Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace (62751 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by adamusuleiman1: 4:56am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

And you are their auditor or you are privy to Air peace financial statement to know that they got free tax from the government.
What a hasty generalization!
Have you been living under a rock..the CEO himself said the company got a tax waiver of 13 billion naira.

https://dailytrust.com/waiver-air-peace-saves-n13bn-on-13-new-aircraft/
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by CluelessMODS: 4:59am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

It is still Sunday here in the US. Still enjoying my weekends. frustrations ehh?
Okay wherever you are go and rest...10:58p here in Texas 💤💤

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 4:59am On Apr 08
adamusuleiman1:

Have you been living under a rock..the CEO himself said the company got a tax waiver of 13 billion naira.

https://dailytrust.com/waiver-air-peace-saves-n13bn-on-13-new-aircraft/
Under which administration?
You just jumped in and started making comments out of context. Did Air peace get those waivers because of the free transportation he gave to Nigerians that were trapped in Sudan?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by abuhusna1: 5:00am On Apr 08
Using airpeace will further reduce demand for dollars as the money will live in nigeria and no need sourcing dollars for the carrier to repatriate to their country. Let's support airpeace and grow the naira

4 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by abuhusna1: 5:03am On Apr 08
Slytiger:

Politicians would rarely fly airpeace to london. When BA business class dey. AirPeace would be mostly for the average Nigerian 😁
Average nigeria is needed for success of any business's because we have many of them and few rich nigerians. So forget the rich or politicians they are few in numbers

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 5:08am On Apr 08
waternogetememy:

WHAT DID AIR PEACE DO TO YOU?

You are the only one who does not know that Air peace is owned by an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Elsueno: 5:11am On Apr 08
helinues:

That logic would ruin Air peace. They don't have the money and connection to muscle with the foreign airlines.

That was my initial arguments.. You consider yourself first before the consumers. That's the strategy of succeeding in business .

Funnily, it's not that the foreign airlines can sustain the price slashing, na just some sort of let's see who's the boss here.

That was Roosevelt tactics back then. You crash the price to the extent that your competitors won't be able to compete and at the end you acquire their business

Dude, are U sure U ain't some foreign agent..Cause I just do not understand this kind of extreme hatred & dislike for air peace.. A firm from a country U claim to 'love' and a 'patriot' of it.
This is not healthy for you bros

4 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Godmercy86(m): 5:11am On Apr 08
StOla:
Air Peace should still be the Airline of choice having pioneered the price slash.

airpeace anyday anytime dear
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Mindlog: 5:15am On Apr 08
Goodvibes007:

You just confirmed what he said with the screenshot. If you stay in the airport, you don't need a transit visa.

He quoted my post where I typed about leaving the airport during the stopover.

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by adamusuleiman1: 5:24am On Apr 08
sonnie10:

Under which administration?
You just jumped in and started making comments out of context. Did Air peace get those waivers because of the free transportation he gave to Nigerians that were trapped in Sudan?
Doesn't matter. It's still tax payers money.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by sonnie10: 5:28am On Apr 08
adamusuleiman1:

Doesn't matter. It's still tax payers money.
It mattes in this discussion. That guy said Air Peace got waivers because he rescued trapped Nigeria from war zone Sudan.
Always understand context to avoid making unrelated comments.
The waiver is a genera tax exempt which is open to any operator with the capacity to import new aircraft. It was not just for Air peace.

4 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Charly68: 5:36am On Apr 08
Don't mind..let's flow with our own .. it is better for our national interest. We have the market and they need us more than they assumed
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Greenfusion: 5:36am On Apr 08
Good one, japa reactivated.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by seguno2: 5:41am On Apr 08
victorclean:
Wahala. This mean they have been extorting Nigerians

Do you know what they were selling their tickets for before Air Peace, and have you factored in seasonal travel plus exchange rate fluctuations
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Sctests: 5:41am On Apr 08
helinues:
Good for the travellers. Exactly what I was talking about on the other thread. Free for all

Let the flight fee war begins

Street OT is really important gan cos it works in every sector or industry. Air peace didn't try at all

Wetin this were dey talk? Oni dorti oshi.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Miles300: 5:41am On Apr 08
Na e remain make air peace begin enter Europe and see price crash dramatically......

2 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Sctests: 5:42am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
De play for a difference of 400K with an option to explore Ethiopia.

There is a war going on in Ethiopia, you can throw yourself into the mix if you like..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by seguno2: 5:43am On Apr 08
StOla:
Air Peace should still be the Airline of choice having pioneered the price slash.

Subject to a comparable level of service
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by seguno2: 5:45am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
De play for a difference of 400K with an option to explore Ethiopia.

10 hours in transit to explore how much of the entire country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by DavidHume(m): 5:45am On Apr 08
Can the same happen with Canada to Lagos flights?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by broadman20: 5:45am On Apr 08
ebufa:

if you want to sleep in adis ababa for 10 hours....feel free to buy ethiopian air! meanwhile there is a civil war going on there!

You are 💯 percent correct, I've been a victim of this nonsense and we couldn't do anything than just to complain and wait.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Alexrh: 5:46am On Apr 08
Sometimes I wonder how Nigerians thinks ,Lagos to London 1m , Lagos to Abuja 230.
While they were reducing international fare ,why didn't they reduce local fare ?
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Alexrh: 5:51am On Apr 08
Flight of 6hrs cost 1m , while that of 40nins cost 230k
They are actually milky the poor Nigerians. Nigeria
Independence was the biggest scam in the world
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by udeh3(m): 5:54am On Apr 08
victorclean:

Oga, check the time to reach destination na. Ethiopia Airline is over 16hrs, stopping in one country while Air-Peace is direct, less than 7hrs. Almost 10hrs difference, that's approximately half a day in difference. So, me going to London from Lagos, I'll use over half a day to get to my destination. Na wa!

See the difference

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Lekan239(m): 5:57am On Apr 08
slimfit1:
If Nigerians make the mistake of not purchasing air peace. You will forever remain cash cow for foreign airline. Don't be fooled by price differences. This is the time to suppose air peace with your last kobo. I was looking at Ghana few miles from Lagos £425. Very soon air peace will reduce their prices too. Right Nigerian air Peace needs your support. It won't go down in my time.
yes it's good, we will support Air peace..... but assuming no be igbo person get am, assuming its yoruba man that owns it, will you be doing all this thing you are doing
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by adamusuleiman1: 6:06am On Apr 08
Sctests:

There is a war going on in Ethiopia, you can throw in the mix if you like..
Just like Boko Haram war in NE Nigeria, the war has not affected flights in and out of the country.
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Hogwarthtrades: 6:10am On Apr 08
It ought to be a no brainer for Nigerians to fly the route Airpeace ply (Direct flight and patriotism). Support your own else in no distant future the choke hold tactics by foreign airlines will be used again. Those arguing about capitalism, did the same capitalsim escape the stupid foreign airlines before Air peace started.

No matter how much reason is given, Foreignitis (yes you heard the term here first, see how long before local newspaper take up the term) is real sickness that will take few generations to cure. In the mean time, for those that are priviledged to fly home and abroad , lets support the airline. While we expect Air peace will keep the bargain on their end. Shalom!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by efonat(m): 6:11am On Apr 08
Air peace is a direct flight while Ethiopian air is transiting. Transit is cheaper.
vowiski:
cheesy

Air peace has already cash out ..

I think they have been booked till September
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by kolexy(m): 6:12am On Apr 08
Faiththatworks:
I'm perplexed and still in shock at what these airlines are doing.
I believe in capitalism,I believe that the customer is king and free to chose any options available to him/her but sincerely I wish Nigerians could boycott all these thieving, unpatriotic, profit taking and imbecilic foreign airlines and fly only Air Peace.
I say this because I know about the airline business,just 2 months ago,the cheapest tickets one way from Manchester to Lagos on ethopia airlines was close to 1 million naira when the Us dollar was close to 1400.
I remember the price for the tickets around 751$.
Suddenly from Lagos to London on these imbecilic airline is now 700000.
U wonder the amount of crazy profit these mad airlines milked our citizens for the last 1 year.
That's why I query the kind of huge losses some foreign companies operating in Nigeria were declaring last month,it's a terrible scam.
Nigerian should please support their own,let us stop this terrible habit of always bring our own down, this is the emotions these foreigners play on to totally suck us dry.
I stand with Air Peace and all other Indigenous owned Businesses all over Nigeria,who have put Patriotism above Profit.
God bless Nigeria.

I understand your sentiments, but the same thing would happen if you boycott other airlines leaving only Air Peace. The solution is for Nigerians to have multiple choices, especially Nigerian owned Airlines.

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Oghene86: 6:14am On Apr 08
vowiski:
cheesy

Air peace has already cash out ..

I think they have been booked till September

This is very good, it would still come down 😂
Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Oghene86: 6:15am On Apr 08
Alexrh:
Sometimes I wonder how Nigerians thinks ,Lagos to London 1m , Lagos to Abuja 230.
While they were reducing international fare ,why didn't they reduce local fare ?

Don't worry it's would come down, Air peace would bring it down too 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace by Junior66(m): 6:25am On Apr 08
victorclean:
Not at all. It means they want to push Airpeace out of the market. The big airlines can afford to charge a fare that is a loss to them so that customers will go for their cheaper fares, Airpeace won the able to compete and will eventually leave that route cos of losses, as soon as Airpeace leaves the market cos of losses they will jack up their prices again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Ghana Experience 2017 / Ibeno Beach: The Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) / South African Man Who Smoked Malawian Indian Hemp Unclad At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.