Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs (36213 Views)

NPFL Clubs To Slug It Out For Dozy Mmobuosi/npfl Super Cup Star Prize Of N1.5bn / Fan To Tony Elumelu: 'Buy Manchester United' - He Reacts / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs by Love800(m): 8:46am On Apr 10
Wow!
Nice write-up.
Tanks for replying.
IbeOkehie:

Well I don't know EVERYTHING but I know that most markets experience increased quality and productivity when government controls are removed. So I don't need to know any particulars, it's a macroeconomic thing.

In the USA all sports are private. The only sport I know with government legal controls is baseball, the law allows Major League Baseball to maintain a legal monopoly for cultural and sentimental reasons. There may be others but I doubt it. I'm 99% sure all the other leagues are private.

The USA Olympic Teams are purely private.

There's no Ministry or Department regulating professional sports in the USA. It doesn't exist at any level of government.

Government gets a say in school sports because they fund schools. City governments subsidize the cost of stadiums and such but they're privately owned. There's always been strong opposition to such subsidies but most of the time when city referendum are called to decide on it, the people vote to give the teams the money.

I'm almost certain it's all private in Western Europe too.

I was shocked when I discovered that government owns and controls sports in Nigeria. Not that I should have expected anything better sha.

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs by Ajibade123(m): 12:34am On Apr 11
Juliusganduje:
Local league is not worth investing in.
Cap
See what sporting Lagos is doing within our many years
With the right money you will see changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alan Ruschel Back To The Football Pitch After Surviving Plane Crash / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr / Equatorial Guinea Vs Cote D'ivoire: AFCON 2023 (4 - 0) On 22nd January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.