Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday (39831 Views)

Kogi Approved As Oil Producing State (pic) / President Muhammadu Buhari On Thursday Approved The Appointment Of Mr Alwan Hass / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Objectivist04: 9:16am On Apr 09
Rumundele:

I don't think some of them are fasting, i caught my boss hidding food under the desk. I pretended i didn't see the food.
Is your boss a yoruba Moslem ?
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Theoarhics: 9:17am On Apr 09
Moon don go hide. Hunger too much. They may not sight the moon cos the moon don go do honeymoon
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by fortune1968: 9:17am On Apr 09
Lanre1st:
Good, your head dey there
Lazy lad .
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Babangidapikin: 9:19am On Apr 09
olayinka63:

That is why you shouldn't put your mouth in what you don't know. It is Muslim affairs so mind your business. No need to sight crescent again tonight as we have counted 30 days already. The next day automatically becomes 1st of new month.
Young man it's not a Muslim affair when the public holiday affects everyone, moreover I only asked a question.

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by wildernessVoice: 9:19am On Apr 09
Babangidapikin:
What if they didn't sight the moon today ...Moon kukuma dey where e dey ...

I hear say moon clashed with sun yesterday and still nursing the injury. No one knows when it'll recover and appear in Public.
Prepare for indefinite holiday
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by spencekat(m): 9:20am On Apr 09
Jewessgratitud3:

Nope I work in a private sector but on part-time basis.
No wonder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by 8kingz(m): 9:20am On Apr 09
Yes we might and nothing u can do about it than to cry like this till eternity

OriOko88:
undecided
I knew this was their plan when they hurriedly announced the public Holiday. Even Google calendar said eld is Wednesday, but they declared Tuesday. My wife said they'd gonna extend it that they knew what they were doing.

So much for the MuMu ticket. I am expecting them to declare four day for ileya salah. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Barblow(m): 9:21am On Apr 09
This is rubbish! Is two days not enough for 'ITUNU AWE'?
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Babangidapikin: 9:21am On Apr 09
wildernessVoice:

I hear say moon clashed with sun yesterday and still nursing the injury. No one knows when it'll recover and appear in Public.
Prepare for indefinite holiday
Me just curious, I know it won't happen in my life time, but what if the moon strink and disappears, if the Sun does we will all disappear.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Remii(m): 9:21am On Apr 09
Friday will be a collateral damage. Enjoy the holidays. That is the only subsidy available & that the FG can afford for now. πŸ˜† grin

3 Likes

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by iampeterben(m): 9:22am On Apr 09
Omo this APC regime na cruise. Barka D Sallah to all my Muslim faithfuls the ones that truly fasted oh!
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Barblow(m): 9:24am On Apr 09
There is no difference between Bubu and Tinubv! I can recollect that Bubu did same in his 1st tenure.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Qoko: 9:25am On Apr 09
Our Presido need to rest, Baba has been working tirelessly, he need some massage and injections, it’s not easy
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Flows001(m): 9:27am On Apr 09
kunle4toyeyaho:
Because we don't just pick any day spuriously as the day for celebration.Why are you not talking about the greater confusion that December 25 and January 7 pose ?

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by sihamey: 9:27am On Apr 09
Even google calendar said Wednesday and Thursday but they hurriedly give us Tuesday before they realize the real day
shocked grin grin
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Oshokhai69: 9:28am On Apr 09
adioolayi:
Na so 3 working days take go so

I don't know how best he would have addressed this...but three working days holiday is much o.

Technically, this week is gone.. because Friday sef go almost follow suit.

Na wa for us o

Add Friday, na 4 o. Tomorrow we go dey talk lazy Nigerian youths. Na wa o.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Goodlady(f): 9:30am On Apr 09
kunle4toyeyaho:
Because we don't just pick any day spuriously as the day for celebration.Why are you not talking about the greater confusion that December 25 and January 7 pose ?
What are the confusions of Dec 24 & Jan 7?
People like you are ignorant of your neighbours religion and are so careless with talks.
What that person said is a question. Why is moon always causing confusion. We are using Julian calendar. And if una wan use camel region calendars, so be it. When people explore lacunas in ya religion to taunt you, don't cry and don't dare resort to violence cos nobody has a monopoly for it.
Using 3 days holiday is not productive in a developing nation like Nigeria. Yet MURIC ll say FG isn't fair to their religions but you are all enjoying holidays.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Father4all: 9:35am On Apr 09
Moslems are powerful
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Winning123: 9:37am On Apr 09
adioolayi:
Na so 3 working days take go so

I don't know how best he would have addressed this...but three working days holiday is much o.

Technically, this week is gone.. because Friday sef go almost follow suit.

Na wa for us o

Go to work. Nobody stops you now.

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Lithiumite: 9:40am On Apr 09
RightChannel:
Why is moon πŸŒ’ always causing confusion in islam

It's basically about the 2 different calenders of the 2 major religions.....the Muslims use the hijri calendar while the xtians use the Gregorian which is Jan to Dec.

The month of Ramadan is the 9th month and has always been the 9th month,the end of which is when Ramadan is celebrated....the xtian calendar is in the fourth month while the Muslim is in the 9th going to the 10th.....
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Ayare: 9:41am On Apr 09
RightChannel:
Why is moon πŸŒ’ always causing confusion in islam
cause only Almighty Allan knows when the new moon will comes out. Some persons can nit just wake up and fix a date for Salah celebration. Now you know
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by ShoeGetSize: 9:41am On Apr 09
It's because you are moon worshippers. Allah was the moon god of Mecca until moohamad promoted him ahead of the the other 360 gods of the kaaba.
Allah really owes moohamad a lot of thanks for that promotion, because nobody would have known who he was if moohamad had not promoted him.

kunle4toyeyaho:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by MrLibrarian(m): 9:43am On Apr 09
Jewessgratitud3:

Nope I work in a private sector but on part-time basis.
just say it openly you're a part time nursery school teacher.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Kay25(m): 9:44am On Apr 09
Una won competw with dollar yet na soso holiday u dey take
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by RightChannel: 9:44am On Apr 09
Ayare:
cause only Almighty Allan knows when the new moon will comes out. Some persons can nit just wake up and fix a date for Salah celebration. Now you know

So allah is the moon that's causing confusion right? Definitely allah is an author of confusion

The day and date of your 2024 fitr has already been known even before now but I don't just know why you're confusing yourself in islam

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Offpoint1: 9:47am On Apr 09
Penguin2:

Your grandmother swallowed school bus🀣🀣🀣
Evidence dey πŸ˜‚
She swallow abi she no swallow?

1 Like

Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by Willed042(m): 9:49am On Apr 09
kunle4toyeyaho:
But u can also tell people ur date of birth, marriage and dates to commensurate lost ones in your family. You people and ur religion is very inconsistent. If it is the moon u worship let us know and stop identifying ur self to same almighty God. Someone ask simple question u rather bring in religious sentiment when it is a known fact that ur people have created more poverty, crises and conflicts to humanity than whatever wrongs animals could do to each other.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by bjtinz: 9:50am On Apr 09
Luckily me as I saw google calendar state wed -thurs as holiday, I sharply apply for Friday as day off.

Initially disappointed when I heard it was Tues -Wedz, but with this recent announcement, . . .. . .cruising all the waaaayyy πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ί cool
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by RightChannel: 9:50am On Apr 09
Lithiumite:

It's basically about the 2 different calenders of the 2 major religions.....the Muslims use the hijri calendar while the xtians use the Gregorian which is Jan to Dec.

The month of Ramadan is the 9th month and has always been the 9th month,the end of which is when Ramadan is celebrated....the xtian calendar is in the fourth month while the Muslim is in the 9th going to the 10th.....

The day and date of your fitr for 2024 has already been known in Gregorian calendar, check all my previous posts here on this thread, I attached the screenshot of this year and next year fitr which has already been fixed. If you need 2040 eid fitr day and date I'll send it to you, so stop giving yourself unnecessary headache and confusion
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by hotseat: 9:51am On Apr 09
This afterthought could have been avoided if there was proper coordination between the Minister and the Sultanate because of the religious dictates of Islam.

There must be a working synergy between the Government and all sectors to avoid a repeat of this type of national embarrassment next time.

All the same, all's well that ends well!

This is wishing our Muslim brothers and sisters a swell time as they celebrate!

@hotseat
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by jaggabban: 9:58am On Apr 09
Babangidapikin:
What if they didn't sight the moon today ...Moon kukuma dey where e dey ...
Since u don't know let me educate u. In summary, Ramadan is either 29 or 30 and we have 30 today. So even if ur family no see moon today, we will go ahead and celebrate our Eid.
Re: Thursday Approved As Additional Public Holiday by jaggabban: 10:02am On Apr 09
SolarEngr:
Yesterday my EXAM was moved to Thursday because Tuesday and Wednessday was decleared public holidays (A news I was happy about). But now Thursday is now a public holiday, guess who is not happy? Cos if they move it my remaining exams will be back to back, 4 in a row. UITES can relate better.
Even if ur grandfather take any decisions it will affect people on both sides. Hope transformer is not close by?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thugs Attack Dino Melaye's Campaign Train In Odokoro-Gbede District (Photos) / Peter Obi Ranks Number One On Twitter Trending Worldwide- Pictures / Kano Guber: Governor Yusuf Was Not Qualified To Contest - Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.