Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon (36055 Views)

Edo Woman & Her SUV Skid Off Muddy Sapele Benin Road, Plunge Into A Ditch / Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) / Men Take Selfie After Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 2 Passengers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Niok: 4:22pm On Apr 10
Yarimo and freestuffsng were among the kpais
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by udemzyudex(m): 4:23pm On Apr 10
saasala:
I drove on the bridge just after completion. It is so smooth and tempting. Something keeps telling you to keep pumping that gas pedal and go even faster, and no matter how fast you go, there is this crazy guy driving a Benz that will zoom off right beside you, making you think you are moving like a snail.

And moving so fast in Nigeria is not like in other advanced countries where other drivers are sane. Here people don't know when to stay on their lane and when to over take. Everyone drives anyhow.

I had to give my self brain and stayed on 120.

Even the 120 is too much haba.

1 Like

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by dominique(f): 4:24pm On Apr 10
Eriggayabdem:

Yepp.
Implications of the universal laws of motion..
A sudden stop (vehicle hindered by the railings) would have resulted to objects (passengers)not tethered to said vehicle, or not constrained by the vehicle itself, continuing the course of motion through windows .. open or glassed.

jaszplus12:

What happens when an accident occurs and you see it live is inexplicable sometimes! Seen a case of a car somersaulting and tossing occupants out like it was nothing...and it wasn't funny...

Wow! That's so scary. Imagine being thrown out of a vehicle straight into open waters. Lord have mercy!

3 Likes

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by 1Sharon(f): 4:29pm On Apr 10
dominique:
I'm trying to envision how this happened, did they get flung out of the bus into the lagoon like they're pieces of paper?

Probably weren't wearing a seat belt.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Obito555(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10
saasala:
I drove on the bridge just after completion. It is so smooth and tempting. Something keeps telling you to keep pumping that gas pedal and go even faster, and no matter how fast you go, there is this crazy guy driving a Benz that will zoom off right beside you, making you think you are moving like a snail.

And moving so fast in Nigeria is not like in other advanced countries where other drivers are sane. Here people don't know when to stay on their lane and when to over take. Everyone drives anyhow.

Limit is 80 but u still choose 120 wei done sire

2 Likes

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by omooba969(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10
jetguy:
First sacrifice done and dusted after the renovations 😕may God have mercy on us .

Are you ok?

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by id4sho(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10
Efuaye:
The 80 km speed on that bridge should be strictly monitored and violaters punished, otherwise the government should consider installation of speed breakers on the bridge to save lives!

Bridge wey men dey hit 160km/hr shocked
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by spencekat(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10
Balablue64:
Wahala for who no sabi swim.
Swim after they fit sustain concussion?
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by jaszplus12(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10
dominique:

Wow! That's so scary. Imagine being thrown out of a vehicle straight into open waters. Lord have mercy!
I swear, only God can save anyone in that situation

1 Like

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by codemaniacs: 4:36pm On Apr 10
IamAtAnger:
Nigerians must always abuse any small opportunity... dem see smooth road now na to over speeding remain.. I don't juz understand the original problems of Nigerians. Smh see road wey dem juz renovate say make Lagos sef join other rest of the world... dem don start to dey damage the road again

Mariangeles:
Hei!!!

These drivers should control themselves and drive easy on that smooth bridge O!

It's police and Lastma that's meant to control them.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by occfx: 4:40pm On Apr 10
dominique:
I'm trying to envision how this happened, did they get flung out of the bus into the lagoon like they're pieces of paper?

Good question my sister woman
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by OlujobaSamuel: 4:41pm On Apr 10
pocom16:

50km?

You must be joking

80km is very reasonable
Leave am oo, someone even suggested speed breakers on the road
I'm so sure the bus is likely going to be on 60km or less sef
The driver might not want to give way to a small vehicle, thus swerving and hitting the rails
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Offpoint1: 4:42pm On Apr 10
saasala:

Speed limit on that bridge is 80 and you yourself was doing 120, what makes you different? You have no business doing 120 within a city, that speed is meant for interstate express.

1 Like

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Pootle: 4:42pm On Apr 10
road wey them jus open
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:42pm On Apr 10
jetguy:
First sacrifice done and dusted after the renovations 😕may God have mercy on us .

Men of evil mindset...this your comment is demonic
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10
Naija no dey use eye see clear road wey smooth na.. fire, Fire, Fire

1 Like

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Raylight2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10
dominique:
Lagos buses wey no dey close door

1 Like

Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Jokerman(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10
ntyce:

The problem isn't the speed limit, most of these commercial buses are not even road worthy to speed up to 30km/h..

Unworthy buses and cars should be off the highway.

Especially those useless stricken Mazda buses playing Adeniji Eko
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Pat081: 4:48pm On Apr 10
saasala:

You are very funny 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but you are saying the true
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by gigabyte13: 4:54pm On Apr 10
Road no good Dem complain
Road don good now
Na to die dey hungry una again
Die wey una go still cool down die, una dey hurry.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10
ntyce:

The problem isn't the speed limit, most of these commercial buses are not even road worthy to speed up to 30km/h..

That’s the country you are in, small break disc no good here, your motor no go pass MOT, never. Ever never ever.

I don’t know how they will do it, but all these people in power priority na do one small thing, people hail them.

Lee transformed Singapore, Deng did it to China, with 1.6 billion people.

Nigeria too small for transformation. Better visionarian is just needed. Death to all corrupt politicians like china.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Light78: 4:56pm On Apr 10
Flame333:
APC go add speed bump to that bridge

It might cause traffic which in turn will affect the bridge because of the weight of vehicles on it.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Nauttyprof(m): 4:58pm On Apr 10
ignis:
In a saner clime, news like this happens once a while and will call for a national mourning.

But in Nigeria, it have become everyday news.

I still don't understand your point. In this situation, are you blaming the government for rehabilitating the bridge to a better condition or are you blaming the driver for being reckless?
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Apr 10
codemaniacs:

It's police and Lastma that's meant to control them.

Drivers are expected to drive responsibly first.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by xjiggy: 5:08pm On Apr 10
saasala:

I no dey go past 80 for that Bridge.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by OKOATA(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10
saasala:

Baba aswear you are right about those GLK Benz stuff. Happened to me too, omo na my pastor caution me make we no go get accident o. The way the Benz go pass you, he go be like Ferrari drove pass you.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by 3kay945(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10
azpekuliar:

Speed breakers on a highway, are you mad ?? What happened to speed cameras?

You have time responding to kids grin cheesy
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by blackgold2018(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10
ntyce:

lol
The danfo driver won use danfo to race for bridge.
Funny thing is I just passed the accident scene few hours ago. But they have already removed the danfo off the road. But cars were still parked lined up and the rescue agencies were still searching for the 2passengers.
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by FireUpNow(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10
PHIPEX:
So much superstition, thos is why ritual killings is still very rampant

You cannot remove Africa from an African man.😆
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by saasala(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10
Offpoint1:

Speed limit on that bridge is 80 and you yourself was doing 120, what makes you different? You have no business doing 120 within a city, that speed is meant for interstate express.

I will move slower next time.

But baba, people dey blow 160 pass me
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by Paraman: 5:52pm On Apr 10
2shure:
I remember when I did 120kph 2years ago,lo and behold an eod had an accident about 20 feet away from me,thank God for my abs ad traction control,I for go hit him condemned bumper.it rained that day and my brakes no quickly catch due to wet asphalt.
You get mind o boss. 120kph on a wet road
Re: Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon by 2shure: 5:54pm On Apr 10
It rained lightly,express dey sweet esp for smooth asphalt where u suddenly go deaf due to over smooth road,no sound of tyres or anything
Paraman:
You get mind o boss. 120kph on a wet road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy / Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video) / Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.