Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic (65012 Views)

Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / Meet The Founder Of Nairaland...**seun Osewa** / The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by codemaniacs: 2:30pm On Apr 08
Bukswag:
Tribalism, left untamed, will do more damage to any national hope we have left than bad leaders ever will. A disgusting thing to do undecided

But trust some people to spew bigoted comment all over the thread, while your leaders ironically team up to loot the country undecided

Bukswag:

You're completely right - celebrating even your tribe isn't tribalism. But how about celebrating just to make a condescending point that subtly mock others, it's quite common to see threads like this on NL.

Also, I am Yoruba and threads like this will otherwise be educative if not for wide-mouthed tribal lords on this platform.

A Yoruba person in a Yoruba region celebrating Yoruba businesses is not tribalism.

There is no tribalism in Nigeria..

Each tribe in Nigeria has its tribal location and region and some tribes have bigger regions than others.

so any person or people who enters a region the person is not indigenous too and starts breaking the indigenes laws and creating and causing violence will be sentenced to death and killed and there is nothing anyone from the person's tribe can do because they will be creating problems for people who are not
indigenes and are not breaking any laws or causing violence.

Some people don't even have to enter a region they can use radio or tell their people to attack and kill the indigenes of a region. e.g Nnam:di K:anu, Be:llo Bo:dejo e.t.c. should have since been sentenced to death.

You are not Yoruba. A Yoruba person will be intelligent enough to know that owning a business means you control who gets employed which means since its a Yoruba owned business most of the employees will be Yorubas and this reduces the rate of un-employment amongst Yoruba people.

It is not the job of Yorubas to provide jobs for non-Yorubas.. that is the job of non-Yoruba business owners and non-Yoruba state governments and states...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Golan007: 2:32pm On Apr 08
AJSfan:
Good to know. Never knew Chicken republic was an homegrown idea, tot it was a franchise like KFC and Mr Biggs

Mr. Biggs is homegrown.

Granted a multinational set it up in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by sukar886: 2:34pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
Tantalizers, Chicken Republic, Mega chicken , Yakoyo, Bukateria, Sweet Sensation, Tastee Fried Chicken, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic etcetera are all founded and own by Yorubas.
The food chain in Nigeria is actually controlled by the Yorubas.
For those that eat fastfood
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by kettykin: 2:35pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
Tantalizers, Chicken Republic, Mega chicken , Yakoyo, Bukateria, Sweet Sensation, Tastee Fried Chicken, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic etcetera are all founded and own by Yorubas.

Mr Biggs is owned by UAC, the others are running on 70% franchise and 30% full ownership. According to statistics from Mc Donalds , their real money comes from the real estate side of their business because the food part of the business is a very low margin business.

The place is also owned by Yoruba, with very strategic locations , but research that I have carried out shows a well run eatery owned by an igbo man in Arena market oshodi makes more sales, revenue and profits than the place restaurant in Alfred Rewane Road near ikoyi registry.

But while the place restaurant is a fully registered business conglomerate with branding, financial records and access to huge loans to expand all over Nigeria, the business in Arena runs on 100% native intelligence without brand, registered business name, financial records and access to huge capital for expansion.

Aside that ,depleted disposable income of Nigerians cinsidering the high cost of diesel and the increase in electricity tariffs, the eateries will be approaching another end of life cycle that would need loans to renew.

5 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Cantonese: 2:35pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

And yet, the same people shout ebi n pawa o. The same people loot food trucks. No be juju be that?

By the way, can you tell us the owner of Mr. Biggs? Or at least tell us the history behind the brand, Mr. Tribalist.

3 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by ComeToJesus: 2:46pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

You forgot to add Dominos and KFC..

Food controller

You people see everything from the tainted lenses of tribalism. How has this tribal thing helped you guys?

3 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by kettykin: 2:48pm On Apr 08
ComeToJesus:

You forgot to add Dominos and KFC..

Food controller

You people see everything from the tainted lenses of tribalism. How has this tribal thing helped you guys?

Non of those eateries is any where near Domino's and cold stone, those guys are on a different scale. Both in sales, pricing and business model.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Lagosianswag: 2:51pm On Apr 08
I've always loved Chicken Republic right from the onset, I still patronise them till date.
But I can never forget Sweet Sensation at Alagomeji, back then in my UniLag Days.
My Afternoon meals was almost always eaten there.
I miss Sweet Sensation when it was still sensational.
Today Chicken Republic still takes the cake for me.

I love fast food. I've been eating it all my life since Mr Biggs and Tantalizers and The Roadside Mai Shayi. tongue
Underfeeding and Overfeeding may kill one first before fast food does.

#TeamFastFood wink

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by aremubabs: 2:55pm On Apr 08
DrAkpamudehe:

Shut up your Amala and ewedu mouth. Mega chicken is own by Chinese investors. Mr Biggs is owned by uac.

Mega Chicken is owned by Chief Ayenuyo.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by LockDown69(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
So what?
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by aremubabs: 3:03pm On Apr 08
cyberstarr:

All these ones you mentioned are fast food chains. Just fast food. Food hurriedly prepared that may even pose health risks. When it comes to real cooking and native cuisine, we know the tribe that leads. It's certainly not the Yorubas and their gbegiri and ewedu soup.

Tribalism has finished you people. There is no tribe that can lay claim to be being the best at real cooking (whatever that is).

It is not until you overcook your meals that you can say you have cooked a real meal. Overcooking meals removes vital nutrients. Undercooking can be a problem, but at least, the nutrients are well conserved.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by bigpicture001: 3:03pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

Of all those listed, only chicken republic and bread.biggs have presence in the east
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by sprints1: 3:10pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
if I tell you all top eateries are owned by one person will u believe me
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Ceeman2o: 3:19pm On Apr 08
[quote author=Truths9ja post=129328495]Tantalizers, Chicken Republic, Mega chicken , Yakoyo, Bukateria, Sweet Sensation, Tastee Fried Chicken, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic etcetera are all founded and own by Yorubas.
The food chain in Nigeria is actually controlled by the Yorubas.[/quote/]

You mean Lagos restaurants. Aside chicken republic and Mr biggs which other of this mentioned restaurants has franchise or branches outside Lagos. Mumu people

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Ceeman2o: 3:20pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

You mean Lagos restaurants. Aside chicken republic and Mr biggs which other of this mentioned restaurants has franchise or branches outside Lagos. Mumu people

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by thecommunist(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
you are a "yoghourt", no. sorry, I mean you buy yoghourt. no, that does not sound right...I think it should be you are a "buyyoghourt"..Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Abagworo(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:
Chicken Republic was founded by Deji Akinyanju.
The first Chicken Republic restaurant was opened in Lagos in 2004.
Now it boasts of more than 170 locations across Nig & Ghana.
#yorubapeople
Credit @akobi_ayo
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0L2MmKBpztLh32c4d525KJTuDE2qcxWh5kHpNnAYXnNzFnnQnicVDEz26FzGPkbVDl&id=100078453782249

At first I saw Deji Adeyanju and was shocked but on a second look I saw Deji Akinyanju. He is guilty of killing Mr Biggz with his better strategy
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by PoliticalChinex(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

Who control the phone chain that u use to type this tribalistic nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Love800(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08
Are u saying there will be no more restaurants existing again because of incomes of nigerians?
kettykin:

Mr Biggs is owned by UAC, the others are running on 70% franchise and 30% full ownership. According to statistics from Mc Donalds , their real money comes from the real estate side of their business because the food part of the business is a very low margin business.

The place is also owned by Yoruba, with very strategic locations , but research that I have carried out shows a well run eatery owned by an igbo man in Arena market oshodi makes more sales, revenue and profits than the place restaurant in Alfred Rewane Road near ikoyi registry.

But while the place restaurant is a fully registered business conglomerate with branding, financial records and access to huge loans to expand all over Nigeria, the business in Arena runs on 100% native intelligence without brand, registered business name, financial records and access to huge capital for expansion.

Aside that ,depleted disposable income of Nigerians cinsidering the high cost of diesel and the increase in electricity tariffs, the eateries will be approaching another end of life cycle that would need loans to renew.
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by omooba969(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08
OGHENAOGIE:
but the profit margin isn't much though

The profit you consider as 'not much' may just be okay for the next chap.

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:57pm On Apr 08
God bless u sir
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by grandstar(m): 3:57pm On Apr 08
codemaniacs:

You're not Yoruba..

You're a Yoruba hater because no true Yoruba person will bad mouth a Yoruba business by calling their products bland..

I am Yoruba and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I repeat: the chicken is bland. That is my personal opinion. Their chicken might be the sweetest to you but its bland to me. I am Yoruba and i am also not a liar.

3 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by JetApartment: 4:06pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

Tribal bigotry have turned you into a dumbo, how does owning fast food restaurants make one control the food chain in Nigeria? Your brain didn't tell you 95% of the ingredients they used in preparing their food come from the NORTH...cut supplies from the north and watch all the fast food restaurants close shop.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by DeepSight(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08
Truths9ja:

Alexis11:
Nothing surprising here, another Yoruba guy doing his business without making noise and nobody shouting "billionaire" all over the place.

cool

CCIA:

Mpkurummiri Enterprises are all owned by …. lipsrsealed

Omoawoke:

Yorubas the silent business machines

You people eat, live, breathe and shit tribalism every second of every day. May heaven help you.

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by CCIA: 4:11pm On Apr 08
DeepSight:

You people eat, live, breathe and shit tribalism every second of every day. May heaven help you.

Can I hear a Developed Amen ! kiss
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by kettykin: 4:21pm On Apr 08
Love800:
Are u saying there will be no more restaurants existing again because of incomes of nigerians?

The eateries business particularly in Lagos state is bleeding profusely and needs help from all angles.

Most eateries have lost thier franchise license from their foster companies because they couldn't maintain standards. The high cost of diesel, increase of electricity tariffs and low purchasing power, cutting of costs by corporate businesses who patronize them among the populace will force a lot of branches to either close down or defranchise and become an unbranded restaurant than an eatery.

I once made a post highlighting a gradual deindustrialization going on , only places like the island, lekki can sustain the transaction requirements to sustain the eateries.

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Love800(m): 4:47pm On Apr 08
If it becomes an unbranded restaurant, what becomes of it?
kettykin:

The eateries business particularly in Lagos state is bleeding profusely and needs help from all angles.

Most eateries have lost thier franchise license from their foster companies because they couldn't maintain standards. The high cost of diesel, increase of electricity tariffs and low purchasing power, cutting of costs by corporate businesses who patronize them among the populace will force a lot of branches to either close down or defranchise and become an unbranded restaurant than an eatery.

I once made a post highlighting a gradual deindustrialization going on , only places like the island, lekki can sustain the transaction requirements to sustain the eateries.
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by codemaniacs: 4:49pm On Apr 08
grandstar:

I am Yoruba and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I repeat: the chicken is bland. That is my personal opinion. Their chicken might be the sweetest to you but its bland to me. I sm Yoruba and i am also not a liar.

You have a right to keep deceiving yourself.

You're not Yoruba.

Pr:igozian had a right to his anti-Rus:sian opinion even though he was Ru:ssian but his dead today.

Ha::mas had a right to their anti is:real opinion but today over 30k pal:isti:nians have died due to their anti is:realness.

Your anti-Yoruba mentality will only lead to Yorubas to keep rising and rising while you keep regressing..

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by meobizy(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08
How much is he making?
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by Bukswag(m): 4:57pm On Apr 08
codemaniacs:

A Yoruba person in a Yoruba region celebrating Yoruba businesses is not tribalism.

There is no tribalism in Nigeria..

Each tribe in Nigeria has its tribal location and region and some tribes have bigger regions than others.

so any person or people who enters a region the person is not indigenous too and starts breaking the indigenes laws and creating and causing violence will be sentenced to death and killed and there is nothing anyone from the person's tribe can do because they will be creating problems for people who are not
indigenes and are not breaking any laws or causing violence.

Some people don't even have to enter a region they can use radio or tell their people to attack and kill the indigenes of a region. e.g Nnam:di K:anu, Be:llo Bo:dejo e.t.c. should have since been sentenced to death.

You are not Yoruba. A Yoruba person will be intelligent enough to know that owning a business means you control who gets employed which means since its a Yoruba owned business most of the employees will be Yorubas and this reduces the rate of un-employment amongst Yoruba people.

It is not the job of Yorubas to provide jobs for non-Yorubas.. that is the job of non-Yoruba business owners and non-Yoruba state governments and states...

I do not agree with you

If Dangote were to provide jobs mostly to Hausas, with no other tribe in his employment, would he still become the richest person in Africa? Would he be able to diversify his investments in other regions?

No business man will ever support tribalism at the cost of his wealth. No tribe should do the same too.

1 Like

Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by grandstar(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08
codemaniacs:

You're not Yoruba.

Pr:igozian had a right to his anti-Rus:sian opinion even though he was Ru:ssian but his dead today.

Ha::mas had a right to their anti is:real opinion but today over 30k pal:isti:nians have died due to their anti is:realness.

Your anti-Yoruba mentality will only lead to Yorubas to keep rising and rising while you keep regressing..

I am Yoruba and because I stated my honest opinion, that made me anti-Yoruba. Na was o!

If he got more reviews like mine, it would motivate him improve the taste of the chicken served.

Criticism isn't meant to destroy but help you grow. It is sad you took it the wrong way.

I pray all your children marry Igbo grin grin grin
Re: Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic by grandstar(m): 5:01pm On Apr 08
codemaniacs:

You're not Yoruba.

I am Yoruba and because I stated my honest opinion, that made me anti-Yoruba. Na was o!

If he got more reviews like mine, it would motivate him improve the taste of the chicken served.

Criticism isn't meant to destroy but help you grow. It is sad you took it the wrong way.

I see all your children marrying Igbo grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africa Opens Women's Only Bar - No Men Allowed! (PICS) / New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.