Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu (26890 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Imo Assembly Impeaches Eze Madumere, Deputy Governor / BREAKING: Kano Assembly Impeaches Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Kobicove(m): 11:28am On Apr 08
So all the political parties in Edo State ganged up to impeach him...his village people are very strong indeed! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by taiwotimitt: 11:29am On Apr 08
politics....
game of men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by AmotekunSW: 11:29am On Apr 08
Philip, on to plan B.

Sinking Edo Pdp is a task that must be completed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Ara21(f): 11:32am On Apr 08
garfield1:

He will end Obaseki ambition by sept

In his dream ba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:32am On Apr 08
Zonefree:
18 to 1.

God bless the one person that stood by him to the end. That's the kind of friend I need in my life right now.
its obviously a kangaroo impeachment which the courts can redress the assembly isn't supposed to set up panel that's where the Cheif judge of the state comes in.. when we say gorvenors are emperor's this is it... It's similar to how Obj wanted to remove Atiku then before it didn't sail thru... Abuse of process is bad for democracy..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by charlypoker(m): 11:32am On Apr 08
that serves him right. Mr. Only me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Trustedpronet: 11:32am On Apr 08
Obaseki is a worrior
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by spencekat(m): 11:33am On Apr 08
He can challenge it in the court.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 11:36am On Apr 08
garfield1:

And obaseki own has ended too.

Obaseki is rounding up his eight-year tenure as governor of Edo State. What more can he ask for?

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by eteba(m): 11:41am On Apr 08
Shaibu over did it sha, he should have read btw the lines and drop his ambition while he still could.

It's not every dep gov that's destined to be governor.

He arrogantly shot himself on the foot.

He has only himself to blame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by muykem: 11:41am On Apr 08
It will have effect on incoming election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by josilcool(m): 11:42am On Apr 08
This man supposed to have resigned before now..

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by blacknp(m): 11:43am On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:
That's the end of his political career

Shaibu can go join the APC.
The Ruling party that him & Obaseki ran away from to hijack The Pdp?

You mean join the party of political rejects The LP?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Theoarhics: 11:47am On Apr 08
One thing I know for sure PDP is losing the state to APC. From feeders I get from Edo North they are not happy with Obaseki and PDP, this region will decide the winner of this election, and as we speak right now no strong PDP member from that side that can gather vote for them. Oshiomole's influence is still very prominent in that region . I'm 100% certain that APC is winning the region landslide. As for the Edo south and Central the votes will be evenly distributed hence Obaseki and PDP are gonners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by bjdon: 11:48am On Apr 08
seunmsg:
He should pack his things and relocate to Lagos since Obaseki has finally shown him the meaning of “Edo no be Lagos”.

I have absolutely no pity for Shaibu though, he got exactly what he deserved. Looking at how he betrayed Oshiomhole, there is absolutely no way anyone will ever trust him enough with power. Obaseki has used and discarded him. He can’t go back to Oshiomhole. He’s now a political orphan with no value or usefulness. His political career is dead and buried.
Totally agree. Obaseki is a master fighter. If you watch Mafia movies or read mafia books, you'll see that traitors are seldom trusted by those they thought they were helping. Once you betray your principal, the next one will always be thinking 'This guy betrayed his principal, he can betray me as well' Obaseki was NEVER going to support Phillip's ambition because of this.. Philip should have read the situation and worked with Obaseki to remain relevant in the next dispensation. Now he's finished. Obaseki and Oshimole will even do back door deals as Oshimole's candidate was schemed out by APC.
Edo politics sweet sha!

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Abujaexpress: 11:48am On Apr 08
A Betrayer has just Betrayed a Betrayer. Serves Philip Shuaibu right grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by 6ixVille: 11:49am On Apr 08
Heya
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Kusu12: 11:49am On Apr 08
If this impeachment was carried out by APC governor, Obingo and his deluded obirodents would have been wailing, gnashing their teeth like losers, shouting rule of law, would have been writing epistles to UN, international organisations, even calling Nigeria a "zoo" and disturbing our peace on social media.
But since it was done by one of their fake messiahs, they all hailed the move. Hypocritical set of humans.
Take these elements serious at your own peril.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by bjdon: 11:49am On Apr 08
Theoarhics:
One thing I know for sure PDP is losing the state to APC. From feeders I get from Edo North they are not happy with Obaseki and PDP, this region will decide the winner of this election, and as we speak right now no strong PDP member from that side that can gather vote for them. Oshiomole's influence is still very prominent in that region . I'm 100% certain that APC is winning the region landslide. As for the Edo south and Central the votes will be evenly distributed hence Obaseki and PDP are gonners.
If you know this 'for sure', are you ready to put money on it? Should we bet N100000?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Lance008(m): 11:50am On Apr 08
Zico5:
Obaseki is a terrible person. Someone fought tooth and nail for u during ur trying times by even disassociating himself totally from his godfather and this is how u paid him back. I know the worst will be done to u in the nearest future. Nothing last forever and u will be forgotten very soon.
Stop all this
Everyman Dey fight for himself
Shaibu greedy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Successlane: 11:52am On Apr 08
mmm
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by McLizbae: 11:54am On Apr 08
Find this interesting...
bjdon:

Totally agree. Obaseki is a master fighter. If you watch Mafia movies or read mafia books, you'll see that traitors are seldom trusted by those they thought they were helping. Once you betray your principal, the next one will always be thinking 'This guy betrayed his principal, he can betray me as well' Obaseki was NEVER going to support Phillip's ambition because of this.. Philip should have read the situation and worked with Obaseki to remain relevant in the next dispensation. Now he's finished. Obaseki and Oshimole will even do back door deals as Oshimole's candidate was schemed out by APC.
Edo politics sweet sha!
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 11:55am On Apr 08
Zonefree:
18 to 1.

God bless the one person that stood by him to the end. That's the kind of friend I need in my life right now.

I am shocked.pdp has 15 members which is less than the two third of 16 so how did they do it

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 11:55am On Apr 08
seunmsg:
He should pack his things and relocate to Lagos since Obaseki has finally shown him the meaning of “Edo no be Lagos”.

I have absolutely no pity for Shaibu though, he got exactly what he deserved. Looking at how he betrayed Oshiomhole, there is absolutely no way anyone will ever trust him enough with power. Obaseki has used and discarded him. He can’t go back to Oshiomhole. He’s now a political orphan with no value or usefulness. His political career is dead and buried.

He should pack after he helps decimate pdp in September

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 11:55am On Apr 08
blacknp:
The Ruling party that him & Obaseki ran away from to hijack The Pdp?

You mean join the party of political rejects The LP?

That won't be a bad idea if he joins the LP. He will be rehabilitated.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by KrisUc(m): 11:56am On Apr 08
In the game of politics, loyalty plays an important role even more than competence, the loyalty may be an eye service or hypocritical but so long as there's no display of impudence, just play humble and get what you want.

On the other hand, I think Obaseki is really overreacting but that's what happens when you bite the fingers that feed you.

The game won't end like that, Shaibu would want to stifle the plans of PDP in the coming gubernatorial elections but he can only try, may not make any reasonable progress.

#TechnicalKnockOut
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 11:57am On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

Obaseki is rounding up his eight-year tenure as governor of Edo State. What more can he ask for? 

His stooge ighodalo will fail and efcc will rubbish him

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 11:57am On Apr 08
Ara21:

In his dream ba

In reality.he will make obaseki more ugly

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by RaptorX: 11:58am On Apr 08
Fubara next.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by ChukwuObe: 11:58am On Apr 08
Someone should bookmark this today. Both Obaseki and Shuaibu will lose out. I am 80% sure that Obaseki stooge will lose out in the September election either by voting or judiciary as Shuaibu, Wike and Orbhi will fight against him. There has always been karma for any betrayal in history. Since the day of Lucifer when he betrayed his maker before being sent out of Heaven, God has never dealt kindly to any betrayer. HE hates it with passion whether justified or not.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by abobote: 12:00pm On Apr 08
muykem:
Finally.
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, But the end thereof are the ways of death.

He found life following Oshiomole but death when he switched camp to Obaseki.
Deputy governor for 7 years and called that death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Extols Pastor Adeboye's Virtues At 81 / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police / Peter Obi Visits Kano For Consultations, Adamu Garba Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.