Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music (39299 Views)

This Is How To Do Giveaway— Tiktok Lady Knocks Davido Over N300million Charity / Reekado Banks Shades Davido Over Voting (Photos) / Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by nedekid: 4:17pm On Apr 12
Davido should just ignore this charlatan..
I trust Davido.
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by shegra58: 5:05pm On Apr 12
saphiere:
she is not important and he married her? Ediot
capital MUMU
Nobody cheat who dey important to am and still don't care if she see it or not
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by patrickcollins: 6:36pm On Apr 12
Kingluqman:
So sorry to say oo, Late Pope is not even an A list actor. I don't even know him until his death, maybe because of don't watch Nigerian movies that much. So, Davido might not really know the guy, and his death might not too hit him like that.

Please leave Davido alone, we all know he's a very kind person and no one is above mistakes.
He was an A list Actor and good at what he did in entertainment Industry
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by patrickcollins: 6:38pm On Apr 12
saphiere:
So he couldn't wait till after that day? For your information, Brown did not pay David a penny for promotion. The mumu just carry am for head. Inferiority complex dey worry am.

One post I go make for IG that David would be cancelled. Just that for my sister's sake I will forgive him.
He owes pope nothing he is free to go about his business
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Ubdavis(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12
Every life is precious. Do u know how many people died that day. ??.
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Pepperdemisback: 7:13pm On Apr 12
r [/quote]

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by OdefaGirl(f): 8:23pm On Apr 12
Kingluqman:
So sorry to say oo, Late Pope is not even an A list actor. I don't even know him until his death, maybe because of don't watch Nigerian movies that much. So, Davido might not really know the guy, and his death might not too hit him like that.

Please leave Davido alone, we all know he's a very kind person and no one is above mistakes.

You don't watch Nigerian movies and yet know the A-list actors.... So how come so many people are grieved?
No provoke me oo.
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by OdefaGirl(f): 8:36pm On Apr 12
olaolulazio:
U want Davido to show fake love and sympathy like he knows Pope when he was alive.... E go far o

So all those who empathized with him during the death of his son knew him personally?

Stay one place my friend.
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by bong4(m): 8:48pm On Apr 12
saphiere:
Popular Nigerian singer, Davido, has come under scrutiny for promoting his music during a time of mourning following the tragic death of Nollywood actor Junior Pope. Criticism has been voiced by Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu, who questioned the timing of Davido's song release amidst the somber atmosphere surrounding Junior Pope's passing in a boat mishap while returning from a movie shoot.

"This is so insensitive Davido, it's morally wrong for you to be releasing a new song while Nigerians dey mourn Junior Pope. Stop this, what is all this ni tori olorun?", the actor wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5oqJENtg34/?igsh=MWRtMGRteWJ0YXd0aQ==

Only those who haven't eaten or taken their bath because Junior Pope died should criticize Davido..... I come in Peace!
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by rumenase(m): 8:51pm On Apr 12
immortalcrown:
I am not a fan of Davido. I don't have any of his songs on my playlist. I am even against most of the things he uses to catch public attention.

But I think his song release is just a coincidence that should not be treated as a deliberate attempt to disrespect the late "Junior Pope". You can suspend your business just to chase clout without sincerely mourning the dead. You can sincerely mourn the dead without suspending your business. You can suspend your business and sincerely mourn the dead. The sincerity of mourning does not depend on suspension of business. Salutation is not love. Separate business from sentiment. Access Bank didn't go on holiday for even an hour to mourn Herbert Wigwe. If Junior Pope owned SoundCloud, would SoundCloud have gone down for a while because of his death?

Check the difference between Davido and Junior Pope. Davido is a musician, pope was an actor. Davido is a Yoruba with no family connection with Junior Pope who is an Igbo. Junior Pope was not like Cubana Chief Priest and Zubby Michael to Davido.

So, on what ground do you blame Davido? Junior Pope was not a kinsman, tribesman, friend or fellow musician to Davido. Even in Junior Pope's village, people didn't suspend their daily hustles. So, why is a song release by Davido an offense in this case? Did Davido purposely release the song in reaction to the death of Junior Pope? Is the song a diss to Junior Pope?

The same wrong mentality being used to condemn the boreholes Obi donated in the North is exactly what is being used against Davido here. That is the same wrong mentality being used to overhype the same Davido in many entertainment areas. It shows that a larger population of the society bases its judgements on sentiment and emotions, not on facts. I don't mean that Davido should not sympathise with the family of Junior Pope. Davido can postpone the release of his song without being sympathetic about the death of Junior Pope. Davido can release his song and at the same time sincerely sympathize with the family of Junior Pope. If Davido didn't or hasn't sympathised with the family of Junior Pope, attack Davido for that. But don't mix things up unnecessarily.
bro brain full your head 🧠
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Samade7: 10:49pm On Apr 12
BscHolder:

see this ones
You didn't hear of Oyigboupdate the guy that posts anti-biafra threads?
He's currently in jail for defamation

So how many people have dey arrested on nairaland? U don't know anything abeg.
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Melagros(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12
saphiere:
Dem point him gun to promote the senseless song?
Let the dead bury the dead, did you starve yourself because someone not related to you died?
Davido is my guy, I stand with him for this because he has not offended anybody
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Mayhem1: 12:40am On Apr 13
saphiere:
Dem point him gun to promote the senseless song?
na Davido kill jnr pope? Abeg rest
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by walebliss(m): 4:56am On Apr 13
Hate will never allow some people progress in this world . Nobody's death can stop the world for a second . You die we move on .
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by aalangel(f): 5:58am On Apr 13
immortalcrown:
I am not a fan of Davido. I don't have any of his songs on my playlist. I am even against most of the things he uses to catch public attention.

But I think his song release is just a coincidence that should not be treated as a deliberate attempt to disrespect the late "Junior Pope". You can suspend your business just to chase clout without sincerely mourning the dead. You can sincerely mourn the dead without suspending your business. You can suspend your business and sincerely mourn the dead. The sincerity of mourning does not depend on suspension of business. Salutation is not love. Separate business from sentiment. Access Bank didn't go on holiday for even an hour to mourn Herbert Wigwe. If Junior Pope owned SoundCloud, would SoundCloud have gone down for a while because of his death?

Check the difference between Davido and Junior Pope. Davido is a musician, pope was an actor. Davido is a Yoruba with no family connection with Junior Pope who is an Igbo. Junior Pope was not like Cubana Chief Priest and Zubby Michael to Davido.

So, on what ground do you blame Davido? Junior Pope was not a kinsman, tribesman, friend or fellow musician to Davido. Even in Junior Pope's village, people didn't suspend their daily hustles. So, why is a song release by Davido an offense in this case? Did Davido purposely release the song in reaction to the death of Junior Pope? Is the song a diss to Junior Pope?

The same wrong mentality being used to condemn the boreholes Obi donated in the North is exactly what is being used against Davido here. That is the same wrong mentality being used to overhype the same Davido in many entertainment areas. It shows that a larger population of the society bases its judgements on sentiment and emotions, not on facts. I don't mean that Davido should not sympathise with the family of Junior Pope. Davido can postpone the release of his song without being sympathetic about the death of Junior Pope. Davido can release his song and at the same time sincerely sympathize with the family of Junior Pope. If Davido didn't or hasn't sympathised with the family of Junior Pope, attack Davido for that. But don't mix things up unnecessarily.

You write so well. All punctuations on point!!
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by eugenesmalls(m): 8:17am On Apr 13
This is highly insensitive?

The lot of you are crazy upstairs Honestly

I didn’t even know for a fact that there is currently an online mourning going on for Jnr Pope, i guess you all are dressed in black rn while u comment this trash.

The world can’t pause or stop cause someone random with fame died.

Who are you to judge a man going about his own business?
Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by shegra58: 4:20am On Apr 19
saphiere:
she is not important and he married her? Ediot
Davido only need her as baby machine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ini Edo Releases New Photo / Mo’cheddah's Look At Her Traditional Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Ikoyi $50m: Mo Abudu "I Have Never Received Any Apartment From Rotimi Amaechi"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.