Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (31011 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by WriterX(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10
Villa12:
I don't believe in after death. Celebrate me while I'm still alive. Dead doesn't eat chicken nor Shawarma. The only thing you owe me after life is to put the person below six feet simple. Any other thing after that is rubbish.

"Only men who stare at the sun don't see the shade it cast."
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by mosicola(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10
shortgun:

Yes! We have sense more than you. angry
may be it is pap that you have as a brain.you don't celebrate intimately deathinless you lack conscience
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Cheeryfeet: 9:50pm On Apr 10
shortgun:

If we want to act insensitive we will all be in our houses and enjoy sleep for the night. Do you think it's easy to abandon the comfort of our homes to spend the night outside for our late friend.
None of the family members knows our friend more than we do.
His immediate elder brother has given us go ahead to hold the wake keep, every other of his relatives can go and die
angry

Truly you people are children. SMH
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by poseidon12: 12:58am On Apr 11
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

The family members are right. Wake keep is not supposed to be a party affair. You guys are not genuine friends.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by poseidon12: 1:06am On Apr 11
shortgun:

So in your small mind Djs only perform at parties.smh angry

Everybody will die eventually. When you die, I hope your so called friends also organise a fun filled party in place of a wake keep to celebrate your death. You guys should allow the family to grieve. Go somewhere else to hold your jamboree. Friends in deed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple / Governor Amaechi's Brother Godferry's Wedding (Pictures) / Godwin Maduka Buries His Mother In Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.