Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A (13855 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by cmon(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Well, maybe they actually get this 20 - 24 hrs light in the band A. I've not seen any of them complaining here. Please, if you're in band A and you actually get the 20 - 24hrs daily, LIKE this post. If you don't get it, please SHARE the post. Make we check whether we go begin pray to enter band A.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Flame77: 8:34pm On Apr 12
meum:
The ones wey dey band A before no Dey get light reach 20 hours yet they are adding more areas to this their scam band. The next thing is to apologize for any inconveniences as if they mean it.

They just want to make money by all means. This band A thing na scam. Who dey monitor am? Na dem dem.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Laboosh(m): 9:03pm On Apr 12
Kellie069:
All this just to charge people exorbitantly! I am certain that most of these supposed band A areas don’t receive even 10 hrs of electricity daily! How does the govt scam its citizens and act like nothing is wrong ?

Aswear ....politics aside I’m on band A with even more than 20hrs light. Truth is that the bill is high. I wish what’s good for the gander is also goo for the goose. One love

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by bobbiiee: 9:13pm On Apr 12
Am contended with Band B. I don't pray for upward review of my band. I don't want bleeding pocket.

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 9:36pm On Apr 12
justmi1:

How do you do your maths... these area were obviously having poorer electricity before which means they would use more diesel which is more expensive compared to increased power tariff so far the power is constant

So increase in tarrif which no one is sure they'd be given 20hrs min for long won't affect production price?

Anyways, you don't produce anything so I will pardon your ignorance

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by maasoap(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12
DagashSamson:
Technically reducing power supply to aboki in the North.
If you have stayed in the North before you will wonder why states with less purchasing power are enjoying more stable power supply than those with higher purchasing power in the south.
The recent tariff increment is too much at a go, however I think it's a scheme to redistribute power supply regionally.
How many areas in the North can afford the tariff for minimum of 20 hours a day.
Many times Buhari administration had to step in and pay the difference for Kano Electricity Distribution Company as well as other DISCO's (Kano was the highest all the time) due to shortfall in revenue collection and remittance to the GENCO's.

Wailing and spitting nonsense as usual. Is Buhari still in power now? How is Kano DISCO now surviving? Who is bailing them out now? IBEDC is the worst DISCO right now in Nigeria! Did you see it in the morning how they and TCN were trading accusations? My area under IBEDC was just moved out of band A. That's how useless IBEDC is right now
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 9:38pm On Apr 12
Mubiola360:
If truely it can be implemented and the 20hrs is certain, it will save a lot of fund burn on fuel and Gen maintenance and hence , reduction in cost price , ease pressure on fuel , with stable power, more Manufacturers will troop in. A win win at the long run.

Who told you 20hrs is a guarantee?? That's how buhari was able to deceive you guys for whole 8years

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12
Laboosh:

Aswear ....politics aside I’m on band A with even more than 20hrs light. Truth is that the bill is high. I wish what’s good for the gander is also goo for the goose. One love

You wouldn't understand my joy when someone hinted me that our area has been moved out of band A. From N94 up to N225 and then down to N67! I quickly recharge 20k before they change their decision again sooner than expected
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by maasoap(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk am😂

No be Jonathan privatised power sector with the blessings of his supporters which you might be one of them?
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by maasoap(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12
tommy589:
Official scammers

It was estimated bills that led the migration to prepaid. Now, we have prepaid metres with state sanctioned fleecing scheme, where you pay for services not utilised
This bands nonsense has rendered prepaid meter useless except that customers are now being charged like they on estimation but still using prepaid meters to prevent them from using electricity the way they like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 9:58pm On Apr 12
maasoap:

No be Jonathan privatised power sector with the blessings of his supporters which you might be one of them?

pH refinery that wasn't privatised howfar? Ajeokuta steel nko??

If you no get reasonable thing to say you get d fvck off
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Killermamba: 10:02pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
Band A is for rich people!

Ikeja Electric Just leave me for Band B.

Minimum of 16 hours don do me! Small for night and small for day

I need prepaid meter o!
the funny thing is that I am on band C and I enjoy light sometimes 24hrs even 72hrs uninterrupted. The least is 18 - 20 hrs when the grid is down or something else came up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by blacknp(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12
omoredia:
We are paying for a clueless government. Ignorance is costly
Then you better stop 👀 looking @ yourself in the mirror, before you start owing.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by AbuTwins: 10:25pm On Apr 12
Killermamba:
the funny thing is that I am on band C and I enjoy light sometimes 24hrs even 72hrs uninterrupted. The least is 18 - 20 hrs when the grid is down or something else came up

You get luck o!

But are you sure you are in band C?

I sent my meter number to Ikeja electric on twitter and they told me band B.

I heard it can be checked directly on their website sha.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by maasoap(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

pH refinery that wasn't privatised howfar? Ajeokuta steel nko??

If you no get reasonable thing to say you get d fvck off

They were working well under Jonathan, that's why you exempted them from the lists of national assets he was supposed to privatise grin grin grin. Mumu grade one
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by abdsamad(m): 10:48pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk am😂

A doubling to about 120 might have been more useful cos then it will be better than using gen supply but at 225... I dunno, i guess they'll have to compare it to the cost of using generators.

If it doesn't exceed that cost then things may not be so disastrous. But for ordinary people i don't know how to square that circle.

It's like they've colluded with all these loan apps to gradually wipe out any avenue to have savings so people will borrow even more

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by JerryGent1983: 10:49pm On Apr 12
We need a serious revolution in this country this scam of Tinubu is becoming something else this man wants to milk us dry before getting two years in the Office and nobody is talking they kept on playing us chess game they said after increasing fuel price with removing subsidy scamming format that when dangote's refinery start working that fuel will come back to normal now it's over 6 months we're still waiting now they are back with another scamming format ..... these guys are taking a whole nation of about 200 million plus in population for a ride and nobody is talking or protesting before you know it all of us in this country will fall in band A group ...make we dey watch
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by abdsamad(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12
VanuatuWycombe:

Walahi, I am surprised. We are getting more than 20hrs here.
Our light has always been good before sha but in the last 3 months, it has improved greatly. We have had more than 4 days of uninterrupted power supply.

This Band A thingy come make an dope. But let’s face it: the thing cost o. N20k light wey I buy today, na around 82 units dey inside o.

I want to go and buy light of 200k before they move me to that band a.
20000 naira is like 300 units, and that'll last me about 2 months. That's like 120k in a year.

To go from that to 20k for 80 units... That's going to be nearly half a million on light, because of what?

Kukuma kill me is what i say. Kukuma kill me
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 11:33pm On Apr 12
maasoap:

They were working well under Jonathan, that's why you exempted them from the lists of national assets he was supposed to privatise grin grin grin. Mumu grade one

They also worked well under your Messiah buhari that you voted to snatch power from Jonathan
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by meum: 11:36pm On Apr 12
Flame77:

They just want to make money by all means. This band A thing na scam. Who dey monitor am? Na dem dem.
I kept screaming from day one that it’s a scam. That’s what they did to us few years ago. Ours was 18-20 hours. While others were paying lesser per kilowatt we were paying more. Did it work? Yes it worked for a few weeks after that Nigeria happened to the light. Did the tariff come down? No it didn’t.

They should not try that band A thing with us abeg. The fake band A they put us that year was enough. I’m okay with the 10hours daily. I don’t want that minister to accuse me of leaving my refrigerator on always or putting on my AC while seeing my friends off😂

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Kellie069(m): 4:33am On Apr 13
Laboosh:

I checked the list of areas and their bands, but I didn’t see my area on the list! Sometimes I have electricity for straight 3days. Around 3-4 years ago, our electricity supply stays for weeks. Maybe they will off it for 5 mins 3 times in a week. We are bandless
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by MajorLanister: 4:59am On Apr 13
tollyboy5:

Olodo constant light will ease the price of goods because light is cheaper than gen.

Next time do a little calculation before typing. Please do a little calculation. For example - my house (2 bedroom ) utilises 234 units which is 12000 naira. This is way cheaper than a generator. If I should be migrated - I will tend to spend 234 * 225 which is 52650 Naira for a house that averages 10 to 15 hours of light. where the bulk of the light only comes at Night.

Now imagine the cost of a 21-hour light service where the cable networks are dilapidated with transformer issues and inferior conductors etc. YOU will discover not all the areas will be consistent with their supply. which implies they get to feed on their Gen in some cases and pay the outrageous fee along aside
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ilekokonit: 5:49am On Apr 13
Tinubu is just looking for every avenue to raise money for his future election bids and money to loot to subjugate 220 million Nigerians by perpetuating himself and his cronies into power into perpetuity through corrupting the electoral process with thuggery and bribery using looted funds just like he bribed the Supreme Court Judges at the PEPT.

What a Bstard Tinubu is turning out to be.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by HRMK: 6:07am On Apr 13
IT WILL SOON BECOME USELESS WITH OVERLOADING!
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by oyatz(m): 6:52am On Apr 13
Ozommadu:

If there is stable electricity supply with this arrangement, it is still cheaper than the money being spent on generators monthly.
Using Diesel (at #1200/Ltr) powered generators is an inefficient and expensive way to run manufacturing industries.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Menclothing1: 7:45am On Apr 13
Ozommadu:

Where's the 24hrs light?? With constant grid fall nationwide, how long do you think the 24hrs light will stay??

This is same propaganda buhari used playing right in front of you.

So an increase in tarrif won't affect food prices when you know the epileptic power supply in this country

Grid collapse don’t affect us in band A it’s gas plant that generate light for band A

It’s kanji dam water that always collapse

We enjoy almost 24hrs power ikedc they call it 33kv b4 now band A
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by themanderon: 7:51am On Apr 13
Stupid criminals masquerading as leaders. They keep shouting band band but we have not seen a single trace of power for weeks now. Rubbish country run by criminals drug barons and bare-faced rogues.
At a time when the world has moved on to greater things our country keeps degrading on every front.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:04am On Apr 13
[quote author=zoomzoom post=129404387][/quote]some of those streets are not estates or industrial areas o
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Minjim: 9:30am On Apr 13
They're just scamming Nigerians with this band A stuff.

No Disco can sustain 20:hours power for 7 days straight.

The Discos knows this
The FG knows it too
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Killermamba: 11:06am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

You get luck o!

But are you sure you are in band C?

I sent my meter number to Ikeja electric on twitter and they told me band B.

I heard it can be checked directly on their website sha.

I am unmetered below is my last bill

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by VanuatuWycombe: 12:20pm On Apr 13
abdsamad:

I want to go and buy light of 200k before they move me to that band a.
20000 naira is like 300 units, and that'll last me about 2 months. That's like 120k in a year.

To go from that to 20k for 80 units... That's going to be nearly half a million on light, because of what?

Kukuma kill me is what i say. Kukuma kill me
😁😁. Trust me: the charges are not for faint-hearted. You have got to have what you are using the light for.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by VanuatuWycombe: 12:23pm On Apr 13
Magnumproperty:

Waoooo. So the 20 hours minimum supply for Band A customers is true? We went dey lower bands no see light enjoy at all. That means you have to be switching off everything switchable when you aren't at home so as to manage your units.

It’s true. They hardly take it and when it goes, it doesn’t take up to 1hr before they restore it - except if they are doing major repairs.
Sometimes, in less than 15 seconds, it’s back. Yes. You read me well. In less than 15 seconds. At times under 1 minute, it’s back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Water Scarcity Hits Kano State / Nnamdi Kanu Releases Seven States That Will Form Biafra, Reveals System Of Gover / The PDP Mass Exodus And The Coming Implosion Of The APC By Obiaruko Ndukwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.