive period .
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Yeancahmie007(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08
Almaiga:
Here in Anambra, things are getting too expensive. A Cup of Rice is 450, Beans 450, packet of Maggie 1,300, a bottle of Legend is 1200 (lend is 800 in Kaduna)
Everything is too expensive here. Transportation is even worst. Come and see as people are forced to trek for long distance
them no ask of BIAFRA na.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by DavidEsq(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08
Free2Fly:

I expected silly people like you to use that post to expose their inherent ethnic bigotry

I'm also sure that the poster is one of you from outside the region who just wants to stoke up ethnic sentiments

Are prices lower in your own region?? Who told you fools that prices are always higher in the southeast??
Where did you people get that from?

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by slowice(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08
Energist:

Are you the one I asked? Oversabi

If your brain was half functional, you wouldn't be asking such kindergarten question.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Speedy33(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

what about Awara de yaji? cool
Beske?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Energist: 6:18pm On Apr 08
slowice:

If your brain was half functional, you wouldn't be asking such kindergarten question.

If your brain if 1% functional, you won't put your mouth for wetin no consign you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa / Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes / Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.