Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,057 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace (62601 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by LZAA: 6:32am On Apr 08
Irupetepete:
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Dem don reset your brain for the other thread...
This your comment looks sane with no tribal intonation... Na so he suppose be...
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Junior66(m): 6:34am On Apr 08
Irupetepete:
Oga, when you are into a business as an entrepreneur, you just don't dive in to make money alone, you must have have the wisdom and be able to foresee the consequences of your actions...
You think Air peace is naive on this front?
Ok, take glo and mtn Sim in the year 2004 for example...
A Sim card was sold for 30k until glo crashed it to 2k...
Did glo crash out today?
Your comment shows a poor understanding of economics.
You think this type of business is for dummies?
Or you think Air peace didn't foresee this?
He already achieved his aim, man is booked till December... That's a smart move bro..
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Nopretence: 6:37am On Apr 08
Some mumu will fall for Ethiopian airline trick,airpeace is straight and high while Ethiopian is one stop for 17hrs but cheap, just like entering molue that will load 100 passenger compare to Okada two passenger.
orion7:
16 hrs. Who be the fool wey wan do that kin waka

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by nedekid: 6:38am On Apr 08
mobisonkk2:
Other airlines can afford to be running loss on Nigeria-London route while using other routes to balance up their marginal profits but can airpeace afford to run at lost? Truth is, airpeace showed her cards at the beginning of the game which is a wrong move.

Do you know how many destinations Ethiopian airline fly? Trust me, you don't wanna know. Airpeace is just a small fry.

Why cry more than the bereaved? What is you own if airpeace can compete or not? Your own is to buy ticket. Leave the business aspect to the owners. Which one is this over concern and caring? Abi you want to advice Allen Oyema? Ie "they showed their cards at the beginning". How do you know they did that? Do you have more sense than the billionaire owner of airpeace or his team of management professionals?
Oga, buy your ticket and move on, don't put mouth past your paygrade or what does not concern you.

5 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by dival247(m): 6:42am On Apr 08
[quote author=orion7 post=129317119]16 hrs. Who be the fool wey wan do that kin waka [/quote
The FG create room for everyone to rip us , the federal govt is not protecting the citizens ,
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by ChiefOloye(m): 6:43am On Apr 08
Ozommadu:

If wishes were horsesπŸ₯±

Can you boast of 500k in your account and you're here on nairaland collecting 30k monthly stipend to push propaganda for Apc?? Dey play
But why do you guys always have this irritating and annoying thinking that everyone is poor, that you are the only wealthy people?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by brainhgeek(m): 6:56am On Apr 08
So, they could do this all these while but were just extorting Nigerians before.
I will rather wait to October to fly airpeace than fly Ethiopian airline.
Samething Glo did to force MTN
DSTV is the next international brand to be relegated

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Drumigba(m): 6:58am On Apr 08
You are surely on point. Let us support our own. Let us forgot which tribe owns what and support the growth of our own. Imagine Airpeace not operating in Heathrow but Gatwick, still it isn't enough for them, they still want to push ber out of the international route. This is a wake up call for Nigerians and our government.

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Amumaigwe: 6:58am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
De play for a difference of 400K with an option to explore Ethiopia.

You meant option to explore within the four walls of Addiss Ababa airport? Dey play

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Yashita: 6:58am On Apr 08
helinues:

Stop the quarter cleverness

Which airline is the best in Africa currently.

Air peace will improve and get there.

Best in Africa no be forever position

Make una try dey uplift una own, that's how an economy thrives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Diligence: 6:59am On Apr 08
Nigerians know better. These foreign airlines HV BN economic saboteurs for years against Nigerians.

Besides, Were where these foreign airlines when AirPeace was airlifting Nigerians free of charge from South Africa, Libya, et al, when they were stranded. These so-called foreign airlines should park well!

Moreover, These foreign airlines must HV BN the brain behind delaying AirPeace from flying to London & other strategic destinations for about 7 years, of course, conniving with local saboteurs.

Above all, Nigerians & other customers who HV BN shown the way & the light, please STICK with AirPeace. That's LOYALTY / PAY BACK for redeeming Nigerians! AirPeace airlifted thousands of stranded Nigerians from different countries FOC. Those foreign airlines did not give a hoot. We will nevA EVA forget!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Freezby2020: 7:00am On Apr 08
victorclean:
Wahala. This mean they have been extorting Nigerians

Sure
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by helinues: 7:02am On Apr 08
Yashita:

Air peace will improve and get there.

Best in Africa no be forever position

Make una try dey uplift una own, that's how an economy thrives

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Yashita: 7:02am On Apr 08
Normally sef, nigeria suppose get more than 1 international airline, na countries were no reach us for population dey come our country to exploit us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Yashita: 7:06am On Apr 08
[quote author=helinues post=129323784][/quote]

Yinmu - truth is bitter
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by harjay1986: 7:10am On Apr 08
abc115:
Price War: Ethiopian Airlines on Lagos -London Route now Cheaper than Air Peace

To be sincere there is something Nigeria Government need to give priority for everything is not about making money... if I have a the power, I will give subsidy to Onyema Air peace on ticket for Nigerian ... But normally Nigeria no they like make people help them them go over exploit your weakness...
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by laceblaze(m): 7:10am On Apr 08
orion7:
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:11am On Apr 08
Faiththatworks:

I believe in capitalism,I believe that the customer is king and free to chose any options available to him/her...
This is not the meaning of capitalism.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by harjay1986: 7:13am On Apr 08
nedekid:

Why cry more than the bereaved? What is you own if airpeace can compete or not? Your own is to buy ticket. Leave the business aspect to the owners. Which one is this over concern and caring? Abi you want to advice Allen Oyema? Ie "they showed their cards at the beginning". How do you know they did that? Do you have more sense than the billionaire owner of airpeace or his team of management professionals?
Oga, buy your ticket and move on, don't put mouth past your paygrade or what does not concern you.

Just leave the guy many people tend to look down on Nigeria Market ... Nigeria market alone bost of times 10 if not more of people going to London every month in Africa

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by RillJ(m): 7:14am On Apr 08
Fly Airpeace all the way. Its now obvious that the foreign airlines where just milking Nigeria and Nigerians for nothing.
In saner clime, FGN should be giving Airpeace maximum support by way of tax waver and low interest loan to boost local industry.

Fly Airpeace
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by DeNovo: 7:19am On Apr 08
Faiththatworks:
I'm perplexed and still in shock at what these airlines are doing.
I believe in capitalism,I believe that the customer is king and free to chose any options available to him/her but sincerely I wish Nigerians could boycott all these thieving, unpatriotic, profit taking and imbecilic foreign airlines and fly only Air Peace.
I say this because I know about the airline business,just 2 months ago,the cheapest tickets one way from Manchester to Lagos on ethopia airlines was close to 1 million naira when the Us dollar was close to 1400.
I remember the price for the tickets around 751$.
Suddenly from Lagos to London on these imbecilic airline is now 700000.
U wonder the amount of crazy profit these mad airlines milked our citizens for the last 1 year.
That's why I query the kind of huge losses some foreign companies operating in Nigeria were declaring last month,it's a terrible scam.
Nigerian should please support their own,let us stop this terrible habit of always bring our own down, this is the emotions these foreigners play on to totally suck us dry.
I stand with Air Peace and all other Indigenous owned Businesses all over Nigeria,who have put Patriotism above Profit.
God bless Nigeria.

I agree that we should patronize our own.. but the premise and suggestion that it is a price war targeted at Airpeace solely is very very wrong.

Our Government refused to allow these foreign airlines take out their income from nigeria for years.. they settled those payments a few days ago, and as a result the airlines released lower inventory fares for Nigeria.

We should recall that fares TO ANY DESTINATION was cheaper in cotonou and Lome than in nigeria because of this.

Let's look at current fares to destinations not flown by Airpeace, like WASHINGTON, NEWTORK, JOHANNESBURG, SYDNEY, PARIS ETC and you will see that fares significantly reduced from what they were earlier on the year!!!

LETS BUY AND USE Nigerian, but let's also not be too sentimental about these things but analyze objectively.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Youngsage: 7:27am On Apr 08
Mindlog:

That Ethiopian Airline ticket is only one way, not return ticket as Air Peace.

Are you sure? Cos that image in the screenshot has nothing that shows what you're saying
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Loverboi2cute(m): 7:30am On Apr 08
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACEAIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACEAIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
AIR PEACE
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by cooljude(m): 7:32am On Apr 08
yommen:

Even Onyema would go for a cheaper option when he sees one. So I will say because I want to buy Nigeria, I will buy something of 1m when I can pay less and save 300k for the other option. Guy, you are being unrealistic jorr..

When you have business meetings to attend.... You will understand the importance of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Akmike1983: 7:34am On Apr 08
So this people can actually bring the price down!!! Thank you Air peace!!! Pls Nigerians let patronise Air peace to let them know we appreciate what they have done
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by NairaMaster1(m): 7:38am On Apr 08
Faiththatworks:
I'm perplexed and still in shock at what these airlines are doing.
I believe in capitalism,I believe that the customer is king and free to chose any options available to him/her but sincerely I wish Nigerians could boycott all these thieving, unpatriotic, profit taking and imbecilic foreign airlines and fly only Air Peace.
I say this because I know about the airline business,just 2 months ago,the cheapest tickets one way from Manchester to Lagos on ethopia airlines was close to 1 million naira when the Us dollar was close to 1400.
I remember the price for the tickets around 751$.
Suddenly from Lagos to London on these imbecilic airline is now 700000.
U wonder the amount of crazy profit these mad airlines milked our citizens for the last 1 year.
That's why I query the kind of huge losses some foreign companies operating in Nigeria were declaring last month,it's a terrible scam.
Nigerian should please support their own,let us stop this terrible habit of always bring our own down, this is the emotions these foreigners play on to totally suck us dry.
I stand with Air Peace and all other Indigenous owned Businesses all over Nigeria,who have put Patriotism above Profit.
God bless Nigeria.

Seconded.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by vince2016(m): 7:41am On Apr 08
Let us all support and patronize Air Peace; it is to our advantage as a country!! God bless Air peace!!
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by psychologist(m): 7:42am On Apr 08
orion7:
They are using Air Bus grin
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Cmanforall: 7:45am On Apr 08
abc115:

It's not price war...

Ethiopian Airlines will take you 16hours to London but Airpeace will take your 6hours direct to London
This is how it is with flights
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by todyms: 7:46am On Apr 08
abc115:

Airpeace is still cheaper when you consider the time. Spending 16 hours on a trip that should take 6 hours is not easy. You'll be paying the cost differential with your time and energy.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by pquaver(m): 7:47am On Apr 08
Ozommadu:

If wishes were horsesπŸ₯±

Can you boast of 500k in your account and you're here on nairaland collecting 30k monthly stipend to push propaganda for Apc?? Dey play

It all ends here.. In your delusion he is paid 30k per month because of his conviction, that also end air peace 7 years wait for London route.. But u that carry obi for head is not receiving 10k per month just to feed.. Dey play.. Like i said u joke ends here, if he can afford and wants to... No amout of writing 30kper month will stop travel his travel.. Obidients and delusion are inseparable.. Tufiakwa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos / My Ghana Experience 2017 / Israelis Being Evacuated To Israel From Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.