Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems (31016 Views)

Guests & Bouncers Struggling To Pick Money At Obi Cubanaโ€™s Mum's Funeral (Pics) / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / 95-year-old Man Shocks Family, Wakes At His Own Funeral - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by OChimex: 7:08pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Who told you our late friend won't know of all our efforts to give him a proper befitting funeral? The only way to honor the dead is to give them a befitting burial.
A human should never be buried like an ant.
The pyramids of Egypt was erected to honor the dead.
You think you are more enlightened than the ancient Egyptian pharaohs?
Who d hell do you think you are?

So he knows and yet keeps silent when his family, his mom and dad go through pain and he would at least come to console them?
Ecclesiastes 9:5 the dead know nothing.
Ecclesiastes 7: 4 the heart of the wise is in the mourning....
Respect the family wish and shelve una selfishness....
They are mourning.
Keep the celebrations and spending at una own burial. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
I wonder how many times una throw him celebrations and gifts when he was alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by drololaaof: 7:13pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?
You the supposed friends wetin be your interest in burial programme above the family wish . It is stupidity. Before you do anything you ought take instructions from the family moreover did the deceased have wife and children ? The welfare of the wife and children should your primary concern, than burial frivolities.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09
jikins:

Lol you came here looking for supporters of your ridiculous plan but surprisingly you met level headed people left, back and center. The only thing remaining is to do what you said here. Runaway with your tail between your legs and carry out your ridiculous plan regardless
No sensible person goes with the opinions of the majority.
This is why few individuals hold the wealth of billions because they think differently from you spreadsheet dumbos. I don't care if the whole world hold a contrary opinion to mine. All I need is inner conviction.
If you read my responses you will see where I mentioned that the immediate elder brother has given us the go ahead to hold a proper wake keep for our late friend. Every other piece of shit can go to hell.
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by BadBradley: 7:22pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

You are a compound fool who was raised in a broken home where etiquette was never taught.
Our late friend will be given a befitting wake keep the way we deem fit, the way he would have loved it to be. You dumbos can go n die. Nobody loved our late friend more than we do.
Idiots
you're just a friend and have no moral or customary right to organise anything.

Your birth is a testament your parents fawked before exchanging first names.

Respect family.

Son of the damned!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by REGINALD001(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09
shortgun:
Tragically we lost a close friend to the cold hands of death who passed away in a ghastly motor accident.

He was in his late thirties to early forties,unmarried, no child, and a Christian from the North west.

In solidarity, we his friends, proposed to hold a formal wake keep for him at his Abuja residence and promptly began the preparation process. This included securing the services of a DJ and arranging refreshments for the gathering.

Certain members of his family objected to the idea of the wake keep, contending that it was inappropriate for us to engage in partying and funfair following the untimely passing of their loved one. They insisted we limit the gathering to just a public address system and a choir to sing, nothing more.

Some of our friends are threatening to hands-off and withdraw their involvement from everything about the funeral including not attending the burial and allow the family members do whatever that pleases them.
Others are of the opinion that we should ignore the family members and go ahead with our plans since we are going to be paying respect to our late friend and not members of his family.

What do you guys think?

CHOPPED FRIENDS ........ FRIEND NDI ERIRI ERI

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by AngelDo: 7:27pm On Apr 09
I think it's better to respect the family opinion and do Christian wake keep with Service of songs... allow them to mourn their lost the way that want...

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by jikins(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

No sensible person goes with the opinions of the majority.
This is why few individuals hold the wealth of billions because they think differently from you spreadsheet dumbos. I don't care if the whole world hold a contrary opinion to mine. All I need is inner conviction.
If you read my responses you will see where I mentioned that the immediate elder brother has given us the go ahead to hold a proper wake keep for our late friend. Every other piece of shit can go to hell.

Doesn't in anyway change what I said. You obviously haven't gotten what you wanted from the thread because nairalanders were surprisingly level headed today. Only thing you can do is run along and do what you wanted to do all along but without the approval you wanted from here. If you didn't care you wont ask for their opinion its that simple, you can lie to yourself all you want but actions speak louder than words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by mosicola(m): 7:30pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
I agree with the family. Do you people have sense at all?

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by westside365: 7:41pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Mr Friend lover, tell me the truth, don't hide anything from me,I won't tell anyone. I have a question for you, are you ogboni or cult member or ritualist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Kingson28: 7:42pm On Apr 09
With friends like you, one is in doubt if the deceased is presently in Heaven.
A pack of thuggish and insensitive friends, foolishly demanding to control and decide how the bereaved family should bury their dead.
Repent and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Gmajor(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09
It sounds like your friend group is organizing an ego filled get together. Because how does it make sense that the family says they don't want partying and you guys are threatening to back off?
Really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by occfx: 7:57pm On Apr 09
Namaster:
Your group of friends sound inconsiderate and DUMB!

A family lost a relatively young man and you hired a DJ to turn his funeral arrangements into a fuckfest.

Be solemn.

They are just been unreasonable

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Gooding55(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09
Too Childish of all of you
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09
OChimex:

So he knows and yet keeps silent when his family, his mom and dad go through pain and he would at least come to console them?
Ecclesiastes 9:5 the dead know nothing.
Ecclesiastes 7: 4 the heart of the wise is in the mourning....
Respect the family wish and shelve una selfishness....
They are mourning.
Keep the celebrations and spending at una own burial. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
I wonder how many times una throw him celebrations and gifts when he was alive.
I am not here to brag about how we've stood for this our friend.
Stop quoting scriptures to me cos I may know the Bible more than you do.

Acts 8:2
Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation about him
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by hardon1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09
This is what I call MUMU FRIENDS
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by westside365: 8:12pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

I am not here to brag about how we've stood for this our friend.
Stop quoting scriptures to me cos I may know the Bible more than you do.

Acts 8:2
Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation about him

This burial una won organise, na for ritual abi? You be Ogboni, or money ritualist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09
mosicola:
I agree with the family. Do you people have sense at all?
Yes! We have sense more than you. angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 8:17pm On Apr 09
westside365:

This burial una won organise, na for ritual abi? You be Ogboni, or money ritualist.
Are you okay?
This is how you lots go about labeling every successful person a ritualist.
angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by westside365: 8:20pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Are you okay?
This is how you lots go about labeling every successful person a ritualist.
angry

Mr Man I am ok. Look at yourself, or go to the mirror and look at yourself, tell me wetin you see. People have been telling you who you are but you refused to accept it. Hmmm do you even know jesus? If you know jesus this kind foolish talk or idea no go komot from your mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Emdebby2: 8:23pm On Apr 09
Respect the dead!
Respect the decisions of the family members!
Friends or not, you guys have no right to choose the burial style. Whatever the family says stands.

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09
westside365:

Mr Man I am ok. Look at yourself, or go to the mirror and look at yourself, tell me wetin you see. People have been telling you who you are but you refused to accept it. Hmmm do you even know jesus? If you know jesus this kind foolish talk or idea no go komot from your mouth.
Oga, you don't know Jesus more than I do. Do you expect me to agree with what most people are saying on this thread?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by westside365: 8:38pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

Oga, you don't know Jesus more than I do. Do you expect me to agree with what most people are saying on this thread?

Oga go sit down with your big mouth bla bla bla. Mtcheww. The way and manners you talk, I suspect you be Ogboni or Money ritualist. I suspect whatever means you are earning your money, it's not legal neither is it clean.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by WorldRichest: 8:52pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

Ogun go soon kee all these frienemies and the DJ one by one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by damoobaba: 8:53pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?

No wonder the guy died early. The company of friend he kept says it all. You lost a friend and you want to party, smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by damoobaba: 8:54pm On Apr 09
WorldRichest:

Ogun go soon kee all these frienemies and the DJ one by one

Imagine O, they lost a friend and they want to party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by prophetfire: 8:59pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
. You and your friends are compounded mumu , all of you.
Party over a young man that died tragically!!
Maybe it's even you people that killed him and wants to rejoice over his death.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by damoobaba: 9:00pm On Apr 09
noble2faith:
grin

Una craze gan ni o. What is there to party nitori Olorun?๐Ÿ™„ Dey suppose flog you guys wey claim to be the deceased's friends.

Even throw them for police cell sef. Awon omo ale gbogbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09
prophetfire:
. You and your friends are compounded mumu , all of you.
Party over a young man that died tragically!!
Maybe it's even you people that killed him and wants to rejoice over his death.
Oga shut up abeg, are you wiser than all the pharaohs who pyramids were built to honor their passing?
You will just open mouth like Cow to spew garbage
. angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Ten06(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09
Obey the family and stop every kind of ceremony you guys want to organize

1 Like

Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by Everydaylove: 9:12pm On Apr 09
What kind of insensitive friends are you people?
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by shortgun(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09
westside365:

Oga go sit down with your big mouth bla bla bla. Mtcheww. The way and manners you talk, I suspect you be Ogboni or Money ritualist. I suspect whatever means you are earning your money, it's not legal neither is it clean.
Poor man's mentality, anyone who's successful must be a ritualist angry
If you decide to do the funeral of your late friends like that of dogs that's your problem. As for me and my friends our late friend must be given a befitting wake keep that he deserves, you all can go and die angry
Re: My Dead Friend's Funeral Is Causing Problems by babajero(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09
shortgun:

What do you guys think?
What I think is that both you and your so called friends are very stupid and senseless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Wedding Pictures Of 2015 General Election Couple / Governor Amaechi's Brother Godferry's Wedding (Pictures) / Godwin Maduka Buries His Mother In Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.