Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (22262 Views)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / $16bn Power Projects: Why Buhari Should Not Probe Obasanjo – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by basadenet: 5:27pm On Apr 13
Ogbonaiya onu is a nice person I liked personally but there is no way he would have been a president in 1999.. how ? From where?

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by LOVEALAIGBO: 5:30pm On Apr 13
Slytiger:

GEJ emerged by luck. The Yar'Adua family were a force in the North. An average northerner or SS or MB or SW do not know who this onu is.

It can’t go unnoticed that you’re slyly moving the goalposts to try and align with your narrative! When your narrative goes right, you pick up the goalpost and inch towards the right…..when your narrative goes left, again you pick up the goalpost and inch towards the left!

Oh so it’s no more about the ‘political value’ of the individual in question, but that of his family!? Political-value by association if you like! Hope you’re aware the older brother Shehu also tried to be president? How come the purported ‘Yar’Adua family value was nowhere to be found when he needed it to become president? You’re confusing general northern Fulani hegemonic influence for that of a single family!

Then you brush off the question on GEJ by saying dude got ‘lucky’!

What value did a emaciated and confused OBJ have when the northern hegemony brought him out from prison to coronate him president? You claim OBJ wasn’t the choice of majority of Yoruba, that Falae was….meaning Falae possessed the ‘political value’ of which you speak! So how come said ‘political value’ didn’t help him become president in 1999?

Fact of the matter is you will look for any excuse, no matter how ridiculous, to try and ‘justify’ your desire to see no Igbo becomes president of Nigeria! When your argument of ‘not building bridges’ is bursted, you then move on to ‘political value’! In Nigeria, group hegemonic scheming is what produces its presidents, and it has nothing to do with ‘political value’!
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by ObiCertificate: 5:40pm On Apr 13
LOVEALAIGBO:

Word!

This Umahi reminds me of Rotimi Amaechi! Both slaved and were/are subservient to the Fulani/Yoruba hegemonic alliance, and Umahis’ story is not likely to be any different! Notice the way his masters are praising him for being a ‘useful idiot’, but as soon as he wants to contest for president against their non-Igbo choice, they will remember he’s Igbo! You already read posts on here from the usual Igbo-hating Tinubu minions who cockily and arrogantly decree that when their godfather has done his eight years, it will go back to the north (don’t bet against them not choosing yet another core north muslim male), and when he’s done his eight years, they will pick a south-southerner! The way they tell it, a Igbo will be president when hell freezes over and lucifer converts to Christianity! shocked

But Igbos don’t need the presidency?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by PHIPEX(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13
Flame333:
what is your goal Mr Shehu Sani...

I just feel instead of making all this irrelevant statement on social media, it would have been better for you to look inward and see how you can redeem your influence as a political figure in your state so you can come back and continue pushing your career...

Dino and Patrick wanted to change the system by fighting the Mob of corrupt politicians but they failed, same as you.. they have all kept quiet I expect you to do the same or go about executing projects, personal projects to revive your image...
Because you hate being told the truth. Iff he had insulted Omo Igbo, you would have smiled and crawled back to your room
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Chibuezem(m): 7:39pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to them.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. His closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving for them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the same foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

Igbos will never gain anything being of servitude to this people.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

Sad but true

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Chibuezem(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
That has been the fate of Igbos since the end of the civil war in 1970.

Dr Alex Ekwueme, the first civilian vice president in Nigeria was about to become President after Shagari's tenure in which Shagari confessed that his vice Ekwueme was an excellent man that would succeed him, but as usual, the Northern military boys who played role in the 1966 counter coup that swore that it's better a mad man rules Nigeria than for an excellent Igbo man to emerge Nigeria's President truncated Dr Alex Ekwueme's clear chance of emerging President through Maj. Buhari's led coup.

They did same to Peter Obi after he won the election before everybody's eyes yet they will be foolishly praying for Nigeria to become a great country and expect everybody to be patriotic despite being leaders of unpatriotism, division and nepotism in Nigeria.

Na here we de observe una sha.

RIP Dr Onu, history will remember you for good cry

My reply to an online cretin below
Online cretin.

During APC Presidential Primaries in Abuja in 2022, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu stood before the whole world on live broadcast; President Buhari was there, Tinubu your god was there, Prof Osinbajo was there, Rotimi Amaechi was there, Adam's Oshiomhole was there, Bisi Akande was there, and all the known and unknown APC chieftains were there, before them all, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu reminded them how APC was formed and how he Dr Ogbonnaya Onu used his own money to register APC as a party, none of them disputed him there or went to media to dispute him after the Primaries, but here is an unknown online hungry boy famzing his tribesmen in an empty stomach, talking nonsense about things he know nothing about.

That is how your Yoruba fathers have been lying to you about Omo Igbo from birth, feeding you young hateful Yorubas with lies just to make you hate Igbos and live in perpetual fear of the great Igbo people, continue, na so your forefather and father did and ended up peasant poverty ridden cocoa farmers who lived and died in Ikirun cocoa farm cheesy
Thank you bro
Jisike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:49pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:
Tor

Ogbonnaya Onu is a classical example that no Igbo man will get anything from this people by remaining in servitude to them.

When they make those stupid assertions like “if Igbos want power they must align with the center…they have to vote APC”, I just laugh. Because what they are doing is asking you to come and become their next useful idiot.

Onu has been with these guys since 1999. He never defected. His closest friends and allies were northerners but what did he gain at the end? Tears!

I saw him crying like an infant suckling his mother’s breast during the APC convention and I couldn’t help but cringe. Nobody acted like he existed. When he was done wailing, he left the stage in shame.

Orji Uzor Kalu who has equally been slaving for them since 1999 equally ended in tears when he was crying like a little child they took her biscuit at the floor of the National Assembly.

Rochas Okorocha nko? They humiliated him until he respected himself and went and hid in shame. Despite his servitude to them, they sent EFCC to go and remove his zinc and capture and humiliate him like a common criminal.

Umahi is on same trajectory and I can already predict how it will end for him - in tears.

And I see a lot of people who claim to be Igbos fooling themselves here in the name supporting APC; toeing the same foolish path of the fools before them and I always laugh at them.

Igbos will never gain anything being of servitude to this people.

If you don’t learn from history, you will just end up as just another historical specimen.

so how will ibo win?
By force?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:53pm On Apr 13
peleson1:
True..

Onu was the originator of apc.

He technically removed PDP from power with his proposal of forming a merger mega party apc but the crefit of forming apc has been stolen and given to other people with propaganda.
Na so
Tinubu is what again?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:56pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
Tinubu got the whole accolade of forming APC simply because he brought billions of Lagos state treasury to fund their media propaganda and character assassination against Goodluck's government using Saharareporters and other mercenaries.

Little did Nigerians know that it was Dr Ogbonnaya Onu that brought the money used to register APC as a political party with INEC.

My response to all these young, uninformed Yoruba boys who don't know their history and who Igbos are below

Whenever I tell them the truths, they run and hide because they know the truth.

On one thread some days back, some uninformed Yoruba boys were mocking Igbos for not producing any dollar billionaire according to Forbes' recently published billionaire list. They mocked Igbos for not having any Igbo man on the list, mocked Igbos for not producing President in 2023 even when they knew Peter Obi won but got cheated.

They also mocked Igbos that Igbos are lazy that Igbos only know how to do 4x4 shop trading, that Igbos were poor, miserable before the war that it was after the war ended that Yorubas accommodated Igbos in Lagos that Igbos started seeing money and progress, can you imagine the madness?

On that thread, I took them on a memory lane and reminded them that whatever a Yoruba man aspires to become today or in future in Nigeria, that an Igbo man has already became that long time ago.

I started with reminding them that:

1.) Igbo man; Sir Louis Odimegwu Ojukwu was the first documented richest black person and richest Nigerian, anybody can Google about this. The man was so rich that when Queen Elizabeth first visited Nigeria, Nigeria as a country didn't have a befitting car to ferry the Queen around, so Sir Louis Ojukwu donated his Rolls Royce car which was used to carry Queen Elizabeth about. The man even got official request from British government during world war II to assist Britain with transport logistics in Africa and Louis Ojukwu donated hundreds of his Ojukwu transport company trucks which were used to move Nigerian soldiers that fought on the side of Britain in Burma.

2.) Igbo man was the first Nigerian Governor General of Nigeria and first civilian President of Nigeria, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.

3.) An Igbo man was the first Military President or Head of state of Nigeria, Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

4.) An Igbo man was the first civilian vice president of Nigeria; Dr Alex Ekwueme

5.) An Igbo man was the first Chief of Army Staff in Nigeria; Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

6.) An Igbo man was the first Senate President in Nigeria; Chief Nwafor Orizu

7.) An Igbo man was the first indigenous Army General in Nigeria; Maj Gen Aguiyi Ironsi

8.) An Igbo man was the first African, and first black African to become Secretary General of Commonwealth of Nations; Sir Emeka Anyaoku

and many more yet these cretins keep on wasting their life and time hating on a formidable Igbo people they are only trying to catch up and outsmart through political gangup and treachery cool
and they destroyed the country
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:09pm On Apr 13
Macphenson:
The Igboman keep making sacrifices in this nation but when it gets to their turn, they are told to do this, do that and do this.

What sacrifice
You mean their sacrificed
They did not make any sacrifice
They destroyed the country

A lot of people never knew Ogbonnaya Onu used his personal money to register APC. He was among the finest politicians ever in the history of this country. He would have been one of the most brilliant Presidents this country would have ever produced.
Imagine having a leader like him at the begining of our 1999 democracy.

Rest in Peace Sir.
What did he do for his state
His ministry
Nothing to show
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by seeme2(f): 8:35pm On Apr 13
Senator Sanni is just using the head of you Gen Zs. Probably he is trying to use one of you to warm his bed. Late Onu contested under APP truly in 1999 but everyone knew he was an unserious contender. He came in late just to not make it look like its a Yoruba versus a Yoruba affair. In fact I remember very well a cartoon mocking his candidacy.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Heavensent01(m): 10:19pm On Apr 13
Penguin2:

Sorry, who did South South vote for in the last election?🤔

Their votes were divided, this make them a very sensitive geopolitical zones, not putting their eggs in one basket unlike southeast that abuse, hate, make their politicking obvious with their ranting and wailing online

Igbo have the probability of getting Biafra than being Nigeria President with their kinsmen too much hate and toxicity, if there corrupt politicians like other region in Nigeria can push for their exit

So Yoruba that Queue to vote for obi in Lagos will see you abusing his tribe and leaders will still go and queue for you again in the next election? Except if they're daft

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 11:38pm On Apr 13
Heavensent01:

Their votes were divided, this make them a very sensitive geopolitical zones, not putting their eggs in one basket unlike southeast that abuse, hate, make their politicking obvious with their ranting and wailing online

Igbo have the probability of getting Biafra than being Nigeria President with their kinsmen too much hate and toxicity, if there corrupt politicians like other region in Nigeria can push for their exit

So Yoruba that Queue to vote for obi in Lagos will see you abusing his tribe and leaders will still go and queue for you again in the next election? Except if they're daft
Divided? How?

Obi won in
1) Delta
2) Cross River
3) Rivers
4) Edo

Atiku won in
1) Bayelsa and Obi came second
2) Akwa Ibom and Obi came second.

Now, I ask you again, who did South South vote for? Who won the region?

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by oyatz(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13
JAMO84:
No way Onu could have won anything in 1999, even the alliance between AD and APP got like 13m less votes than PDP. Is Sani trying to say APP alone could have won the election or what? Plus Onu was not known outside the SE, even now, many people have never heard of that name before.

Sen Sheu Sani knew his target audience
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Menclothing1: 11:56pm On Apr 13
He couldn’t even get one vote in primary not even from his state
What did he achieved as a gov ?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Heavensent01(m): 12:11am On Apr 14
Penguin2:

Divided? How?

Obi won in
1) Delta
2) Cross River
3) Rivers
4) Edo

Atiku won in

Okay obi will win 2027 then, south south and southeast will vote for him and the borehole states
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 10:33am On Apr 14
Heavensent01:

Okay obi will win 2027 then, south south and southeast will vote for him and the borehole states
Who won Nasarawa?

Who won Plateau?

Who won Abuja?

Tinubu won Benue by 3k votes margin.

Obi got over 300k votes in Kaduna.

So, what do you mean by votes of Southeast and Southsouth?
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Heavensent01(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14
Penguin2:

Who won Nasarawa?

Who won Plateau?

Who won Abuja?

Tinubu won Benue by 3k votes margin.

Obi got over 300k votes in Kaduna.

So, what do you mean by votes of Southeast and Southsouth?

I have told you obi will win again then we go push am enter asorock
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by tunjilana: 10:16pm On Apr 14
Penguin2:

How much political capital did Southwest bring to the PDP in 1999 before the party’s ticket was conceded to Obasanjo?

Now I see how naive you are, there was no PDP before August 1998 when it was formed and elections happened few months later. So I don't know where u intend to see political capital and as for Obasanjo getting the ticket, that was simply because his friends from the North worked for him to win the primaries against the likes of Alex Ekwueme and Co, as shown below

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO 1,658 67.98%
ALEX EKWUEME 521 21.36%
DON ETIEBET 106 4.35%
GRAHAM DOUGLAS 71 2.91%
JIM NWOBODO 59 2.42%
PHILIP ASIODU 12 0.49%
FRANCIS ELLAH 12 0.49%

Whatever Obasanjo did to make his "other Nigerian friends" trust him enough to get their delegates to deliver for him is his business, despite not being loved or wanted in the South West. The result from the primaries shows ck3arly that the east still contested against him and only supported him during the general elections when the race was mainly a two-horse raise with both candidates coming from the southwest
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 11:15pm On Apr 14
tunjilana:

Now I see how naive you are, there was no PDP before August 1998 when it was formed and elections happened few months later. So I don't know where u intend to see political capital and as for Obasanjo getting the ticket, that was simply because his friends from the North worked for him to win the primaries against the likes of Alex Ekwueme and Co, as shown below

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO 1,658 67.98%
ALEX EKWUEME 521 21.36%
DON ETIEBET 106 4.35%
GRAHAM DOUGLAS 71 2.91%
JIM NWOBODO 59 2.42%
PHILIP ASIODU 12 0.49%
FRANCIS ELLAH 12 0.49%

Whatever Obasanjo did to make his "other Nigerian friends" trust him enough to get their delegates to deliver for him is his business, despite not being loved or wanted in the South West. The result from the primaries shows ck3arly that the east still contested against him and only supported him during the general elections when the race was mainly a two-horse raise with both candidates coming from the southwest
You dared to accuse me of naivety but you are the one who is actually pathetically naive and innocent of history.

Do you know the group called G-18?

Do you know the ones called G-34?

They are a group of 18 like minded Nigerians that came together in 1997 and decided to dare the military regime of Sani Abacha of then. From 18 they later became 34.

That group was led Dr Alex Ekwueme. As of this time, Obasanjo was still in prison and was not part of them.

This Group of 34 (G-34) later became the founding fathers of PDP. And when they scheduled their convention in 1998, they were going to ‘hand’ the party’s presidential ticket to their leader, Alex Ekwueme, until the military mafia threw up the Obasanjo joker and used money to buy the ticket for Obasanjo in Jos. Remember that Obasanjo was an outsider to the group that founded the party.

So, when I talk about political capital of the Yoruba in PDP when they were handed the presidential ticket in 1999, you keep shut and listen and learn.

Educate yourself further below
https://www.nairaland.com/4620973/see-pdp-founders-history-party
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by tunjilana: 5:11am On Apr 15
Penguin2:

You dared to accuse me of naivety but you are the one who is actually pathetically naive and innocent of history.

Do you know the group called G-18?

Do you know the ones called G-34?

They are a group of 18 like minded Nigerians that came together in 1997 and decided to dare the military regime of Sani Abacha of then. From 18 they later became 34.

That group was led Dr Alex Ekwueme. As of this time, Obasanjo was still in prison and was not part of them.

This Group of 34 (G-34) later became the founding fathers of PDP. And when they scheduled their convention in 1998, they were going to ‘hand’ the party’s presidential ticket to their leader, Alex Ekwueme, until the military mafia threw up the Obasanjo joker and used money to buy the ticket for Obasanjo in Jos. Remember that Obasanjo was an outsider to the group that founded the party.

So, when I talk about political capital of the Yoruba in PDP when they were handed the presidential ticket in 1999, you keep shut and listen and learn.

Educate yourself further below
https://www.nairaland.com/4620973/see-pdp-founders-history-party

Of all the groups that actively fought the military regime, Nadeco was the most active.

Most of those killed or exiled during Abacja regime were not Igbos and even the Obasanjo you referenced was in jail for trying to "topple" the same military regime along with Yaradua, despite this, the average yoruba man at the time still didn't see Obasanjo as bn active enough in the struggle. The Igbos were known to be very very passive in that struggle with most of them citing the outcome of the June 12 riots affecting their business as the reason for being passive. All this village gist And lies should stop. It us the same way some of you will claim to have supported Abiola whereas 3 our of the 4 existing Igbo states at the time voted for Tofa!

As for Ekwueme, he properly Participated in the primaries and even got over 509 votes to lose in the primaries. In your naivety you believe they actually hand over presidential ticket to people? Especially that of a party with prospect like PDP? No they don't, politicians align around the sentiments that pays them the military at the time and Northern politicians knew that Abiola's people the yorubas needed to be compensated and those in PDP aligned behind the candidate they could trust which is OBJ, Ekwueme never backed out or dropped his ambition to support OBJ, he tested his popularity at the primaries and lost!

Now as for the yoruba race at that time , we didn't even give 2 about PDP. We knew our genuine heroes in the struggle, we knew the core figures that have bn there since the Awo days and we rallied round them in our own party AD and merged with northern friends who were sympathetic to the course in APP to produce a joint ticket...Olu Falae was our choice hence OBJ couldn't even win his local govt. So other Nigerians picked him against the will of Yorubas and made him president in a process that the Igbos equally have a shot and lost!
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by loffyloffy: 5:55am On Apr 15
Penguin2:

Divided? How?

Obi won in
1) Delta
2) Cross River
3) Rivers
4) Edo

Atiku won in

The point is BAT performed better than expected in the south south..based on all the noise by the obedient before the election.

Obi on the other hand perfomed less than expected..

The only state in dispute is rivers..even if BAT didnt win rives, he came a good 2nd

BAT was second in Akwa Ibom, Edo and cross river..

Thats a strong performance for a muslim/muslim ticket in an heavily christian populated SS. He even manged to push Obi into third place in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 8:00am On Apr 15
tunjilana:

Of all the groups that actively fought the military regime, Nadeco was the most active.

Most of those killed or exiled during Abacja regime were not Igbos and even the Obasanjo you referenced was in jail for trying to "topple" the same military regime along with Yaradua, despite this, the average yoruba man at the time still didn't see Obasanjo as bn active enough in the struggle. The Igbos were known to be very very passive in that struggle with most of them citing the outcome of the June 12 riots affecting their business as the reason for being passive. All this village gist And lies should stop. It us the same way some of you will claim to have supported Abiola whereas 3 our of the 4 existing Igbo states at the time voted for Tofa!

As for Ekwueme, he properly Participated in the primaries and even got over 509 votes to lose in the primaries. In your naivety you believe they actually hand over presidential ticket to people? Especially that of a party with prospect like PDP? No they don't, politicians align around the sentiments that pays them the military at the time and Northern politicians knew that Abiola's people the yorubas needed to be compensated and those in PDP aligned behind the candidate they could trust which is OBJ, Ekwueme never backed out or dropped his ambition to support OBJ, he tested his popularity at the primaries and lost!

Now as for the yoruba race at that time , we didn't even give 2 about PDP. We knew our genuine heroes in the struggle, we knew the core figures that have bn there since the Awo days and we rallied round them in our own party AD and merged with northern friends who were sympathetic to the course in APP to produce a joint ticket...Olu Falae was our choice hence OBJ couldn't even win his local govt. So other Nigerians picked him against the will of Yorubas and made him president in a process that the Igbos equally have a shot and lost!
You are just contradicting yourself up and down.

At one breath you claim the presidential ticket of PDP wasn’t handed to Obasanjo, in another length you claim Yorubas and Northerners rallied round who they could trust.

What does “rallying round” mean if not handing over? Was the rallying round out of Obasanjo’s high politicking? No! It was based purely on the sentiments of the need for Southwest to be compensated for Abiola. So I don’t understand why you are running around.

And about NADECO, that’s the history of the group we are talking about, is it? I produced the link I referenced because we are talking about the origin of PDP and who had the higher stake of getting the party’s ticket at their convention.

Ekwueme was the leader of the group that later became PDP and would have had the presidential ticket for of the party handed to him before the military stepped in.

Ekwueme was betrayed for Obasanjo.

It’s only comparable to a situation where Buhari would have stepped in before the APC convention and direct the party structure to work for Nwajiuba in 2022 when we knew that if the contest is left open, Tinubu will defeat Nwajiuba which is what eventually happened.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by tunjilana: 6:38pm On Apr 15
Penguin2:

You are just contradicting yourself up and down.

At one breath you claim the presidential ticket of PDP wasn’t handed to Obasanjo, in another length you claim Yorubas and Northerners rallied round who they could trust.

What does “rallying round” mean if not handing over? Was the rallying round out of Obasanjo’s high politicking? No! It was based purely on the sentiments of the need for Southwest to be compensated for Abiola. So I don’t understand why you are running around.

And about NADECO, that’s the history of the group we are talking about, is it? I produced the link I referenced because we are talking about the origin of PDP and who had the higher stake of getting the party’s ticket at their convention.

Ekwueme was the leader of the group that later became PDP and would have had the presidential ticket for of the party handed to him before the military stepped in.

Ekwueme was betrayed for Obasanjo.

It’s only comparable to a situation where Buhari would have stepped in before the APC convention and direct the party structure to work for Nwajiuba in 2022 when we knew that if the contest is left open, Tinubu will defeat Nwajiuba which is what eventually happened.

Na everything be betrayal to una. People make choices based on whatever appeals to them but to you is betrayal maybe it is the people that voted for Ekwueme in the primaries that actually betrayed Obasanjo and the people that voted against Falae including Igbos are actually the ones that betrayed yoruba people cos you define betrayal based on your own personal expectation without thinking deeply that everyone has a choice and they have the right to make it and if their decisions don't favor you then you look inwards and create the sentiment/character/coalition that will make them decide for you next time. Why did the sentiment for a yorubaman to be president in 1999 High enough to get northerners and generals in the army to support it? Was it not because yorubas stood up and fought bravely against the injustice metted against one of their own in the person of Abiola!....and by fighting I don't mean confronting well armed military men with shakabula but by leveraging their other strength through the pen and international coalition to surface the evil metted upon them by the military.

The question to you is how are the Igbos addressing the injustice metted to one of them in person of Peter Obi by the PDP who the region served for 2 decades only to deny one of their own access to the platform to contest election thus forcing him to a lesser known party which he had to bootstrap in few months. How are you addressing the Igno delegates who still collected money from Atiku and voted for him in the primaries rather than boycott it in protest. Did you see what the yorubas did for AD in 1999, do you think Falae had any money to give anyone at that time versus a military-backed Obasanjo yet the later couldn't even win his local govt. How resolute and determined are the Igbos to queue behind one voice and use their individual strength, wealth, knowledge etc to win the presidency to themselves rather than allow individualism and greed to prevail. Na to dey fight for share in APC where you contributed little rather than going back home to restrategise and speak loudly with one voice and let the nation know you are ready and serious and this is no longer about money or personal greedy ambition but winning for the region
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu Would’ve Been President In 1999 Instead Of Obasanjo – Shehu Sani by Penguin2: 8:50pm On Apr 15
tunjilana:

Na everything be betrayal to una. People make choices based on whatever appeals to them but to you is betrayal maybe it is the people that voted for Ekwueme in the primaries that actually betrayed Obasanjo and the people that voted against Falae including Igbos are actually the ones that betrayed yoruba people cos you define betrayal based on your own personal expectation without thinking deeply that everyone has a choice and they have the right to make it and if their decisions don't favor you then you look inwards and create the sentiment/character/coalition that will make them decide for you next time. Why did the sentiment for a yorubaman to be president in 1999 High enough to get northerners and generals in the army to support it? Was it not because yorubas stood up and fought bravely against the injustice metted against one of their own in the person of Abiola!....and by fighting I don't mean confronting well armed military men with shakabula but by leveraging their other strength through the pen and international coalition to surface the evil metted upon them by the military.

The question to you is how are the Igbos addressing the injustice metted to one of them in person of Peter Obi by the PDP who the region served for 2 decades only to deny one of their own access to the platform to contest election thus forcing him to a lesser known party which he had to bootstrap in few months. How are you addressing the Igno delegates who still collected money from Atiku and voted for him in the primaries rather than boycott it in protest. Did you see what the yorubas did for AD in 1999, do you think Falae had any money to give anyone at that time versus a military-backed Obasanjo yet the later couldn't even win his local govt. How resolute and determined are the Igbos to queue behind one voice and use their individual strength, wealth, knowledge etc to win the presidency to themselves rather than allow individualism and greed to prevail. Na to dey fight for share in APC where you contributed little rather than going back home to restrategise and speak loudly with one voice and let the nation know you are ready and serious and this is no longer about money or personal greedy ambition but winning for the region

After PDP (Wike) forced Peter Obi out of the party, what did they get from the region?

Or you do not know that choosing to vote Obi en masse was a decision to punish PDP’s unfairness to the Southeast even though we know it was going to smoothen the path to presidency for Tinubu?

And remind me, when Igbos have demanded anything from APC. Or you confusing the APC as a party and an APC government?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$470M Abuja CCTV-Cameras & Solar-Panel Packup After 6 Months (Pictures) / Obasanjo Calls Awujale, Begs Him, Blames Media For Rift / VP Osinbajo Responds To Atiku's Comment In Premium Times Publication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.