Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli (21336 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / Hardship: APC Workers Mull Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by blancsn1: 8:58am On Apr 09
Your foolishness is born out of bigotry n stupidity. The authorization that led to development of Landmark was that out of hatred or is landmark the only resort destination in that axis ?

Your only expose why bigot n those with pathetic mental faculty should not be entitled to opinion on social media.

Artscollection:
Hate it or love it, those that came up with the idea of demolition of that estate was because of their hatred and high level bigotry but what those idiots didn't realize is that their kind will be more affected by that action hence the hastiness of their findings and seven days ultimatum but it dawn on them they will be on the loosing side. Talking of huge taxes to d number of people employed n some idiots where saying other business will spring up their, on a high way lipsrsealed some people are just wicked !!!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by blancsn1: 9:03am On Apr 09
Why did he not go n build landmark in the minister state then ? You shamelessly never cease to exhibit your bigotry n foolishness at every given instance.

Penguin2:
The only saving grace Onwuanibe has in this whole saga is that the Minster of Works is an Igbo man that can actually influence the contractors to reroute the road.

If a Ronu from the Jagaban Lagos circle was the minister of works, it would have been Otilo.

I’m sure it’s been long their hearts have been bleeding that an Igbo man owns such an investment in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:41am On Apr 09
Beautiful
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Johnjustice: 9:42am On Apr 09
Landmark is a tourist attraction... don't destroy it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Kusu12: 9:45am On Apr 09
Igbos always cry ethnic victimisation just to have their way. Issue that could be settled amicably, they will quickly turn it to ethnic Issue. Igbos and victim mentality, inferiority complex are like siamese twins.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Elvis2kay: 9:45am On Apr 09
grin
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by KIDfurniture(m): 9:45am On Apr 09
Hallelujah power jam power ! One power big pass sha. Igbos are blessed. Some of his people by now will rejoicing while some ofenmanu somewhere will be sad & suicidal for the win - win solution. God bless Nigeria ; God bless airpeace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Yankee101: 9:47am On Apr 09
If we’re being honest, the road should begin where there are no roads or cities at all and later connect them to the cities

This is the cheapest and most effective way.

If the contract surpasses the budget, which it would, existing roads in the city will be sufficient to use to connect the highway
Demolition means extra compensation and displacement of tenants with no recourse

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Faposky95: 9:49am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
I don't understand this unnecessary hullabaloo about Landmark and his bar beach that he claims he used 200m$ to develop.
I guess this man must have calculated the ocean as part of his investment in arriving at the 200m$.
Landmark should go back and read his C of O if he has any, everyone is a tenant on any land in Nigeria,there's no total ownership of Land anywhere in this country.
That's why Government can demolish any property anywhere and pay a compensation to the supposed owner,I can count how many properties that were demolished in other to build the overhead bridge in Cele Express,Abule Egba,Ajah and many other places in Lagos.
I'm still puzzled as to what we can consider a pubic good other than a road going from Lagos to Calabar in less than 7 hours.
I believe the Government mustn't give into to this emotional blackmail by Landmark and instead move their caterpillars to demolish any part of the business that need to be scrapped for the remaining 17 million Lagosians and 200 million Nigerians who will use the Road.
I dread the day a citizen will wake up and oppose Government if it wants to build an overhead bridge in a city like ikotun egbe.
Emotions must be discarded if we will ever develop in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

this is why i call professionals to come on and tug such issues out.
the geographers, property lawyers, surveyors, urban builders and developers.
right under our noses, some so called leaders are collecting what is ours and are later claiming to have contributed to societal development, my foot.
Every resource is for the state , meaning the people, not the political party or a privileged few with the info.
Due to low info and education, our oil down South is no longer ours.
Our level of neo colonialism is likened to Pharoah's.
It's like being satisfied with bread and butter for breakfast all the days of one's life..
Na lie.
No light
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by SmartyPants(m): 9:50am On Apr 09
Artscollection:
Hate it or love it, those that came up with the idea of demolition of that estate was because of their hatred and high level bigotry but what those idiots didn't realize is that their kind will be more affected by that action hence the hastiness of their findings and seven days ultimatum but it dawn on them they will be on the loosing side. Talking of huge taxes to d number of people employed n some idiots where saying other business will spring up their, on a high way lipsrsealed some people are just wicked !!!

I believe they just did this to extort the man not because of hate. It is still unacceptable anyway.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by blackgold2018(m): 9:50am On Apr 09
Artscollection:
not actually idiots alone.

Those are very wicked individuals with an evil mind.

I wonder how people will blame the devil for their misfortunes but will never realise they are the reason for their failures
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Kusu12: 9:51am On Apr 09

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Elvis2kay: 9:51am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
I don't understand this unnecessary hullabaloo about Landmark and his bar beach that he claims he used 200m$ to develop.
I guess this man must have calculated the ocean as part of his investment in arriving at the 200m$.
Landmark should go back and read his C of O if he has any, everyone is a tenant on any land in Nigeria,there's no total ownership of Land anywhere in this country.
That's why Government can demolish any property anywhere and pay a compensation to the supposed owner,I can count how many properties that were demolished in other to build the overhead bridge in Cele Express,Abule Egba,Ajah and many other places in Lagos.
I'm still puzzled as to what we can consider a pubic good other than a road going from Lagos to Calabar in less than 7 hours.
I believe the Government mustn't give into to this emotional blackmail by Landmark and instead move their caterpillars to demolish any part of the business that need to be scrapped for the remaining 17 million Lagosians and 200 million Nigerians who will use the Road.
I dread the day a citizen will wake up and oppose Government if it wants to build an overhead bridge in a city like ikotun egbe.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bestmanfornow: 9:52am On Apr 09
Kusu12:
Igbos always cry ethnic victimisation just to have their way. Issue that could be settled amicably, they will quickly turn it to ethnic Issue. Igbos and victim mentality, inferiority complex are like siamese twins.
Same Hi Tec that finding it hard to construct Lekki Ibeju express way for more than 17 years now, same with Eko Atlantic city, FG couldn't construct East/west road that connect to almost all the states they are proposing coastal highway for years na coastal highway they will construct🤣🤣I know many ignorant minds when they hear East/west road they think the road also connect to southeast it's the same Southsouth road it connect to west, so if I may ask what's the difference from Coastal highway and East/west road That Coastal highway is to swindle Nigeria money to boast Eko Atlantic city that people are reluctant to invest on, they are targeting Landmark because his Apartment building, event center and hotel is affecting them, that is were Tinubu have huge interest, that Coastal highway project will only start and end in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Menclothing1: 9:54am On Apr 09
ngwaIgbo223:

Lagos is no man's Land... when it's done in Ondo or ekiti I won't mind.
That’s a pure deceit and you know
Like saying Abuja is know man land lolz

Which language is spoken in Lagos house of Assembly

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 9:54am On Apr 09
Kusu12:

If Yorubas show you 1% of the hate you projected, you wouldn't survive one day in their region, as we speak many of your brothers and sisters are escaping to South West through midnight buses. According to your obirodent mind they hate you and you keep escaping to their region.
Nobody hates you, you just love the victim mentality and inferiority complex.
It's very obvious many of you are just confused, deluded and frustrated.

THIS IS HOW BAD YORUBA ACTUALLY IS, SOMEBODY FROM AMERICA THAT WAS NOT BORN IN NIGERIA AND ONLY VISITED ONCE FOR WEEKEND, A BLACK AMERICAN CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY YORUBA HATE IGBO.

THAT WAS WEN I ACTUALLY OPENED MY EYE, BEFORE I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE OR BANTER.

SO IF THEY LEAVE YOU PEOPLE, U WILL GO AND DESTROY A WHOLE LANDMARK, SOMEWHERE OF PRIDE THAT EVERY TOURIST TO LAGOS VISIT AND RESPECT LAGOS FOR HAVING SUCH FACILITIES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jCORnTTtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylZqYA1B7Q

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Faposky95: 9:57am On Apr 09
StOla:

You are still living in the old and decayed past of Eastern Region where NigerDelta oil money was being used to develop Enugu, and when the NigerDelta struggle for secession was lead by Isaac Adaka Boro, his group was violently quenched by Aguiyi-Ironsi and Ojukwu, while Adaka Boro himself was locked up for Treason.

Even the SouthWest does not hold on to the Midwest of Edo and Delta, the way you SouthEasterners have refused to stand alone without the former parts that are now part of SouthSouth with Edo and Delta states.

Is it a case of Inferiority complex or a need to return to the past when you fed fat off the minority NigerDelta?

Abeg, help me ask them.
in my words, this new realization which was born out of the unknown by the stupid sacrifice of millions of people in a war, is being used by the same few minded bigot capitalists who continually use tribe, creed and graft to lure the same millions into callous representations, which if war came, would have many million body bags to rewrite a history nobody really studied talk less to learn from.
Sad.

Who Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Ijaw, Bini....and the many more really epp.....?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ugo2much27: 9:58am On Apr 09
I hate weak leaders. When do we start teaching these fulls a lesson
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Chikel20000(m): 9:58am On Apr 09
tollyboy5:

It's south south that owns the oil
there's also oil in d south east u bigot
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Okoroawusa: 10:00am On Apr 09
christejames:
Everyone knows it's all a 'wild goose cry' undecided

Landmark Centre was not in the original plan of the project, the original route is the Water Corporation Road behind Landmark but some mischief makers either from the govt (to get some money from landmark) or from some overzealous staff of Landmark (or even Landmark themselves) just to gain more publicity shocked

Think, think 🤔 guys!!
Una don start now? No carry your Obidient mentality spoil business for Onwuanuibe who is in consultation with federal and state governments to see that not only Landmark but other businesses on that axis find a way to operate side by side with the coastal road. Biko, ejim chineke yo g.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Eriokanmi: 10:03am On Apr 09
This is definitely going to be a 25 to 30-year project and a lot will be embezzled in the course of it. If the lagos-ibadan highway which is less than 200km could take 9 years to do( and still not yet completed) despite being an existing highway, where demolition hasn't carried out, then this one won't be finished anytime soon.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bestmanfornow: 10:06am On Apr 09
hammer567:

THIS IS HOW BAD YORUBA ACTUALLY IS, SOMEBODY FROM AMERICA THAT WAS NOT BORN IN NIGERIA AND ONLY VISITED ONCE FOR WEEKEND, A BLACK AMERICAN CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY YORUBA HATE IGBO.

THAT WAS WEN I ACTUALLY OPENED MY EYE, BEFORE I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE OR BANTER.

SO IF THEY LEAVE YOU PEOPLE, U WILL GO AND DESTROY A WHOLE LANDMARK, SOMEWHERE OF PRIDE THAT EVERY TOURIST TO LAGOS VISIT AND RESPECT LAGOS FOR HAVING SUCH FACILITIES?
It's pure wickedness, that very place use to be where those babalawo pollute and white garment churches messing up until the man acquired and single handley transformed the place now it's the centre of Lagos tourism, they are just trying to use that as an excuse to destroy the place because Tinubu and his Lebanese business partners believe Eko Atlantic project is best for such, they're doing this out of envy that coastal highway will only start and end in Lagos, mind you that same Lebanese people that's Tinubu business partners they gave the contract to construct Coastal highway

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by seunjungle1(m): 10:14am On Apr 09
If to go by the nonsense you wrote here, why can't he stay in east and not west to grow his business idea? I remembered you guys said you have ocean in the eastern part too.

kettykin:
Landmark just scores another Landmark awareness without spending a dime in advertisements or marketing communications. Every corporate office now know a place for their end of year retreat or team building events without flying the whole team to Dubai. Sometimes being on the news for either good or bad reasons is a big PR stunt.
Watch how the revenue will triple in the coming months.

If Landmark fully recovers, my 10 cents advice is to diversify to other states and spread your risks

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Eagba(m): 10:15am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.
with landmark, can't the project proceed?
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 10:15am On Apr 09
Bestmanfornow:

It's pure wickedness, that very place use to be where those babalawo pollute and white garment churches messing up until the man acquired and single handley transformed the place now it's the centre of Lagos tourism, they are just trying to use that as an excuse to destroy the place because Tinubu and his Lebanese business partners believe Eko Atlantic project is best for such, they're doing this out of envy that coastal highway will only start and end in Lagos, mind you that same Lebanese people that's Tinubu business partners they gave the contract to construct Coastal highway

THEY ARE USING FEDERAL FUNDS TO BUILD LAGOS TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE.

Y DID THEY NOT START THE HIGHWAY IN CALABAR?

LIKE I SAID, THEIR HATRED FOR IGBO IS REAL AND THE FUNNY THING IS IGBOS DONT EVEN REALISE.

THEY CANNOT SEE WHAT SOMEBODY THAT VISIST NIGERIA FOR A WEEKEND WAS ABLE TO SEE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bankkym: 10:16am On Apr 09
Artscollection:

please what bigotry are you talking about ?
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bestmanfornow: 10:16am On Apr 09
Since there aim is to connect Lagos to Southsouth what's the difference between East/west road to Lagos/Calabar coastal highway Mind you East/west road connect to all the states mentioned excluding southeast that for years federal government couldn't complete and they want to construct Coastal highway that's very difficult to Hi Tec company that has been Constructing Lekki Ibeju express road for more than 18yrs, their main target is to boast Eko Atlantic city project, they see Landmark as a threat

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by NonsenseRubbish: 10:17am On Apr 09
Bestmanfornow:

Same Hi Tec that finding it hard to construct Lekki Ibeju express way for more than 17 years now, same with Eko Atlantic city, FG couldn't construct East/west road that connect to almost all the states they are proposing coastal highway for years na coastal highway they will construct🤣🤣I know many ignorant minds when they hear East/west road they think the road also connect to southeast it's the same Southsouth road it connect to west, so if I may ask what's the difference from Coastal highway and East/west road That Coastal highway is to swindle Nigeria money to boast Eko Atlantic city that people are reluctant to invest on, they are targeting Landmark because his Apartment building, event center and hotel is affecting them, that is were Tinubu have huge interest, that Coastal highway project will only start and end in Lagos.
Just what I was thinking. Who coastal highway help? Powers that be just trying to get their hands on Landmark’s business.
Come to think of it but why Eko Atlantic City no dey sell

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Chikel20000(m): 10:19am On Apr 09
Paraman:
All this una victim mentality and online empty chest beating is laughable.

The Government wants a win-win situation.
leave us with our victim mentality....we love it that way
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 10:19am On Apr 09
Bestmanfornow:
Since there aim is to connect Lagos to Southsouth what's the difference between East/west road to Lagos/Calabar coastal highway Mind you East/west road connect to all the states mentioned excluding southeast that for years federal government couldn't complete and they want to construct Coastal highway that's very difficult to Hi Tec company that has been Constructing Lekki Ibeju express road for more than 18yrs, their main target is to boast Eko Atlantic city project, they see Landmark as a threat

LANDMARK IS NOT A THREAT ANYTHING.

LAGOS NEEDS TO HAVE MORE DEVELOPMENT LIKE LANDMARK FOR ITS SIZE AS A MEGA CITY.

IT IS JUST HATE, BIGOTRY, VINDICTIVENESS AND VENDETTA.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by jonahhh: 10:20am On Apr 09
Artscollection:

Just stfu, such empty and dumb analysis…
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by JohnVianney: 10:21am On Apr 09
tollyboy5:

It's south south that owns the oil
Does it always have to be outsiders that have to enlighten you on the resources you have in your country?
Nigeria has by far more gas than Oil, in fact Nigeria is more of a Gas producing nation than an oil producing one. A very great percentage of Nigeria's vast gas resources (mostly untapped) are domiciled in its core south-east region. In this season of Energy Transition, Gas is more useful to Nigeria and the world at large than Oil
1. Nigeria's Power Sector is almost 80% powered by gas
2. Nigeria's Manufacturing sector needs gas more than anything else.
3. The petrochemical sector also needs gas
4. The Food processing and packaging industry needs gas
5. About 30 Million out of 200 million Nigerians utilise LPG for domestic use.
6. Your Agricultural sector needs Gas for the production of fertilisers
7. Europe and the world needs Gas, you get huge forex benefits from exporting gas as well.
Gas is the new Gold!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Traces $20bn Missing Oil Cash To Jonathan’s Campaign / Unpaid Kogi Workers Protest Against Yahaya Bello (Photos) / ABU Students Freedom: Bashir Ahmad Deletes Tweet, Apologises To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.