Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli (21205 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / Hardship: APC Workers Mull Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by CluelessMODS: 1:03pm On Apr 09
kettykin:

The owner of landmark already said on several occasions that his business is worth over $2m and he pays tax of over N2b yearly with tickets revenue of N2500 per individual with more than 20,000 visitors weekly. Do you still have issues finding and digesting that piece of information.
That is what he said, until government confirms that.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Slytiger: 1:20pm On Apr 09
The victim mentality people have cried on all over the thread already lol.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Kingzmate(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09
TOPIC IN OIL TOPIC grin

UNA DEY TRY SHA cool

STATICRAZY cheesy
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Igbek76: 2:10pm On Apr 09
There are engineering solutions.
They can decide to go over it or under it, if it's not possible to avoid it.
It will lead to more aesthetic and tourist attractions for the property and location.
Make we they use sense do things.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by frog12: 2:38pm On Apr 09
this one tough.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kingmaster2009: 3:17pm On Apr 09
ngwaIgbo223:

Lagos is no man's Land... when it's done in Ondo or ekiti I won't mind.

A Slowpoke as you want me to dignify his senseless comment with my response.... God forbid...
I know your major goal and purpose in life is to buy 500 Naira data on your phone and be using craps comments...I have. not quarrel with you as long as you are fulfilling your minuscule and irrational and irascibility single goal in life

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Tektronics12: 3:25pm On Apr 09
You are Deluded!
ngwaIgbo223:
You want to use our eastern region oil money build road and still want to destroy our business.

It won't work.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by oyatz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09
Xiaohei:

Yes! The federal and state governments own all land that fall under their respective jurisdictions. However, in most cases except when there’s abuse of power in play, the government would not arbitrarily pull down properties; but would rather liaise with all stakeholders to find amicable solutions to compensate those affected. And that’s what it appears the LASG is doing in this case. Landmark has invested billions of Naira of investors capital in its business - a business that employs hundred or perhaps thousands of workers, and also remits billions of naira in taxes to the LASG. Does it make any logical sense if such a business is demolished as stipulated in the demolition order?

You don't still get the point.

All lands in each State belong to the STATE held in thrust for them by their State Government headed by their Governor and everybody is a tenant on the land and if there are overriding public interests, the Gov't can acquire the land (irrespective of whatever is built on it) ,compensate the occupier and use it for PUBLIC GOOD.

Most of the structures in Lagos and Abuja were constructed after acquiring the land from the previous owners , including those who have built many houses or whose ancestral Towns/villages were on that lands.

I cite several examples like Mosan, a whole town was demolished to make way for construction of a massive Estate, Jakande Estate ,Ipaja.

Although, i don't support unnecessary demolitions but if need be, properties can be demolished
and the Landmark Beach isn't superior to all the previous properties demolished to make ways for construction of Estates, Highways, National Theatre, Halls, Stadia etc.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Greenback: 6:16pm On Apr 09
kingmaster2009 mouth foaming
😁
:

A Slowpoke as you want me to dignify his senseless comment with my response.... God forbid...
I know your major goal and purpose in life is to buy 500 Naira data on your phone and be using craps comments...I have. not quarrel with you as long as you are fulfilling your minuscule and irrational and irascibility single goal in life
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Kusu12: 6:44pm On Apr 09
Penguin2:
The only saving grace Onwuanibe has in this whole saga is that the Minster of Works is an Igbo man that can actually influence the contractors to reroute the road.

If a Ronu from the Jagaban Lagos circle was the minister of works, it would have been Otilo.

I’m sure it’s been long their hearts have been bleeding that an Igbo man owns such an investment in Lagos.

Yorubas show you 1% of the hate you projected, you wouldn't survive one day in their region, as we speak many of your brothers and sisters are escaping to South West through midnight buses. According to your obirodent mind they hate you and you keep escaping to their region.
Nobody hates you, you just love the victim mentality and inferiority complex.
It's very obvious many of you are just confused, deluded and frustrated.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09
kettykin:

Landmark pays about N2B in tax yearly, many other igbo companies pay much more than that in tax.

Say what you know please , Another igbo man Nicholas ukachukwu has more than 213 hectares of land in Abuja running into several billions of naira.

Another igbo man Is investing in new automated manufacturing of big trucks in Nnewi . All these are far richer than landmark in brand , revenue and scale of business. Lagos is what it is ,just another business frontier for igbos and nothing else.

If igbos start investing in oyo, osun, ondo, ekiti ,kwara , that's when I will get worried but as long as it is Lagos, Abuja , eastern states parts of ogun etc , I will sleep with my 2 eyes closed

Which long jargon are you typing.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 8:51pm On Apr 09
SamuelAnyawu:

Which long jargon are you typing.
Gerrara here impersonator
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 12:41pm On Apr 12
kingmaster2009:

Are you in Nigeria or overseas, I want to check something.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 12:43pm On Apr 12
miketayo:

You mean palm oil? South South owns the other oil

Who is south South people you illiterate. Or don't you know that majority of oil is in Igbo speaking in your imaginary south South.

And south East have the largest gaz you mofo.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 12:44pm On Apr 12
thebar:

Ijaw and ikwere people h*te Igbo people because of what ojukwu and ironsi did to adaka boro

Now you're the one playing victim card after your ojukwu and ironsi stop the real Niger Delta people from creating their own country..

Una no know history but we won't forget it

Ikwere is Igbo illiterate.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by miketayo(m): 1:04am On Apr 13
ngwaIgbo223:

Who is south South people you illiterate. Or don't you know that majority of oil is in Igbo speaking in your imaginary south South.

And south East have the largest gaz you mofo.

🤣🤣🤣 why are you so angry? Or is it hunger?
The people from South South will not agree with this your statement.
We all know the states that constitute South East and South South. But it is OK to dream
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 8:41am On Apr 13
miketayo:

🤣🤣🤣 why are you so angry? Or is it hunger?
The people from South South will not agree with this your statement.
We all know the states that constitute South East and South South. But it is OK to dream

Shut up attachee, did your dirty people share anything in common with your imaginary South South or south South people a tribe... illiterate.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by miketayo(m): 11:35am On Apr 13
ngwaIgbo223:

Shut up attachee, did your dirty people share anything in common with your imaginary South South or south South people a tribe... illiterate.

Lol. Seems like you just learnt the word illiterate. You are using it wrongly BTW.
We know who we are, there is no need to try stealing any other region.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 1:31pm On Apr 13
miketayo:

Lol. Seems like you just learnt the word illiterate. You are using it wrongly BTW.
We know who we are, there is no need to try stealing any other region.

Keep deceiving yourself...when both of us meet in that your imaginary south South we will know who has more say there... stranger.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by miketayo(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13
ngwaIgbo223:

Keep deceiving yourself...when both of us meet in that your imaginary south South we will know who has more say there... stranger.

What am I looking for in South South?
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ngwaIgbo223: 2:02pm On Apr 13
miketayo:

What am I looking for in South South?

See them.

Abeg find a boy in your street and ask him to buy you a cool beer and send me the bill.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Forkthiefnubu: 2:05pm On Apr 13
Slytiger:

100%. Even Lagos produces more oil than Abia and Imo oil is a drop in the bucket. Even Lagos and Kogi each produces more oil.
Oil in Nigerian regions.👇
Where is this oil produced by lagos state ? Phantom oil ?
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by miketayo(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13
ngwaIgbo223:

See them.

Abeg find a boy in your street and ask him to buy you a cool beer and send me the bill.

Lol . Boy, I don't leave in that type of street

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jibrin Lashes At Buhari, Says President Taken Hostage / INEC Issues Certificate Of Return To Senators-elect / 63 Obigbo Residents Regain Freedom After 4 Months In Dungeons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.