Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu (26890 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Imo Assembly Impeaches Eze Madumere, Deputy Governor / BREAKING: Kano Assembly Impeaches Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by blacknp(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

That won't be a bad idea if he joins the LP. He will be rehabilitated. 
Yes o, the route of political rejects, Impostor: APGA-PDP-LP, Shaibu: APC-PDP-LP.
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by spencekat(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08
eteba:
Shaibu over did it sha, he should have read btw the lines and drop his ambition while he still could.

[/b]It's not every dep gov that's destined to be governor.[b]

He arrogantly shot himself on the foot.

He has only himself to blame.
When he knows that deputy governors find it very hard to succeed their bosses as governors.He didn't plan well at all.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by vRendoh(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

He will end Obaseki ambition by sept

Sure....And the next APC Governor will restore all his benefits
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 12:01pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

His stooge ighodalo will fail and efcc will rubbish him

I don't see APC winning Edo state come September. Not with Tinubu's calamitous economic policies that have turned the entire country into the world largest IDP camp

Well, it's for the people of Edo to decide

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:01pm On Apr 08
Theoarhics:
One thing I know for sure PDP is losing the state to APC. From feeders I get from Edo North they are not happy with Obaseki and PDP, this region will decide the winner of this election, and as we speak right now no strong PDP member from that side that can gather vote for them. Oshiomole's influence is still very prominent in that region . I'm 100% certain that APC is winning the region landslide. As for the Edo south and Central the votes will be evenly distributed hence Obaseki and PDP are gonners.

Cc you Sabi cc penguin2,aswani, jorussia, indispensable85, donphilopus,name4

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:03pm On Apr 08
bjdon:

Totally agree. Obaseki is a master fighter. If you watch Mafia movies or read mafia books, you'll see that traitors are seldom trusted by those they thought they were helping. Once you betray your principal, the next one will always be thinking 'This guy betrayed his principal, he can betray me as well' Obaseki was NEVER going to support Phillip's ambition because of this.. Philip should have read the situation and worked with Obaseki to remain relevant in the next dispensation. Now he's finished. Obaseki and Oshimole will even do back door deals as Oshimole's candidate was schemed out by APC.
Edo politics sweet sha!

Lol,that his candidate is now the running mate.this thing is beyond oshiomhole,a lot of men are set to bury obaseki from tinubu to orbih to wike
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:04pm On Apr 08
KrisUc:
In the game of politics, loyalty plays an important role even more than competence, the loyalty may be an eye service or hypocritical but so long as there's no display of impudence, just play humble and get what you want.

On the other hand, I think Obaseki is really overreacting but that's what happens when you bite the fingers that feed you.

The game won't end like that, Shaibu would want to stifle the plans of PDP in the coming gubernatorial elections but he can only try, may not make any reasonable progress.

#TechnicalKnockOut

He will,he will destroy pdp in Edo north finally
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:06pm On Apr 08
ChukwuObe:
Someone should bookmark this today. Both Obaseki and Shuaibu will lose out. I am 80% sure that Obaseki stooge will lose out in the September election either by voting or judiciary as Shuaibu, Wike and Orbhi will fight against him. There has always been karma for any betrayal in history. Since the day of Lucifer when he betrayed his maker before being sent out of Heaven, God has never dealt kindly to any betrayer. HE hates it with passion whether justified or not.

Gbam
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by bobbiiee: 12:07pm On Apr 08
Politics indeed can be do or die.
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by ogbe88(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08
Theoarhics:
One thing I know for sure PDP is losing the state to APC. From feeders I get from Edo North they are not happy with Obaseki and PDP, this region will decide the winner of this election, and as we speak right now no strong PDP member from that side that can gather vote for them. Oshiomole's influence is still very prominent in that region . I'm 100% certain that APC is winning the region landslide. As for the Edo south and Central the votes will be evenly distributed hence Obaseki and PDP are gonners.
U are not from Edo state pls keep quiet, which APC, u are dreaming.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:12pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

I don't see APC winning Edo state come September. Not with Tinubu's calamitous economic policies that have turned the entire country into the world largest IDP camp

Well, it's for the people of Edo to decide

Oga,if you look well,APC already has Edo north.edo south and central are divided and lp is eating pdp votes in Edo south.edo elections has nothing to do with Tinubu afterall obaseki performed woefully in second term.as you can see,APC is united and pdp is divided
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:13pm On Apr 08
vRendoh:

Sure....And the next APC Governor will restore all his benefits

You Sabi,same thing happening between omehia,fubara and wike in rivers.shuaibu will cut deal with APC
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Bluntemperor: 12:13pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

And obaseki own has ended too.

But Shaibu has lost everything - as he was impeached and nothing for him.The best tactical moves is to beg Oshi- Baba and like a Father,he will be welcome back to APC and that will make the Edo Politics interesting!
If this is his move,PDP can't win that State.
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by adams123: 12:13pm On Apr 08
kettykin:
This man has really suffered, he could have just remained loyal enough to enjoy his pension as ex deputy governor

Nawa for you ooo... You no the see people suffering on the streets of this country and you are pitying a whole deputy governor for almost 8years in such a corrupt society of ours?
You are not serious

2 Likes

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 12:14pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

Oga,if you look well,APC already has Edo north.edo south and central are divided and lp is eating pdp votes in Edo south.edo elections has nothing to do with Tinubu afterall obaseki performed woefully in second term.as you can see,APC is united and pdp is divided

Like I stated earlier, it's for the people of Edo state to decide
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:15pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

I agree
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Jorussia(m): 12:15pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

Cc you Sabi cc penguin2,aswani, jorussia, indispensable85, donphilopus,name4
oshiomhole has saved the day for APC in Edo state.Its highly unlikely for APC to lose the elections.
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:16pm On Apr 08
Bluntemperor:

But Shaibu has lost everything - as he was impeached and nothing for him.The best tactical moves is to beg Oshi- Baba and like a Father,he will be welcome back to APC and that will make the Edo Politics interesting!
If this is his move,PDP can't win that State.

He has started.during oshio 72 birthday,he indirectly begged him.again,I heard from a top chieftain that apc supported him impeachment so that he will pdp
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:17pm On Apr 08
Jorussia:
oshiomhole has saved the day for APC in Edo state.Its highly unlikely for APC to lose the elections.

How? I still think they would have won without oshio
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Cajal(m): 12:18pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:
That's the end of his political career

Shaibu can go join the APC.
He will work with APC and send obaseki to extinction
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Goodlady(f): 12:20pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:
That's the end of his political career

Shaibu can go join the APC.
He ll be welcomed
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:20pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:

He has picked a 38 year old novice as deputy
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by vowiski(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08
seunmsg:
He should pack his things and relocate to Lagos since Obaseki has finally shown him the meaning of “Edo no be Lagos”.

I have absolutely no pity for Shaibu though, he got exactly what he deserved. Looking at how he betrayed Oshiomhole, there is absolutely no way anyone will ever trust him enough with power. Obaseki has used and discarded him. He can’t go back to Oshiomhole. He’s now a political orphan with no value or usefulness. His political career is dead and buried.

Everyone talking about Betray..

Would he have allowed Oshiomole to remove him as deputy governor ?

Haba…

Philip is a greedy man. How can he want to be governor after he was there when Obaseki promised Esan the PDP ticket ..

Nigerians and emotions , bereft of Logic

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by GreatOchuks: 12:22pm On Apr 08
Exactly what PDP (Federal) should have done to Wike before the Presidential Elections to make the other Judases behave properly but they allowed him continue his Anti Party activities thinking he will change his mind .
How did it end , he divided the Party's votes and assisted APC to win ..

PDP failed themselves and also failed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by vowiski(m): 12:22pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

LP that won’t get 5k votes in Sept?

Lol, Obidients are no LP members

The same people that voted OBI will vote PDP
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Adayi1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08
Law of retribution....
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Emperor5(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08
He should have resigned knowing fully well that his camp is weak
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by saintmm(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08
I'm not sympathetic to any of them. But, I'm sure Philip Shuaibu must be acting out a script. He is too political rough than to allow easy slip like this. Anyway time will tell. The days ahead are politically fascinating
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by vowiski(m): 12:28pm On Apr 08
Zico5:
Obaseki is a terrible person. Someone fought tooth and nail for u during ur trying times by even disassociating himself totally from his godfather and this is how u paid him back. I know the worst will be done to u in the nearest future. Nothing last forever and u will be forgotten very soon.

Lol. If Oshiomole succeeded , would Philip remain a deputy governor ?

He was fighting for his seat, so he can run for governor .. you Dey here dey cap nonsense.

Nigeria politics is not your mate

1 Like

Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by Okeoghenerobert: 12:28pm On Apr 08
Good one.The guy is too ambitious.Master na master.That is why some ibo guys dey serve their oga for ten years and later their oga go open shop for them.You no want serve but you want make Dem open shop for you.How is that possible?Na call Dem call you say make you come chop and you want know pass the person wen cal you.Make other people learn o.
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:29pm On Apr 08
vowiski:

LP that won’t get 5k votes in Sept?

Lol, Obidients are no LP members

The same people that voted OBI will vote PDP

A lot of people that would have voted pdp will vote akpata.eveh if pdp wins,it will be narrow
Re: Edo Assembly impeaches Deputy-Governor, Philip Shaibu by garfield1: 12:29pm On Apr 08
saintmm:
I'm not sympathetic to any of them. But, I'm sure Philip Shuaibu must be acting out a script. He is too political rough than to allow easy slip like this. Anyway time will tell. The days ahead are politically fascinating

You sabi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Extols Pastor Adeboye's Virtues At 81 / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police / Peter Obi Visits Kano For Consultations, Adamu Garba Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.