Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (22226 Views)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / $16bn Power Projects: Why Buhari Should Not Probe Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by atobs4real(m): 10:31am On Apr 13
Would have.... Oka ooo
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by amnesty7: 10:31am On Apr 13
An almost useless statement.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by IPDGP: 10:32am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to these people.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. He closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

Igbos will never gain anything being of servitude to this people.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

Mr leave story and apply sense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Hezmatosky: 10:33am On Apr 13
My question is, where was wike by then?

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:36am On Apr 13
Okay
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by GUNITGuy: 10:36am On Apr 13
What a gentle man he was!!!!
May his Soul Rest in Peace
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by jaxxy(m): 10:37am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to these people.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. He closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

1millions diagonisis and rants but not a single solution stated just lamentations. undecided

Who lamentations help?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by chidooh1: 10:39am On Apr 13
Onu didn't win the NRC primaries, it was Amuta but they rigged it in favor of Onu that was how he became Abia Governor then.

4 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by GUNITGuy: 10:39am On Apr 13
id4sho:
He didn't even say Dr Alex Ekeweme tongue, getta
Just hyping him ... Never said this when he was Alive.....
Alex Ekweme was the only challenger to obj in PDP primaries

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Fiscus105(m): 10:40am On Apr 13
JAMO84:
No way Onu could have won anything in 1999, even the alliance between AD and APP got like 13m less votes than PDP. Is Sani trying to say APP alone could have won the election or what? Plus Onu was not known outside the SE, even now, many people have never heard of that name before.

If thr is election for regional president, Onu cannot win south east regional presidency.

Someone who contested for presidential primary and couldn't win just one vote. Perhaps, he tot it's by lamentations that politicians win election.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Timmi: 10:40am On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
That has been the fate of Igbos since the end of the civil war in 1970.

Dr Alex Ekwueme, the first civilian vice president in Nigeria was about to become President after Shagari's tenure in which Shagari confessed that his vice Ekwueme was an excellent man that would succeed him, but as usual, the Northern military boys who played role in the 1966 counter coup that swore that it's better a mad man rules Nigeria than for an excellent Igbo man to emerge Nigeria's President truncated Dr Alex Ekwueme's clear chance of emerging President through Maj. Buhari's led coup.

They did same to Peter Obi after he won the election before everybody's eyes yet they will be foolishly praying for Nigeria to become a great country and expect everybody to be patriotic despite being leaders of unpatriotism, division and nepotism in Nigeria.

Na here we de observe una sha.

RIP Dr Onu, history will remember you for good cry

You and your ObiZombie crowd are in delusion saying that OBI won the election

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by mipeesoft(m): 10:40am On Apr 13
True talk, but I hope and hope that one day all Igbos will wake up and genuinely fight for there rightful position.
Penguin2:
Tor

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:41am On Apr 13
Obasanjo na agbero, no try am ooo.

Just derail yourself from his path
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by mipeesoft(m): 10:42am On Apr 13
True talk, but I hope and hope that one day all Igbos will wake up and genuinely fight for there rightful position.
Penguin2:
Tor

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Ladiesdoctor(m): 10:43am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Now I believe!!!
Igbo are the problem of Nigerias unity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by DOM7: 10:44am On Apr 13
Those that brought APC in Nigeria? The worse thing that happened to the country not even the civil war was as bad as what we are seeing now.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by ChiefOloye(m): 10:46am On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
Tinubu got the whole accolade of forming APC simply because he brought billions of Lagos state treasury to fund their propaganda against Goodluck's government using Saharareporters and other mercenaries.

Little did Nigerians know that it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu that brought the money used to register APC as a party with INEC.

Another day to cry....Nnamdi Azikwe (an Igbo man) formed NCNC, but it was hijacked by Herbert Marculey, (a Yoruba man), Alex Ekwueme, another igbo man founded PDP in his bedroom, it was also taken from him by Obasanjo, another Yoruba son, and recently, Ogbonaya Onu formed and paid for the registration of APC, but the credit was given to Akanbi, Asiwaju Jagaban!
Why do we always hold una in your jugular, we wan strangle una?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by tunjilana: 10:48am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

I dont know if you are just being mischievous or have limited understanding of Nigerian Politics. Truly Onu is of the opposition block (APP, ANPP and later APC) he stood firm but reason critically, when APC was formed, how much political and electoral value did Onu's constituency the South east contribute to the success of the Party versus the southern candidate that finally emerged.

The big question should be why did Igbos not get the ticket in PDP where they have slaved and aligned since 1999, why didnt they rally round and speak with one voice behind Obi to get the ticket in PDP

Why do you like blaming others for your lack of political tact and coherence

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by id4sho(m): 10:48am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Victim mentality

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 10:49am On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
That has been the fate of Igbos since the end of the civil war in 1970.

Dr Alex Ekwueme, the first civilian vice president in Nigeria was about to become President after Shagari's tenure in which Shagari confessed that his vice Ekwueme was an excellent man that would succeed him, but as usual, the Northern military boys who played role in the 1966 counter coup that swore that it's better a mad man rules Nigeria than for an excellent Igbo man to emerge Nigeria's President truncated Dr Alex Ekwueme's clear chance of emerging President through Maj. Buhari's led coup.

They did same to Peter Obi after he won the election before everybody's eyes yet they will be foolishly praying for Nigeria to become a great country and expect everybody to be patriotic despite being leaders of unpatriotism, division and nepotism in Nigeria.

Na here we de observe una sha.

RIP Dr Onu, history will remember you for good cry
grin Igbos and delusion be like 5& 6, you better wake up from your sleep Arindin...it seems you have your own election result somewhere or maybe it was conducted in mars, because the one that was conducted in 2023 was won by president Tinubu which we all know. Bitter obi only won in biafra land which is not surprising to us because we all know who the real tribalist are grin no matter how much you try to twist history to suite your myopic views grin come again in 2027 nothing will changw because Nigeria ia not ready to give it most exhaled sit to enemies of Nigeria and emergency lovers of the zoo chinedu cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Arjeeni: 10:49am On Apr 13
Well you might know and sees more.

But, Dr. Onu is a fine politician that is an undisputed fact.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Honestey: 10:53am On Apr 13
In other words, we dodged another bullet back then.

3 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Jerk1: 10:54am On Apr 13
This is what they will say when Peter Obi dies. They will start telling you how good he was and they best for the country if not that he was rigged out.
You people don't want any good for the country because of tribalism and nepotism, not that you don't know what is good.
Shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 10:54am On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
Tinubu got the whole accolade of forming APC simply because he brought billions of Lagos state treasury to fund their propaganda against Goodluck's government using Saharareporters and other mercenaries.

Little did Nigerians know that it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu that brought the money used to register APC as a party with INEC.
grin keep on telling yourself that lie in your village meeting grin which mkney Onu get to fund the party? Dey play, we all know how Apc was formed and the heavy weight involved in it formation....Maybe were referring to biafran party Apuga grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by lapintoz: 10:55am On Apr 13
Ok profer a solution that does not include biafra or ipob 😁

Penguin2:
Tor

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:56am On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

did they stop Igbos from competing like others.. in 1999 were Igbo not Senate president... U pple act like na owe una anything.. there are over 300 tribes... Power isn't a gift u compete and negotiate for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 10:57am On Apr 13
JAMO84:
No way Onu could have won anything in 1999, even the alliance between AD and APP got like 13m less votes than PDP. Is Sani trying to say APP alone could have won the election or what? Plus Onu was not known outside the SE, even now, many people have never heard of that name before.
dont mind those kids that just started voting last year grin they think they talking to there primitive village duellers grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by lapintoz: 10:57am On Apr 13
Very well said.....

Playing the victim card is a sine qua non ......default mode for some these guys......

tunjilana:

I dont know if you are just being mischievous or have limited understanding of Nigerian Politics. Truly Onu is of the opposition block (APP, ANPP and later APC) he stood firm but reason critically, when APC was formed, how much political and electoral value did Onu's constituency the South east contribute to the success of the Party versus the southern candidate that finally emerged.

The big question should be why did Igbos not get the ticket in PDP where they have slaved and aligned since 1999, why didnt they rally round and speak with one voice behind Obi to get the ticket in PDP

Why do you like blaming others for your lack of political tact and coherence
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Chinedumejoooo: 11:00am On Apr 13
You are truth itself.
Extremely humble and patriotic to the progress of this country.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 11:02am On Apr 13
Macphenson:
The Igboman keep making sacrifices in this nation but when it gets to their turn, they are told to do this, do that and do this.

A lot of people never knew Ogbonnaya Onu used his personal money to register APC. He was among the finest politicians ever in the history of this country. He would have been one of the most brilliant Presidents this country would have ever produced.
Imagine having a leader like him at the begining of our 1999 democracy.

Rest in Peace Sir.
grin why didnt he use is brilliance to tranform Abia when he was a governor? Or what significant change did he bring to its office as minister during buhari regime? Oh i guess because he is Igbo then he is the best thing after slice bread just the same way yall dolt praised that Agulu failure just because yall are desperate to have the presidency? We all know the game but we aint fooled grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 11:04am On Apr 13
free2ryhme:

Nigeria to start local production of pencils in two years - Onu

Where are the pencil factories before buhari govt left
grin haha this wicked, wait for them to come and defend his incompetence, some are already here telling us how he would have change the country to dubia if he wa elected president, typical of our sad yeast blodas grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goa Minister Compares Nigerians To Cancer! / Group Demands Fayose’s Removal As Ekiti Governor In 14 Days / Buhari Was The Right Candidate To Beat PDP — TINUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.