Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace (62623 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Aguogba(m): 1:57am On Apr 08
alfarouq:
I think this is the time for Nigerians to be stick with Air peace and any other Nigerian Airline that helped to beat down the price. Air Peace must be in service for Nigeria and Nigerians to really win and benefit.

Air Peace should continue to be patriotic and empathetic to the plight of Nigerians and Nigerians should pay back the good will of Airpeace by sticking with them.
OP was not even observant to see that Airpeace is a direct flight while Ethiopian is a layover flight with double the time. They can NEVER be the same price. Let them show us the price of Ethiopian for Lagos or Abuja direct to London.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Slytiger: 2:03am On Apr 08
Goalnaldo:
yet we keep saying there's no money in this Nigeria. Are you trying to tell me that it's only politicians that sold out their tickets??
Politicians would rarely fly airpeace to london. When BA business class dey. AirPeace would be mostly for the average Nigerian 😁

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by VanuatuWycombe: 2:13am On Apr 08
Ethiopian Airline is a 16hrs’ flight (including layovers), while Air Peace is less than 7 hours - no connecting flight.

Air Peace can still shenk them bu carrying out value engineering and see where it can cut down on sone expenses to be able to bring down cost eg, o the area of in-flight entertainments, ground operations in Nigeria l, etc.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Enemyofpeace: 2:17am On Apr 08
Let the war begin
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by OALandAgents: 2:18am On Apr 08
That is why I decided years ago to only fly black owned airlines and I don't care whether it means the journey takes 48hours.
I have to say I have taken KLM and Lufansa in the past and any lowering of service quality was never as stark or extreme as what I experienced with Ethiopia Airline flying into Enugu. Although those European airlines do usually charge significantly more than Ethiopia Airline.
Slytiger:

Most of the airlines do this. If you fly KLM, Lufthansa or Air France to the US or Canada where two big planes are required for both the the Lagos to Europe then Europe to North America leg, the Lagos to Europe flight would be an older plane and quality of service would be poorer than the Europe to North America leg which would also have a newer plane.

Just like you me mentioned, could be something to do more with competition. There are way more different airlines flying to North America from Europe so they need to up their game. They are the only ones felting to Enugu like you mentioned so they don't care. Racism crosses my mind but I dont have enough proof to determine if that's the case.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by LesPieux: 2:20am On Apr 08
Jealously of some ethnic groups is just remarkable
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by 247man: 2:29am On Apr 08
vowiski:
cheesy

Air peace has already cash out ..

I think they have been booked till September

Again… direct flights are usually more expensive than stop overs. But I believe all d price wars will soon level out
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Dbegining: 2:34am On Apr 08
helinues:
Good for the travellers. Exactly what I was talking about on the other thread. Free for all

Let the flight fee war begins

Street OT is really important gan cos it works in every sector or industry. Air peace didn't try at all

Stop saying nonsense. Ethiopia airline is a 16 hour journey while sir peace is 6 hours. It's not even a competition at all.

Then, if these other airlines could drop the price this low and not run at all loss, I believe they would have.

What they are currently doing is draining tgem of profit so it's not sustainable.

Just shut up oga.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Zetty177x: 2:37am On Apr 08
bigpicture001:

Aside over 400k naija ppl living in london...154k new visas are given just last year.....traffic is much

It can't be only 400k.....I know over 4m people living there....just kidding
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by koreanlord: 3:03am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
De play for a difference of 400K with an option to explore Ethiopia.

lol...make e dey play ooo.....400k na small money?

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by UnabashedIPOB: 3:04am On Apr 08
Why do all these foreign airlines suddenly want to reduce their air tickets after having been fleecing Nigerians for so many years? Do NOT be suckered into their bait-and-switch tactics. If they could slash their prices NOW, why have they NOT been doing it all this while? I hope Nigerians are NOT fooled by their evil ploy!

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Osanoghodua1: 3:07am On Apr 08
Air Peace is still better, it's a direct flight, but Ethiopia air is not. 16hrs vs 6hrs.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by babydioku(f): 3:33am On Apr 08
16hrs.
Eji eme gini?

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Trojan8(m): 3:38am On Apr 08
Crowntop94:
They will go 10hrs ahead of airpeace so they are getting there the same time despite the Ethiopia airline stop over

This statement looks stupid to me. What do you mean by going 10 hours ahead? Na wa
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Bullfallo(m): 3:53am On Apr 08
Lol. I will choose air peace direct flights because when i use ethiopia 2007 the flight from Nigeria were majorly Nigerians. The vibes, plane was smaller, just 2 per seat. music and tv channels, food were Nigerians.

The the connecting place has 3 role’s seat. Biger and over crowded. To the extent I wasn’t feeling the air conditioner anymore. The movie changed. Fewer Nigerians with arabs everywhere. They marginalized Nigerians inside the flight. Nothing about black or Nigerians matter inside.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by NwekereNdokl: 3:59am On Apr 08
Game
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by miketayo(m): 4:08am On Apr 08
abc115:

You don't know anything... opportunity to visit another country as stop over

Visit? You won't leave the airport, unless your passport is visa free to those countries which it isn't
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by miketayo(m): 4:10am On Apr 08
UnabashedIPOB:
Why do all these foreign airlines suddenly want to reduce their air tickets after having been fleecing Nigerians for so many years? Do NOT be suckered into their bait-and-switch tactics. If they could slash their prices NOW, why have they NOT been doing it all this while? I hope Nigerians are NOT fooled by their evil ploy!

Look at the layover, uk is a 6 hr flight, but theirs is 16, that's why it's cheaper

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Oburu202: 4:13am On Apr 08
helinues:

They are actually one of the best in Africa if not the best.

That's not true. Have you flown with them? Yeye flight.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by drololaaof: 4:17am On Apr 08
abc115:
Price War: Ethiopian Airlines on Lagos -London Route now Cheaper than Air Peace
Thanks to AIR PEACE & those that make it possible for it to establish Lagos- - London route ,otherwise the cheating would have continue.
God bless Air peace
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by bullabong(m): 4:20am On Apr 08
victorclean:
Wahala. This mean they have been extorting Nigerians
serious extortion!
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by bullabong(m): 4:21am On Apr 08
victorclean:
Wahala. This mean they have been extorting Nigerians
serious extortion!!
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 4:21am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

And other airline operators don’t like free tax. People like you who belittles someone’s efforts and good gestures would hardly offer a thirsty man free drinking water.
All of sudden an airline company that was denied every support by that government, iwas hoping to get free tax from the same folks that were hostile to him.
You are just full of anger. What am I talking about what out of point are talking about.?
Are you the owner or related to Air Peace?All these kids on NL.

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Lexusgs430: 4:26am On Apr 08
This is Ethiopian Airlines , tempting Nigerian customers with the vexation of the failure of Nigerian Air.......... 😂😂

Air peace is still much cheaper, on selected day....... 🤣

1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 4:35am On Apr 08
CluelessMODS:

You are just full of anger. What am I talking about what out of point are talking about.?
Are you the owner or related to Air Peace?All these kids on NL.
And you are their auditor or you are privy to Air peace financial statement to know that they got free tax from the government.
What a hasty generalization!
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by ghettochild(m): 4:36am On Apr 08
so they can be cheap before
and they waited till a local airline decide to slash prices hence their drastic reduction...
to be honest our government isn't proactive or I'd say also part of the conspiracy to make Air peace fail....
cos I see no reason why Nigerians should pay the highest average flight fees...
This is a systemic wickedness.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 4:38am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

And you are their auditor or you are privy to Air peace financial statement to know that they got free tax from the government.
What a hasty generalization!
I don't roll with kids okay? Today is Monday go to school or go to work. Take your frustrations elsewhere.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Bullfallo(m): 4:40am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

You are ver correct. This is exactly my experience with them from US to Lagos. After the US Adisababa , all the quality of service changed totally. It was riding a molue to Lagos.
lol. During 2007 it was not like that oh. Alot of things happened after buhari took over. Naira inflation Md their funds trapped in Nigeria. They did swap with dangote one time like that.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 4:43am On Apr 08
CluelessMODS:

I don't roll with kids okay? Today is Monday go to school or go to work. Take your frustrations elsewhere.
It is still Sunday here in the US. Still enjoying my weekends. frustrations ehh?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 4:48am On Apr 08
Bullfallo:
lol. During 2007 it was not like that oh. Alot of things happened after buhari took over. Naira inflation Md their funds trapped in Nigeria. They did swap with dangote one time like that.
There was a time they couldn’t even go to Nigeria. They dumped Nigerians in Togo and charter a very local plane to continue to Lagos. That chartered plane was like those Osondu motors from Lagos to Onsitha.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Bullfallo(m): 4:54am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

There was a time they couldn’t even go to Nigeria. They dumped Nigerians in Togo and charter a very local plane to continue to Lagos. That chartered plane was like those Osondu motors from Lagos to Onsitha.
lol. The treatment was because of trapped funds and the funds begins to devalued in Nigeria. That was they they charges very high so incase the funds devalued they can still have something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos / My Ghana Experience 2017 / Israelis Being Evacuated To Israel From Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.