Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli (21196 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / Hardship: APC Workers Mull Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by ejieddy: 10:22am On Apr 09
I have already booked my family to visit landmark this year end. Nothing must spoil this plan. A win-win solution is highly needed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 10:27am On Apr 09
seunjungle1:
If to go by the nonsense you wrote here, why can't he stay in east and not west to grow his business idea? I remembered you guys said you have ocean in the eastern part too.

To answer your very unintelligent questions, his position in a coastal part of Lagos has nothing to do with yoruba land or his positioning has 99% to do with business exigencies than tribal consideration.

Let me help you a bit, if Nigeria were to break up and Lagos returns back to the original owners of Edo , Idu etc the business would still be in Lagos.
If Nigeria constitution was to change over night and Nigeria returns to true federal structure and regional structure, then the business would not need to be in Lagos.

If Nigeria changes to a confederacy as practiced in Niger, Mali and Burkina faso then and only then would the business be illegal in Lagos.
As long as you practice your demented, lopsided, useless federal structure where part's of cbn and FAAN offices are relocating to Lagos then you have basically no moral rights to complain about an igbo investment in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bestmanfornow: 10:28am On Apr 09
NonsenseRubbish:

Just what I was thinking. Who coastal highway help? Powers that be just trying to get their hands on Landmark’s business.
Come to think of it but why Eko Atlantic City no dey sell
Investors are scared because of their hustle attitude, I know Young shall grow acquired land there and proposed Rickview 5-Star hotel in Eko Atlantic City Eko Atlantic City now most of them are not interested
https://www.nairaland.com/5985342/young-shall-grow-transport-build
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by blacknp(m): 10:29am On Apr 09
Penguin2:
The only saving grace Onwuanibe has in this whole saga is that the Minster of Works is an Igbo man that can actually influence the contractors to reroute the road.

If a Ronu from the Jagaban Lagos circle was the minister of works, it would have been Otilo.

I’m sure it’s been long their hearts have been bleeding that an Igbo man owns such an investment in Lagos.

As usual you must exhibit your ignorance based on poverty, maybe it was an Igbo man in Alaigbo that granted the governor’s consent to Landmark?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 10:30am On Apr 09
kettykin:

To answer your very unintelligent questions, his position in a coastal part of Lagos has nothing to do with yoruba land or his positioning has 99% to do with business exigencies than tribal consideration.

Let me help you a bit, if Nigeria were to break up and Lagos returns back to the original owners of Edo , Idu etc the business would still be in Lagos.
If Nigeria constitution was to change over night and Nigeria returns to true federal structure and regional structure, then the business would not need to be in Lagos.

If Nigeria changes to a confederacy as practiced in Niger, Mali and Burkina faso then and only then would the business be illegal in Lagos.
As long as you practice your demented, lopsided, useless federal structure where part's of cbn and FAAN offices are relocating to Lagos then you have basically no moral rights to complain about an igbo investment in Lagos

TELL THAT BASTARD, THAT AS LONG AS NIGERDELTA OIL BELONG TO LAGOS AND YORUBA LAND.

IGBO OIL AND GAS BELONG TO LAGOS AND YORUBA LAND.

AS LONG AS HE HAS NOT COMPLAINED ABOUT IT.

HE HAS NOT COMPLAINED OF ALL YORUBA BILLIONAIRES GETTING RICH OUT OF RESOURCES IN SS AND SE ZONES.

AS LONG AS HE SOLD LAND AND COLLECETD MONEY FROM THAT IGBO MAN.

AS LONG AS THE IGBO MAN INVESTED HIS LIFE SAVING TO BUILD BUSINESS THAT EMPLOY HIS YORUBA ASS IN LAGOS.

HE CAN GO TO HELL IF HE IS FEELING BIGOTTED AND HATE.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Energist: 10:31am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
I don't understand this unnecessary hullabaloo about Landmark and his bar beach that he claims he used 200m$ to develop.
I guess this man must have calculated the ocean as part of his investment in arriving at the 200m$.
Landmark should go back and read his C of O if he has any, everyone is a tenant on any land in Nigeria,there's no total ownership of Land anywhere in this country.
That's why Government can demolish any property anywhere and pay a compensation to the supposed owner,I can count how many properties that were demolished in other to build the overhead bridge in Cele Express,Abule Egba,Ajah and many other places in Lagos.
I'm still puzzled as to what we can consider a pubic good other than a road going from Lagos to Calabar in less than 7 hours.
I believe the Government mustn't give into to this emotional blackmail by Landmark and instead move their caterpillars to demolish any part of the business that need to be scrapped for the remaining 17 million Lagosians and 200 million Nigerians who will use the Road.
I dread the day a citizen will wake up and oppose Government if it wants to build an overhead bridge in a city like ikotun egbe.
Emotions must be discarded if we will ever develop in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

Lagos to Calabar in 7 hours? Oga where did you see this one? cheesy
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Obiedun(m): 10:34am On Apr 09
ngwaIgbo223:
You want to use our eastern region oil money build road and still want to destroy our business.

It won't work.
Trash!
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Artscollection: 10:35am On Apr 09
blancsn1:
Your foolishness is born out of bigotry n stupidity. The authorization that led to development of Landmark was that out of hatred or is landmark the only resort destination in that axis ?

Your only expose why bigot n those with pathetic mental faculty should not be entitled to opinion on social media.

Loud idiots like you will always be ignorant of their myopic mindset because of the wickedness and hatred that is embedded in your blood. With no due consultation, you woke up to destroy a business of that magnitude in just few days shocked only wickedness can push an idiot to such decision.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by thebar: 10:37am On Apr 09
ngwaIgbo223:

Continue to attach your useless self, everyone hates you in Eastern region... voting pattern shows.

You will die dreaming to be us and you won't.

Ijaw and ikwere people h*te Igbo people because of what ojukwu and ironsi did to adaka boro

Now you're the one playing victim card after your ojukwu and ironsi stop the real Niger Delta people from creating their own country..

Una no know history but we won't forget it

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 10:37am On Apr 09
FROM OTEDOLA TO FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA, I CANNOT THINK OF ONE YORUBA BILLIONNAIRE THAT IS RICH OFF HARDWORK AND NOT OIL/POLITICS.

ONE THING YORUBA SHOULD KNOW IS THAT WHO GOD HAS BLESS NO MAN CAN CURSE.

IT IS NO COINCIDENCE IGBO LAND IS THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH YOU FIND, GOLD, OIL, GAS, COAL, URANIUM, LIMESTONE IN COMMERCIAL QUANTITY.

STILL THE IGBO MAN IS NOT LAZY, HE LEFT ALL THAT FOR NIGERIA AND WORK VERY HARD TO STILL EARN HIS MONEY.

STILL U WANT TO DESTROY A BUSINESS THAT WAS NOT BUILT WITH LAZY OIL AND GAS HANDOUT.

THE THUNDER THAT WILL STRIKE U PEOPLE, WILL BE TO THE THIRD AND FOUTH GENERATION UNBORN.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Artscollection: 10:38am On Apr 09
jonahhh:

Just stfu, such empty and dumb analysis…

Wicked idiot, go n sell your agbo
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by andy244: 10:39am On Apr 09
Why mention Landmark at all? do you want to twist this? Has the government told you they did not issue demolishion order to Landmark? I too know

christejames:
Everyone knows it's all a 'wild goose cry' undecided

Landmark Centre was not in the original plan of the project, the original route is the Water Corporation Road behind Landmark but some mischief makers either from the govt (to get some money from landmark) or from some overzealous staff of Landmark (or even Landmark themselves) just to gain more publicity shocked

Think, think 🤔 guys!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Konquest: 10:40am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
I don't understand this unnecessary hullabaloo about Landmark and his bar beach that he claims he used 200m$ to develop.

I guess this man must have calculated the ocean as part of his investment in arriving at the 200m$.

Landmark should go back and read his C of O if he has any, everyone is a tenant on any land in Nigeria,there's no total ownership of Land anywhere in this country.

That's why Government can demolish any property anywhere and pay a compensation to the supposed owner,I can count how many properties that were demolished in other to build the overhead bridge in Cele Express,Abule Egba,Ajah and many other places in Lagos.

I'm still puzzled as to what we can consider a pubic good other than a road going from Lagos to Calabar in less than 7 hours.

I believe the Government mustn't give into to this emotional blackmail by Landmark and instead move their caterpillars to demolish any part of the business that need to be scrapped for the remaining 17 million Lagosians and 200 million Nigerians who will use the Road.

I dread the day a citizen will wake up and oppose Government if it wants to build an overhead bridge in a city like ikotun egbe.

God bless Nigeria.
Succinctly put.

You spoke my mind here.

The governments at Federal and State levels can indeed recover all lands that have already been built upon with even genuine C-of-Os for the public good (i.e., to construct and/or expand road networks, for the gentrification of an area, and more).

The governments ONLY has to pay appropriate compensations to those who have genuine C-of-Os. The uneducated rants by some bigoted posters right from page 1 of this thread claiming the planned demolition is because the dude is Ibo are CLEARLY irresponsible.

As can be seen in online videos, many houses with genuine C-of-Os and even shacks have already been demolished in the area to make way for the Lagos to Calabar Coastal highway construction. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:40am On Apr 09
kettykin:
Landmark just scores another Landmark awareness without spending a dime in advertisements or marketing communications. Every corporate office now know a place for their end of year retreat or team building events without flying the whole team to Dubai. Sometimes being on the news for either good or bad reasons is a big PR stunt.
Watch how the revenue will triple in the coming months.

If Landmark fully recovers, my 10 cents advice is to diversify to other states and spread your risks

No state in Nigeria will give him a tenth of what he makes in Lagos not even Abuja
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Zulu11zulu: 10:43am On Apr 09
TouchNfollow:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/lagos-calabar-coastal-road-landmark-govt-mull-win-win-solution-to-avoid-demolition/
ndigbos should stop investing all thire money in Lagos they should go home if you think you can stop this demolition of that property na dream the day dream.

Did you know what investment of 100 million dollar can do in South east.

We have good destinations where you can develop as tourists destinations in South east why always Lagos what is spacial about Lagos.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by blancsn1: 10:45am On Apr 09
We can both agree you a the idiot if you failed to produce photos of the destruction of the place. I guess idiocy runs in your family m you must have definitely inherited an overdose of it to remain eternally foolish.

I pray your born n unborn kids do not inherit such foolishness as inheritance.

Artscollection:

Loud idiots like you will always be ignorant of their myopic mindset because of the wickedness and hatred that is embedded in your blood. With no due consultation, you woke up to destroy a business of that magnitude in just few days shocked only wickedness can push an idiot to such decision.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by hammer567: 10:47am On Apr 09
Zulu11zulu:
ndigbos should stop investing all thire money in Lagos they should go home if you think you can stop this demolition of that property na dream the day dream.

Did you know what investment of 100 million dollar can do in South east.

We have good destinations where you can develop as tourists destinations in South east why always Lagos what is spacial about Lagos.

U SEE LAGOS AND ABUJA, IGBO PEOPLE WILL INVEST THEIR MONEY THERE.

THAT IS WHERE ALL OUR OIL AND GAS MONEY WERE TAKEN.

WHAT IS PRIVATE MONEY?

AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT COMPLAINING OF THE OIL AND GAS MONEY, THEY SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT THE PRIVATE MONEY.

LAGOS HAS A MASSIVE COASTLINE, IGBO DID NOT STOP YORUBA GOING TO DEVELOP ANY OF IT.

THEY MUST NEVER IN THEIR WILDEST DREAM THINK OF DESTROYING A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS.

GOD WILL PUNISH THEM FOR IT.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 10:50am On Apr 09
SamuelAnyawu:

No state in Nigeria will give him a tenth of what he makes in Lagos not even Abuja

Landmark pays about N2B in tax yearly, many other igbo companies pay much more than that in tax.

Say what you know please , Another igbo man Nicholas ukachukwu has more than 213 hectares of land in Abuja running into several billions of naira.

Another igbo man Is investing in new automated manufacturing of big trucks in Nnewi . All these are far richer than landmark in brand , revenue and scale of business. Lagos is what it is ,just another business frontier for igbos and nothing else.

If igbos start investing in oyo, osun, ondo, ekiti ,kwara , that's when I will get worried but as long as it is Lagos, Abuja , eastern states parts of ogun etc , I will sleep with my 2 eyes closed

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by EleventhWeirdo: 10:57am On Apr 09
kettykin:

Lagos with yoruba people, yoruba culture, yoruba language and under a yoruba government within Yoruba land will return back to micro Edo that is has to go through Ondo, another yoruba state to come to Lagos. Are you sure Nnamdi Kanu, the chained criminal eating watery beans in Kuje has not used you guys' senses as sacrifice to the useless gods of your deserted, unproductive enclaves?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 10:58am On Apr 09
EleventhWeirdo:

Lagos with yoruba people, yoruba culture, yoruba language and under a yoruba government within Yoruba land will return back to micro Edo that is has to go through Ondo, another yoruba state to come to Lagos. Are you sure Nnamdi Kanu, the chained criminal eating watery beans in Kuje has not used you guys' senses as sacrifice to the useless gods of your deserted, unproductive enclaves?

Let the country break up first, you will realize that Jerusalem was once owned by Palestinians until the real owners came
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by EleventhWeirdo: 11:01am On Apr 09
kettykin:

Let the country break up first, you will realize that Jerusalem was once owned by Palestinians until the real owners came

Guy, just shut it! You are not making even the tiniest bit of sense. Lagos has ever been Yoruba and will forever be. Did you see the oba of Lagos or the Awori and Ijebu indigenes or the Elegushi speaking Edo or bearing Edo names. Stop thinking like a typical 1p0b

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by Bluntemperor: 11:13am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by drololaaof: 11:26am On Apr 09
TouchNfollow:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/lagos-calabar-coastal-road-landmark-govt-mull-win-win-solution-to-avoid-demolition/
Because we have a listening government in person of BAT as the president who recognises economic implication . Bravo
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by CluelessMODS: 11:35am On Apr 09
Paraman:
I'm fully in support of this win-win solution. I'm not in support of demolishing landmark.
Yes that na Igbo man wey get sense not those ones shouting tribalism up and down.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by CluelessMODS: 11:37am On Apr 09
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.
IGBOS are coming after you.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by CluelessMODS: 11:40am On Apr 09
kettykin:

Landmark pays about N2B in tax yearly, many other igbo companies pay much more than that in tax.

Say what you know please , Another igbo man Nicholas ukachukwu has more than 213 hectares of land in Abuja running into several billions of naira.

Another igbo man Is investing in new automated manufacturing of big trucks in Nnewi . All these are far richer than landmark in brand , revenue and scale of business. Lagos is what it is ,just another business frontier for igbos and nothing else.

If igbos start investing in oyo, osun, ondo, ekiti ,kwara , that's when I will get worried but as long as it is Lagos, Abuja , eastern states parts of ogun etc , I will sleep with my 2 eyes closed
You are the one that calculated the tax bah? Tax man! So other tribe along that route whose business will also be destroyed don't pay tax?
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by PHAYOL81: 11:41am On Apr 09
Good
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by oaugraduate1234(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09
Glory be to God, I'm happy for this man.

May God continue to safeguard his long term investment and sweat.

I'm happy God had delivered the man from that wicked govt decision.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by owelle22(m): 12:06pm On Apr 09
christejames:
Everyone knows it's all a 'wild goose cry' undecided

Landmark Centre was not in the original plan of the project, the original route is the Water Corporation Road behind Landmark but some mischief makers either from the govt (to get some money from landmark) or from some overzealous staff of Landmark (or even Landmark themselves) just to gain more publicity shocked

Think, think 🤔 guys!!

Don't mind them, they think we all are gullible in this country...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 12:07pm On Apr 09
CluelessMODS:

You are the one that calculated the tax bah? Tax man! So other tribe along that route whose business will also be destroyed don't pay tax?

The owner of landmark already said on several occasions that his business is worth over $2m and he pays tax of over N2b yearly with ticker revenue of N2500 per individual with more than 20,000 visitors weekly
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by kettykin: 12:07pm On Apr 09
CluelessMODS:

The owner of landmark already said on several occasions that his business is worth over $2m and he pays tax of over N2b yearly with tickets revenue of N2500 per individual with more than 20,000 visitors weekly. Do you still have issues finding and digesting that piece of information.
Re: Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli by miketayo(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09
ngwaIgbo223:
You want to use our eastern region oil money build road and still want to destroy our business.

It won't work.

You mean palm oil? South South owns the other oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt Hosts, Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General (photos) / Okupe Withdraws From Presidential Race, Ask Wike, Others To Support Obi / We're Here To Campaign, Not To Shut Down Lagos - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.