Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (30987 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubana’s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by GreatVocalist: 4:41pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
We don go plenty wake keeping together with him , his own won't be different
angry
You and your friends are the ones who are unreasonable, and it seems take the lead here. Let me ask you a question: how do you define funfair?

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Treasure17(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09
Pat081:
Why all this nonsense comment we should all know the part of the country they come from ,if it south west state they will never do that for 30 something yrs old man
There's nothing nonsensical here. Irrespective of wherever you crawled out from, certain things just don't make sense. Check the context of the post. The op is even arrogant. Except there's more to this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by jubrilELsudan: 4:47pm On Apr 09
YOU PLUS ALL YOUR COMMITTEE OF FRIENDS IS MOST STUPID

LIKE DON'T YOU GUYS EVEN REALIZE THAT IN MOST CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS IN NIGERIA IT IS A TABOO AND SACRILEGE AND A CURSE TO CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF A YOUNG PERSON

YOU ALL BETTER GO SEEK FORGIVENESS FROM HIS FAMILY HENCE DEM GO SWEAR FOR ALL OF UNA AND E GO CATCH ALL OF YOU

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BadBradley: 4:51pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Who are you to shut me up, are you mad? >:
I wasn't trying to shut you up.

At your late 30s and early 40s it's a tragedy you haven't outgrown your acquired foolishness.

You're trying to usurp and dictate how a family will grieve their own son because you have an animal impulse for alcohol and party and lack the solemnity to acknowledge grief.

I know you're already in your 40s but it's not too late for your mother to consider late term abortion for you.

We the sane and sober demand your exit from the face of the earth.

Social misfit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by wellmax(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09
Dumb friends.

You only love party and not his family. If you withdraw support because family want it solemn, then you are not only dumb but f00ls.

Away with your fake love. Mtcheeeew

4 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by torqque7(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09
Namaster:
Your group of friends sound inconsiderate and DUMB!

A family lost a relatively young man and you hired a DJ to turn his funeral arrangements into a fuckfest.

Be solemn.

As in very very DUMB asses..See them even making threats of not attending or supporting their late friends funeral as if they are doing it for the friends family..these guys are really fooolish..If them no want pay last respect to their late friend then they should go to hell na..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Wallade(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

The family has little or no control over you guys, you need no fund from the family so I think you guys can go ahead with your plans.

You have shown respect to the family by informing them about the event. He was their son and he was also your friend.

However, keep the celebration on a low key. Drinks, food, DJ and others are fine by me. You can also take it away from his residence.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Cheeryfeet: 5:13pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

You people are insensitive, Child like and immature.
Why throwing party in guise of wake keeping in a family that's mourning for a live cut short?
And so called friends are threatened to abandon the burial plans for the family to do what they like. Before nko, it's the families right to do and plan as they seem fit and lastly you don't have any grounds at all to disregard the family and go ahead with the party.

4 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by gaby(m): 5:14pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
All of una for this thread dey ment, we will go ahead with a proper wake keeping for our late friend, that's what he would have wanted. We will use another venue if the family members continues to be unreasonable. angry
angry

What a circle of headless friends.

Now it is very glaring to the discerning why funerals and wake-keeps is frequent and a thing amongst you dunderhheads.

This isn't how to be woke. This is stupidity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Lance008(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09
GreatVocalist:

What the heck?
I no fit talk to be honest
Not all family are family
Una fit even mean well for am pass the family
The dead is gone
Mak Una go ahead with Una arrangements as the last form of respect to him
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 5:21pm On Apr 09
Wallade:

The family has little or no control over you guys, you need no fund from the family so I think you guys can go ahead with your plans.

You have shown respect to the family by informing them about the event. He was their son and he was also your friend.

However, keep the celebration on a low key. Drinks, food, DJ and others are fine by me. You can also take it away from his residence.
You have spoken well brother,you are a sensible breed. Thanks
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09
Cheeryfeet:

You people are insensitive, Child like and immature.
Why throwing party in guise of wake keeping in a family that's mourning for a live cut short?
And so called friends are threatened to abandon the burial plans for the family to do what they like. Before nko, it's the families right to do and plan as they seem fit and lastly you don't have any grounds at all to disregard the family and go ahead with the party.
If we want to act insensitive we will all be in our houses and enjoy sleep for the night. Do you think it's easy to abandon the comfort of our homes to spend the night outside for our late friend.
None of the family members knows our friend more than we do.
His immediate elder brother has given us go ahead to hold the wake keep, every other of his relatives can go and die
angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by sylve11: 5:39pm On Apr 09
Vlibray:
Person die at age 40. Una wan go hire DJ ?..
Ha !
And from your comments, I can see you are the one pushing the agenda.
Please abort ok..
Your friend was too young.

Probably. cool
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09
BadBradley:
I wasn't trying to shut you up.

At your late 30s and early 40s it's a tragedy you haven't outgrown your acquired foolishness.

You're trying to usurp and dictate how a family will grieve their own son because you have an animal impulse for alcohol and party and lack the solemnity to acknowledge grief.

I know you're already in your 40s but it's not too late for your mother to consider late term abortion for you.

We the sane and sober demand your exit from the face of the earth.

Social misfit.
You are a compound fool who was raised in a broken home where etiquette was never taught.
Our late friend will be given a befitting wake keep the way we deem fit, the way he would have loved it to be. You dumbos can go n die. Nobody loved our late friend more than we do.
Idiots
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by sylve11: 5:42pm On Apr 09
CoronaVirusPro:
Reasons why you have to kill all your senseless friends before you die.

grin cool

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by donbenie(m): 5:43pm On Apr 09
trespas:
My condolences, guys in the northern part of Nigeria they do not celebrate death it is a solemn affairs calling for reflection n reminder to all that its a garment all must wear. So to d family it's strange what ur team is proposing
Even in the South,nobody celebrates the tragic demise of a young man..

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by donbenie(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

You are a compound fool who was raised in a broken home where etiquette was never taught.
Our late friend will be given a befitting wake keep the way we deem fit, the way he would have loved it to be. You dumbos can go n die. Nobody loved our late friend more than we do.
Idiots
So,why come here to seek validation?
You should have just proceed with your plans and spare us the hullabaloo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by goldmatrix(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09
Respect the dead and the family he left behind.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Akalia(m): 5:46pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
So because the friends of the deceased are the ones bank rolling the funeral rites giving that the family of the deceased may be financially handicapped, you now want to give the family terms and conditions because of your financial support? Not fair, allow the family of the deceased to guide the planning of your friend's burial rites. They lead while friends follow.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by bareal(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Where are you from?

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09
donbenie:
Even in the South,nobody celebrates the tragic demise of a young man..
Who's celebrating here?
Poverty has distorted your perception to the extent you interpret every act of comfort as leisure. Would you assemble accomplished individuals in a place without making plans for them to be comfortable? What if they decide to stay away?
Na you be the first person to lose a family member?
You dey ment?
Thank God, the immediate elder brother was sensible and has given us go ahead to hold the wake keep, if not I would have slept comfortably in my house on that day angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by jaszplus12(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Ecclesiastes 7:1-6 (KJV) A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.
It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

I've left this passage of the bible for you to read and meditate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Malawian(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09
The Family wants it Solemn, but you and your friends wants a lirru bit of Display.

shortgun:

What do you guys think?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OChimex: 6:24pm On Apr 09
cravingmind:

All I see here is that, the friends are all trying to show off, there's money to spend.
You'll notice this from their response to the deceased family.

Again, that brings the question to common sense.
Why spend money when the person you are spending for doesn't know?
Let them hold off and spend those monies on their own burials....
Afterall some people build their grave when alive

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by enemyofprogress: 6:32pm On Apr 09
NeoWanZaeed:
May Allah never let us have this set of dumb friends.

Why can't they pack the money and give his family instead of wasting it on nonsense burial
very dumb friends indeed.

5 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09
OChimex:

Again, that brings the question to common sense.
Why spend money when the person you are spending for doesn't know?
Let them hold off and spend those monies on their own burials....
Afterall some people build their grave when alive
Who told you our late friend won't know of all our efforts to give him a proper befitting funeral? The only way to honor the dead is to give them a befitting burial.
A human should never be buried like an ant.
The pyramids of Egypt was erected to honor the dead.
You think you are more enlightened than the ancient Egyptian pharaohs?
Who d hell do you think you are?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BinamRex: 6:56pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

If we want to act insensitive we will all be in our houses and enjoy sleep for the night. Do you think it's easy to abandon the comfort of our homes to spend the night outside for our late friend.
None of the family members knows our friend more than we do.
His immediate elder brother has given us go ahead to hold the wake keep, every other of his relatives can go and die
angry

You are an insensitive fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BinamRex: 6:57pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Idiots

You are a bigger idiot. Odey!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 6:58pm On Apr 09
BinamRex:

You are an insensitive fool.
F*ck you and f*ck off angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by lanre9ja(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09
If u guy need to do something for your friend, u can organize a prayer Section for him to honor is memory, throwing a party to me is not wise decision enough...... Please honor is memory and is family for the last time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by jikins(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
angry

Lol you came here looking for supporters of your ridiculous plan but surprisingly you met level headed people left, back and center. The only thing remaining is to do what you said here. Runaway with your tail between your legs and carry out your ridiculous plan regardless

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09
BinamRex:

You are a bigger idiot. Odey!
Ode, you can go n die.
I'll do what pleases me, a thousand of you can't do shit cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple / Governor Amaechi's Brother Godferry's Wedding (Pictures) / Godwin Maduka Buries His Mother In Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.