Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? (27225 Views)

Prices Of Selected Food Stuff Decreased In March – Nbs / Prices Of Commodities Before Buhari & Prices After Buhari / Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by tellwisdom: 12:36am On Apr 08
Can’t buy beer with Pkomor again.

3 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Camoready: 12:53am On Apr 08
After the Ramadan, prices will begin to normalize.. Except new minimum wage is announced and traders decide to take advantage as usual.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by FashionCookie(f): 12:55am On Apr 08
Inosky:

U stay in Osubi?
I'm sure Asaba is more expensive than Warri.
Rice bucket in Warri is 4k plus, in Asaba 5-6k
Garri around 3k but 4k in Asaba
na wa o.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Zetty177x: 2:43am On Apr 08
Jeon:

Garrison
Palm oil
Rice
Onions
Spag
Melon

Those are the only items I know about.

Garrison increased in my side o
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by FireUpNow(m): 2:50am On Apr 08
Jeon:
Some items are decreasing.

Abeg name some of the items and their old prices and new prices.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Vmoukam: 3:12am On Apr 08
Nazgul:
For were...I bought 5 alive (Pulpy) N1,200 yesterday. Something that used to be around N800 when $ was N1,900. The price really shocked me.

Normalize buying drinks from ShopRite or in packs. As of yesterday, puppy you mentioned was around 790 in ShopRite. Unless it's not the puppy I know. I am talking about the one that's 850ml

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by orriyomi33(m): 4:09am On Apr 08
I think it is about #900,000 or lesser.
234GT:

what of 1 tonne of 12mm iron rod??
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by rotadeco27: 4:31am On Apr 08
VinnyBaba:
NO!

Instead, it's Increasing. undecided

The ONLY way prices of commodities will reduce in Nigeria
Is if Tinibu accept that his action on Fuel Subsidy Removal was FOOLISH and bring back Subsidy. sad sad

Make the Fuel N300 and see how our Economy will take a Sommersault. smiley
And the country keeps sinking into debt while neighboring parasitic nations keep feeding on our subsidy! Go and ask Venezuela that singular mentality messed the country up. We have to change our mentality of Government should do it. Nigerians travel to the US ,UK etc., there you pay for everything you enjoy. The only free stuff for kids is education and at tertiary level u are on your own. Many of them take student loans that they pay back through out their working period. Nigeria go there and hustle, pay for light , un-subsidized fuel etc , but here we expect government to bring everything to our door steps . No nation develops with such mentality. In the midst of harsh economy , people are still making it big, just look around you ,the situation always comes with opportunities you can tap into,but complain about what government should do and not do, wont lets us.
Many of us want to Japa and hustle abroad ,not minding paying for all their unsubsidized stuffs but want government to provide everything for us with subsidy here. The thing we should be demanding from them is the effect of the more money. That is the difference between us and those countries, I believe with good opposition, each government will be sensitive to improve on her delivery. Subsidy is gone and more are to go!

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by jamafa: 4:34am On Apr 08
Almaiga:
Here in Anambra, things are getting too expensive. A Cup of Rice is 450, Beans 450, packet of Maggie 1,300, a bottle of Legend is 1200 (lend is 800 in Kaduna)
Everything is too expensive here. Transportation is even worst. Come and see as people are forced to trek for long distance

Nah unah dey make things difficult for unah.

Why dem go sell one cup of rice #450, when bag of rice is 74,000 here in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Emedu(m): 4:47am On Apr 08
PlushyRealtor:
Prices of commodities won't reduced irrespective of naira gaining momentum against the USD b'cos those local items are manufactured here in our country and transport to customers using vehicle(fuel), so as much is fuel price is still high locally manufactured goods will still be high.

You'll only see drastic reduction in prices of those items once the government openly reintroduce fuel subsidy and price back to as it were before baba took over power.

Price is relative. If the prices of goods whose raw materials are imported or directly imported drop, local food will likely also drop because the demand for local food would be reduced.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by highoctane: 4:48am On Apr 08
Nazgul:
For were...I bought 5 alive (Pulpy) N1,200 yesterday. Something that used to be around N800 when $ was N1,900. The price really shocked me.

You don't know your needs. Stop complaining.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Jeje247: 4:51am On Apr 08
Xplicit1:
Prices are still the same here
Benin market women heart too strong
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Gggjhhj: 5:06am On Apr 08
PlushyRealtor:
Prices of commodities won't reduced irrespective of naira gaining momentum against the USD b'cos those local items are manufactured here in our country and transport to customers using vehicle(fuel), so as much is fuel price is still high locally manufactured goods will still be high.

You'll only see drastic reduction in prices of those items once the government openly reintroduce fuel subsidy and price back to as it were before baba took over power.

Ona don put am for fuel head, not dollar again, is your problem sha
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Gggjhhj: 5:07am On Apr 08
Xplicit1:

Benin.
I don't know about the price of bag of rice but rubber has been #4,000 since February till now.
Rubber of beans #3,000
Small paint of garri #2,500

Buying a painter 7k in bayelsa, it was 6k when dollar hit 1900
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Energist: 5:19am On Apr 08
franktech:
The items I bought from China at the rate of 1800 naira per usd is still going to arrive next month and you want price to drop. Make una fear God
If you bought it at 1300 and by the time it arrives the dollar is 1800 Naira, are you selling it with the price of the former or latter?

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Anonimoux: 5:25am On Apr 08
Does the price of anything especially foodstuffs ever reduce in Nigeria?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Gggjhhj: 5:26am On Apr 08
rotadeco27:

And the country keeps sinking into debt while neighboring parasitic nations keep feeding on our subsidy! Go and ask Venezuela that singular mentality messed the country up. We have to change our mentality of Government should do it. Nigerians travel to the US ,UK etc., there you pay for everything you enjoy. The only free stuff for kids is education and at tertiary level u are on your own. Many of them take student loans that they pay back through out their working period. Nigeria go there and hustle, pay for light , un-subsidized fuel etc , but here we expect government to bring everything to our door steps . No nation develops with such mentality. In the midst of harsh economy , people are still making it big, just look around you ,the situation always comes with opportunities you can tap into,but complain about what government should do and not do, wont lets us.
Many of us want to Japa and hustle abroad ,not minding paying for all their unsubsidized stuffs but want government to provide everything for us with subsidy here. The thing we should be demanding from them is the effect of the more money. That is the difference between us and those countries, I believe with good opposition, each government will be sensitive to improve on her delivery. Subsidy is gone and more are to go!

You too mumu rest
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Free2Fly: 5:32am On Apr 08
DavidEsq:

Una side always dey be like that. See during Covid -19 period. e kua be like say una dey happy to dey wicked for prices of goods

I expected silly people like you to use that post to expose their inherent ethnic bigotry

I'm also sure that the poster is one of you from outside the region who just wants to stoke up ethnic sentiments

Are prices lower in your own region?? Who told you fools that prices are always higher in the southeast??
Where did you people get that from?

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Anonimoux: 5:32am On Apr 08
Xplicit1:

Benin.
I don't know about the price of bag of rice but rubber has been #4,000 since February till now.
Rubber of beans #3,000
Small paint of garri #2,500

Rubber of beans 3,000 for where for Benin?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Anonimoux: 5:36am On Apr 08
slowice:
The dollar drop is fake and unsustainable.
Business people already know this.
Exactly. I don't even know why people were rejoicing that dollar was coming down. When your economy is not productive. Height of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Anonimoux: 5:42am On Apr 08
zionstaar75:
but your evil wishes for the country too will never come to pass. You're a saboteur
nobody is wishing evil on the country ok. Blame your political leaders for being unserious with the economy due to mismanagement. Now see the aftermath.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Free2Fly: 5:44am On Apr 08
olarent:
Let be objective, price of commodity are coming down, here in papa ewekoro ogun state is down I bought a bag of rice for 76k last month as at today its was sold for 64k without poo pricing it yet indomitable as reduces buy 2500 per carton

@ DavidEsq: i hope your co-workers also told you that a bag of rice never got to this 76k in the southeast?

The highest amount i ever bought a bag of rice was 60k and that was last week during the east period.

All the raw materials i have been buying for a project so far in Enugu, including cements, have been cheaper than what's obtainable in your own region.

Una go just stay in una airless, stuffy room and begin pull out yeye information from your rectums.

1 Like

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Free2Fly: 5:46am On Apr 08
Theophinio:

Please where in Anambra do you buy Nigeria rice for #450 per cup

I can swear that that id!ot is not in Anambra and not even from the region.
He will likely be a yoruba boy practising his usual ethnic bigotry
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:17am On Apr 08
DesChyko:
Sighs.

I'm concerned about how it will be for the next generation, which my kids will be part of. Not myself anymore.

The majority of current teenagers are doing internet fraud. For some, I can't even blame them

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Almaiga: 6:24am On Apr 08
Theophinio:

Please where in Anambra do you buy Nigeria rice for #450 per cup

Onitsha
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by opera1(m): 6:26am On Apr 08
A Bag of Cement is now 8k from 12k or 11,500.

Spag is now 19k from 22k
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by Melonsmasher: 6:27am On Apr 08
CandidAdmin:
Only palm oil

Nothing else!
Cus na palm oil season we dey, wait in a couple of months when there's no longer palm fruits
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by dNortherner(m): 6:32am On Apr 08
Nazgul:
Now you know government isn't the problem alone.
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by zealousayo(m): 6:40am On Apr 08
olarent:
Let be objective, price of commodity are coming down, here in papa ewekoro ogun state is down I bought a bag of rice for 76k last month as at today its was sold for 64k without poo pricing it yet indomitable as reduces buy 2500 per carton

What kind of 'objective' are you talking about? Is everyone living living in your area? The prices of commodities I bought a month ago were still the same as at yesterday I went to market. Some have even increased.

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by slowice(m): 6:48am On Apr 08
zionstaar75:
but your evil wishes for the country too will never come to pass. You're a saboteur

You are such a baby. Until the root cause of the matter is addressed, every other cosmetic application is bound to fail. We are not earning dollars, the lowest hanging fruit is to increase oil production but they have failed woefully to do that, they couldn't even supply to dangote... So how else are they going to strengthen the Naira? The fake it till you make effort of cardi b will not yield much result.

2 Likes

Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by slowice(m): 6:55am On Apr 08
Anonimoux:
nobody is wishing evil on the country ok. Blame your political leaders for being unserious with the economy due to mismanagement. Now see the aftermath.

He's such a child. They are destroying the economy before his eyes but he choose to blame fellow citizens calling out the government. An oil dependent country that can't control oil theft or meet opec quota.... Where else are we supposed to earn dollars from.?
Re: Have Prices Of Commodities Reduced In Your Area? by slowice(m): 7:01am On Apr 08
Energist:

If you bought it at 1300 and by the time it arrives the dollar is 1800 Naira, are you selling it with the price of the former or latter?

It's clear you haven't done business in your life. If he sells the goods at the rate of 1300, where will he get the money to make new purchase at 1800? Una too dull abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa / Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes / Saudi Prince: Oil Will Never Return To $100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.