Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,713 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (30939 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 10:20am On Apr 09
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Namaster: 10:22am On Apr 09
Your group of friends sound inconsiderate and DUMB!

A family lost a relatively young man and you hired a DJ to turn his funeral arrangements into a fuckfest.

Be solemn.

710 Likes 57 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Babangidapikin: 10:24am On Apr 09
You guys cannot decide for the family na except he is a made man ...and you need to show proof

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Mhizshelly: 10:28am On Apr 09
Dumbest friends ever.....a young man died...na dj una wan use....may God have mercy on you guys!

332 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 10:39am On Apr 09
Mhizshelly:
Dumbest friends ever.....a young man died...na dj una wan use....may God have mercy on you guys!
So in your small mind Djs only perform at parties.smh angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Sankabson(m): 10:57am On Apr 09
What're really your aims and objectives as regards to this ??

You all needs to respect the family decision or take your proposed program elsewhere. The deceased was a Young Man for-God-Sake.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Ogeneigbo1: 11:04am On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.
He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.
What do you guys think?

You and your circle of friends must adhere strictly to the wishes and burial instructions from the family members no matter "how much" your circle of friends think they will contribute to the success of the burial, if you guys do otherwise, then the dead young man never had any friend or friends when he was alive.

285 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Charmingrascal(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Is this madness, foolishness or both.
Deceased family insist that they don't want such and y'all dumb skulls are insisting on going ahead with it.
A promising young man died without fulfilling his dreams and you are calling a DJ and planning to make merry.
If I were a member of his family I will blow y'all heads off if you gather.

What nonsense is this?
How old are you people to be thinking like this?

Y'all want to make merry so that you can drink and get high and probably invite some harlots to dance with.
This your post dey vex me gan I swear

168 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by poshestmina(f): 1:28pm On Apr 09
Let the family mourn their son.
You can't/didn't love him more than his family.

What's the point of hosting a carnival?
Abegi !!!

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09
May Allah never let us have this set of dumb friends.

Why can't they pack the money and give his family instead of wasting it on nonsense burial

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by kolamilan(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09
Na Wa for you guys ooo. Let the family decides on what they want.

nlfp front page worthy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Bongadu: 2:17pm On Apr 09
Plenty boomers on this ãfônja basket weaving forum

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09
Charmingrascal:

Is this madness, foolishness or both.
Deceased family insist that they don't want such and y'all dumb skulls are insisting on going ahead with it.
A promising young man died without fulfilling his dreams and you are calling a DJ and planning to make merry.
If I were a member of his family I will blow y'all heads off if you gather.

What nonsense is this?
How old are you people to be thinking like this?

Y'all want to make merry so that you can drink and get high and probably invite some harlots to dance with.
This your post dey vex me gan I swear
What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music
who will do the lighting? Who will provide generator?
Who will bring microphones and speakers for the gathering.
Better shut it you don't have any sensible contribution to this thread angry

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Rexymania(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09
Namaster:

A family lost a relatively young man and you hired a DJ to turn his funeral arrangements into a fuckfest.

Be solemn.

Be solemn. He was still Young... Though nobody is too old or young to die, but be solemn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by straighttalk(m): 2:42pm On Apr 09
Okay
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Vlibray: 2:42pm On Apr 09
Person die at age 40. Una wan go hire DJ ?..
Ha !
And from your comments, I can see you are the one pushing the agenda.
Please abort ok..
Your friend was too young.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by C2Ok: 2:42pm On Apr 09
I stopped reading when I saw y’all trying to invite a DJ
Na marriage abi na Wake keeping??
Is it a thing of joy?
Anyhow sha, na unfriendly friends vibe be that 😗🤝

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by AskNgige2: 2:43pm On Apr 09
Namaster:

Be solemn.

Okwu aghuola ibuo na ito

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Sonnobax15(m): 2:44pm On Apr 09
lipsrsealed
Na wa.....

Nighas been planning to lavish lots of money untop the grave of a young dead nigha, but then again I won't be surprised to later find out that the same nigha didn't get any single help from these nighas when he was alive and struggling to draw breath.......

Well,let the dead rest in peace abeg.........The family is already passing through a traumatic period and wouldn't want such type of show off party untop a young nigha who left the world at an early age...

Rest on

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by gaby(m): 2:45pm On Apr 09
I can't wait to experience these set of youths take over Aso Rock.

Na Dorime and all whatnot go dey happen for inside the rock everyday.

Inconsiderate and self-serving humans.

A bunch of so-called friends seeking to hide under the cloak of keeping wake to mourn a lost friend whereas, their main game is to party, get high, and try to numb themselves from their present realities.

Modified:

Just take a look at the adult baby op's subsequent response below:

All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
We don go plenty wake keeping together with him , his own won't be different

Now, I understand why funerals and wake-keeps is a thing amongst you headless circle of friends.

"Celebrate me, now when I dey alive....." Pato Ranking.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Franzinni: 2:45pm On Apr 09
The family has total and absolute say ... If they say no .. it is no .

You guys are friends and however your good intentions might be you would be better friends if you respect the wishes of the family

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Ayo25: 2:46pm On Apr 09
grin
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by cooljoe(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09
Is this even up for discussion?
The wishes of the FAMILY should be respected.

End of story.

21 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GanagiBitrus: 2:46pm On Apr 09
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by jimtaks: 2:48pm On Apr 09
Follow the decision of the family...Why do friends want to mourn more than the family....

15 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by LordReed(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Listen to the family.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by DeLaRue: 2:50pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music
who will do the lighting? Who will provide generator?
Who will bring microphones and speakers for the gathering.
Better shut it you don't have any sensible contribution to this thread angry

What do you guys even need microphone and speakers for.

I think this is cultural thing anyway. It depends on the custom where you guys come from.

In most places, when a young person passes away, the burial is a solemn affair. Unnecessary noise is avoided.

It is telling that some of his friends are threatening to withdraw just because the family does want noise.

25 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Raylight2(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
no words for you and your friends.

16 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by u3fine(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09
Respect the family wishes

5 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by CAPITALBEE: 2:51pm On Apr 09
Please respect the decision of the family!

5 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by CoronaVirusPro: 2:52pm On Apr 09
Reasons why you have to kill all your senseless friends before you die.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Sisters Die At Enugu Recreational Park During A Birthday Party / A Couple's Wedding Reception In The Middle Of A Pool / More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.