Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (31014 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by MyAmericandream(f): 3:10pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

So in your small mind Djs only perform at parties.smh angry

You’re still exhibiting your fuulishnes dude. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Bigprik: 3:11pm On Apr 09
[all of you organizing the party are senseless shocked]Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?
[/quote]
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Tochj(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09
You can not cry more than the bereaved
If you guys really love your friend
Do as the family said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Empresa: 3:15pm On Apr 09
Can you guys just respect the family's wish. If you want to flex, go to the club after the wake keep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by blowjohn(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Why even party?
Are they alright at all?

Someone died and u want to bring DJ to party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Lance008(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09
donbenie:
Friends indeed..
With friends like them,who needs enemies?
U too funny to be honest
U know ur enemy
Ur first enemy Dey among ur family members
See bro even the family no be saint
So I can't organize a party for a late frd
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GenFunction: 3:18pm On Apr 09
Namaster:
Your group of friends sound inconsiderate and DUMB!

A family lost a relatively young man and you hired a DJ to turn his funeral arrangements into a fuckfest.

Be solemn.
See o,they even want to rock

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BinamRex: 3:19pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

I sincerely hope you read this. I am speaking from my perspective as a Northern Christian: burial is a solemn occasion. We do not buy drinks and throw parties to mourn our dead as doing so would be misconstrued as rejoicing that the deceased is no more. Mourners living close to the bereaved are expected (not compulsory) to bring food so that other mourners who came from afar would have something to eat. He is your friend but you should also respect the wishes of his family and not throw a party. That would be insensitive.

I believe you are a southerner. I had a culture shock when I moved to the south and saw how people mourn their dead. Their make banners and throw parties. They eat, drink beer and get drunk. I found and still find this unacceptable. You want to throw a party for someone who died untimely and you are upset because his family doesn't agree that it is the right thing to do. Please, be reasonable!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Medici777: 3:20pm On Apr 09
Group of friends or occult?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by reservd(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

What do you guys think?
Well I don't know the kind of life style you and your friends were living, but as long as his funeral is concerned, you have no moral right to go against his family's wish and consent, but una be wetin we know suppose loud outside, otherwise you all should respect yourselves

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by chloride6: 3:21pm On Apr 09
Go and rent a hall outside and do your wake keep
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GenFunction: 3:22pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

The point is simple,za family dae vex,they are mourning,man's stil young...them no want merry...dnt form any woke here

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by saasala(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09
Charmingrascal:

Is this madness, foolishness or both.
Deceased family insist that they don't want such and y'all dumb skulls are insisting on going ahead with it.
A promising young man died without fulfilling his dreams and you are calling a DJ and planning to make merry.
If I were a member of his family I will blow y'all heads off if you gather.

What nonsense is this?
How old are you people to be thinking like this?

Y'all want to make merry so that you can drink and get high and probably invite some harlots to dance with.
This your post dey vex me gan I swear

I can feel your anger in your writing. Trust me, I wish I could see these friends, line them up and blow their heads with my licensed pump action

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by brutal1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09
What is there to party about in this? People lost their child and are mourning, the best way the useless bunch of fooliaminys wants to pay their last respect is by bringing a DJ. Hoy un poco tonto no?
shortgun:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by saasala(m): 3:28pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music
who will do the lighting? Who will provide generator?
Who will bring microphones and speakers for the gathering.
Better shut it you don't have any sensible contribution to this thread angry

You foolish lot. What the fvk do you need speakers and microphone for?

Y'all bringing speakers and microphone to the burial of a 40 year old. Are you nuts?

4 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by succri(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09
This right here is what happens When you have goats as friends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BinamRex: 3:31pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What village do you all crawl out from for fuks sake. DJ's are not always used during celebrations, or for playing loud music

You want to mourn your deceased northern friend the way Southerners mourn their deceased. It doesn't work that way. Listen to his family and do what they want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by WriterX(m): 3:31pm On Apr 09
Hey listen, first of all Rest in peace to the deceased, its thought of you to want to do such for the deceased, he must have been quite close to you and your circle of friends.

Listen here is my advice considering burial is quite a sensitive or over sensitive thing in this part but overall

1. Kindly Respect The Wishes of Your friend's family, since he is no more, his family represents him closely. Respecting the family is also respecting him. Also remember, your actions will also show the kind of friends he kept around, people will judge him and his family from what they see and hear on that day, there is enough grief for them and I am sure your well felt and kind hearted gesture can be carried out in a way that satisfies you all.

2. You can decide to throw your own private get together after the main thing has been done, you can discuss with the family to help ensure the plan can be merged to profit you both. I think there may be a way for both your plans to coexist and fulfill all purposes, think and be creative.

3. You honor his family is you also honoring him, Don't threaten the family with your support withdrawal I do plead on that course, There is going to be a lot of emotions on that day Sir, I watched my dad grow old and sick and his last days in the hospital bed before his death and burial.

See it's no easy thing to see someone you love as a family or friend die.

But Show Honor and Respect To Your Friend and His Family. I leave you with this quote i made up

"The only time we know who really are family are those who stood by us in life and after death."

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by StreetMedia: 3:31pm On Apr 09
Oga make una Off Dj and food oga...
A candle/tribute night sounds better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OChimex: 3:33pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

I have always and keep saying this, the problem with Nigeria as a country is because most Nigerians are far away from common sense.
You lost a dear friend so young to death, you guys should be in pain and shock and not in merry making mood, if you guys aren't, the family is deeply in pain and respect their wish.
When any of you lose your own brother or son, then you can go to Quilox and throw a party.
In developed countries, funeral are purely reduced to mourning, but Nigerians turn it to celebration.

5 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by donbenie(m): 3:33pm On Apr 09
Lance008:

U too funny to be honest
U know ur enemy
Ur first enemy Dey among ur family members
See bro even the family no be saint
So I can't organize a party for a late frd
You can organise a party for your friend,IN YOUR HOUSE..
And no one is stopping you..
And if that friend's death really means anything to you,you would have understood AND respect where the family is coming from..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Anashe: 3:34pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Cult members surely

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Miiirage: 3:36pm On Apr 09
Reasons why you have to kill all your senseless friends before you die.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Lance008(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09
donbenie:
You can organise a party for your friend,IN YOUR HOUSE..
And no one is stopping you..
And if that friend's death really means anything to you,you would have understood AND respect where the family is coming from..
Dem tell u say na for their family house
The guy is from north west but reside in Abuja
Una can behave lik say Na Una lik person pass and deep inside Na Una wicked pass
So he friends no fit organized party as a remembrance for field ?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Miiirage: 3:36pm On Apr 09
CoronaVirusPro:
Reasons why you have to kill all your senseless friends before you die.

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by cravingmind: 3:38pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the

preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

What do you guys think?

How's this a wake keep?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by cravingmind: 3:39pm On Apr 09
Lance008:

Dem tell u say na for their family house
The guy is from north west but reside in Abuja
Una can behave lik say Na Una lik person pass and deep inside Na Una wicked pass
So he friends no fit organized party as a remembrance for field ?

Too lame

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by NairalandGOAT1: 3:39pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

One question for you guys..

When he was alive, did you guys ever organize a surprise party for him in this manner?

If the answer is No, I guess y'all should go listen to the jam Celebrate Me by Patoranking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by sleek214(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

It's obvious you're dumb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by cravingmind: 3:41pm On Apr 09
OChimex:

I have always and keep saying this, the problem with Nigeria as a country is because most Nigerians are far away from common sense.
You lost a dear friend so young to death, you guys should be in pain and shock and not in merry making mood, if you guys aren't, the family is deeply in pain and respect their wish.
When any of you lose your own brother or son, then you can go to Quilox and throw a party.
In developed countries, funeral are purely reduced to mourning, but Nigerians turn it to celebration.

All I see here is that, the friends are all trying to show off, there's money to spend.
You'll notice this from their response to the deceased family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by josite: 3:43pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Hear urself .DJ for an untimely death.u deserve being beaten with firewood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by NairalandGOAT1: 3:45pm On Apr 09
Charmingrascal:

Is this madness, foolishness or both.
Deceased family insist that they don't want such and y'all dumb skulls are insisting on going ahead with it.
A promising young man died without fulfilling his dreams and you are calling a DJ and planning to make merry.
If I were a member of his family I will blow y'all heads off if you gather.

What nonsense is this?
How old are you people to be thinking like this?

Y'all want to make merry so that you can drink and get high and probably invite some harlots to dance with.
This your post dey vex me gan I swear

@the bolded, this is typical Gen Z format for mourniing their dead friends!

To them, everything na cruise!

Don't be surprised, if they're allowed to go ahead with the "party" or should I say "event" Some of them might even create content from the so called wake keep to gain followership on SM.. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple / Governor Amaechi's Brother Godferry's Wedding (Pictures) / Godwin Maduka Buries His Mother In Anambra (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.