Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (22279 Views)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / $16bn Power Projects: Why Buhari Should Not Probe Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by HardBishop: 1:27pm On Apr 13
OniyideAmplify:
The only thing you people are good at is to cry, wail and play a victim card. Nothing else.

You guys are tribalistic but you will never agree. That reminds me of when I was still looking for job in Dubai, as per Nigerian brothers now, I and some of my so-called igbo brothers were negotiating on how much we gonna charge the white man if eventually he give us the job, after all our stress to win the contract over the Ugandan and Kenyan counterparts. To my surprise, these people started speaking Igbo which I don't even understand. Lo and behold, these people conspired against me and came back to tell me that the man needed just 18 guys instead of the 20 he budgeted because of the amount we charged him. The Igbo man we chose as our leader based on his age gave the white man the names of all the Igbo guys excluding me, telling me the names are complete, which means there's no slot for me.
It took the grace of God and my mom's blessings back home for the white man to noticed I wasn't present despite been at the front line throughout of the whole process of negotiations. I felt betrayed by my own brothers and that is unfair.
Fine, next just align with your brothers, we don't care.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by HardBishop: 1:30pm On Apr 13
Omoejigbahe:

You survive on hate and resentment for others, kindly list the names of ibos that are known and prominent without aligning with the centre. Your so called obi still calls atiku his boss till tomorrow. Grow up.
Grow up? Is the evidence not staring at your face? Invest in Nigeria as an Igbo man politically and expect nothing but frustrations

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by slivertongue: 1:34pm On Apr 13
HardBishop:

Nna nawa you.. see how you're begging them for votes....
It has been carved out in the hearts of Nigerians that Igbo will never rule.. haba is just the way ither tribes supported obi that gave Igbo a glimmer hope and chances of a PRESIDENTIAL candidate.
My view is if they continue to deny us and attention is fix on another ethnic candidate.. the best is to declare NO PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS in the southeast region. I know what I'm saying.. is that time they will sit up and think about it. Leave it to be every four years continuously, make their mama born them well why they consider igbos in national development.
We have to take the bull by he horn or else nothing

it is not carved out in our hearts that Igbos will not rule NIGERIA. The North Central stood more firm for Obi, we spent our money to campaign for him. Moreover it is not the North that is against Igbos it's your fellow Southerners. They did it to Gej. The North is a big brother that welcomes all interest. If the North didn't vote for Obj, GEJ & Tinubu they won't win so relax igbos will have theirs with time
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Dalohad: 1:50pm On Apr 13
Ogbonnaya Onu slaved so much for the North. From ANPP to APC. There was nothing he did not do for the North, so what was his gain?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by seunmsg(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:

Now, why was that Olu Falae kind of arrangement not made for him in 2023?

Or you don’t think the Southeast, where’s he’s from, is where the Southwest was in 1999 when stakeholders came together and conceded the presidency to them?

Do you think there was anything the Southwest could have done had the military done otherwise except to continue to burn their region?

SE is not where SW was in 1999. Before 1999, a Yoruba contested and won a free, fair and credible presidential election against a NW candidate. Unfortunately, the head of state as at that time from NC with the backing of SE and NW political elites ganged up to annul the election.

SW singlehandedly fought the military for the restoration of the mandate and the return to democracy. It was in the light of this that northern elites minus SE elites decided to back the SW for president. Despite the mood of the country back then, SE still insisted on not conceding anything to the SW. Alex Ekwueme insisted that the PDP ticket should never be microzoned to SW and he participated in the primary till he was roundly defeated.

In APP, Ogbonnaya Onu also insisted on the conduct of the primary election and won despite the agreement between APP and AD to fly a joint ticket with a SW Presidential candidate.

So you see, the circumstances were different as SE have no mandate stolen from them like the SW had in 1999. Again, despite the above, SE never conceded anything to the SW. They competed actively against SW candidates and lost. In fact, SE elites sponsored an article titled “No to Yoruba presidency” in almost all the print media as at that time.

Finally, Ogbonnaya even though a good guy was of no significant value to APC. He brought absolutely nothing to the table in terms of votes to the party. In an election in which PDP already chose Atiku Abubakar as her presidential candidate and LP and SE already adopted Peter Obi as candidate, it would have been extremely foolish of APC to adopt a candidate like Ogbonnaya Onu with no political base and electoral value. Dude would have lost his home state and region to Peter Obi before 9am on Election Day. Don’t let’s even think about how he would have performed in the north and SW.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by loffyloffy: 1:58pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
Tinubu got the whole accolade of forming APC simply because he brought billions of Lagos state treasury to fund their media propaganda and character assassination against Goodluck's government using Saharareporters and other mercenaries.

Little did Nigerians know that it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu that brought the money used to register APC as a political party with INEC.

My response to all these young, uninformed Yoruba boys who don't know their history and who Igbos are below

Whenever I tell them the truths, they run and hide because they know the truth.

On one thread some days back, some uninformed Yoruba boys were mocking Igbos for not producing any dollar billionaire according to Forbes' recently published billionaire list. They mocked Igbos for not having any Igbo man on the list, mocked Igbos for not producing President in 2023 even when they knew Peter Obi won but got cheated.

They also mocked Igbos that Igbos are lazy that Igbos only know how to do 4x4 shop trading, that Igbos were poor, miserable before the war that it was after the war ended that Yorubas accommodated Igbos in Lagos that Igbos started seeing money and progress, can you imagine the madness?

On that thread, I took them on a memory lane and reminded them that whatever a Yoruba man aspires to become today or in future in Nigeria, that an Igbo man has already became that long time ago.

I started with reminding them that:

1.) Igbo man; Sir Louis Odimegwu Ojukwu was the first documented richest black person and richest Nigerian, anybody can Google about this. The man was so rich that when Queen Elizabeth first visited Nigeria, Nigeria as a country didn't have a befitting car to ferry the Queen around, so Sir Louis Ojukwu donated his Rolls Royce car which was used to carry Queen Elizabeth about. The man even got official request from British government during world war II to assist Britain with transport logistics in Africa and Louis Ojukwu donated hundreds of his Ojukwu transport company trucks which were used to move Nigerian soldiers that fought on the side of Britain in Burma.

2.) Igbo man was the first Nigerian Governor General of Nigeria and first civilian President of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.

3.) An Igbo man was the first Military President or Head of state of Nigeria, Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

4.) An Igbo man was the first civilian vice president of Nigeria; Dr Alex Ekwueme

5.) An Igbo man was the first Chief of Army Staff in Nigeria; Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

6.) An Igbo man was the first Senate President in Nigeria; Chief Nwafor Orizu

7.) An Igbo man was the first indigenous Army General in Nigeria; Maj Gen Aguiyi Ironsi

8.) An Igbo man was the first African, and first black African to become Secretary General of Commonwealth of Nations; Sir Emeka Anyaoku

and many more yet these cretins keep on wasting their life and time hating on a formidable Igbo people they are only trying to catch up and outsmart through political gangup and treachery cool

In reality, the Igbo people are the ones who waste their time harboring animosity towards others and believing that everyone despises them.

The Igbo people are warmly welcomed in every Nigerian community. They reside, conduct business, and thrive even in the most remote regions of the country. They are not harassed or disturbed, yet they believe that the people who accommodate them and engage in daily business transactions with them are their adversaries.

While occasional conflicts may arise, the experiences of the Igbo people are comparable to those faced by other groups.

Their victim mentality is exceptionally pronounced.

Also, paying for the form to start a political party doesn't make you the founder; it's just your contribution as a foundation member. It's no more significant than others' contributions that shaped the party. #PartyBuilding #EqualContributions

Even Atiku, in the PDP, can claim significant contributions to the APC. He could even call himself a foundation member. #PoliticalInfluence #MultiplePerspectives

Only an ignorant person would deny Tinubu's pivotal role in shaping today's APC. Onu's contributions pale in comparison. #TinubuLegacy #PartyLeadership

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Dalohad: 1:59pm On Apr 13
SoNature:
Late Ogbonnaya Onu was a first class graduate, but he wasn't a spectacular civil servant. As a science and technology minister, he was busy talking about when Nigeria will start producing ordinary pencils.

Please we don't just need anyone bearing Igbo names to add to the litany of problems we are already dealing with in this country.

We need outstanding Igbo administrators like Peter Obi, Dave Umahi and Alex Otti to show Nigerians what an incompetent president should do for the people.

RIP to Engr Ogbonnaya Onu!

Dave Umahi is not brilliant. Tell him to go and pay the woman that did a contract for him since the past 8 years and stop being a swindler.

Ebony state secretariat is now littered with fraudsters using authentic government stamps and seals to give fake contracts. When you pay a deposit for the contract, your money is gone forever.

Call this numbers 09152142467, 09034429192, they are some of the in-house fraudsters using Ebonyi government papers to swindle prospective contractors with 419 contracts.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Aawizdom(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to these people.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. He closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

Igbos will never gain anything being of servitude to this people.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

I pity you because of your shallow thought process.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:07pm On Apr 13
HeroicMeastro:

If he was given the APC ticket in 2022 and he eventually won the presidential election, we would have been mourning now. The country would have had another death leader on power.

Silly assertion! So i guess you looked into your crystal ball, saw Ogbonnaya Onu would pass away this week, then elected to overlook him for emilokan abi! I suppose that same crystal ball has told you Tinubu will outlive Methuselah!?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by YesDaddy1: 2:10pm On Apr 13
That na why una dey pray make dollar reach 5000 naira by December okwea?

My ppl talk say ''d person we dey look nor dey look elsewhere''.

Nor be only una sabi observe; as una dey observe us we sef dey observe una pro-max.

We go see d winner for this 'observing' game.
Dey play!
cool
franchasofficia:
That has been the fate of Igbos since the end of the civil war in 1970.

Dr Alex Ekwueme, the first civilian vice president in Nigeria was about to become President after Shagari's tenure in which Shagari confessed that his vice Ekwueme was an excellent man that would succeed him, but as usual, the Northern military boys who played role in the 1966 counter coup that swore that it's better a mad man rules Nigeria than for an excellent Igbo man to emerge Nigeria's President truncated Dr Alex Ekwueme's clear chance of emerging President through Maj. Buhari's led coup.

They did same to Peter Obi after he won the election before everybody's eyes yet they will be foolishly praying for Nigeria to become a great country and expect everybody to be patriotic despite being leaders of unpatriotism, division and nepotism in Nigeria.

Na here we de observe una sha.

RIP Dr Onu, history will remember you for good cry

My reply to an online cretin below
Online cretin.

During APC Presidential Primaries in Abuja in 2022, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu stood before the whole world on live broadcast; President Buhari was there, Tinubu your god was there, Prof Osinbajo was there, Rotimi Amaechi was there, Adam's Oshiomhole was there, Bisi Akande was there, and all the known and unknown APC chieftains were there, before them all, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu reminded them how APC was formed and how he Dr Ogbonnaya Onu used his own money to register APC as a party, none of them disputed him there or went to media to dispute him after the Primaries, but here is an unknown online hungry boy famzing his tribesmen in an empty stomach, talking nonsense about things he know nothing about.

That is how your Yoruba fathers have been lying to you about Omo Igbo from birth, feeding you young hateful Yorubas with lies just to make you hate Igbos and live in perpetual fear of the great Igbo people, continue, na so your forefather and father did and ended up peasant poverty ridden cocoa farmers who lived and died in Ikirun cocoa farm cheesy
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by YesDaddy1: 2:17pm On Apr 13
Send me your acxount, I'll send u d money he paid.
Do that right now and let us rest biko.
cool
franchasofficia:
That has been the fate of Igbos since the end of the civil war in 1970.

Dr Alex Ekwueme, the first civilian vice president in Nigeria was about to become President after Shagari's tenure in which Shagari confessed that his vice Ekwueme was an excellent man that would succeed him, but as usual, the Northern military boys who played role in the 1966 counter coup that swore that it's better a mad man rules Nigeria than for an excellent Igbo man to emerge Nigeria's President truncated Dr Alex Ekwueme's clear chance of emerging President through Maj. Buhari's led coup.

They did same to Peter Obi after he won the election before everybody's eyes yet they will be foolishly praying for Nigeria to become a great country and expect everybody to be patriotic despite being leaders of unpatriotism, division and nepotism in Nigeria.

Na here we de observe una sha.

RIP Dr Onu, history will remember you for good cry

My reply to an online cretin below
Online cretin.

During APC Presidential Primaries in Abuja in 2022, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu stood before the whole world on live broadcast; President Buhari was there, Tinubu your god was there, Prof Osinbajo was there, Rotimi Amaechi was there, Adam's Oshiomhole was there, Bisi Akande was there, and all the known and unknown APC chieftains were there, before them all, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu reminded them how APC was formed and how he Dr Ogbonnaya Onu used his own money to register APC as a party, none of them disputed him there or went to media to dispute him after the Primaries, but here is an unknown online hungry boy famzing his tribesmen in an empty stomach, talking nonsense about things he know nothing about.

That is how your Yoruba fathers have been lying to you about Omo Igbo from birth, feeding you young hateful Yorubas with lies just to make you hate Igbos and live in perpetual fear of the great Igbo people, continue, na so your forefather and father did and ended up peasant poverty ridden cocoa farmers who lived and died in Ikirun cocoa farm cheesy
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 2:19pm On Apr 13
Macphenson:

In all your rabble rousing and empty ranting, you did not counter what I listed with Tinubu's achievement in those two sectors. In all the discussions we've had, drawing up plan for other administrators and commisioning uniformed agberos are all you could list as Tinubu's achievement. It simply shows he performed below par. He is no where near Peter Obi's class and level in terms of governance and leadership.

The successors can make any political statement, but the facts on ground will dwarf their foolish comments.
Is Ananbra state not the best in education, Yes or No?
Is Ananmbra not the best in Rural road Network? Yes or No?

Counter them with facts especially from Tinubu's achievement as a governor. T

😂 I didn’t expect you to accepted the fact that your Agulu gbajue master is a non performer and a mediocre in governance. At least we can see it by the low budget bore hole he is building in the north hustling for Almajiri vote😂 you should argue with soludo and not me, someone that has privileged information about the past and current running of Anambala govt should be discarded? And I should believe a nonentity like you? Pls find your age group to argue with😂 we don’t rate your bitter obi here in Sw and he has no achievement to his name in governance and the last election proves it, and that’s why Tinubu is the president today and not a mediocre like your messiah😂
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by franchasofficia: 2:19pm On Apr 13
YesDaddy1:
Send me your acxount, I'll send u d money he paid.
Do that right now and let us rest biko.
cool
Papa Ajasco, oya take it shocked cheesy grin
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by HardBishop: 2:27pm On Apr 13
slivertongue:

it is not carved out in our hearts that Igbos will not rule NIGERIA. The North Central stood more firm for Obi, we spent our money to campaign for him. Moreover it is not the North that is against Igbos it's your fellow Southerners. They did it to Gej. The North is a big brother that welcomes all interest. If the North didn't vote for Obj, GEJ & Tinubu they won't win so relax igbos will have theirs with time
Hmmm well let's see how it goes..
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LagosFc: 2:27pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
I knew it, it is a normal life of an average Yoruba person.

Whenever I tell you cretins the truth with verifiable facts, you run and hide or start your usual Yoruba propaganda against Igbos because you all know the truth.

On one thread some days back, some uninformed Yoruba boys like you were mocking Igbos for not producing any dollar billionaire according to Forbes' recently published billionaire list. They mocked Igbos for not having any Igbo man on the list, mocked Igbos for not producing President in 2023 even when they knew Peter Obi won but got cheated.

They also mocked Igbos that Igbos are lazy that Igbos only know how to do 4x4 shop trading, that Igbos were poor, miserable before the war that it was after the war ended that Yorubas accommodated Igbos in Lagos that Igbos started seeing money and progress, can you imagine the madness?

On that thread, I took them on a memory lane and reminded them that whatever a Yoruba man aspires to become today or in future in Nigeria, that an Igbo man has already became that long time ago.

I started with reminding them that:

1.) Igbo man; Sir Louis Odimegwu Ojukwu was the first documented richest black person and richest Nigerian, anybody can Google about this. The man was so rich that when Queen Elizabeth first visited Nigeria, Nigeria as a country didn't have a befitting car to ferry the Queen around, so Sir Louis Ojukwu donated his Rolls Royce car which was used to carry Queen Elizabeth about. The man even got official request from British government during world war II to assist Britain with transport logistics in Africa and Louis Ojukwu donated hundreds of his Ojukwu transport company trucks which were used to move Nigerian soldiers that fought on the side of Britain in Burma.

2.) Igbo man was the first Nigerian Governor General of Nigeria and first civilian President of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.

3.) An Igbo man was the first Military President or Head of state of Nigeria, Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

4.) An Igbo man was the first civilian vice president of Nigeria; Dr Alex Ekwueme

5.) An Igbo man was the first Chief of Army Staff in Nigeria; Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

6.) An Igbo man was the first Senate President in Nigeria; Chief Nwafor Orizu

7.) An Igbo man was the first indigenous Army General in Nigeria; Maj Gen Aguiyi Ironsi

8.) An Igbo man was the first African, and first black African to become Secretary General of Commonwealth of Nations; Sir Emeka Anyaoku

and many more yet these cretins keep on wasting their life and time hating on a formidable Igbo people they are only trying to catch up and outsmart through political gangup and treachery cool
hahaha see pain everywhere😂 I didn’t even bother to read your long gibberish. Western region has always been known has pace setters and that’s why Ibadan is on the history map of may first and I don’t even need to educate you on that. All this shalaye is not needed Chinedu, Yoruba no be Una papa mate even your ancestors have always coveted western region, that was why nnamdi Azikiwe wanted to be a premier here but we already saw the covetousness and greediness of an average ibo man, and that’s why they are the only ethnic group always crying and wailing about Lagos😂 your hate and envy for Yoruba will never limit it progress, because we are a blessed race and that’s why we are still the most progressive region in the country during the day of regionalism till date. The dream of every Igbo is to migrate or jump on night bus to Lagos and Sw just to make progress in life…Okoro the joke is on you😂
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by loffyloffy: 2:47pm On Apr 13
Fareke:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/11/ogbonnaya-onu-wouldve-been-president-in-1999-instead-of-obasanjo-shehu-sani/

This Shehu Sanni is not smart, Saying Onu would have been president instead of OBJ,because he is the candidate of APP is like saying Sowore should have been president instead of Buhari.

Your party nominating you only gives you an opportunity to contest nothing more.

You have to survive mergers and go on and win the election to be president.

Saying someone who was not even on the ballot at the election should have been president, instead of the guy who actualy won the election is stupid.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:15pm On Apr 13
Flame333:
what is your goal Mr Shehu Sani...

I just feel instead of making all this irrelevant statement on social media, it would have been better for you to look inward and see how you can redeem your influence as a political figure in your state so you can come back and continue pushing your career...

Dino and Patrick wanted to change the system by fighting the Mob of corrupt politicians but they failed, same as you.. they have all kept quiet I expect you to do the same or go about executing projects, personal projects to revive your image...
He is a low budget Reno.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:16pm On Apr 13
LagosFc:
hahaha see pain everywhere😂 I didn’t even bother to read your long gibberish. Western region has always been known has pace setters and that’s why Ibadan is on the history map of may first and I don’t even need to educate you on that. All this shalaye is not needed Chinedu, Yoruba no be Una papa mate even your ancestors have always coveted western region, that was why nnamdi Azikiwe wanted to be a premier here but we already saw the covetousness and greediness of an average ibo man, and that’s why they are the only ethnic group always crying and wailing about Lagos😂 your hate and envy for Yoruba will never limit it progress, because we are a blessed race and that’s why we are still the most progressive region in the country during the day of regionalism till date. The dream of every Igbo is to migrate or jump on night bus to Lagos and Sw just to make progress in life…Okoro the joke is on you😂
Same. The moment I saw that queen Elizabeth used Ojukwu's car, I knew the post was rubbish filled with lies. The then emir of Kano's Rolls-Royce was used by the Queen.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:19pm On Apr 13
Dalohad:
Ogbonnaya Onu slaved so much for the North. From ANPP to APC. There was nothing he did not do for the North, so what was his gain?

He was a slave with zero political value.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by johnjose68: 3:21pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to these people.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. He closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

Igbos will never gain anything being of servitude to this people.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

Ode....what do you want him to gain. Was he not made minister

What else So they should dash him the presidency

Ntor..

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:22pm On Apr 13
OniyideAmplify:
The only thing you people are good at is to cry, wail and play a victim card. Nothing else.

You guys are tribalistic but you will never agree. That reminds me of when I was still looking for job in Dubai, as per Nigerian brothers now, I and some of my so-called igbo brothers were negotiating on how much we gonna charge the white man if eventually he give us the job, after all our stress to win the contract over the Ugandan and Kenyan counterparts. To my surprise, these people started speaking Igbo which I don't even understand. Lo and behold, these people conspired against me and came back to tell me that the man needed just 18 guys instead of the 20 he budgeted because of the amount we charged him. The Igbo man we chose as our leader based on his age gave the white man the names of all the Igbo guys excluding me, telling me the names are complete, which means there's no slot for me.
It took the grace of God and my mom's blessings back home for the white man to noticed I wasn't present despite been at the front line throughout of the whole process of negotiations. I felt betrayed by my own brothers and that is unfair.
That's what they do. I am even suprised that they did not project you as the tribalist.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:27pm On Apr 13
Slytiger:

Same. The moment I saw that queen Elizabeth used Ojukwu's car, I knew the post was rubbish filled with lies. The then emir of Kano's Rolls-Royce was used by the Queen.

You do know Her Majesty visited Enugu also!? Ikembas’ Dad was one of those that welcomed her when she visited the Eastern Assembly, and he equally owned a Rolls! Unless you’re saying he parked his own in his garage while the Emirs’ own was driven down from Kano to ferry her around the East!?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:32pm On Apr 13
Slytiger:

He was a slave with zero political value.

Pray, what ‘political value’ did Yar’Adua and GEJ have that saw them emerge president and vice respectively? Same with Shagari and Ekwueme before them!? ‘Political value’ to you means what exactly….having the most stolen funds to use to compromise the electoral process and hire thugs!?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by aywagze(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13
All the rubbish this mad man is spewing is not a yard stick to anything ..tell us what he did when he was governor that is exceptional till today ..🤔

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 3:38pm On Apr 13
LOVEALAIGBO:

Word!

This Umahi reminds me of Rotimi Amaechi! Both slaved and were/are subservient to the Fulani/Yoruba hegemonic alliance, and Umahis’ story is not likely to be any different! Notice the way his masters are praising him for being a ‘useful idiot’, but as soon as he wants to contest for president against their non-Igbo choice, they will remember he’s Igbo! You already read posts on here from the usual Igbo-hating Tinubu minions who cockily and arrogantly decree that when their godfather has done his eight years, it will go back to the north (don’t bet against them not choosing yet another core north muslim male), and when he’s done his eight years, they will pick a south-southerner! The way they tell it, a Igbo will be president when hell freezes over and lucifer converts to Christianity! shocked
Umahi thinks his case will be different.

But that’s the same mindset the idiots before him thought.

Amaechi thought his case would be different because he was close to Buhari.

Onu thought his case would be different because he had been with them since 1999.

Okorocha thought his case would be different because he grew up in the north and has done a lot of things for them.

Orji Uzor Kalu had same mindset.

Where are these guys today? Irrelevant!

Yet, instead of them to rally round somebody like Obi who is closest to the presidency since the 1980s, they’d rather sabotage him.

Very foolish ijiots we have as elites.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 3:41pm On Apr 13
slivertongue:

no need for these long tales. An igbo man was VP just nine years after the war. it's wasn't Igbo votes that put him neither was it igbos that put him there. There were forces against the choice of Ekwueme as VP but we stood strong. The day will come for Igbos and it won't be there votes alone, it will take them too by surprise. So calm down Obi has shown what a pan Nigerian can be.
Of course I know that it’s not the votes Igbos alone that’d make an Igbo man president.

But we saw the 2023 elections. We saw that Obi won but they took it from him.

So, you see that it’s not about the votes, it’s about the elite conspiracy against the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 3:42pm On Apr 13
Heavensent01:

If all those your mentioned didn't get close to the post then it's not about them, it's about them being an Igbo

Other Nigerians are scared of you Igbo, even south south will have a second thought with you, so stop crying and fooling around

How can you trust people that hate, abuse and insult a tribe and started loving them on the eve election, if that's not treacherous then I don't know what I will call you

Sorry, who did South South vote for in the last election?🤔
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:43pm On Apr 13
LOVEALAIGBO:

Pray, what ‘political value’ did Yar’Adua and GEJ have that saw them emerge president and vice respectively? Same with Shagari and Ekwueme before them!? ‘Political value’ to you means what exactly….having the most stolen funds to use to compromise the electoral process and hire thugs!?
GEJ emerged by luck. The Yar'Adua family were a force in the North. An average northerner or SS or MB or SW do not know who this onu is.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 3:44pm On Apr 13
HeroicMeastro:

If he was given the APC ticket in 2022 and he eventually won the presidential election, we would have been mourning now. The country would have had another death leader on power.
If he was president, his health would have been better taken care of.

He’d probably still be alive.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Macphenson: 3:51pm On Apr 13
LagosFc:
😂 I didn’t expect you to accepted the fact that your Agulu gbajue master is a non performer and a mediocre in governance. At least we can see it by the low budget bore hole he is building in the north hustling for Almajiri vote😂 you should argue with soludo and not me, someone that has privileged information about the past and current running of Anambala govt should be discarded? And I should believe a nonentity like you? Pls find your age group to argue with😂 we don’t rate your bitter obi here in Sw and he has no achievement to his name in governance and the last election proves it, and that’s why Tinubu is the president today and not a mediocre like your messiah😂

My brother counter with facts, are you this dumb? Facts noe.
Peter Obis borehole by far dwarfs Tinubu giving a woman a bottle of groundnut oil, a whole jagaban.

Counter his project with Tinubu' project simple.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 3:57pm On Apr 13
seunmsg:

SE is not where SW was in 1999. Before 1999, a Yoruba contested and won a free, fair and credible presidential election against a NW candidate. Unfortunately, the head of state as at that time from NC with the backing of SE and NW political elites ganged up to annul the election.

SW singlehandedly fought the military for the restoration of the mandate and the return to democracy. It was in the light of this that northern elites minus SE elites decided to back the SW for president. Despite the mood of the country back then, SE still insisted on not conceding anything to the SW. Alex Ekwueme insisted that the PDP ticket should never be microzoned to SW and he participated in the primary till he was roundly defeated.

In APP, Ogbonnaya Onu also insisted on the conduct of the primary election and won despite the agreement between APP and AD to fly a joint ticket with a SW Presidential candidate.

So you see, the circumstances were different as SE have no mandate stolen from them like the SW had in 1999. Again, despite the above, SE never conceded anything to the SW. They competed actively against SW candidates and lost. In fact, SE elites sponsored an article titled “No to Yoruba presidency” in almost all the print media as at that time.

Finally, Ogbonnaya even though a good guy was of no significant value to APC. He brought absolutely nothing to the table in terms of votes to the party. In an election in which PDP already chose Atiku Abubakar as her presidential candidate and LP and SE already adopted Peter Obi as candidate, it would have been extremely foolish of APC to adopt a candidate like Ogbonnaya Onu with no political base and electoral value. Dude would have lost his home state and region to Peter Obi before 9am on Election Day. Don’t let’s even think about how he would have performed in the north and SW.
Good points!

The annulment of Abiola victory in 1993 was a good bargaining chip for the Southwest in 1999. But you would equally agree that the elites could have chosen to ignore the pleas of the Southwest and nothing would have happened.

Meanwhile, while it’s true that Ekwueme insisted on contesting the PDP primaries, Obasanjo didn’t win the ticket out of his superior politicking but because of elite consensus to give Obasanjo the ticket which saw northern party delegates and their western counterparts team up to deliver OBJ.

Now, while the Southeast may not have had an election won by their son annulled, if you remove biases and sentiments, you’d agree that the region seems to be kept out for a long time and it has gotten to a point where the elite consensus that was made for Southwest in 1999 ought to have been done for them in 2023.

But I have come to agree with you people that power is not given but negotiated and fought for (snatched, grabbed and ran away with) which is why I’m blaming southeasterners slaving for APC and hoping power will be handed to them. Following your argument above, isn’t it obvious that they are wallowing in foolery like I asserted above?

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Slytiger: 3:57pm On Apr 13
Macphenson:

My brother counter with facts, are you this dumb? Facts noe.
Peter Obis borehole by far dwarfs Tinubu giving a woman a bottle of groundnut oil, a whole jagaban.

Counter his project with Tinubu' project simple.
Mtchew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu: I'll Dredge River Niger and develop Baro Port / Protesters Storm N’assembly, Demand Death Penalty For Corruption / Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.