Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday (39817 Views)

Kogi Approved As Oil Producing State (pic) / President Muhammadu Buhari On Thursday Approved The Appointment Of Mr Alwan Hass / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by RightChannel: 8:55am On Apr 09
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Abeg no cause wahala for yolubah mosiilem oh

Na Yeruba musilem dey celebrate fitr today
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 8:56am On Apr 09
Add Friday mumu people

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by spencekat(m): 8:56am On Apr 09
Jewessgratitud3:
If they like let them add Monday to it. My own be say I no dey resume work till May next month. I need all the time off that I can get.

Na govt worker you be naa.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by mastermaestro(m): 8:56am On Apr 09
Latakia:
I've already declared it on behalf of Nigerians whether federal government declare it or not.

I saw that authoritative post last night o. grin grin
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by spencekat(m): 8:57am On Apr 09
imohimoh12:
What kind of rubbish is this , 3 days for what exactly ?
I tire oooo.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Makinaki: 8:58am On Apr 09
What an unserious country. Has anyone stopped to imagine the economic implications of this additional day? Awon oponu leaders.

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by DonBenny77(m): 8:58am On Apr 09
Muslims don't joke with sallah at all. As strict as traveling was during my service year in the north. When it got to sallah break you could migrate to wherever you liked no penalty nobody send you for almost a week. We even came pack to meet ram meat from the school principal. I left Jigawa to kaduna, It was fun....
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by RightChannel: 8:58am On Apr 09
Lanre1st:

Moon never cause confusion, if you a little geography knowledge, you will understand why it can be 29 or 30

So no specific number of days to fast ramadan right? Is the moon lost, is that not a confusion on the path of allah, his slaves and the moon?
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by spartachico(m): 8:58am On Apr 09
Confused sets
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Penguin2: 9:00am On Apr 09
Offpoint1:

😂 No even bother go work yesterday... I don tell dem make grandma swallow school bus, I dey hospital with her 😂 🤣
Your grandmother swallowed school bus🤣🤣🤣
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by TemmyT002(m): 9:00am On Apr 09
They should add Friday abeg
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by DeOTR: 9:01am On Apr 09
arsenal33:
it is a lunar calendar based religion, as were all religions in ancient times. Christians still use the lunar calendar to determine Easter. That is why it is not a set date.
On a norm, if Christians should celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ at all, it should always be two days after the Passover. They still celebrate Passover till date, but I don't know why Easter is always on a Sunday. Very strange.
And no, Christians do not follow lunar calendar.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Brunicekid(m): 9:01am On Apr 09
adioolayi:
Na so 3 working days take go so

I don't know how best he would have addressed this...but three working days holiday is much o.

Technically, this week is gone.. because Friday sef go almost follow suit.

Na wa for us o
Yes ooo, these public holidays is just too much. We get too much public holidays for this Country.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Lovit(m): 9:01am On Apr 09
Next year, we sef go tell FG say Jesus never rise ni o for Sunday early morning.

we still dey watch tomb, e be like say person still dey there

We must get our 3 days too shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by grandstar(m): 9:02am On Apr 09
adioolayi:
Na so 3 working days take go so

I don't know how best he would have addressed this...but three working days holiday is much o.

Technically, this week is gone.. because Friday sef go almost follow suit.

Na wa for us o

School children will be crying, "why we dey holiday for this period?"
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Vado(m): 9:03am On Apr 09
kunle4toyeyaho:
Because we don't just pick any day spuriously as the day for celebration.Why are you not talking about the greater confusion that December 25 and January 7 pose ?

Ridiculous excuse. Nearly every Christian knows that 25th December wasn't necessarily the birth of Christ but it was close and we chose that day to take a time out of the year to reflect and celebrate the King of Kings and the last teacher, final prophet and the son of Jehovah. There's no crime in that. Gregorian calendar is relatively new to man so I seriously don't know why that should rile you all up. Pele shogbo.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by iLegendd(m): 9:03am On Apr 09
I don't benefit from these public holidays because everyday is already a public holiday for me since 2010.

3 Likes

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by adioolayi(m): 9:03am On Apr 09
buzorcharles:

Comment of a slave master. No be only u get investment. Use these 3 days to relax , bond and plan well

Lazy brat!

Serious organisations have planned their productivity calendar and taken cognisance of public holidays.
Government forcing 3 days, which is now technically 4 days, rendering a whole week of productivity useless calls for concern..

Afterall, workers are entitled to annual leave, paternity leave, maternity leave and even compassionate leave.

You should be worried for a bleeding economy....but your comment shows you are not...you are simply Lazy!

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Objectivist04: 9:05am On Apr 09
ItisWell22:
Nawa ohhhh…

In the SE, 4 days gone. 😒
Bank go dey overflow on Friday morning. 😢
I pity anybody that will have reason to visit the bank on Friday because it will be a hellish experience, same with government owned hospitals.

On a serious note, why are banks no longer establishing branches, enter any bank especially here in the east anytime and the banking halls will be overflowing with people, l don't really understand.

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by plantist: 9:06am On Apr 09
OriOko88:
undecided
I knew this was their plan when they hurriedly announced the public Holiday. Even Google calendar said eld is Wednesday, but they declared Tuesday. My wife said they'd gonna extend it that they knew what they were doing.

So much for the MuMu ticket. I am expecting them to declare four day for ileya salah. Nonsense

Make I find you 🛢️ if you need more just tell me after your tears don full this one
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Dannydavito: 9:07am On Apr 09
Muslim and there wahala. This week is already finished
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by RightChannel: 9:08am On Apr 09
arsenal33:
it is a lunar calendar based religion, as were all religions in ancient times. Christians still use the lunar calendar to determine Easter. That is why it is not a set date.

See next year Easter, it is already known even before now

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Honestey: 9:08am On Apr 09
Just give us the who week make we kuku continue enjoyment

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by OriOko88(m): 9:08am On Apr 09
GreenCovering:

Calm down.

It has always been a 3-day holiday post Ramadan, even during the time of obj and jona.

smiley
Send me a single proof of when Jonathan or even buhari declared three days holiday for slah

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by OriOko88(m): 9:08am On Apr 09
plantist:

Make I find you 🛢️ if you need more just tell me after your tears don full this one
Ori e daru
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Raylight2(m): 9:10am On Apr 09
They should see the moon on Friday night.

When I become president, it's one public holiday per month.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Ishilove: 9:11am On Apr 09
It was always supposed to be Wednesday and Thursday. Who sent them message??
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Inosky(m): 9:11am On Apr 09
Naija government and holidays, no productivity. Lazy govt
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by richie240: 9:12am On Apr 09
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by yinkabeauty: 9:13am On Apr 09
ryloy:

This thing don dey phone calendar since (science) , before postponement in moon 🌙 sighting and additional holiday.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by olayinka63: 9:13am On Apr 09
Babangidapikin:
What if they didn't sight the moon today ...Moon kukuma dey where e dey ...
That is why you shouldn't put your mouth in what you don't know. It is Muslim affairs so mind your business. No need to sight crescent again tonight as we have counted 30 days already. The next day automatically becomes 1st of new month.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Jewessgratitud3: 9:13am On Apr 09
spencekat:
Na govt worker you be naa.

Nope I work in a private sector but on part-time basis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” / Jimi Agbaje VS Akinwunmi Ambode....who wins? / Senator Ita Enang, New SSA To President On National Assembly Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.